• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Evolve to Wartortle, get Water Gun/Hydro Pump.

Evolve to Blastoise, get Bite/Ice Beam.

RNGESUS PLS

I had 270 Squirtle Candy before I evolved my Blastoises. My first one got Bite/Ice Beam, and the second one got Water Gun/Hydro Pump! Water Gun/Hydro Pump Blastoise is damn good! Mine is at 1813 CP.

Anyway, I didn't post in this thread for while because I was incredibly salty on Saturday. I basically encountered a number of crushing upsets from the RNG. I got five 10km eggs across two days, and the hatches were just brutal. 2 Eevees, 1 Hitmonlee, and 2 Scythers. To make it even worse, both Scythers had Night Slash! At least my second Hitmonlee had good moves this time.

I got two more wild Lapras...with 1089 and 39 CP for them. Really disappointed that they were even weaker than my first Lapras (which was only 1108 CP).

Pokedex: 132 Caught, so I need 10 more

Venusaur (43 Bulbasaur Candy)
Charmeleon
Charizard (71 Charmander Candy, 28 from walking)
Machamp (70 Machop Candy)
Marowak (21 Cubone Candy)
Hitmonchan
Omastar (42 Omanyte Candy)
Kabutops (48 Kabuto Candy)
Aerodactyl
Dragonite (66 Dratini Candy)

This game is not very playable without the tracker, but I thankfully have a Machop nest and I found a spot for Cubone. I can get those evolutions before the next spawn change, but others will be very hard without moving to another location. I'm 120,000 experience away from level 30, so I'll obviously play until I hit it.

The easiest way to complete the Pokedex at this point is to check the Silph Road Nest Atlas. The biggest city in my state has nests for both Charmander and Bulbasaur (plus obvious rare spawns). So I can either continue to buy more coins or I just make a trip up there.

Azole

Neo Member
Caught a Snorlax with my goPlus... 1945 cp with Zen headbutt and hyperbeam but 46.7% IV...

I saw a 2400, 2000, 1800 cp snorlax in the wild before getting the goPlus and all have ran away (sadly) after berried and ultra ball and here I am catching one with a goPlus... Lol

Since when does the Pokedex show Pokemon which I saw in a gym?

I thought it only showed Pokemon I saw in the wild but didnt caught...

Unless somehow I saw a Exxe-guy(dont know the english name) Dragonite and a damn Gyrados and Arkaine....

I'm at 117/123 and I think Saturday I was at 117/120...

Joni

Since when does the Pokedex show Pokemon which I saw in a gym?

I thought it only showed Pokemon I saw in the wild but didnt caught...

Unless somehow I saw a Exxe-guy(dont know the english name) Dragonite and a damn Gyrados and Arkaine....

I'm at 117/123 and I think Saturday I was at 117/120...

That is an interesting update. It will help determine which ones I'm missing more easily.

The Drowzee plague is getting worse and worse every day

CubxWD7XYAAf1XN.jpg:large

And I got my 6th Pokemon with >2000CP

8bit

Knows the Score
Hatched a Pidgey from a 10k egg this morning.

Only really missing Lapras & Pinsir now (other than Ditto, regionals & birds), the rest I can evolve from candy grinding (although Omanyte is going to take some effort, currently at 3 candy there).

Hatched a Pidgey from a 10k egg this morning.

Only really missing Lapras & Pinsir now (other than Ditto, regionals & birds), the rest I can evolve from candy grinding (although Omanyte is going to take some effort, currently at 3 candy there).
Pidgey from a 10km egg, you sure about that?

pringles

Update being rolled out.. time to wait a week or so before it hits iOS I guess. Can't wait for the gym training improvements. Being able to potentially add 6k+ prestige to a lvl6 gym in a single run..
https://youtu.be/Ig_jHL18NWs

Watch that. I cant believe how badly their formula shafts specialized attackers. His proposition is so simple and makes so much more sense.
Yeah they definitely should make some balancing changes like that. Would be nice to see a greater variety in the pokemon defending gyms.

Without the tracking Pokemon Go turns into an egg hatching simulator for me. Gonna put the game on a hold until they crack the code.
I still don't understand how so many people can feel this way. Since they fixed the in-game tracking I haven't outside any outside trackers and both me and the gf filled the pokedex a while ago. Small-town, no benefit of constant lures or nests or hotspots.. can probably count on one hand the times something truly rare has shown up and we've been unable to track it down.

The Drowzee plague is getting worse and worse every day

this is how I feel about all the dogs, snakes, mushroom lobsters, and Geodudes plaguing the streets of LA. I don't mind birds and rats cause that's typical city fare, but why can't some of the houses be haunted with ghosts, or city dump have poison slime guys, or lighthouses have dragons that bring boats to damn lighthouses!! I'm OK with snorlax spawning in the complete random places that he does spawn, it makes it kind of funny.

Screenshot_20161011_021950.png

I feel like a proud papa to LuchaLibre, I raised him from a lowly 1800 cp to the beast that he is, lick/hyperbeam moveset with high iv.

7 left now:

Bulbasaur (36 candies needed)
Charizard (48 candies needed)
Dragonite (89 candies needed)
Lickitung
Chansey
Hitmonchan
Lapras

The last 4 I have never seen once outside of gyms.

jts

...hate me...
Just to confirm, this is not the Apple Watch update yet right? Because if it's not I will still not bother going back to the game for now.

Firemind

Patch notes:

Pokémon GO updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
  • Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
  • Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
  • Fixed several audio issues.
  • Decreased the evolution animation time.
  • Minor fixes

oti

Banned

oti

Banned
Nice. Any info on how many evolutions you can now do with one lucky egg?

I just tried to evolve two Pokémon side by side on my android with the update and a friend's iPhone without it.

lol

All they did is to remove the victory fanfare at the end of the animation. We're talking like maybe 2 seconds saved here. Maybe 3.

I just tried to evolve two Pokémon side by side on my android with the update and a friend's iPhone without it.

lol

All they did is to remove the victory fanfare at the end of the animation. We're talking like maybe 2 seconds saved here. Maybe 3.

lol

Well that at least gives you another 3min maybe. Man they really need to cut a lot of animations, especially while catching.

Fuck I was so excited to put in my 10km egg but instead I took the wrong one (5km).
Also only 5km to go until I can evolve my Graveler

Vipu

Banned
Installed new update, there is lots of small little fixes.
Like when you look at gym "victories" text is moved to middle so you can see it actually and "gym is too far" is also smaller and in middle.
Eggs have simpler numbers and colored first number.

Also when you are in that catching pokemon screen you can see what medals you have to have better chance to catch them.

GulAtiCa

One new thing for the patch is that for Pokemon Go: You can now choose on if you want to receive alerts/etc for Pokemon and Pokestops individually. For example, I turned off Pokemon, so my Go + will now only alert me of Pokestops. Very useful.

Also, After manually clicking on a Pokemon, the Go + no longer disconnects. Might be cause I disabled alerts for Pokemon, but maybe global now.

8bit

Knows the Score
I notice that the red dot that appeared above a pokestop when you work it with go plus has been replaced with an icon of the go plus instead.

GulAtiCa

I now just need 4 more Dratinis to get my 2nd Dragonite. Thanks to the new update, I have a +2 catch bonus for Dragon Pokemon. Also got a +2 for Fire, +3 for Water & Grass. Getting those starter Pokemon going to be a bit better.

Also, thanks to The Silph Road (https://thesilphroad.com/atlas) I found a Kabutu nest near me at work! Will try to go soon.

deanote666

Went to a charmander nest yesterday. Caught 13. It was located in a parking lot which lead to a pack of cars circling the parking lot. lol.

I might actually get a charizard by 2017!

I now just need 4 more Dratinis to get my 2nd Dragonite. Thanks to the new update, I have a +2 catch bonus for Dragon Pokemon. Also got a +2 for Fire, +3 for Water & Grass. Getting those starter Pokemon going to be a bit better.

Also, thanks to The Silph Road (https://thesilphroad.com/atlas) I found a Kabutu nest near me at work! Will try to go soon.

That's a neat tool.

And depressing to see the stark difference between urban and suburban.

deanote666

The real question is what scale the +1, +2, +3 is on? How much does it really increase the catch rate? I know it's better than a 0 increase but I wanna know if I should expect to still need 5 regular balls to catch under 100CP weedle, rattata, pidgy.

Got my first egg Dratini yesterday. 100% IV! Only came with 16 candy though...

GulAtiCa

That's a neat tool.

And depressing to see the stark difference between urban and suburban.

It is! Also, keep in mind it's based on what people report. So there could easily be nests out there not on there cause no one reported it.

The real question is what scale the +1, +2, +3 is on? How much does it really increase the catch rate? I know it's better than a 0 increase but I wanna know if I should expect to still need 5 regular balls to catch under 100CP weedle, rattata, pidgy.

Wondering that too. And I'm guessing the 2-type Pokemon can get a bonus of +6. For those, I've seen 2 icons above the Pokemon when I encounter them.

So far, I am noticing it's a little easier to catch Pokemon now. Random Weedle & Sparrow were easy to catch.

sorry folks, just came here to report that another one bites the dust. After New York Comic Con I decided to quit Pokemon Go. Before then I became bored with the game and was expecting all the walking and potential different mons being in a different city, but they were all the same for me and even though I hatched many eggs, it wasn't enough. I'm still in 2 gyms somewhere so I'll continue cashing them out everyday until I'm eventually kicked out of them. I have a 10k egg I'm curious to hatch (fingers crossed for Snorlax or Lapras) but after it hatches and I'm out of those 2 gyms, I won't be playing anymore. If I remember I'll check it out when I'm traveling but as for regular playing, I'm out.

Firemind

I wish I had your luck. The only perfect Pokémon I have are two Parasect. :lol

AdanVC

sorry folks, just came here to report that another one bites the dust. After New York Comic Con I decided to quit Pokemon Go. Before then I became bored with the game and was expecting all the walking and potential different mons being in a different city, but they were all the same for me and even though I hatched many eggs, it wasn't enough. I'm still in 2 gyms somewhere so I'll continue cashing them out everyday until I'm eventually kicked out of them. I have a 10k egg I'm curious to hatch (fingers crossed for Snorlax or Lapras) but after it hatches and I'm out of those 2 gyms, I won't be playing anymore. If I remember I'll check it out when I'm traveling but as for regular playing, I'm out.

I'm about to do the same TBH. Just casually continue playing to register the steps and hatch eggs but every now and then. Niantic added lot's of new spawn points a few weeks ago but it's useless if that only means more ratatas and pidgeys. I honestly don't see any difference with the new spawn points added. Maybe just a couple of extra pidgey here and there but no rare pokemon at all. Not at least where I live. Overall, there's not a single difference on my city with the new spawn points, I continue to see the same trashy pokemon everyday and I'm beyond tired of it : / Plus, now that Niantic has blocked 3rd Party trackers again makes things even worse and boring.

I'm still kinda optimistic with this game, once the 2nd gen drops and all of that.

I am at around 126 I think in the Pokedex which is probably me more or less done, I can walk a few more to their final evolutions but Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey and Aerodactyl I've never even seen on my radar let alone encountered one so I can't see myself ever completing the dex without a tracker.

Hylian7

I'm done with the game until they hopefully decide to allow rooted phones again. The Magisk workaround no longer works.

Niantic has really disappointed me with alienating so many legitimate customers. I'm not going to unroot my phone.

deanote666

I am at around 126 I think in the Pokedex which is probably me more or less done, I can walk a few more to their final evolutions but Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey and Aerodactyl I've never even seen on my radar let alone encountered one so I can't see myself ever completing the dex without a tracker.

I'm at 126 as well. I'm thinking I will only get a chancy and aerodactyl from eggs. Got 6 5k eggs about to hatch, hoping for a porygon...

Falawful

Man, that catch rate bonus is either doing serious work, or I've been lucky all day so far. Every single mon where I've had a +2 or higher didn't put up a struggle at all.

Also, seems most of the lag and stutter from loading gyms when you first click them has disappeared. Small QoL improvement but it always was a bit irritating.

cHinzo

Aww yiss. My neighbourhood is all filled with lvl 8-10 Mystic gyms (I'm Valor sadly), but found some gyms in a remote part of the tower with some lvl 8 Valor gyms. I hope nobody is gonna take them over in a long time. 😁 Can finally cash in some coins again.

Top Bottom