• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

KingBroly

Banned
Yup, I found a Magikarp nest 5 minutes from my house. At :30 and :45 past the hour, a Magikarp spawns there with a 25% chance of up to 3 additional karp spawning there. It also seems like Dratini spawn there before 11 and noon.

AdanVC

Finally caught my first dratini! Holy crap. It's nice to work next to a river where tons of water type pokemon appear. Now the loooooooooooooooooong way to evolve him into a Dragonair and the painful way to a Dragonite... But for some reason, Dragonites tend to appear kinda frequently on the city. Like once every 2 days or so but on different parts of the city and always pretty far away from where I am.

Memles

I'm two Dratini away from Dragonite 2 (Dragonite 1 has been stuck in a gym for weeks now), and so I was pleased to see a Dratini show up outside work when I got in this afternoon.

This is about the only time you hate to see a 688 Dratini—ran on the first berried Ultra Ball.

Anyone struggling with stardust? I saved all of mine up until I was level 24, I still have 100k but it's going fast. I fear being at 0 stardust and having enough candy to Power Up but not enough dust to do it on a regular basis.

Firemind

Anyone struggling with stardust? I saved all of mine up until I was level 24, I still have 100k but it's going fast. I fear being at 0 stardust and having enough candy to Power Up but not enough dust to do it on a regular basis.
I have more than 300k saved up and I'm worried about this as well. I only have 12 defenders that I power up, but every lvl. 20 after this takes 100k to get it to my current level. wtb stardust

Like everyone has said, I am so sick of Eevees from 10km eggs!

I hatched 5 of the 10km eggs today, and the results were mixed.

The good hatches were Chansey and Omanyte. Chansey is extremely rare, and this one even has excellent IVs (14 ATK, 13 DEF, 14 STA) and good moves (Pound and Psychic). I'm very happy with it! The Omanyte puts me 9 Candies away from Omastar, so it's a good hatch.

The other hatches were 2 Eevees and Jynx. Very disappointed in those.

Out of fifteen 10km egg hatches:

1 Onix
1 Hitmonlee
1 Chansey
2 Jynx
1 Electabuzz
1 Magmar
6 Eevee (damn you)
1 Omanyte
1 Snorlax

I really won't be going for mass hatches of 10km eggs, because I'm bound to be let down. It's a good thing that the only Pokemon I now need from them are Hitmonchan and Aerodactyl.

Dratini hatch will speed up progress toward Dragonite, and Snorlax and Lapras are just good for PVP.

I still have 11 Incubator uses, and 4120 PokeCoins. The vast majority will obviously go towards Incubators.

Azole

Neo Member
Yowza. I went to the Cleveland Art Museum for a class "field trip" today and I can't believe how many stops and Pokemon I got. Just constantly getting the stops to activate and pocketing mad Pokemon. I even saw a wild Electabuzz for the first time (I got one from an egg already though.

Downtown seems to be stuffed with Drowzee and Hypno, at least over by CSU. As you fan out though it looks like more uncommon mons like Electabuzz, Jynx and more are out.

Caught a perfect Gastly today, as far as I know it's my first 100% Pokemon :) Going to end up as a 1306CP Gengar once I get 5 more candies

deanote666

It seems like I've been getting more 10k eggs but the hatches have been worse...

Gotten 2 Eevee's, a scyther (I know, candies for scisor) , pinser, magmar, recently. I haven't been keeping track of my 10k eggs but this should be close:

1 electabuzz
3 magmar
1 pinser
2 scythers
5+ eevee
1 lapras
1 jnyx
1 hitmonchan
2 omanyte
1 kabuto

Got 2 10k eggs in a row from stops earlier today after hatching my 2nd scyther.

Went to a bulbasaur nest today (Swan Creek in Toledo, OH) and only got 11. The 12th I got today from a non-nest spawn was the only "wonderful" one today.

rc213

Finally a 10km that wasn't total trash.

A LAPRAS!!!!! with Ice Shard/Dragon Pulse...

Still I'm happy to finally have one in my possession.

Vipu

Banned
360k dust here and most my top gymmers are maxed so doesnt seem to be problem here.
Also im 29,5lvl so its pretty slow to spend dust at this point.

GulAtiCa

As a parting gift, Universal Studios gave me a 10k egg. I actually have 3 on me currently with 8 already hatched since Friday. 1 will hatch sometime today

my current top 12

Screenshot_20161005_063727.png

I wish there was a better gauge for the pokemon besides CP...my top 12 is getting boring and it will get even more boring as time goes on because it will eventually just be a bunch of Dragonites. I wish my slowbros could somehow get more cp as slowpoke is easily my favorite pokemon

Grabbed a Pokemon Go+ yesterday, so I finally fired the game back up after having not played for over 2 months. It definitely seems to be a more streamlined experience now, which is nice.

Have there been any major balance changes? As in, have they buffed/nerfed any 'mons?

Syntsui

So, Niantic has no way to ban botters unless they are denounced? A friend of mine has been botting for more than a month and absolutely nothing happened, he caught almost all Pokémons, including the region exclusives and easily surpassed my hard earned level in less than a week.

This shit made me really mad with the game and made me realise I shouldn't take it serious at all, since then I haven't even opened it anymore. I literally lost any kind of motivation to play it.

Anyone else having issues with Pokestops?
They often show up blank/white, sometimes they spin for ages with nothing coming out then say 'try again later'.

Had similar issues during launch period when the servers were fucked but it'd been alright until this week.

MANUELF

Banned
So, Niantic has no way to ban botters unless they are denounced? A friend of mine has been botting for more than a month and absolutely nothing happened, he caught almost all Pokémons, including the region exclusives and easily surpassed my hard earned level in less than a week.

This shit made me really mad with the game and made me realise I shouldn't take it serious at all, since then I haven't even opened it anymore. I literally lost any kind of motivation to play it.
Why? The fact that your friend was cheating made you lose the drive to keep playing?

GulAtiCa

Report your dumbass friend and get him banned.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Eggs keep giving me what I need, I can get used to this. Hatched a Voltorb today, finally got enough for Electrode. Also got a Vulpix, enough for Ninetales. I could get close to 140 if this keeps up. Currently at 121, and it won't be too long til I get near 130.

My Ninetales is only 82%, but it has ember and fire blast, so I favorited it anyway.

Syntsui

Why? The fact that your friend was cheating made you lose the drive to keep playing?

Why waste time grinding to have a competitive team if he can do the same without even playing it? I was mostly done with the game and the lack of content, it's not really that interesting anymore, but this was the last nail in the coffin for me. I'll probably be back for a while when a several new contents are available, but still, this game doesn't reward investment if they can't ban botters that don't expose themselves in gyms.

KingBroly

Banned
3 Magikarp, a Dratini, a Bulbasaur and a Charmander in roughly 20 minutes. That's efficiency.

still need 174 Karp Candy for Gyarados >_<

Charmanders are too hard to catch IMO. Too rare as well.

Also, they NEED to fix the launching Ball glitch already. I've lost like 15 balls this week because of that

Pejo

Anybody else unable to log in using Google account when off of WiFi? no matter how strong my cellular data signal is, I cannot log in from it.

Joco

Niantic changed something, Fast Poke Map is down

Fucking ridiculous. If they spent half the effort they do killing 3rd party trackers on actually implementing one into their own game we'd have had a new tracker a month ago.

The tracking sites actually made me play the game more. I'd frequently check the scanner from home and run out and get rarer Pokemon if they were close enough. Without that, forget it. I don't have time to wander around aimlessly hoping to stumble upon something good. Niantic's management of this game has been horrible.

Dracil

Technically their target was all the bots. FPM was just a casualty. I suspect eventually scanner sites will just make you solve the captchas for them.

Dishwalla

Banned
Honestly surprised it took this long for Fast Poke Map to get taken out, it was up for over a month. Pokevision lasted like two weeks.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Fucking ridiculous. If they spent half the effort they do killing 3rd party trackers on actually implementing one into their own game we'd have had a new tracker a month ago.

The tracking sites actually made me play the game more. I'd frequently check the scanner from home and run out and get rarer Pokemon if they were close enough. Without that, forget it. I don't have time to wander around aimlessly hoping to stumble upon something good. Niantic's management of this game has been horrible.

Well the timing now is more unfortunate than ever, because it's mostly the devoted players that are still hanging in there, who are using sites like FPM to track down what they still need. It's what keeps people playing still, don't understand the witch hunt either. Ban all the cheaters/hackers of course, but at least give us the tracking :(

Well looks like I'm back to not blowing money on pokeballs at least.

Can't use Pokemonnearby.io because I can't quote the post to get the password any more since the thread is closed

Hycran

Banned
Well looks like I'm back to not blowing money on pokeballs at least.

Can't use Pokemonnearby.io because I can't quote the post to get the password any more since the thread is closed

They changed it to a new system but I was never able to make it work. I asked for help in this thread but was left out in the cold like Ash"s Charmander...

They changed it to a new system but I was never able to make it work. I asked for help in this thread but was left out in the cold like Ash"s Charmander...

Make a PTC account with a throw away e-mail and give the login information to PokemonNearby and get the password

Top Bottom