• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Finally got the game. Why are the battles so slowwwww? I like the animations so I don't want to turn them off....but couldn't they have sped them up a little?

Be thankful you didn't have to deal with Diamond or Pearl.

Jesus.

Harpuia said:
I personally hate the Stantler that they throw at you. Once it decimated my entire team. So I came back with a Dragonite. Much revenge was had. :lol

omg I totally know what you mean. When they swagger you, it's fucking annoying!

What did you do as a revenge kill with your Dragonite?

Axis

Harpuia said:
I think you have to full beauty them in D/P/Pt, much like you had to full beauty them in R/S/E. I don't think you can evolve feebas in HG/SS seeing as how you can't raise beauty in these games...or can you?

blue's sister(or reds, i don't know) will groom 1 pokemon between 3-4pm every day and it raises beauty and happiness...this makes 6 times i've let her groom feebas so i'm just hoping there's some indicator SOMEWHERE

Welp, i've made it past that persian of course, and right now i'm on my 35th streak I believe.

The Veteran trainer pulled a scyther on my Heracross, so I sent in my beloved Muk and Ice Punched his ass, and made him frozen.

Payback's a bitch. ;P

Harpuia

Galactic Quail said:
omg I totally know what you mean. When they swagger you, it's fucking annoying!

What did you do as a revenge kill with your Dragonite?

I draco meteor the ever loving fuck out of every stantler I run into the when in the battle frontier. :lol

Harpuia

I just did the Sinjoh ruin event...ok, so everytime an egg is made in the daycare center...all those fancy lightworks happen? :lol The whole thing was so bizarre. :lol

JSnake

Anyone want to have a battle? My team is pretty finalized in terms of Pokemon but I've yet to get all the TMs and moves I need. But I want to see how this team will do in general, so I'd love a battle.

My FC is 0002 5510 9942

JSnake said:
Anyone want to have a battle? My team is pretty finalized in terms of Pokemon but I've yet to get all the TMs and moves I need. But I want to see how this team will do in general, so I'd love a battle.

My FC is 0002 5510 9942

If you aren't playing anyone in the next...10 min, i'll join you.

Blu_LED said:
Why did no one tell me there was a WiFi event going on now?

So I downloaded the....thing. Now what?
Pick it up from the Deliveryman, and go to the Pokéwalker menu and select Yellow Forrest. Have fun trying to get a Pikachu with Fly or Surf.

notsol337 said:
Okie doke! I'm adding you to my pal pad right now, and tomorrow I'll hope on at some point (probably mid-afternoon) and swap you that Cyndaquil!

In the meantime, I'm going to breed/hatch another one if anyone wants to swap for Chikorita.
Hmm...well I do have a Chikorita that MetroidKiller gave me. I could breed it and give it to you.

Nayishiki

notsol337 said:
Okie doke! I'm adding you to my pal pad right now, and tomorrow I'll hope on at some point (probably mid-afternoon) and swap you that Cyndaquil!

In the meantime, I'm going to breed/hatch another one if anyone wants to swap for Chikorita.

I can give you Chikorita now, I don't need Cyndaquil. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

fernoca

Harpuia said:
I just did the Sinjoh ruin event...ok, so everytime an egg is made in the daycare center...all those fancy lightworks happen? :lol The whole thing was so bizarre. :lol
Yeah..it looked like those old movies when they described the end of the world....looked like the apocalypse, more like a birth.. :lol

notsol337

marked forever
Nayishiki said:
I can give you Chikorita now, I don't need Cyndaquil. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

That would be completely awesome! I'm all for this. I'm getting on now.

Hey, which version are you on? I might have one you don't have yet from a different version.

Why is this happening? I have over 9,000 watts with my PokeWalker, but the last course that I unlocked was "Town Outskirts". I should have unlocked both "Hoenn Feild" and "Warm Beach" by now, but haven't. Any idea what's going on?

Nayishiki

notsol337 said:
That would be completely awesome! I'm all for this. I'm getting on now.

Hey, which version are you on? I might have one you don't have yet from a different version.

Ok I'm online, I have Soul Silver.
notsol337 said:
Aww, thanks loads Nayishiki! You just made my day.

No Problem!

notsol337

marked forever
Wow, in the process of getting my Chikorita out of daycare I got another Chikorita egg! This means soon enough I'll have an extra Chikorita, too.

jman2050

Blu_LED said:
Why is this happening? I have over 9,000 watts with my PokeWalker, but the last course that I unlocked was "Town Outskirts". I should have unlocked both "Hoenn Feild" and "Warm Beach" by now, but haven't. Any idea what's going on?

Just hazarding a guess, but do you have the national dex yet?

Good Game J!

haha Got so unlucky with my missed hits, and I liked how you pulled a clever Trick at the end.

Thats why I hate choice items. >.<

Let's battle again sometime! :)

Blu_LED said:
As Jman mentioned after Town Outskirts you need the National Pokedex in order to unlock more courses. Also when having unlocked more than one course you'll have to transfer a pokemon back and fourth from the pokewalker as many times as you have new courses to unlock.

Axis

ivysaur12 said:
Wow, the frame rate is Vermillion is HORRENDOUS. GF needs to upgrade this engine before Gen V.

it started hurting my eyes so fucking badly. i thought it was the tile they used for the city streets that did it...but that would explain it

Okay, maybe somebody can explain this to me, because I can't make heads or tails of it.

Why am I having "Encounter in Kanto" music before very trainer fight now? I'm still in Johto, haven't gotten past the 4th badge yet I'm hearing Kanto-versions of the little tunes you hear upon running into a trainer. I did trade Pokemon into my game from my Platinum version that don't fit in my Johto-dex.

Wichu

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Okay, maybe somebody can explain this to me, because I can't make heads or tails of it.

Why am I having "Encounter in Kanto" music before very trainer fight now? I'm still in Johto, haven't gotten past the 4th badge yet I'm hearing Kanto-versions of the little tunes you hear upon running into a trainer. I did trade Pokemon into my game from my Platinum version that don't fit in my Johto-dex.
I'm pretty sure that different trainer types have different intro music. The trainers you're fighting all have the 'Kanto' music; similarly, some trainers in Kanto will have the 'Johto' music.

Wichu said:
I'm pretty sure that different trainer types have different intro music. The trainers you're fighting all have the 'Kanto' music; similarly, some trainers in Kanto will have the 'Johto' music.
Is it something they decided to do this time? I'm pretty damn sure I never heard the Kanto-encounter tunes in the original Silver version, and doesn't it defeat the purpose of having different tunes if they mix em up between regions?

Ok I'm pretty much done with the Pokeathlon. I have broken all records gotten all trophies and used way too any hours on this thing. Will only use it in the future if I need certain items

Neogaf Metroid Killer Pokeathlon Records

Categories:

Speed:
Metroid Killer: 513 points

Power:
Metroid Killer: 550 points *new*

Skill:
Metroid Killer: 572 points *new*

Stamina:
Metroid Killer: 541 points *new*

Jump:
Metroid Killer: 473 points

Individual Disciplines:

Hurdle Dash:
Metroid Killer: 77.8 seconds *new*

Pennant Capture:
Metroid Killer: 51 pennants

Relay Run:
Metroid Killer: 18.9 laps *new*

Block Smash:
Metroid Killer: 140 blocks

Circle Push:
Metroid Killer: 66 points

Goal Roll:
Metroid Killer: 14 goals

Snow Throw:
Metroid Killer: 83 points *new*

Ring Drop:
Metroid Killer: 172 points *new*

Lamp Jump:
Metroid Killer: 552 points

Disc Catch:
Metroid Killer: 93 points

Individual Pokemon with all 5 medals:
Metroid Killer: 200 Pokemon *new*

Hall of Fame:
Metroid Killer: 5349 points, 40 trophies *new*

Feel free to add yourself (or pm me) or ask question about strategies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Fuck.

For reference, Garchomp is banned in standard play, but I don't mind him so much when he's not paired with a Sandstreamer.

gg

Phew! Good Battle 645!

That was fun. Your Milotic is a dangerous threat. Luckily I had my Snorlax. :lol

You got a solid team there. :)

EDIT - he is? Oh, that's fine, i'll just change him up to something else then. Thanks for the info!

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Heh it's all relative anyway, and you need to spread out your shiny luck onto two games, all that luck can't be contained in just one ;-)
Riiiiight! :D

pkmn.jpg

Will speed-run it tomorrow with Chekorita, Morning Sun Growlithe, and Phione.

And I've been using BB Bold2 for a month. Pretty good device for Twitter/IM IMHO. BBM is nice as well since I have some of my good friends.

Could anybody get me the GameStop Jirachi from that hack? I don't wanna use it... I mean, yeah I'll be using it, but I wanna get it from a person. That would make it a little less painful for me.

Fitz

Echoes said:
Could anybody get me the GameStop Jirachi from that hack? I don't wanna use it... I mean, yeah I'll be using it, but I wanna get it from a person. That would make it a little less painful for me.

I could get you one, I wanted to try that out for myself to see if it works, but I don't really want to keep the Pokemon, so this would work out well. I'll post again shortly if it worked.

EDIT: Well it seems to have worked, original owner is "GAMESTP". It's all yours if you want it then.

FC: 2278 9007 3670

Double edit: I'm not going to be around much longer so just PM a time when you want it.

thefil

First, a question: If you breed a Pokemon, is there any way to manipulate the egg's ability?

Is there any chance any of you have any of the following Pokemon you'd be willing to trade? I don't have a ton to offer, but I can breed what I do have.

Looking for:
Makuhita
Beldum
Wailmer

Top Bottom