• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Been talking with a friend who has been in California for a few month now. Turns out the Pokemon there are the complete opposite of the Pokemon that can be found here. So when he comes back he'll probably have everything he needs.
Still haven't seen Ekans in the wild, lol.

Yep, if I look at fastpokemap in LA I see everything that's very rare here: Ekans, Growlithe, Mankey, Machop, Sandshrew, Geodude, Vulpix, the works.

I've noticed that around here, lots of Pokemon that were uncommon or "rare" as it were before are starting to appear more often. I've seen Cubone, Machoke, Mankey, etc appear on the nearby list more often than not.

That's not to say there's not an ungodly amount of common junk and stuff like Bellsprout, Oddish, etc but it's changing a bit.

I've noticed that around here, lots of Pokemon that were uncommon or "rare" as it were before are starting to appear more often. I've seen Cubone, Machoke, Mankey, etc appear on the nearby list more often than not.

That's not to say there's not an ungodly amount of common junk and stuff like Bellsprout, Oddish, etc but it's changing a bit.

your common junk is my precious rare :(

I had to travel a bit but finally got a viable bubbler, 10 cp Poliwag that I powered to 20 cp, then this same morning caught a 12 cp dratini and I was so freaking happy. +833 prestige, no potions or revives to build gyms.

CassSept

I have 134 Pokemon and I still don't have Vileplume, heh. At least Digletts finally started to appear in my city so that's a plus.

I should get to 138 fairly soon, Charizard some time after that and then it's only Hitmonlee, Kabutops and Dragonite left... which are all, well, a total crapshoot.

deanote666

I'm wondering if your nearby can effect your egg outcomes.

Hatched an execute earlier today. Caught an execute (uncommon around here) earlier today. My sis did the same the other day

Hatched a ponyta earlier today. Caught a ponyta (rare around here) earlier today.

Another magmar from a 10k egg...

400CP snorlax ran, 2 abras in a row ran. Soft ban?

Also, anyone else getting fewer regular balls? I had 2 regular and 100 great earlier.

Azole

Neo Member

Also, anyone else getting fewer regular balls? I had 2 regular and 100 great earlier.

Abras are hard to catch so if you need them, I would suggest berries and possibly a great ball if high cp; They tend to run after the first ball (some contribute this to be like the anime). As far as regular ball goes, I restocked just the other day and I got 500 regular to 100 great.

I think it's more likely where you pick up the egg is what affects it. I did another 8x 10k egg hatching, and two of the ones I picked up from the Santa monica pier were two dratini. the Lapras that was hatched may have been near a water spawn area in my city

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I keep getting the egg hatches I want, it's nuts. 5k just hatched: ekans with a crapton of candy, so I have Arbok without seeing Ekans in the wild. Now I won't even have to bother. Before that Oddish/Bellsprout, bringing me very close to Vile/Victree. Sandshrew/Doduo next pls

Way overdue for a parade of Venonat/Paras/Jynx/Onix

I went to an Abra nest yesterday and caught most of them on first attempt... three ran out of about 12-15.
Have more troubles with the starters. And just had a Dragonair escape razz+ultra combo 7 times in a row.

I keep getting the egg hatches I want, it's nuts. 5k just hatched: ekans with a crapton of candy, so I have Arbok without seeing Ekans in the wild. Now I won't even have to bother. Before that Oddish/Bellsprout, bringing me very close to Vile/Victree. Sandshrew/Doduo next pls

Way overdue for a parade of Venonat/Paras/Jynx/Onix

Venonat and Paras are everywhere here (fairly small city).

Joni

Hatched an execute earlier today. Caught an execute (uncommon around here) earlier today. My sis did the same the other day

Hatched a ponyta earlier today. Caught a ponyta (rare around here) earlier today.

Another magmar from a 10k egg...

Abra has a 99% flee rate.

GulAtiCa

Welp, sorry to hear.
You checked if it's just the battery?
Otherwise this would be very bad news if this thing would die that fast.
Well, I assume it's the battery. That's what I meant. Though won't be able to replace it till I get home from my vacation.

Though, might explain why it started acting wonky 2 days ago and always disconnect any time I tried to use it for anything but walking and Pokestop. Any Pokemon would disconnect it

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Starting to lose motivation to play with all gyms being lv 8~10 Mystic now, especially when it used to be so lively until a couple weeks ago. I guess the game is truly dying around here now.

I'm not even a big gym battler (usually just battle once per day for 10 coins), but it's disheartening to start seeing shit like this again:

Tw2iC9I.png
Tmf5SFN.png
ApFiWiN.png

Firemind

Lapras can murder 3000 Dragonites with half HP bar to spare. Only Steel Wing / DP or DC or kind of annoying to face. I live to take down those gyms. Gives 500+ exp for each clearance too. Only strat I hate is the bubblestrat where they can build up lvl. 10 gyms in 10 minutes.

Falawful

Yeah, I wish all enemy gyms were full of Dragonites, would rip through them like tissue paper with Lapras and Dewgong.

It's when they have Lapras and Snorlax that really makes it not fun.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
yeah, I've never seen or hatched a Lapras.

I'm more miffed about the obvious hacking by players than what pokemon they're using though. I suspect someone called 21964294096 isn't bothering too much with doing things legit, and there are players with variations of the same username too.

Undefined

i wonder if i should just care about IVs and not movesets. Because all that really matters is being placed up high in gyms with high CP.
Once an attacker reaches your pokemon when fighting your gym it doesnt really matter how good your moveset is because your pokemon is going down.
Am I thinking about this right?

Firemind

i wonder if i should just care about IVs and not movesets. Because all that really matters is being placed up high in gyms with high CP.
Once an attacker reaches your pokemon when fighting your gym it doesnt really matter how good your moveset is because your pokemon is going down.
Am I thinking about this right?
Honestly the perfect gym is 10 Snorlaxes. It just depends whether there's any team coordination or people are loners.

zulux21

Well, I assume it's the battery. That's what I meant. Though won't be able to replace it till I get home from my vacation.

Though, might explain why it started acting wonky 2 days ago and always disconnect any time I tried to use it for anything but walking and Pokestop. Any Pokemon would disconnect it

battery seems to last about 15-25 hours of gameplay before it starts giving a red warning light that it is dying. not sure how long after that it fully dies.

KingBroly

Banned
I think I've found a Magikarp nest. A Magikarp seems to spawn at the bottom of every hour at a gas station like 5 minutes from my house.

GulAtiCa

battery seems to last about 15-25 hours of gameplay before it starts giving a red warning light that it is dying. not sure how long after that it fully dies.
Well, than explains the red lights I get that confused me. Though sucks it only lasted a month. I swear the box said 2 to 3 months+. Oh well. Will replace once I get home.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Have to say I've taken a liking to the Plus. It really grows on you over time and tbh I'd already miss it. I'm considering buying batteries for it.

Decided on a whim to take down the level 7 gym near my place with 1500-2300 CP pokemon in it. I don't have anything higher than a 1750CP Lapras. It took me about an hour to knock it all the way down, and along the way I spent about 50 revives and 50 hyper potions. It was neat to see that I could do it, and I learned a thing or two along the way (Scythers are actually okay at beating Exeggutors!) but oh man I'm not doing that again for a long time.

Joco

Got lucky and hatched a Tangela today. I had only seen one once on fastpokemap.se and it was too far away to get too. So that puts my Pokedex at 135.

Still need Venusaur, Charizard, Machamp, Kabutops, Chansey, Aerodactyl, and Dragonite for all the Pokemon available in North America. Looking like all but Chansey and Aerodactyl should be obtainable just by grinding at the local hotspot, the other two I'll probably have to pray I get lucky from egg hatches as I've never even seen them on the radar around here.

Been playing since day one, have 50 Bulbasaur candies, 84 Squirtle candies, 29 Charmander and 49 Abra.

Getting to Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard and Alakazam feels like this

giphy.gif

Finally got enough candy to evolve a Blastoise and an Omastar but can't find a Squirtle or Omanyte with decent IVs.
Worth waiting until I can? Tempted to evolve just to get them in the dex.

Top Bottom