• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

rc213

They changed it to a new system but I was never able to make it work. I asked for help in this thread but was left out in the cold like Ash"s Charmander...

Pretty easy, You see those random numbers and letters in the login/pass fields? Your supposed to copy those and make a new PTC account using a throw email. Once you've created the account and verified the email on ptc you will be able to login using the very same login/pass

deanote666

I think I found some botters earlier today.

Trained a gym up and put a mon in. Later, it was taken by 3 Valor. I knock it down for lolz. Immediately, before the prestige screen hit 0, 3 more valor took it over. Knock it down again to make a point and again, it was taken over before the prestige screen hit 0. However, this time, the 3 were Mystic. Later, it was taken back by 3 Valor.

Then I saw all 4 gyms were taken over by the same 3 Valor in an area that closes at dark after dark.

Never saw 1 person at the first gym I described. Too big of an area to say that there wasn't anyone at the others.

hirokazu

I think I found some botters earlier today.

Trained a gym up and put a mon in. Later, it was taken by 3 Valor. I knock it down for lolz. Immediately, before the prestige screen hit 0, 3 more valor took it over. Knock it down again to make a point and again, it was taken over before the prestige screen hit 0. However, this time, the 3 were Mystic. Later, it was taken back by 3 Valor.

Then I saw all 4 gyms were taken over by the same 3 Valor in an area that closes at dark after dark.

Never saw 1 person at the first gym I described. Too big of an area to say that there wasn't anyone at the others.
That's a common occurence now, a lot of people doing gyms aren't physically there. During some gym runs, I don't see a single person but lots of activity at the gyms.

All I can say about the scanner blitzkrieg is:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It does suck, but since I a.) live in the Bay Area, aka Pokémecca and b.) gym battling/social aspects is more fun than me than actually finding pokemon, losing at-point tracking doesn't really phase me. Plus I'll take the casualty if that means botters/spoofers got hit big.

Although, I can admit the third party trackers did change the meta a bit, and I can see it being an engaging experience for folks. I remember seeing a bunch of teens at the park yelling and at each other to get in a car because they saw a Snorlax via a tracker. One guy even left his bike there to join his friends on this frantic rush to catch it. That was great to see, honestly!

I will miss using Pokestumble to find lured pokestops. That was nice to use to plan my outings. And I have a strange feeling that people are going to be even more pissed off when Niantic implements the "new" tracking system.

I'm very interested to see if a particular gym at my house has botters and if they got banned... though it's my fault that I let Team Mystic turn that gym to level 10, but I am suspicious. Ugh, I swear the people who stopped playing the game were all Valor. I am a lone soldier in a forgotten war...

Complistic

Anybody else unable to log in using Google account when off of WiFi? no matter how strong my cellular data signal is, I cannot log in from it.

I know this sounds absolutely insane, but I have to cycle my carrier network to 2g then back to LTE every time I boot up my phone or else my account won't connect when off of wifi. Cricket wireless and some other smaller carriers are a little broken since the last update.

LOL, FastPokeMap is still alive. I think some of you jumped the gun a bit.

It is the reason that I have a Lapras, and it is generally useful for getting target Pokemon. It is also useful to scan other cities and towns, because some Pokemon literally don't spawn in some places.

The worst experience I have ever had was actually with a fellow team member. This happened a week ago. I spent 20 minutes leveling up an Instinct gym to level 9, and I was about to put my Pokemon in until someone sniped me. The user who sniped me placed a level 5 Dummy account at the very bottom of the gym. He waited until the gym was leveled up, so that he could put his primary level 27 account in there.

I reported this asshole, and I think Niantic actually did something. I checked the gym a few minutes later, and the dummy account was gone. His main account is still around. I didn't bother getting back into the gym, so someone else got in.

I can't say much about Mystic or Valor, but Mystic is a plague in parts of town. I wouldn't be shocked if some of them were cheating.

I'm doing pretty well as an Instinct player. I've had 3 gyms for almost 2 weeks now, and I have picked up some huge bonuses in the past several days. The Pokedex is still my primary focus with this game.

GulAtiCa

So I'm finally back from my nearly week long vacation from Universal Studios. I used a LOT of coins on egg incubators and got my items up to max 1000. I plan to use my remaining coins for only 2 egg incubators per week, so the remaining will last me 5 months easily. Not to mention I'll gain coins too.

Here are my current stats to showcase how things went in the last week:

Level 28: 105715/250000
Total XP: 1205715. I agined +122542
Coins: 6510. So I used up 5300 coins in a week on getting to max items, set of Lures & lots and lots of egg incubators.
Stardust: 246,048. I gained +118,655 stardust. But I just used 246,048 of it to level up a lot of my Pokemon. My Exeggutor & Arcanine (still a while to go) used up most of it.
Eggs Hatched: 404. 82 Eggs hatched in this timeframe
Pokemon Caught: 3,156. 253 caught/hatched
Pokedex: 133/134 - New Pokemon: Hitmonchan, Omastar, Kabuto & Aerodactyl
Kilometers Walked: 624 km. 46 km walked!
Buddy: Charmander with 111.4 km walked - 62 candies total - Gained nearly 20.
431 Great Balls & 119 Ultra Balls. Gained 2x for both.
1000 Max Items.
No real rare Pokemon found in the wild (Kabuto & Snorlax were seen on my nearby, but couldn't get to them). But, I found LOTS of Dratinis around. Caught maybe 10, prob more on my trip. Hell, were at least another dozen I saw on the nearby but didn't go after them due to being in the opposite direction. 1 Dragonair got away... I now have 96 Dratini candies. So I might have a new Dragonite soon!

I have hatched 9 10k eggs on this trip, with 2 more on my currently.
Hitmonchan, 2 Kabuto, 2 Magmar, Pinsar, Eevee, Omanyte (which gave me enough candy to get my Omastar), Aerodactyl

Funny enough, for 3 weeks prior I was taking in 50+ coins per day. But the day after my vacation started, all but my lone dragonite got knocked out, so only could take in 1 per day. I'll have to re-place my pokemon in gyms again, should be simple after just leveling a lot up.

My current top 12:
wSjB.png

I really haven't decided on a Vaporeon to fully level up yet.

I didn't see those recent posts. The game will be seriously hurt for me if this happens.

I think it just went down again, nothing showing up on scans

At least I was able to find a Rhydon, Snorlax and Machoke near my house today........but Pokemon Nearby is still the best at finding things within 400m or whatever

tauke

Welp SafetyNet Helper got updated and Magisk is not working.

No PokeGo for me until someone figure out how to bypass it.

I don't mind the captcha stuff but using SafetyNet has been a pain for legit players.

JavyOO7

New update coming soon, it seems like.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/elemental/

Trainers,

We want to give you a sneak peek of a feature coming soon to Pokémon GO. We are adding a new feature which grants a catch bonus when you earn medals based on catching certain types of Pokémon (Kindler, Psychic, Gardener, etc.). These new bonuses will give you a better chance of capturing Pokémon with a related type. For example, as you reach a higher tier for the Kindler Medal, your bonus to catch Fire-type Pokémon such as Charmander, Vulpix and Ponyta increases.

Trainers can work their way to a new tier by catching many Pokémon of the same type. If a Pokémon has multiple types, your bonus will be the average of your bonuses for each type. For example, Pidgey is both Normal and Flying type. Your bonus in this case would be the average of your Normal-type and Flying-type bonuses.

Look forward to this new feature coming soon!

Fast pokemap ain't workin right for me. There are two pokemon that spawn on my house every hour at different times. I checked the site when the time was right and they didn't show up, so I thought they had just removed those spawn points. When I turned on my game, they popped up like normal.

Complistic

What if I have a shit load of those medals already? I hope it lets me choose which medal is active. Also, this creates a problem if you want to catch more of things you don't have like Ice types. Also people used to catch the same things in the same areas, so maybe instancing is the way to eliminate trackers. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Im sure it'll be retroactive and does it say anything about only being able to activate one type at a time?

They really need to take Eevee out of the 10k egg group, shit is ridiculous.

I would like that, but the real problem is that they make the chances to hatch Eevee so common compared to the other choices. That's what really pisses me off. The egg hatching chances are really punishing in general.

With 5km eggs, I have never hatched: Diglett, Porygon, Tangela, Tauros, or Lickitung. It's not a huge deal since I have the latter 4. Diglett was easily available when the spawns changed last week, but I still didn't hunt for it. I simply didn't expect another spawn change to happen just hours ago. The hilarious part is that I already caught 2 wild Dugtrio, but still no Diglett! I'm glad that I only need one for completion.

With 2km eggs, I have hatched: 3 Charmanders, 2 Bulbasaurs, 2 Jigglypuff, 2 Geodude, 2 Pikachu, 1 Clefairy, and 0 Squirtle (c'mon, I have 227 candies). I hatched countless numbers of the other trash.

I hatched 224 eggs total.

zulux21

im gonna have to go find out what my nests turned into

I had bulbasaur and machop.

i didn't get enough candy from either
only caught like 10 bulb and no machop.
next change was to fast @_@

All the local nests are shit-tier (like, the Voltorb nest I didn't even get a chance to go to is Doduo now) and as far as I can tell literally NOTHING interesting is spawning in my neighborhood anymore, though I can't be sure since maybe 95% of my scan attempts on FastPokeMap are bad now. Almost all the results I get are from other people's prior scans, and not enough people are successfully scanning anywhere near me, so I can only "scan" in places 10+ miles away from me...

I feel like the catch bonus stuff isn't actually very useful. For example, I need a Chansey to fill out my Pokedex. What good is an increased chance to catch a Chansey if I've literally never seen one in the game? If there was a bonus to Chanseys SPAWNING, that'd be different. A catch bonus does me very little good.

Complistic

I feel like the catch bonus stuff isn't actually very useful. For example, I need a Chansey to fill out my Pokedex. What good is an increased chance to catch a Chansey if I've literally never seen one in the game? If there was a bonus to Chanseys SPAWNING, that'd be different. A catch bonus does me very little good.

Would love that.

zulux21

chansy is a normal type
catching rats/birds will help you catch it.

HardRojo

Would love that.

I think he understands that, what he means is an increased chance of a certain Pokémon spawning. I think it could work with incenses, as they seem pretty useless to be honest. Haven't played for about a week and a half now, it sure is a relief and I might come back if there's an interesting update.
Edit: Nvm you edited it. Still applies to the post above mine though.

CassSept

I'm so glad I visited Omanyte and Bulba nests asap.

Shame that this impacts Fast Poke Map and the ability to find nests and the weather had been horrible this past week, but maybe this will help me with finishing up the dex... well, outside of Dragonite at least.

tauke

For those using Magisk to play PokeGo on custom ROM, do remove it and ensure to wipe Dalvik and Cache.

Next, flash this http://phhusson.free.fr/superuser-r266-hidesu.zip through recovery and after reboot, search at Play Store for phh SuperUser app.

With root disabled, you can launch PokeGo fine until Google/Niantic next wave of blocking legit players on custom ROM...

teeny

Well not if he never meets one. Your catch change could be 99,99%....but if you never encounter a Chansey, that would still be useless.

True but when / if you do encounter one, it will be beneficial to have the increased catch rate for it's type, surely? I don't know, seems like a very beneficial feature to me.

CassSept

This new nest rotation is absolutely godawful in my city. Everything changed to crap. Omanyte nest? Horsea. Slowpoke nest? Eevee. Bulbasaur nest? Jigglypuff. All of the rarer spawn points seem to rotated into common mons and the mons that started finally appearing (i.e. Diglett which I had not seen until recently since July) just up and disappeared.

Vipu

Banned
This new nest rotation is absolutely godawful in my city. Everything changed to crap. Omanyte nest? Horsea. Slowpoke nest? Eevee. Bulbasaur nest? Jigglypuff. All of the rarer spawn points seem to rotated into common mons and the mons that started finally appearing (i.e. Diglett which I had not seen until recently since July) just up and disappeared.

Oh noes poor you, meanwhile we still have 0 nests here and seems like spawns have decreased?? Normally I can have few pokemons at work every hour but today I get about 1 pokemon every hour.
Also less pokemons at home, saw like 1 whole morning when there should have been few at least.
And im talking about weedle, pidgey etc kind, nothing better.

chansy is a normal type
catching rats/birds will help you catch it.

I don't think you understand. If I never ever ever see Chanseys, there's nothing for me to catch. The catch bonus could be 1000%, but if Chanseys never spawn for me, I still won't get any Chanseys. Or to put it another way, you could guarantee that the next time I see a Chansey, I'll definitely catch it. If that next time is ten years from now because Chansey spawns are so rare, what does it matter?

Firemind

So I'm finally back from my nearly week long vacation from Universal Studios. I used a LOT of coins on egg incubators and got my items up to max 1000. I plan to use my remaining coins for only 2 egg incubators per week, so the remaining will last me 5 months easily. Not to mention I'll gain coins too.

Coins: 6510. So I used up 5300 coins in a week on getting to max items, set of Lures & lots and lots of egg incubators.
Stardust: 246,048. I gained +118,655 stardust. But I just used 246,048 of it to level up a lot of my Pokemon. My Exeggutor & Arcanine (still a while to go) used up most of it.
1000 Max Items.
No real rare Pokemon found in the wild (Kabuto & Snorlax were seen on my nearby, but couldn't get to them). But, I found LOTS of Dratinis around. Caught maybe 10, prob more on my trip. Hell, were at least another dozen I saw on the nearby but didn't go after them due to being in the opposite direction. 1 Dragonair got away... I now have 96 Dratini candies. So I might have a new Dragonite soon!

Hitmonchan, 2 Kabuto, 2 Magmar, Pinsar, Eevee, Omanyte (which gave me enough candy to get my Omastar), Aerodactyl

Funny enough, for 3 weeks prior I was taking in 50+ coins per day. But the day after my vacation started, all but my lone dragonite got knocked out, so only could take in 1 per day. I'll have to re-place my pokemon in gyms again, should be simple after just leveling a lot up.

My current top 12:

You're slacking. I just reached lvl. 29. ;)

My top 12:
I'm farming candy to power up the Lapras further but they've been stuck in gyms for weeks. :lol

1000 Max Items.

My current top 12:

Kind of funny that I got more XP than you but only hatched 152 eggs so far. Guess that's because I haven't spent a cent on this game and my total coins I earned so far is maybe 800.
But I caught 5260 Pokemon so far and used 6280 Poke stops.

GulAtiCa

I'm slowly catching up. I tell ya, Universal was FULL of people playing Pokemon Go! Saw so many people playing, lots of lures going on. Lot of fun.

I forgot to mention, but this past week I went through 800 Pokestops.

Now that I'm back, I'm going to try to get my gyms back in order. Not so much lucjk this morning. My regular ones I go to in the morning were already full. Damn. Only could place 1 in a gym where I had to defeat some Pokemon. So got 2 for today. It's in an area that is still heavy with activity, so I doubt my Pokemon will last long.

Pretty much where I'm at. I never see anything good in the wild. Been level 25 for a few weeks and I'm just flat out done churning out birds and bugs. They are not fun to catch, I don't even try anymore. Lures and incense bring me more birds and bugs. There ought to be a badge to give a generous 0.000015% chance to turn every rattata into something else when its encountered.

This new nest rotation is absolutely godawful in my city. Everything changed to crap. Omanyte nest? Horsea. Slowpoke nest? Eevee. Bulbasaur nest? Jigglypuff.

Eevee can evolve in Vaporeon and most of all don't sleep on Jigglypuff: a pound/hyper beam Wigglytuff is one of the best attacker you'll ever find.

SecondStage

Neo Member
Man, I really would have loved to have that catch bonus stuff a couple weeks ago when a Charizard ran on me... Better late than never I guess.

Got some amazing 2k and 5k egg hatches lately. 93% Charmander, 100% Jigglypuff, my very first Seel and Lickitung. Now I need some candies.

AdanVC

Are scanners out of comission again? Asking because my Live Map on desktop isn't showing anything.

Yeah, they all stopped working this sucks beyond words. The only thing that keept me playing is now not working anymore. Niantic should block 3rd party trackers but when they releases their proper in-game tracker, not before when we still have to wait till who knows when. D:

Completely terrible all around for me, which sucks because I only got to check out one of the MANY great nests that popped up in the last one, and it was the one I wanted to check out the least.

And as far as I can tell, even just normal spawns in my neighborhood are shit now. I was catching all kinds of rare stuff and now it's literally just the region-wide commons.

The new changes have seriously diminished my interest in the game right now. :\

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
once you hit level 30 youll get a bunch of them that are above 700 cp all the time the problem is you will get them all the time

Top Bottom