• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Nest spawns are definitely affected. The eggsecutor nest hasn't spawned a single one since this event. In general it's hard to find none halloween specific pokemon right now. Haven't seen a pidgey today I think.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Opened the game on my way to work after almost one month of not playing it. I want to make use of the buddy bonus to get my Slowbro, even after I dropped the game I still felt like I left that incomplete since I needed so few candy to evolve it.

I kind of want to get sucked back into the game, but I don't see that happening for real before there's proper tracking. I'll start opening it again while in the car sometimes though. Don't have much of an interest in the event beyond the walking buddy bonus, but it was amusing seeing so many Ghastlies. Would be nice if I could get a Drowzee, but I won't count on it appearing.

GulAtiCa

Nest spawns are definitely affected. The eggsecutor nest hasn't spawned a single one since this event. In general it's hard to find none halloween specific pokemon right now. Haven't seen a pidgey today I think.

Are you sure it's still an exeggute nest? There was a nest change about 2 weeks ago.

Though, I've only been hanging around 1 nest area since the event, and went there to my Growlithe nest again this morning and caught a few more.

Azole

Neo Member
I kind of want to get sucked back into the game, but I don't see that happening for real before there's proper tracking. I'll start opening it again while in the car sometimes though. Don't have much of an interest in the event beyond the walking buddy bonus, but it was amusing seeing so many Ghastlies. Would be nice if I could get a Drowzee, but I won't count on it appearing.

Not sure what you meant by "while in the car" but sightings has been disabled if driving over 29mph. Drowzees and hypnos spawns are common for the event. You should get a few per day granted you are walking for your buddy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not sure what you meant by "while in the car" but sightings has been disabled if driving over 29mph. Drowzees and hypnos spawns are common for the event. You should get a few per day granted you are walking for your buddy.
Welp, guess I'm not opening it in the car then lol.

Only saw Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar and Cubone. One or two Meowth too on Sighitings, and Golbat is normal where I live. Just being a bit of a pessimist and not expecting to find any of the Pokemons I still don't have, which from the event mons means Drowzee and Hypno. It will be nice if I can find it though, glad to hear it's normal and I hope there are any in my area.

deanote666

Same the worst is when I spend time unlocking all of these slots for fellow members to join and then an opposing team member comes and kicks me out before anyone shows.

They didn't even wait for me to leave the last time I did it... I could hear their music thumping from their car nearby... At least there was someone physically there...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I vote for this event to go on forever: just got an Abra out of a 5km egg that gave me 40+ candies, immediately had enough for Alakazam. Got a Squirtle out of an egg today too, bringing me closer to Blastoise. I'll keep saving to evolve my 98% Squirtle though
only for it to have a shit moveset

Joco

I was excited for double candy but now I all I see are Meowth, Drowzee, Gastly, Cubone, Zubat, and the typical Pidgey and Rattatta crap. Ugh.

Dishwalla

Banned
It's only a week guys. Niantic does something cool for once and everyone has to complain. For one thing I've seen more people out playing this since late August or early September. This event definitely brought some people back.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's only a week guys. Niantic does something cool for once and everyone has to complain. For one thing I've seen more people out playing this since late August or early September. This event definitely brought some people back.

Went for a walk during lunch break and I saw lures active again, for the first time since this summer.

Joni

Las Vegas was great. No Tauros but Gengar, Arcanine, Sandslash, Chameleon. I didn't find the Tauros, Onix and Hitmonchan I saw on the nearby. But still a lot of progress despite working a lot.

AdanVC

It is going to suck to go back to the usual candy rewards once this event is over. Especially with the buddy distances. Currently walking with my Dratini and it's a joy to walk 1.25 km to get a candy instead of 5 damn km. Hope they do it again for Christmas.

Next update, I'd like to put Pokemon in folders. Or in the PC Boxes like in the game.

YES. And a damn search bar. It's a pain you have to scroll through the whole list to manually find certain Pokemon in it

just discovered a bulbasaur nest in a tiny park a very short distance from my house. park is probably a half square kilometer total adjacent to a school, so it's like a little hidden gem it's really nice.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So I finally have more than enough candy to get a Gyarados.

Should I use the extra candies to increase the CP of my Magikarp, or just evolve?

Definitely evolve first! If the Gyarados has a bad moveset, those candies will feel wasted anyway. You should always evolve first, there's no point in powering up your base Pokémon.

Pejo

Evolve it first. You need to know if your Gyarados is worth powering up with whatever moves it has.

By the way, what kind of moves are we looking for in an evolved pokemon? The large damage/single bar skills, or the small bar small damage skills? Or is there a list of particular skills that are just better (hydro pump, etc)?

jariw

600 Gastly candies and counting. Wonder if I can get to 1000 candies before Tuesday...

If Gastlys and their relatives are as easy to get by as they are here, it shouldn't be a problem. I have evolved more than 10 Gengars from scratch now since the event started, which would be around 1250+ candies.

My issue right now is that I'm running out of Pidgeys to evolve. I've got a lot of 2km Pidgey eggs, often with 21 candies. So now I have much more candies than I got actual Pidgeys.

By the way, what kind of moves are we looking for in an evolved pokemon? The large damage/single bar skills, or the small bar small damage skills? Or is there a list of particular skills that are just better (hydro pump, etc)?

Even though a lot of people focus solely on DPS, I do like having some quick attacks, and also if the pokemon is going to be a defender you may want to switch it up a bit. Also, depends on the focus you want to give to your pokemon, for example:

Gyarados has Bite as its quick attack, but can have three charge attacks: Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump and Twister. Twister is a godawful move however you look at it but Dragon Pulse is fine if you want your Gyarados to defend since it makes it harder to guess when he will unleash his Charge. Hydro Pump is great all around since it has STAB and everything.

Jolteon has Discharge, Thunderbolt and Thunder. Discharge is merely better than your quick attacks, but both it and Thunderbolt are faster than Thunder and thus you can throw it with a lot less risk to not being able to dodge your opponents charge. Even if Thunder has by far the most DPS, since it has such a long cooldown sometimes it's better to run with a Thunderbolt or Discharge, specially since Jolteon is basically made of paper maché and can easily be taken down by most charge attacks.

So yes, it depends on your playstile and what you intend to do with your pokemon. Still, there are bad movesets and bad pokemon. Seaking doesn't have a good moveset for whatever reason. Neither his quick attacks (Peck and Poison Jab) have good DPS, Poison Jab being its only good counter and among its charge attacks Icy Wind has awful DPS (not even worth using at all, not even against dragonites), and the other two seem straight up counters for Plants and Electrics: Drill Run and Megahorn. It's not worth having one at all. Maybe if its CPs where higher.

Flo_Evans

Large bar generally better for attack, small bar generally better for defense (less predictable).

Gyarados is a bad defender. It has high CP so its tempting to put in a top spot in the gym but don't do it. Hydro pump is his best charge move, thats what you want. Dragon breath is ok as a specialized dragonite slayer. I have a lapras with it and he just slays 2x CP dragonites for breakfast.

Flo_Evans

Lapras is straight up the best pokemon in the game IMHO. Awesome on defense and offense. Only real competition is snorelax.

I still really want a dragonite and a gyrados for completeness but for the effort they are really disappointing.

finally hatched a snorlax!! on a 2x candy event I got 38 candies

edit: and then I hatched an onix with 59 candies...why would I need 59 onix candies :/

Just had a look around all the Gyms near me are level 10 Mystic (my team)
I'm never getting any pokecoins from a gym ever again, am I? :/

Firemind

finally hatched a snorlax!! on a 2x candy event I got 38 candies

edit: and then I hatched an onix with 59 candies...why would I need 59 onix candies :/
steelix_by_ooisiusoo-d7zqne7.jpg

so I just hatched a snorlax...then I caught another one while walking around a nest for bulbasaur...that's my 2nd snorlax I caught in the wild this week. fatty just popped up on me lol

Got my 5th 10k egg of the event. Should be able to hatch it Sunday. If I get any more, not sure if I can hatch in time

I literally just keep getting 5km eggs. I don't even know what the colors are for 2km and 10km because before the update that changed the colors I had 9 5km eggs and every single time I hatch one it gets replaced with another.

Now, I wouldn't mind so much if one of these would hatch to be a freaking Seel or Grimer since I still don't have either... Or hell, Bellsprout, Oddish, Voltorb, or Magnemite so I can get their evolutions. But nope! Ekans it is!

Joco

The real trick to this event is to hatch eggs and walk buddies.

I'm aware. Unfortunately where I am the weather so far all week as been windy, rainy, and cold. I suppose I'll suck it up but in the future I hope Niantic does another event like this during the summer.

I ran out of Coins, so I got myself 3700 extra just to use for the last few days of this event. I'm camping for Bulbasaur tomorrow, and I will try to find a Dratini with good stats.

Aside from that, I'm going to be walking and hatching like crazy. I got Machamp for the Dex, but this one has a really bad moveset. Bullet Punch/Stone Edge is bad for both attacking and defending. Shame that his high CP is going to waste, but there are many other Pokemon to focus on.

From my 393rd egg, I hatched my first Lickitung. I had already caught three of them in the wild, but this hatch really caught me by surprise. Some Pokemon are just exceedingly rare to get from eggs.

Replicant

Certainly doable. I already have like 700 and I evolved 2 Gengars.

1289 candies after evolving one Gengar.

2 Gastly with good IVs and movesets (one attacker and defender), one defender Haunter with good IV, and 3 extra Gastly with good IVs.

I will give Niantic thanks where thanks are due. This event is it.

GulAtiCa

For the 1st time, I collected on 10 gyms last night. Felt good. Hopefully happen again when I cash in in like 3 hours. Being able to cash in 8 times in a week rocks.

Flo_Evans

For the 1st time, I collected on 10 gyms last night. Felt good. Hopefully happen again when I cash in in like 3 hours. Being able to cash in 8 times in a week rocks.

Feels good man.

I accidentally hit collect when I was down to 5... feels bad. :(

Awesome pumpkins! Might have to try and do one.

Top Bottom