• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Yes!! Broke my record of gyms collected. 30!

DtMJZx0.jpg

MBlkjlg.jpg

Q0rgDnj.jpg

e8AdWCC.jpg

Omg are you kidding me delete your twitter

AdanVC

Looks at those 3000 CP Dragonites...

Yeah if you hatched a Hitmonchan immediately after finding one in the wild, it is coincidental.

Someone checked the packets of code and found that the ID and CP of Pokemon in eggs are fixed from the moment they are collected from a Pokestop, and remain unchanged after hatching. The CP depends on the Pokemon itself - a level 20 Hitmonchan can never have the same CP as a level 20 Snorlax.

Ohhh so that settles it. Good to have a confirmation with this because I was thinking on going to the biggest lake of the city to catch several water type pokemon just to see if somehow I hatch a Lapras from the current 10 km egg I have, lmao. Just a matter of luck then.

Do you guys think that we'll ever be able to trade Pokemon? And if so, only locally or globally?

I don't want to store all those Mr. Mimes anymore and am thinking about getting rid of some.

I think this is one of those things were they just haven't decided on it yet. There's pros and cons for each, but I think one of the biggest things leaning for Global Trading is the region exclusive Pokemon. Surely it'd be near impossible to complete your dex...not everyone has the ability to travel overseas, and even if they do, they can't get an insane amount of that region's Pokemon to take back with them. Personally speaking, I think local trading will continue to capture what they're kind of going for with Go which is this local get together kind of thing that made the game so popular in the first place.

I think Global seems like the best option, but I kind of wonder how they'll implement it. In addition to trading, it'd be nice to also have some of Egg exchange thing too where you can swap your eggs with someone else

So after a few days away from this game due to the hurricane, I come back to discover the scanners are down and out :(

If these are gone for good, my playtime will drop significantly. Will probably just hatch eggs and maintain gyms because I don't have the patience to hunt mons with the current game's state. It's time to bring that SF tracking system to everyone Niantic, you've had plenty of time to test it.

Hylian7

So I have been playing fine on my rooted Nexus 5X using Magisk, then suddenly the other day it stopped logging in. I log in with my Google account or a trainer club account. I tried removing the Google account and re-adding it, uninstalling and reinstalling, all to no avail. I think it is possible I was somehow banned in error. I definitely did nothing violating the ToS, and I have never used anything to cheat. I used the appeal form anyway, hoping to hear something.

BowieZ

Banned
Someone just gave me their POGO Plus because they're over it.

Yes!!

I love this game becoming less popular lol.

He was Valor too :)

Joni

So I have been playing fine on my rooted Nexus 5X using Magisk, then suddenly the other day it stopped logging in. I log in with my Google account or a trainer club account. I tried removing the Google account and re-adding it, uninstalling and reinstalling, all to no avail. I think it is possible I was somehow banned in error. I definitely did nothing violating the ToS, and I have never used anything to cheat. I used the appeal form anyway, hoping to hear something.
Maybe they just got better at detecting rooted phones.

I will be in Hong Kong for a few days, does anyone know a reliable place to catch Farfetch'd? I was there a week ago and only saw shadows, one of which was near Victoria Park. I will be staying in that area this time so hopefully I'll find one again.

Yrael

Wahey, I hatched another Snorlax!! Lick and Hyper Beam, 89%-91% perfect. I've got four Snorlaxes now, all with high CPs - very happy!

I will be in Hong Kong for a few days, does anyone know a reliable place to catch Farfetch'd? I was there a week ago and only saw shadows, one of which was near Victoria Park. I will be staying in that area this time so hopefully I'll find one again.

I looked online for tips...it seems that Signal Hill Garden in Tsim Sha Tsui might be worth checking out. The spawns have changed around quite a bit in the past few weeks though, so I don't know how reliable the old tips are.

Good if they finally stopped all 3rd party trackers so now we all can play without cheats.

Or more like not play at all. The elimination of trackers (even if only temporary, as FastPokeMap is indicating) has unfortunately killed this game for many people. I went to a popular Pokemon Go spot yesterday; usually it is filled with groups of people playing the game, but there was hardly anyone there playing it this time. The few people I did see playing it were grumbling about "no more maps." One parent with a small daughter actually came up to me when she saw I had the Pokemon Go app open and asked if I knew of any more working maps.

Virtually everyone dedicated to playing the game on more than just a casual basis used them. I used to see not only friends teaming up together, but parents playing it with their children (like the aforementioned mum and daughter) and couples playing together (including couples in their 60s and 70s). When a rare Pokemon appeared, there would be a huge group of people all rushing at once to catch it, and we would celebrate or commiserate if it ran away/had a low CP/etc. Now when a rare Pokemon appears, only one or two lucky people who happen to be in the spawn radius will get it (possibly, depending on whether they can triangulate it before it despawns. The current method - walking until it disappears, then walking back again until it reappears then disappears, then walking to the midpoint and striking out 90 degrees in one direction, then the other direction - is hardly ideal), and there's no-one around to celebrate with.

There are several stories on Reddit backing this up - the rush to get to a Pokemon on a map added a very big social element to the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56beb5/new_update_has_killed_pokemon_in_dc_lbj_without/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56h6r8/why_is_niantic_trying_to_prohibit_the_use_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56iqk5/from_addict_to_never_playing/d8jkzqw

Now, I understand that trackers will always be cracked down on because they rely on hundreds of bots to function - taking down scanners is thus an inevitable side-effect of targeting bots and patching backdoor access to the API. The ideal solution to this (rather than the ongoing cat-and-mouse game in which Niantic adds another layer of security and mapmakers like FastPokeMap.se promptly break it) is for Niantic to either deploy a better map and tracker themselves so people don't resort to the bot scanners, or to release some official APIs for developers who want to interact with the game. I'd like to see Niantic implement something similar to their original vision as shown in the Pokemon Go trailer:

iuQSyIi.jpg

I don't know how likely this is to ever occur when the San Francisco test tracker still has not been rolled out to the rest of the world.

cHinzo

Without the tracking Pokemon Go turns into an egg hatching simulator for me. Gonna put the game on a hold until they crack the code.

JavyOO7

Stuff like FPM will exist forever because now people have a baseline to go from... I don't think once they see the beauty of larger scan radiuses from these scanners that they'll go back to the next iteration of the tracker from Niantic which will probably have a scan radius of 200m. Its just too good and too convenient.

I don't doubt a new/better way of tracking is coming from Niantic but their first priority as they have said is to bring their game to other countries that don't have it yet. Once they do... then I think they will fast track that and other features that people want.

In the meantime, the 'sightings' works out for me pretty good. I miss some Pokemon which does suck, but ever since that change in my apartment complex where there are more spawns (my 'sightings' went from 1-3 Pokemon to 9), I've been having a literal feast. I know where all the spawn points are so if I can't find that stupid Squirtle by the 8th building, then he's probably by the roundabout near the office.

r7hoy2Dl.png

seKarfkl.png

And before that image, I had caught an eggxecute and Kingler.

WPS

There's a park 30 minutes cycle away that's recently turned into a charmander nest. I could only find three before it got dark, but its very promising. I'll have to visit a few more times, maybe after work.

I also found a commonly low level Nidoking, just outside of my house.

But on the other hand I hatched a rattata.

Firemind

Looking at Steelix's base stats, I'm going to say no.

Scizor doe. 130 base attack. Steel typing. Save your fire types.

Also save your fighting types. Tyranitar is going to be a beast. 100/134/110/95/100/61

GulAtiCa

I really wish they redo the CP calculation. Add extra stat that is unique to each Pokemon to balance them all out (for most part)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Was able to finally evolve Nidorina. Poison Jab/Stone Edge. Not ideal but worth keeping I think?

Hatched a bunch of 5k eggs and had some trash, but lucked out with a 87% Exeggcute. At 42 candies now, so with walking Exeggcutor is finally within reach.

AdanVC

Wahey, I hatched another Snorlax!! Lick and Hyper Beam, 89%-91% perfect. I've got four Snorlaxes now, all with high CPs - very happy!

I looked online for tips...it seems that Signal Hill Garden in Tsim Sha Tsui might be worth checking out. The spawns have changed around quite a bit in the past few weeks though, so I don't know how reliable the old tips are.

Or more like not play at all. The elimination of trackers (even if only temporary, as FastPokeMap is indicating) has unfortunately killed this game for many people. I went to a popular Pokemon Go spot yesterday; usually it is filled with groups of people playing the game, but there was hardly anyone there playing it this time. The few people I did see playing it were grumbling about "no more maps." One parent with a small daughter actually came up to me when she saw I had the Pokemon Go app open and asked if I knew of any more working maps.

Virtually everyone dedicated to playing the game on more than just a casual basis used them. I used to see not only friends teaming up together, but parents playing it with their children (like the aforementioned mum and daughter) and couples playing together (including couples in their 60s and 70s). When a rare Pokemon appeared, there would be a huge group of people all rushing at once to catch it, and we would celebrate or commiserate if it ran away/had a low CP/etc. Now when a rare Pokemon appears, only one or two lucky people who happen to be in the spawn radius will get it (possibly, depending on whether they can triangulate it before it despawns. The current method - walking until it disappears, then walking back again until it reappears then disappears, then walking to the midpoint and striking out 90 degrees in one direction, then the other direction - is hardly ideal), and there's no-one around to celebrate with.

There are several stories on Reddit backing this up - the rush to get to a Pokemon on a map added a very big social element to the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56beb5/new_update_has_killed_pokemon_in_dc_lbj_without/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56h6r8/why_is_niantic_trying_to_prohibit_the_use_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56iqk5/from_addict_to_never_playing/d8jkzqw

Now, I understand that trackers will always be cracked down on because they rely on hundreds of bots to function - taking down scanners is thus an inevitable side-effect of targeting bots and patching backdoor access to the API. The ideal solution to this (rather than the ongoing cat-and-mouse game in which Niantic adds another layer of security and mapmakers like FastPokeMap.se promptly break it) is for Niantic to either deploy a better map and tracker themselves so people don't resort to the bot scanners, or to release some official APIs for developers who want to interact with the game. I'd like to see Niantic implement something similar to their original vision as shown in the Pokemon Go trailer:

iuQSyIi.jpg

I don't know how likely this is to ever occur when the San Francisco test tracker still has not been rolled out to the rest of the world.

This. I simply don't understand why Niantic didn't implemented the tracker shown on the original trailer since day 1. Who at Niantic/Pokémon Company/Nintendo thought it'll be a good idea to ditch that tracking method and add the super awful 3 step tracking method when the game launched? Who thought it'll be fun to walk while triangulating from one street to another without having clue where the pokemon you're looking for is, while also getting anxius and getting weird looks from people who think you're a creep. Why is so difficult for Niantic to add a tracker in-game that shows you the exact location of the pokemon so you can just go exactly there, catch it, and move on?

Just this friday for example I miraculously managed to find a wild Hitmonchan without the help of trackers, but I was so anxious while looking for him, I was traingulating from one street to another and I simply wasn't having fun at all since I was worried his time spawn will finish. It felt more like a chore to find it that way TBH. And when he finally appeared I felt somehow relieved but still pissed that I wasted almost 12 minutes looking for him since his silhouette appeared on the sightings list till the moment he actually appeared. Stop wasting people's time that way and just add a proper tracker, Niantic!

Dedede

Neo Member
Evolve to Wartortle, get Water Gun/Hydro Pump.

Evolve to Blastoise, get Bite/Ice Beam.

RNGESUS PLS

This is exactly what I'm afraid of, heh. My Wartortle got that moveset and I'm not evolving him since he's quite useful as a prestiger. Cheaper potion-wise than an equivalent Vaporeon. (The next one I get I'll evolve to Blastoise for completion)

Speaking of prestiging, Niantic seems to be rolling out a change to the mechanics: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...w_gym_prestige_calculations_already_in_place/

I felt proud because I've managed to capture 15 gyms at a time. I am now humbled.

I used to play the game walking, but now I'm biking quite a bit. Getting eggs hatched like crazy, but have zero control over which pokemon I can end up chasing. Niantic needs to get their shit together and add a functioning tracker, even if its a different app.

Can anyone tell me how lure modules interact with nests?
They don't.

AdanVC

You saw it in a gym. You've seen it. That's how it has always worked in the games and in the show. Plus, it just makes sense :|

Yet it took them 4 months to include it into this game. At this rate they're probably gonna launch trading and battling with friends till 2019...

Top Bottom