• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I hatched my final 10k egg of the event. I hoped for a Kabuto, because I'd immediately get enough candies to evolve it. It nearly happened, because I got (my third) Omanyte.

Man I wish you could discard eggs, I only want to hatch 10ks anymore. Everything I still need is in there.

Apparently I'm confused about move sets. Is there a good current chart?

I evolved my first Venusaur and Charizard yesterday. I thought my Venusaur was pretty good but now I just saw people talking about razor leaf being good, while i have vine whip and thought it was best.

Venusaur:
Vine whip
Petal Blizzard

Charizard:
Ember
Dragon Claw

Do they suck?
I've got 500k dust and no great moveset pokes to spend it on! :p

Insaniac

I evolved my first Venusaur and Charizard yesterday. I thought my Venusaur was pretty good but now I just saw people talking about razor leaf being good, while i have vine whip and thought it was best.

Venusaur:
Vine whip
Petal Blizzard

Charizard:
Ember
Dragon Claw

Do they suck?

Your Venusaur has a good quick attack, it technically has more DPS than Razor Leaf and its faster attack time means you have a better chance to dodge. Petal Blizzard is technically the lowest DPS charge move, but it is grass type so its good against all the vaporeons, so I would still rate it better than sludge bomb (which technically has a slightly higher DPS), but solar beam is still king.

So its a mediocre attacker, but not a very good defender.

Your charizards moveset is the same as mine :( Both are the lowest DPS moves, so he is not a good attacker or defender, sorry

HiResDes

Venusaur:
Vine whip
Petal Blizzard

Charizard:
Ember
Dragon Claw

Do they suck?
https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/3

Second best attacking Venusaur moveset, same as mine, and it's great against water obviously.

Venusaur:
Vine whip
Petal Blizzard

Charizard:
Ember
Dragon Claw

Do they suck?

Venusaur looks to be good for offense. vine whip quick move is better than razor leaf on offense...solar beam would be preferred on offense but petal blizzard works well enough...

charizard is garbage, try again.

HiResDes

I don't know whether to put everything into my 13/15/15 Poliwrath with Bubble and Submission despite the chart, Submission seems garbage.

Venusaur looks to be good for offense. vine whip quick move is better than razor leaf on offense...solar beam would be preferred on offense but petal blizzard works well enough...

charizard is garbage, try again.

Thanks, guys!
If my venusaur couldn't be too much better, maybe I'll start leveling it up. Otherwise it might be quite some time before i get to evolve a second.

I guess I'll just neglect the 97iv charizard that came out garbage!

Joni

Hatched a Machop and a Nidoran today, will help greatly with the third evolution on those. Still should hatch a last 5 KM egg for today, has less than 100 m left on it.

Finally got one!
14264062_1358470120832161_4739746837618567656_n.jpg

deanote666

I hatched my final 10k egg of the event. I hoped for a Kabuto, because I'd immediately get enough candies to evolve it. It nearly happened, because I got (my third) Omanyte.

Man I wish you could discard eggs, I only want to hatch 10ks anymore. Everything I still need is in there.

In that big of a hurry for more eevee's, are ya?

I've hatched 3 eevees during this event....

From eggs, I still need a porygon, chancey, and aerodactyle...

After those 3 and 6 more evolutions, I'll have a complete NA pokedex.

I also hatched 3 evees during the event. And those were the first evee that I ever hatched. Feels bad. But I also hatched 1 omanyte so it's cool.
Also evolved my bulbasaur. Got 80 candy wirh the buddy system lol. Pokedex at 135 now.

I don't know whether to put everything into my 13/15/15 Poliwrath with Bubble and Submission despite the chart, Submission seems garbage.

bubble/submission is God tier in gyms if you want to actually strengthen a gym and not just be near the top. dodging bubble is a bit awkward and sometimes the AI does submission 3 times in a row with very little notice. it makes so the attacker would never be allowed a charge move without having to tank a lot of damage.

Thanks, guys!
If my venusaur couldn't be too much better, maybe I'll start leveling it up. Otherwise it might be quite some time before i get to evolve a second.

I guess I'll just neglect the 97iv charizard that came out garbage!

believe me, I know the pain

Screenshot_20161031_103346.png

this charizard is 100% iv but his moveset sucks... Ember is just a bad quick move. I'm not touching this guy, I have him for novelty at this point.

GulAtiCa

Found another Dratini at work. 3rd in this event. so I'm up to 163 Dratini candies so far. At the start, I started with 115 most likely, so I'm almost +50 Dratini candies.

Now I just need to find a good IV Dratini/Dragonair to evolve.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

To fill out my dex, luck with 10k's would help greatly. Blastoise, Machamp and Dodrio are walkable, and outside of those I'm missing Hitmonlee, Pinsir and Kabuto(ps). I just noticed Brussels has fixed Pinsir spawns and I forgot all about them when I went sunday. Nevertheless, that's the one I can still get easily.

My Eevee count is still at 2 actually. I've had some decent variety in my 10k eggs:

2EV56vK.png

but Hitmonlee and Kabuto are very welcome now! I keep getting Hitmonchan and Omanyte which is just trolling at this point :p

Memles

Three 10km eggs during the event. The results?

Onyx.
Onyx.
Jynx.

If not for the 5km Machop hatch, this would've been a rough day.

Red Fire

During the event i had 2 10km eggs.

First one hatched.. scyther. Hmm already hatched one a while ago but i guess getting candy for scizor later is not bad. Could be worse :)

Second egg.. cmon lapras or snorlax or dratini...
scyther :(

Joni

Another lucky egg hatch, Exegcute which put me at 49 candy. Luckily I had one to sacrifice so I got my first Exeggutor. Strange that it comes from Las Vegas as I could swear I got two 2 km eggs there. The Halloween event is great, helped me get nine new Pokemon so I hope it becomes like a monthly thing or even bi-weekly.

fisheyes

This event has pulled me back in.

Went from 11 Gastly candy to 143, got my first Haunter(s) and a Gengar.

Got enough Pikachu candy for my first Raichu.

And then, my long-time-coming 10km egg hatch. I don't have a Snorlax, and Lapras, a Chansey, an Aerodactyl, a Porygon, or, hell, I'm a few Omanyte candy off an Omastar, I can feel something new coming for my Pokedex. It's... a fucking Eevee.

This bloody game.

Memles

I hatched 3 10K eggs during this event, all were Evee's man, so I wouldn't complain.

I wish I got Eevees—at least they could in some circumstance be useful. What am I supposed to do with 64 Jynx candies? (Obviously, Eevees are also frustrating, but I think everyone's sense of frustration depends on what they have/need.)

Acerac

Banned
Huh. Tried playing the game for the first time in ages, I turned the game on and saw a Gengar as the second closest pokemon. I went to my nearest known spawn point, saw a haunter that wasn't on the tracker, ignored it. Saw a ghastly that wasn't on the tracker and I did the same thing. The gengar then left the tracker altogether.

I can't believe how broken this tracker still is. I stopped playing the game because this is so frustrating and my first experience coming back to the game is that it is still busted. I'm taken aback at how this game remains less functional for tracking pokemon than it was in the beta. -_-

It's cool if the gengar left after a certain amount of time, but the fact that the tracker wouldn't update to show me the closer pokemon is nonsense...

I've caught 139, and I haven't registered Dragonite yet. I have 143 Candy, but I just can't find a wild Dratini or Dragonair with strong IVs. I'll get him someday, but I will be disappointed if he doesn't have Dragon Breath. I want the offensive moveset, because I want it to tear down gyms instead of defending. I just use Water Pulse Vaporeon to hold most gyms, because I'm reluctant to lose other Pokemon.

I've hit a wall with Aerodactyl and Hitmonchan, and it is very intimidating. Because of this, I'm at a stopping point. I'll start during the next migration or so.

I just can't handle all these 10km Eevees. It's really demoralized me, and I'm going to put this game down for a while. Having my last two hatches as Eevee for this event just killed me, because I thought that maybe things would change. I played this game thinking that I would actually get all Pokemon, but I'm still far away because of this insane RNG.

Out of thirty-one 10km eggs: 13 Eevee, 4 Jynx, 4 Snorlax, 3 Scyther, 2 Hitmonlee, 1 Onix, 1 Chansey, 1 Electabuzz, 1 Magmar, 1 Omanyte

The variety is pretty bad. The event had a few good moments, because I did get some very valuable Pokemon for the Gym. All I'm really missing is a good Ice attacker, so I just want Lapras with Ice special or at least Dewgong with Blizzard. I have Blizzard Cloyster, but the stamina is very lacking.

I'm taking a long break from this, but I will be back.

Replicant

What am I going to do with:

2121 Gastly Candy
629 Drowzee Candy
673 Cubone Candy

??

I wish I can trade the rest for Lapras or Snorlax or even Bellsprout candies.

I hope the event goes for another full day, I have a 10k to hatch........I dunno if I'll have the time or energy to walk 10k tomorrow but maybe!

Azole

Neo Member
Because I was in Orlando, doing the theme parks, here are my haul of 10km eggs during the event (in order):

Magmar, magmar, chansey, electrobuzz, pinsr, chansey, onix, jynix, magmar, chansey, and himolee...

Was hoping for a snorlax or drantini or lapras...! One more egg in the incubator but I'm not in Orlando anymore... Really disappointed in my 10km hatches!!! But it was fun :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Jynx is okay - it's the most easily obtainable Dragonite counter. The real disappointment is Electabuzz.

jariw

What am I going to do with:

2121 Gastly Candy
629 Drowzee Candy
673 Cubone Candy

??

I wish I can trade the rest for Lapras or Snorlax or even Bellsprout candies.

Why are you keeping the candy? Evolve the things you catch, so you increase in XP. None of those are Pokemons without evolutions.

orochi91

My 10km eggs hatched during this Halloween event:

-Porygon
-Lickitung
-Hitmonlee
-extremely high IV Magikarp
-extremely high IV Squirtle
-extremely high IV Pikachu

Bittersweet last few days, since these amazing eggs came at the expense of my usual nests for Charmanders and Growlithes.

I hope by tomorrow all the nests in my city return to the way they were prior to this event, lol

Probably won't leave the house today so the event is over for me.
I got 80 bulbasaur candy which is amazing. I never thought I would get to evolve it anywhere in the near future. Very happy about that. Otherwise I got Onamyte from a 10km egg and am now close to evolve it so yay for this. Otherwise the event didn't give me that much. Had all the Halloween Pokemon before and right now I'm actually glad that I will finally be able to catch some regular Pokemon again.

But overall a really cool event.
I hope they will do something similar for Christmas. I know there are not really Pokemon that fit to Christmas but they could da a 2x XP or Stardust event, that would be rad.

Great event for me, made a Gyarados in under 2 hours, Dragonair, hatched Kabuto with 58 candies. I don't think I have the stomach to see the buddy candy rate go back to normal.

Oxx

Just going to try and make some progress towards Dragonite while the event winds down.

I'm only on 36 candy at the moment.

GulAtiCa

Currently at 176 Dratini candies. I walked 36.25 km for 29 candies and caught 4 more Dratinis for 32 candies. Thus I earned 61 candies so far. Not bad. Should be able to get a few more candies before the end of the event. Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll find another Dratini to catch

Flo_Evans

ha yesterday was fun. 75 degrees so I snuck out of work early and hit the park.

I was training one gym, popped my guy in, and some dude comes around the corner all mad, he's like hey! I was training that! thats so rude... Im like sorry man didn't see you lol chill. lets train it up another level (was 8) so he's like, how are you leveling it so fast? I explain the finer points of the prestige system and the gym is even stronger.

Hit up a nice 4 stop gazebo and some dude lured them all. mid 40s guy in a suit... lots of different players came and caught stuff was funny to see how different the player base is. too bad it was still mostly the common halloween monsters but whatever. Got enough get omastar.

Bunch of kids came over to trick or treat in my neighborhood and were super impressed by my 2000cp+ guys, they were only at level 10 I told them we would have to play sometime and take down some gyms together.

how much longer does this event go??? I have 1 10k egg left with 6km on it. Might have to walk to lunch lol.

Jynx is okay - it's the most easily obtainable Dragonite counter. The real disappointment is Electabuzz.

eh? electabuzz is the best electric and super rare in my area. I love mine.

I had basically stopped playing this till this Halloween event. Watching and hatching some eggs managed to go from

Kabuto candy 7 -> 38
Abra 60 -> 107
Bulbasaur 20 -> 50

Getting Kabutops/Alakazam/Venusaur feels a little more achievable now. More events please Niantic.

Top Bottom