• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Critique on final team? Don't plan to EV train or anything crazy like that. Maybe some casual battles with friends/GAF.

1. Charizard
2. Dragonite
3. Blastoise
4. Scizor
5. Alakazam
6. Meganium (potentially).

GasProblem said:
Just bought HeartGold, awesome box :D

One question though, is the saving supposed to take 5-10 seconds?
Yeah it's supposed to. The save times were cut down significantly from DP (don't know about Platinum). The new saves takes a longer time than their normal saves but it's definitely shorter than the "saving a lot of data" saves. :lol

Metroid Killer, I want mah pokes mang. I'm completely free for the next couple of days. I'll send you a PM too.

mjc

I'm chock full of problems with Raikou.

I've already beaten the Elite Four but I haven't caught any of the three dogs yet. Entei isn't a problem for me because I can just put him to sleep and eventually catch him. Earlier when I ran into Raikou I accidentally poisoned him and now he's down to a sliver of health. I would use Mean Look to keep him in the fight but then he'd get K/Od from the poison effects. Soooooooo....

I've been taking shots at catching him one encounter/one ball at a time. This is starting to get on my nerves. I still have my Master Ball but I kinda wanna save it for Mewtwo, and I have a feeling that Raikou won't respawn if I K/O him because I already beat the Elite Four. Should I just save myself the waste of time and just use my Master Ball on him? Or is there a way for me to cancel out his poison?

mjc said:
I'm chock full of problems with Raikou.

I've already beaten the Elite Four but I haven't caught any of the three dogs yet. Entei isn't a problem for me because I can just put him to sleep and eventually catch him. Earlier when I ran into Raikou I accidentally poisoned him and now he's down to a sliver of health. I would use Mean Look to keep him in the fight but then he'd get K/Od from the poison effects. Soooooooo....

I've been taking shots at catching him one encounter/one ball at a time. This is starting to get on my nerves. I still have my Master Ball but I kinda wanna save it for Mewtwo, and I have a feeling that Raikou won't respawn if I K/O him because I already beat the Elite Four. Should I just save myself the waste of time and just use my Master Ball on him? Or is there a way for me to cancel out his poison?

Don't worry if you kill it, it respawns after you defeat the E4 again.

Bii

Metroid Killer said:
Yeah you aren't alone :lol Still 5 people left that I need to trade with. <_<, >_>

I'm free all day for the next 50 hours (too lazy to check what your actual times will be :p). You think it'll be possible for us to make a trade in that time frame?

sonicspear64 said:
Thanks for the japanese pokes/items, Metroid Killer. With this Ditto, now I can try out this Masuda method for myself. :D
No problem, now I just need an American ditto myself.

Bii I don't see you in the Union Room, still there?

Bii

Metroid Killer said:
No problem, now I just need an American ditto myself.

Bii I don't see you in the Union Room, still there?

I'm still here, I re-entered the Union Room numerous times and I don't see you at all. :(

I have a US Ditto. Do you care what nature it is?

Hmm just checked your FC, it's the correct one...

You might want to check mine once more: 5156 4291 4002.

I'll bring a japanese ditto so we can trade dittos as well :D

Edit: I'm in the union room now, just so you know.

Zmart said:
Damn Lugia, it doesn´t let be caught :lol

Any tips to catch him using only attacks, no status effect and ultra balls?

Down + B? :lol

I used a Heavy Ball after getting it down to low HP with Paralysis, worked like a charm.

Bii

Metroid Killer said:
Hmm just checked your FC, it's the correct one...

You might want to check mine once more: 5156 4291 4002.

I'll bring a japanese ditto so we can trade dittos as well :D

Edit: I'm in the union room now, just so you know.

I checked your friend code and it's correct. I'm in the union room right now as well. *sigh*

EDIT: Found you!

Bii said:
I checked your friend code and it's correct. I'm in the union room right now as well. *sigh*
wtf argh!

Edit: wtf you are there now!
Edit2: Uhh why won't it let us trade? Fuuu
Edit3: Oh it's working now... christ man!

Bii

Metroid Killer said:
wtf argh!

Edit: wtf you are there now!
Edit2: Uhh why won't it let us trade? Fuuu
Edit3: Oh it's working now... christ man!

*laughs*

Man, that was weird. It kept freezing up on me whenever I went to the monitor. I'm glad we can make our trade go through. Thanks for being so patient. :)

Pretty dissapointing they didn't change the feet and lbs. into meters and kg. in the Pokedex for the "Dutch" release. It's only a small thing, but still :(

Veitsev

Odious Tea said:
Critique on final team? Don't plan to EV train or anything crazy like that. Maybe some casual battles with friends/GAF.

1. Charizard
2. Dragonite
3. Blastoise
4. Scizor
5. Alakazam
6. Meganium (potentially).

Scizor, Charizard, and Dragonite all have pretty exploitable 4x weaknesses. That could ome to haunt you a bit.

beje

Banned
JohnTinker said:
So what's the deal with Giovanni's room in Tohjo falls? How do I get him to appear?

It's an event triggered by
Celebi

Edit: went to try Red and I guess it was a bad idea with the pokes I had (only Ampharos, Typhlosion and Ariados). Gotta grind the hard Elite 4 several times T_T

fernoca

Hehe..
I do wonder if I'll have any problems with the Elite 4, when the time comes..so far the battles has been a breeze..but I'm only getting and training Pokemon I really want..

Currently, my party consists of:
  1. Pichu (spike-haired, sometimes alternate with Shiny Pichu)
  2. Pikachu (only male I got from the Pokewalker and knows Flail)
  3. Jirachi
  4. Quilava (which was my starter Cyndaquil)
  5. Togepi
  6. Giratina (which was Level 1, now's 6)

And have on Box #1: Shiny Pichu and Arceus (and like 14 female Pikachus in Box #2; thnks to the Pokewalker)

I'm happy with my party, but according to what I read around is a weak party..but I don't mind..:D

Man I love this event pokemon exploit! So far I've got:

Arceus
Darkrai
Manaphy
Shaymin
Regigigas
Shiny Milotic
Chimchar (JP)
Salamence (JP)
Mew (JP)
Deoxys (JP)

Don't want anything else besides these for a while. :D

Veitsev

fernoca said:
Hehe..
I do wonder if I'll have any problems with the Elite 4, when the time comes..so far the battles has been a breeze..but I'm only getting and training Pokemon I really want..

Currently, my party consists of:
  1. Pichu (spike-haired, sometimes alternate with Shiny Pichu)
  2. Pikachu (only male I got from the Pokewalker and knows Flail)
  3. Jirachi
  4. Quilava (which was my starter Cyndaquil)
  5. Togepi
  6. Giratina (which was Level 1, now's 6)

And have on Box #1: Shiny Pichu and Arceus (and like 14 female Pikachus in Box #2; thnks to the Pokewalker)

I'm happy with my party, but according to what I read around is a weak party..but I don't mind..:D

Use this

Your current party would be demolished by ground attacks

Merovin

Just saved outside of the Elite Four, my current team;

Crobat Level 40
Mamoswine Level 40
Ampharos Level 40
Magmar Level 41
Kingler Level 41
Meganium Level 42

What's the verdict? Am I going to have any difficulty with the Elite Four? They seem incredibly low levelled compared to what my Platinum team was like for the Elite Four!

Danthrax said:
LoL nice reasons.

As far as your team goes, I don't have anything insightful to say. I don't know every Pokémon's best stat potentials, or what moves they all get, or anything about IVs really. I know most Pokémon's types and I know what moves they're more likely to have based on that, but that's about it. I'm pretty casual. That said, I think Snorlax is one of the best fucking Pokémon to have on a team, ANY team, so it's awesome you have him in there. It looks like you're missing fire, ice and electric moves, but I assume Aerodactyl has those covered, right?

LOL! Again, i'm really sorry Dan. I've been messing up on giving you the proper information! XD

I'm in Battle Tower right now, so as of right now I can't give you the information.

Actually, my Muk has that covered. He has all 3 elemental punches.

Let's hang sometime on Wifi. PM me your friend code and i'll give you mine. :D

Merovin said:
Just saved outside of the Elite Four, my current team;

Crobat Level 40
Mamoswine Level 40
Ampharos Level 40
Magmar Level 41
Kingler Level 41
Meganium Level 42

What's the verdict? Am I going to have any difficulty with the Elite Four? They seem incredibly low levelled compared to what my Platinum team was like for the Elite Four!

You have a solid team. A recommendation would be to have a pokemon in your team with an good ice move for Lance obviously.

Be careful though, because IIRC, I believe his pokemon are in the 50s - 55.

I want to make sure I'm covered before going through the whole cave

My Pokemon and move types

Togekiss lvl 52
Fire/Rock/Flying

Typhlosion lvl 57
Fire/Normal (Choice Specs)

Snorlax lvl 51
Rock/Normal/Dark

Gyarados lvl 56
Water/Ice (also Dragon Dance for epic sweeps)

Ampharos lvl 54
Electric/Bug (also Thunder Wave)

My Rock Climb/Strength/Flash Pokemon, which I haven't picked, but will be way less than level 50.
Usually my awesome Venusaur would fit the 6th slot, but I need RC, Flash and Strength so Venusaur has to stay home.

sonicspear64 said:
Maybe if you don't have all his types covered. From what I remember from playing Gold, his team is at least in the 70's.

It's 80s now. Even harder.

To the person who asked for advice, go with pokemon in AT LEAST the high 60s.
(Mid 70s is highly recommended)

Just make sure you got all his types covered like this person said.

Also, use alot of the X-Battle items. They help TREMENDOUSLY.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
balladofwindfishes said:
Is
Red
difficult with a team in the mid 50's?

All of his team members are around 80's, with Pika being highest (88).

Also, you fight with snowstorm weather activated, so fucking Lapras's Blizzard will always hit.

notsol337

marked forever
Holy shit I just got on Nintendo WFC! That being said...

I'd like to trade a Cyndaquil for a Chikorita!

:D :D :D :D :D

edit: I can breed another Cyndaquil for a Totodile, if anyone wants one.

notsol337 said:
Holy shit I just got on Nintendo WFC! That being said...

I'd like to trade a Cyndaquil for a Chikorita!

:D :D :D :D :D

edit: I can breed another Cyndaquil for a Totodile, if anyone wants one.
Oooh. I want a Cyndaquil! I just bred my Feraligtr and I have an extra Totodile.

Harpuia

Galactic Quail said:
Holy shit, i'm in the battle tower right now.

FUCK YOU Persian.

I personally hate the Stantler that they throw at you. Once it decimated my entire team. So I came back with a Dragonite. Much revenge was had. :lol

notsol337

marked forever
Oh hey, can you use the GTS from Soul Silver? I'm not sure where to connect to it...

Wait duh. Why ask gaf when google is RIGHT THERE?!

Sorry.

Finally got the game. Why are the battles so slowwwww? I like the animations so I don't want to turn them off....but couldn't they have sped them up a little?

Harpuia

Axis said:
is there any indicator of when feebas is at full beauty in HG/SS?

I think you have to full beauty them in D/P/Pt, much like you had to full beauty them in R/S/E. I don't think you can evolve feebas in HG/SS seeing as how you can't raise beauty in these games...or can you?

Top Bottom