• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hatched another Snorlax from a 10k egg :eek: This time it's 87% IV, with 1700cp. Moveset: zen headbutt and earthquake. Thinking I may upgrade this one, since the IV+CP combo is better than my other 2. 39 Snorlax candies, damn.

My luck from eggs has been great in general lately. Also hatched more starters from 2k eggs.

edit: actually, figured it'd be better to up the 95% one with lick and hyper beam. It's at 1850 CP now, time to test this bad boy out in gyms.

Flo_Evans

I'm halfway through my 3rd 10k egg. Wish me luck.

Dk10MLH.jpg

saw this on the scanner the other day... but I was tucking my kid in bed :(

Firemind

Have enough candy for Nidoqueen, Arcanine and Wigglytuff. Wish me luck guys.

edit: poison jab / stone edge
bite / flamethrower
feint attack / hyper beam

so close

Azole

Neo Member
Scyther from 10km egg, sigh
Got my 2nd Gyarados, Twister, sigh

First one I got bite/Hydropump and 2nd/3rd I got bite and dragon pulse. Enough candies for 4 more gyarados but really no point unless I get a 100% IV one. Got a 95% one (the one with bite/Hydropump).

MisterHero

oh dear I hope the game isn't broken.

game completely froze 3 times. before that I could do everything except view the store.

133 in the dex now. At which point are people considering the Pokedex complete, when can I say that I've caught 'em all?
There's a few that aren't available yet right, why is that?

Red Fire

133 in the dex now. At which point are people considering the Pokedex complete, when can I say that I've caught 'em all?

5 legendaries (3 birds + mewtwo and mew)
3 region exclusives (mr mime, kangaskhan, tauros and farfetch'd are exclusive to some continents, so you probably will only get 1 outta 4)
1 Ditto

So 9 not available for the average player which means you can get 142.

142 would be "complete". Out of the original 151, the remaining 9 consist of 5 legendary Pokémon (Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres), the 3 regional exclusives that aren't in your area, and Ditto. The legendary Pokémon will probably come alongside major in-game events. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one such event happened before the year ends. As for Ditto, I imagine the biggest reason is that they simply haven't gotten around to working out how to implement it, both in function and in code.

Flo_Evans

lol fun night playing.

So I am taking over 1 more enemy gym to get enough coins for an incubator, and I see another player in the battle, guy comes around the corner and flags me down and is like "are you floevans?"

It's 2 dudes in the same team and they are like fuck! This other gym has been instinct too long can you help us take it over?

We drive over there and kick its ass, they add me to their text thread and it turns out I am already friends with this other guy on there lol.

It's way more fun taking out an enemy gym with other teammates. A hell of a lot easier too. Hopefully we can coordinate which gyms to try and hold in the neighborhood.

Been lures with this pokestop all night. Seems to be mainly water Pokemon. Caught 2 Dratinis so far.

That's going to remain true for the rest of Universal. Disney is the same way, water pokes galore.

My bad luck streak with Poliwrath continues. Third one now that got mud shot. This one was 88% IVs and a nearly maxed out bar. I'm crushed :( I'm still 6 out of 6 on Slowbro with water gun too. Sigh....Oh and another 10k dud. Hitmonchan AGAIN! I have 65 candies for him now lol

Added Gengar, Alakazam, and Clefable to the dex after tonight's lucky egg fest. I'm now at 136 and missing:

Charizard
Golem
Muk
Tauros
Porygon
Aerodactyl

Charmander is on buddy duty and I'm close enough to Golem that I can probably luck out with enough wild geodudes to go straight to Grimer as the next buddy.

Sadly this game is on life support in my area. Went to what used to be the best hot spot nearby and it was a ghost town. 9PM on a Friday night and it was me and one other guy when I got there. He left quickly and then I put 2 lures up. Over the next 30 mins only 9 people came and went. A girl by herself that didn't stick around long, 2 groups of 3 that hung around for a while, and a couple that drove up for a Rhydon and left right away. One group of 3 had a little kid whose Rhydon ran on him. He was whiny enough to begin with, but after that he flipped OUT and the older brother he was with lost his patience and hauled him off along with his embarrassed GF or sister that was with them. After that I was alone for the rest of the lures and I left after they expired.

Gyms are stagnant as fuck too. I've been sitting on 11 for nearly 3 weeks now with minimal effort. I was kicked off one finally sometime last night and reclaimed my spot this morning. Tossed in a 2818 Dragonite for the top spot on a level 10. I'll probably never get him back.

Firemind

My bad luck streak with Poliwrath continues. Third one now that got mud shot. This one was 88% IVs and a nearly maxed out bar. I'm crushed :(
Join the club. I also have three Poliwraths with Mud Shot. Two with Hydro Pump. I'm sitting on 388 candy waiting for a 90%+ one. I realized how valuable stardust is when you start getting higher level. Taking a Pokemon from lvl. 20 to 30 costs about 100k!

At least I have two Slowbros with Confusion/Psychic. They're soon going to get outclassed though. I don't know why Exeggutor has such high stats. It has lower base stats than Slowbro in the main games and Slowbro is slower. Someone at Niantic must like palm trees lol.

Yrael

I would power up any Lapras with Ice Shard as it's a beast defender and Ice Shard does a lot more damage than Frost Breath. I would still keep it to train and kill Dragonites but I wouldn't power it up. Lapras candy are hard to come by.

Edit: Oh, Lapras is also fantastic at training against much higher cp Gyarados.

Rightio. I'll keep it at its current level then, which should still be high enough to tackle CP 2000+ Dragonites with the right amount of dodging.

Speaking of Dragonites, I evolved my 93% Dragonair today...it got Dragon Breath + Hyper Beam. Would've preferred Dragon Claw, but hey, at least it's not yet another Steel Wing + Hyper Beam combo like the last two. I think I might power this one up more...it's already at 2184 CP without having spent any star dust on it yet.

acohrs

Was just walking around with the app open today and a Porygon spawned right next to me even without seeing it on the sighting! The Go Gods must be happy with me!

Firemind

Rightio. I'll keep it at its current level then, which should still be high enough to tackle CP 2000+ Dragonites with the right amount of dodging.

Speaking of Dragonites, I evolved my 93% Dragonair today...it got Dragon Breath + Hyper Beam. Would've preferred Dragon Claw, but hey, at least it's not yet another Steel Wing + Hyper Beam combo like the last two. I think I might power this one up more...it's already at 2184 CP without having spent any star dust on it yet.
Mine has DB/HB. Not powering it up. :lol

Saving all that candy for more Dragonites.

Looks like Dragonite will be my last Pokemon, seeing as I need 93 more candies at 5km per candy, and they'r rare spawns in London... is there a nest anywhere??

Found a Charmander nest in Bethnal Green Gardens and Victoria Park is full of Machops.
Now just need to head to Greenwich Park for Abras and find Dratini and Bulbasaur nests (looks like Holland Park isn't a nest of anything any more??)

Yrael

Mine has DB/HB. Not powering it up. :lol

Saving all that candy for more Dragonites.

I decided to power mine with the rest of the candy I had - it's at ~2500 CP now (and has also kind of made my Lapras redundant lol)! I know of a spot that yields a good number of Dratinis, so hopefully it won't be too much of a chore to get more.

I finally got into a groove where I have pokecoins from gyms consistently. Currently running 4 incubators at a time, got my first porygon and since I have open slots more often, got my 5th 10k egg ever. Feels good man

jariw

Finally got a Charizard using a Charmander as my buddy and with the help of a some 2km eggs. Bulbasaur is now my new buddy.

cHinzo

Cool, found a Vulpix in the wild. At 98 Pokemons caught now. Getting closer to the 100! Also got enough candies for a Raichu. Got Omanyte as my new buddy. Only need 10 more candies.

AdanVC

The biggest mall on my city is going to have all it's pokestops with a lure active for 1 hour today! It's for a contest they're doing and the one who catches more pokemon from that will win silly things. Too bad I'm stuck at work and I can't go, there's like 15 pokestops in the whole mall just imagine all the rare pokemon that could probably appear! D:

Was just walking around with the app open today and a Porygon spawned right next to me even without seeing it on the sighting! The Go Gods must be happy with me!

That's the greatest feeling omg. It happened the same to me when I catched my first Snorlax few weeks ago! It was one of my most wanted pokemon so just imagine how I reacted when I was walking from the grocery store. Just took my phone out to randomly check the game and BOOM!! The damn Snorlax appeared ready to be catched! I catch it and it is now my strongest pokémon with 1777 CP (His IVs are kinda low but whatevs).

GulAtiCa

So my 7 10k egg results were kinda mixed. Not horrible, but not great.

Pinsar
Omanyte
Eevee
2 Magmars
Kabyto
Hitmanchan

So 3 new Pokemon. Now at 162k stardust.

377,675 stardust

10K eggs
835 Electabuzz
1264 Magmar
1161 Electabuzz
619 Kabuto
1143 Electabuzz
460 Onix
817 Hitmonlee
1138 Scyther
1168 Pinsir
1256 Magmar
1273 Magmar
There's likely another Pinsir that I lost track of.
Currently have 2 more 10K eggs incubating, one at 9/10 and one at 7.5/10

Pokedex 111 caught/seen

I also have enough candy to evolve (and get new entries for):
Sandshrew -> Sandslash
Ponyta -> Rapidash
Shellder -> Cloyster
Cubone -> Marowak
but I'm waiting for better candidates to evolve

One Pokemon whose rarity I am surprised by is Grimer. I've seen/caught it once and have never seen it again.

If I had to guess at which of the 142 will be the last one that I get I'd go with Omastar. Also on the short list are Muk, Hitmonchan, Chansey, and Aerodactyl.

JavyOO7

I caught a Pinsir with 14 14 12 and a fury cutter... but submission as his charge move. I already have a Pinsir with two fighting moves, bah.

deanote666

Is neogaf switching to the IP address 67.227.255.239 in the URL and logging anyone else out?

Evolved my first Rhydon today. 14/15/15 with mud slap and stone edge. That's the ideal move set, right?

Out of 5 Snorlax I've caught, none of them are more than 1200HP. Sigh

I caught a 1700CP snorlax the other day with 0-2 attack. More candy towards the high level one that will come along sometime.

Saturday was decent when it came to getting new Pokemon. I started playing at 9 AM in the morning and stopped at about 4 PM. I had a break from 1 PM-3 PM. So, I played 5 hours that day.

I tracked down a wild Lapras, and I caught it! While I am disappointed in its low IVs and 1105 CP, this was an exciting catch. I also gained Alakazam, Rapidash, and Raichu through evolution.

The Alakazam ended up with the worst possible moveset (Confusion and Dazzling Gleam), but he would still suck even if he had Psychic. I'm a little upset that my Rapidash (with 100% IVs!) learned Drill Run, but my other Fire types are good. I decided to just say "screw it", and finally evolve Pikachu. I simply wanted Raichu in my Pokedex, so I'm still waiting to evolve a good one from a hatched Pikachu. I have over 100 remaining candies, and my town still has a Pikachu nest (it changed location).

I claimed 9 Gyms on Saturday, which was pretty amazing. My previous record was 6 Gyms, and I was consistently claiming 5. I'm already down to 5, but I know that I can cash in another 80 or 90 Coins if I run an errand in the morning.

Current state of the game in this town: Pokemon Go generally appears to be dead here, but I did run into a few players on this day. The gym scene is still ongoing in the university area, and gyms are not all blue. I was able to get myself into a few really strong Instinct gyms here. Most areas outside the university are plagued with level 10 Mystic gyms. I bought a lot of coins a week ago, so I thankfully don't have to rely on gyms as much as I did before.

My stats and plans to continue playing: I'm level 28, and I have seen and caught 128 Pokemon. I will make another post detailing what I need. Basically, my reason for continuing is to complete the Pokedex and get just a few more top tier Pokemon for Gyms. I have five 10km eggs, but I will wait for a larger mass hatching. I have 5250 PokeCoins left.

Came in here to bitch about my two latest 10km hatches. The top of page posts didn't help...

A pincer and a hitmonlee to add to my 10pincer and 4hitmonlee

Thanks Niantic you fuxking bastards.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Came in here to bitch about my two latest 10km hatches. The top of page posts didn't help...

A pincer and a hitmonlee to add to my 10pincer and 4hitmonlee

Thanks Niantic you fuxking bastards.

Jealous! I don't have Pinsir and Hitmonlee yet, I'd love those as 10k hatches actually

I keep getting these Snorlax things lol

Jealous! I don't have Pinsir and Hitmonlee yet, I'd love those as 10k hatches actually

That eases my concerns. Crazy, I feel like Pinsir aren't even rare in my area i run into those constantly. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan aren't too rare either. I ironically run into them once in a while in our Little Tokyo and Chinatown.

I yet to even see a snorlax so i'm hoping for that or a chancey on my next go around.

Firemind

I keep getting these Snorlax things lol
You'll get one eventually and then they can piss off! And I say this as a Pinsir fan. Snorlax on the other hand...

At least there's a Scyther nest nearby so I can farm candy for Scizor. Assuming it doesn't need Metal Coats...

Yrael

My 10km eggs have been very varied.

- Electabuzz
- Jynx
- Scyther x2
- Snorlax
- Hitmonchan
- Kabuto
- Eevee
- Pinsir
- Magmar
- Lapras

GulAtiCa

I was happy to get my hitmanchan. Pinsar would have been fine if they weren't somewhat common around me. I actually found a Hitmanlee in the wild the other day. Was really surprised.

I JUST learned about the IV bug getting fixed from a (very) rare visit to Sylph Road. In retrospect, I did see a few "breathtaking" high IV pokemon recently that were earlier on the Pokedex. I hope I can finally evolve a good starter soon.

GulAtiCa

All of a sudden my Go + doesn't work anymore. I can connect it. But once it starts vibrant. If I click the button, it disconnects Everytime.. worked fine all day yesterday at Universal Studios. Started happening last night

Firemind

I'm making steady progress on my Rhydon. Enough candy to get it to 1854cp. Soon it will have the title of Slayer of Snorlaxes (provided I can dodge EQ.)

My 10km eggs were:

Aerodactyl
Snorlax (4x)
Pinsir (2x)
Scyther (2x)
Jynx
Magmar
Chansey
Kabuto

So that's 13 10km eggs from a total 146 hatched eggs.

Today I evolved my Voltorb, man Electrode sucks hard, not even 1000cp.

Pokedex at 129 now. But now the next evolution will take a long time again.

I guess my last mons will be Venusaur, Machamp, Omastar and Dragonite. I need a lot of Candy for those and they're so hard to find.

Been talking with a friend who has been in California for a few month now. Turns out the Pokemon there are the complete opposite of the Pokemon that can be found here. So when he comes back he'll probably have everything he needs.
Still haven't seen Ekans in the wild, lol.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Been talking with a friend who has been in California for a few month now. Turns out the Pokemon there are the complete opposite of the Pokemon that can be found here. So when he comes back he'll probably have everything he needs.
Still haven't seen Ekans in the wild, lol.

trip over ekans here in california

Top Bottom