• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

AdanVC

Haven't bothered in opening the game the whole day now that trackers are blocked. That and the fact that gyms around here all level 8/10 now and are filled with hackers with users on level 33 with several 3000+ CP Dragonites on different gyms is absolute bullshit. I had report them several times but they're still there. I don't want to stop playing this game since it has gave me lot's of good times and I have met tons of people thanks to it but this is getting on my nerves already and don't know how much I could handle that.

JavyOO7

Oh wow, that's an interesting update.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/training_update/

Gym Training Just Got Easier...
Trainers,

As we continue to make improvements to Pokémon GO, we have made an enhancement to the Gym experience for Trainers of all levels. In an upcoming version of Pokémon GO, when training at a friendly Gym, Trainers will be able to bring six Pokémon to battle instead of one. In addition, the CP of the Pokémon you are training against may be temporarily adjusted lower during your training session to generally match your Pokémon’s battle capabilities.

No matter what your level, you can now have an impact on your team’s Gym. Walk with your Buddy Pokémon to that nearby landmark and show your Team Leader that you can battle with the best!

Azole

Neo Member
Haven't bothered in opening the game the whole day now that trackers are blocked. That and the fact that gyms around here all level 8/10 now and are filled with hackers with users on level 33 with several 3000+ CP Dragonites on different gyms is absolute bullshit. I had report them several times but they're still there. I don't want to stop playing this game since it has gave me lot's of good times and I have met tons of people thanks to it but this is getting on my nerves already and don't know how much I could handle that.

Why are you scared of a few 3k+ Dragonite? They are fairly easy to take down...

JavyOO7

If you get dewgong or cloyster or Lapras... Dragonite goes bye bye.

edit - https://youtu.be/Eczc16_ajvY?t=2m41s

AdanVC

Why are you scared of a few 3k+ Dragonite? They are fairly easy to take down...

Not scared at all, it's the fact that those users are getting away with them since they got those Dragonites through hacks and they don't get banned even after I report them several times already. It's unfair.

If you get dewgong or cloyster or Lapras... Dragonite goes bye bye.

A cloyster?? Didn't knew that! I only have a shellder from those three pokemon you mentioned so will focus on evolve lil shellder now. Thanks for the info! :D

Firemind

SMeBpsj.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, I've been going through the same in my area too. Thankfully there's a single gym near work that still gets a healthy rotation of real players so I usually go there to play for a bit, but most of everything has been lv 8~10 Mystic hacker gyms since last week.

Firemind

Why face palm? This is a good idea to me.
designer suit giovanni probably doesn't like scrubs putting weaklings in gyms

in all seriousness, we don't know how it's implemented yet, but i presume this is a way to deal with bubblestrats. whether you can still fight pokemon twice your level and receive 1000 prestige remains to be seen...

Most gyms around here start with the lowest member being 25/26.

Now you're gonna be able to have someone with, perhaps half that level being able to put someone in there and the gyms will turn over even easier.

Although it spreads the wealth, so it's not all bad. Just a very interesting change, wonder if they'd have jkept more players if they'd done this sooner.

JavyOO7

Not scared at all, it's the fact that those users are getting away with them since they got those Dragonites through hacks and they don't get banned even after I report them several times already. It's unfair.

A cloyster?? Didn't knew that! I only have a shellder from those three pokemon you mentioned so will focus on evolve lil shellder now. Thanks for the info! :D

Yeah, Dragonite takes 1.56x damage from Ice.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/149

And here all the ice Pokemon

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-ice

Dewgong is higher up than Cloyster, but if you get ice/ice moves, especially frost breath/blizzard, then I think Cloyster will be okay.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/91

zulux21

I don't like the part about adjusting levels... sounds like they are trying to kill bubblestrat.

they likely are, and should be.

either way... the update is completely and utterly useless to me.

I likely will never care enough to level up a gym again since basically every god damn gym in a 5 mile radius is a level 10 blue gym now and has been for the last month :/

when someone gets boarded and drops the gym level 1 it will just make it easier for someone to bring it back up to 10.

but even if I am the lucky one that gets that slot I would be booted first anyways because all the gyms are also 1900+ @_@

Flo_Evans

they likely are, and should be.

either way... the update is completely and utterly useless to me.

I likely will never care enough to level up a gym again since basically every god damn gym in a 5 mile radius is a level 10 blue gym now and has been for the last month :/

when someone gets boarded and drops the gym level 1 it will just make it easier for someone to bring it back up to 10.

but even if I am the lucky one that gets that slot I would be booted first anyways because all the gyms are also 1900+ @_@

I actually enjoyed training how it is. It's really the only "actual game" of the game, trying to maximize prestige by finding the right attacker.

I still havent found an actual viable bubble team. Most people just use magickarp to power level gyms, and you can't really do that without using potions/revives.

Instead of trashing the whole system they could of just adjusted that move.

rc213

Damn you Niantic! Why must you curse me with Pinsir for every other 10km egg!!! Have yet to get any with a great move set.

Memles

I've had my Dragonite in a gym for about a month at this point, which ended up being long enough for me to get enough to evolve a second one.

And of course, my Dragonite with an Attacking Moveset is stuck in a gym whereas I've been gifted a Steel Wing/Dragon Claw. The GoGods giveth, the GoGods taketh away.

Game also ate a 2km egg on me today.

zulux21

I actually enjoyed training how it is. It's really the only "actual game" of the game, trying to maximize prestige by finding the right attacker.

I still havent found an actual viable bubble team. Most people just use magickarp to power level gyms, and you can't really do that without using potions/revives.

they could...
but again.. .it's not like it matters to me.
the only possible way I can get in a gym is if I bring along a friend that isn't blue that is willing to attack a gym to drop it down so I can build it up to put something in that will be on the bottom because I can't get anything good so even my max level stuff is at like 1750 at level 23 while everyone else has 1900+ in the gyms so I am always on bottom :p

Memles

I think this is the challenge—they're removing the element of the game that's most "game-y," in an effort to expand the number of players who are able to compete in gyms. On the level of the game's longevity, I think it's smart, and allows players who start playing or who are at lower levels to have a chance to earn coins. That's a good adjustment and keeps from discouraging late adopters from staying with the game. But, it does take some of the challenge out of the process, and so they'll need to offer something more game-like in order to appeal to the existing Gym Battlers.

hirokazu

Level 33 players aren't necessarily hackers. What evidence do you have that they hacked or did anything more than use scanners?

zulux21

don't you have like a car or public transportation?

I do, but I am not going to drive around to play pokemon go. I use it for exercise and thus I am just going to walk around my own town.

to be fair public transpiration in my town is horrid though.
only two buses out early morning, and two into to town late evening, if use that I have to plan on like a 10 hour trip which if I miss the bus back I have to call a cab or a friend :p

Firemind

I do, but I am not going to drive around to play pokemon go. I use it for exercise and thus I am just going to walk around my own town.

to be fair public transpiration in my town is horrid though.
only two buses out early morning, and two into to town late evening, if use that I have to plan on like a 10 hour trip which if I miss the bus back I have to call a cab or a friend :p
no wonder anime is doled out in your spare time :p

I'm not sure if it's just bad luck but I feel like 2k eggs are a lot more frequent, like the last 15 eggs I have collected (all today) have been 2k. I've never had that many consecutive in a row before without at least a 5.

I've sort of come to peace with the Gym decision.

As it is, newbies really can't benefit from the Gyms...at all. I mean, the only ones who benefit are those that have played so long as so much to actually have Pokemon good enough to knock out fellow gyms or battle through tough well-established gyms.

Plus, those that have the higher ones will still obtain the higher rankings in said gyms, just they'll be easier to knock out now.

So for those in far away gyms, or places that were well fortified, well, I suppose you'll have to do more than just sit around and collect coins everyday. :p

GulAtiCa

As it is, I'd like for a easier way to take down gyms. Would help encourage people to take on level 9 & 10 gyms so that they don't last for months and would bring some life back to some of these gyms.

Awayze

Neo Member
Losing Fast Poke Map is hardly a issue, even if you do see something like a Lapras on the other side of town or like 1000m away, are people actually going to rush to get it? PokeNearby and Pokemesh are still good enough to see nearby or scan anywhere you want.

People should be grateful to actually have nests, the only nest I've seen is Clefairy and even then it's at a industrial park where I work and non workers can't access it and no one plays the game. Decent Pokemon spawn there aswell yet no one plays but where some people still do play and use lures, you get trash all day like at my university.

Joco

Finally got Kabutops thanks to the newest nest migration. Debating on going back to try to get more because of how rare they are around here.

As it is, I'd like for a easier way to take down gyms. Would help encourage people to take on level 9 & 10 gyms so that they don't last for months and would bring some life back to some of these gyms.

Yeah, these suck for everyone, even if you're on the same team, since they you can't even knock others out. lol

Finally got Kabutops thanks to the newest nest migration. Debating on going back to try to get more because of how rare they are around here.

Ugh, don't even have a Kabuto. Those two may be the last I get.

On the one hand, the training update sounds like an interesting way to change gyms, and as someone who's been really frustrated before trying to level up a friendly gym, it's also welcome.

On the other hand, this seems to make the current situation in a lot of places, where teams own level 10 gyms for days/weeks, that much worse. Increasingly it feels like the only way to do gyms if you're in one of those areas is to roll with a crew, and if you don't have one, forget it.

deanote666

Losing Fast Poke Map is hardly a issue, even if you do see something like a Lapras on the other side of town or like 1000m away, are people actually going to rush to get it?

Yes. Yes I do. I've gotten a snorlax, enough ryhorn for my rhydon, enough pikachu for my raichu, my first tangela ever, enough bulbasaur for my first venusaur, squirtle, abra, grimer, shelder, etc.

Fast poke map is how I discovered the bulbasaur nest a few towns over and how it changed into a shelder nest. It's also how I discovered a charmander nest and omanyte nest in that same town. The omanyte nest is in a country club, however... My town doesn't have nests.

People should be grateful to actually have nests, the only nest I've seen is Clefairy and even then it's at a industrial park where I work and non workers can't access it and no one plays the game. Decent Pokemon spawn there aswell yet no one plays but where some people still do play and use lures, you get trash all day like at my university.

Stuff like that is just too bad, it's literally a waste. Nests should move around far, far more often. They've missed a lot of oportunities.

So, a team Mystic player on Facebook showed a screenshot of him claiming 30 Gyms. He is really proud of himself! I guess he's a legit player, but I personally hate this guy. I've seen him in tons of level 10 Blue Gyms across this town. It's players like this that make it hard for everyone. If some of you guys play like this, then try to make me understand.

Is ten really not enough for some people? You just have to have everything? It's just a game, but it is still annoying. There are probably less than 10 Yellow gyms total, but I'm honestly OK with what I have. I have 4210 Coins, so I can manage.

High level players are also the ones who are buying Coins anyway, so what's the point?

GulAtiCa

That's why I want it easier for rival teams to take down gyms. Too many gyms I'd like to be apart of, but can't. I miss the early days when gyms were fluid.

deanote666

So, a team Mystic player on Facebook showed a screenshot of him claiming 30 Gyms. He is really proud of himself! I guess he's a legit player, but I personally hate this guy. I've seen him in tons of level 10 Blue Gyms across this town. It's players like this that make it hard for everyone. If some of you guys play like this, then try to make me understand.

Is ten really not enough for some people? You just have to have everything? It's just a game, but it is still annoying. There are probably less than 10 Yellow gyms total, but I'm honestly OK with what I have. I have 4210 Coins, so I can manage.

High level players are also the ones who are buying Coins anyway, so what's the point?

I only know of 9 gyms in my town. Only 4 are close together. I'm VERY lucky if I can hold the 4 gyms long enough to collect. I'm a solo player fighting spoofers so that doesn't help

JavyOO7

I think up next for gym battling is not having CP be the end all be all when it comes to placing Pokemon in gyms, and tinkering with the formula on how strong Pokemon are so more are viable instead of just about five of them.

edit - And oh goodness, have a timer where nobody snipes the gym I'm trying to take over. Give me 180 seconds at least? "JavyOO7 has beat the prior gym leader, so he has 180 seconds and counting to place his Pokemon. Please wait."

edit - And oh goodness, have a timer where nobody snipes the gym I'm trying to take over. Give me 180 seconds at least? "JavyOO7 has beat the prior gym leader, so he has 180 seconds and counting to place his Pokemon. Please wait."

Nah man, that makes far too much sense for them to actually do it. :)

Top Bottom