• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

The first two pictures kinda blended together for me. I got into pokemon in 1999 or 2000 , so I was 14/15 years old at that time. I got Stadium for N64 and Pokemon Red and collected the early trading cards and I remember a lot of people from my class that just didn't understand how I could play with something so kiddy. Though being slightly older than most other pokemon fans back then payed off when trading cards and stuff, I always talked them into trading some great card for some shitty ones I had :lol

notsol337 said:
I'll trade right now if you'd like!
Are you using foreign pokemon when breeding? You know that cross-language breeding increase the chances for a shiny by 4 times.

I can give you a Japanese Ditto if you need it.

notsol337

marked forever
Oh, thanks for the Eevee! I actually didn't have one <3<3

Metroid Killer said:
Are you using foreign pokemon when breeding? You know that cross-language breeding increase the chances for a shiny by 4 times.

I did not, and I would love love that! I'll swap you for a charmander lol

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Metroid Killer said:

Seriously? Wow, I didn't know that.

Big-ass Ramp

notsol337 said:

Oh, cool! I've got like 100 from breeding. Thank you!

I like how the description for Charmander is "Egg apparently hatched." You think?!

Firestorm

Metroid Killer said:

What seriously?
That actually sounds like one of those fake rumours from when I was 10.

"Talk to this guy, then fly here, then do this, then surf here, then fly here to get Mew"
oh wait that turned out to be true

notsol337 said:

I did not, and I would love love that! I'll swap you for a charmander lol
Ok I'll just finish some business in the Safari Zone and I'll be ready to trade.

My FC is 5156 4291 4002

Man never thought I would actually fill up my palpad so that I would need to erase FC :lol My Union room is huge as well.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Delio said:
Sixfortyfive i think i'll do that test battle sometime later. I am really tired maybe we can battle then.
Ah sorry. I misread your last post and though you were going to sleep then.

I probably won't be around much tomorrow evening until late.

notsol337

marked forever
Firestorm said:
What seriously?

"Talk to this guy, then fly here, then do this, then surf here, then fly here to get Mew"

Apparently it's pretty true!

p.s. play more tf2, you rascal.

Metroid Killer said:
Ok I'll just finish some business in the Safari Zone and I'll be ready to trade.

My FC is 5156 4291 4002

Man never thought I would actually fill up my palpad so that I would need to erase FC :lol My Union room is huge as well.

Awesome. I'll be hanging around the club ready to connect! My FC is 4297 5496 9025 if you didn't see it on the previous page.

So yesterday I encountered a wild Shiny Pokémon for the first time ever. Never cared about them, but one would think that's still pretty cool, right? Hell no. The damn thing was a freaking HOOTHOOT.

Delio

Sixfortyfive said:
Ah sorry. I misread your last post and though you were going to sleep then.

I probably won't be around much tomorrow evening until late.

Ah it's cool i should have made it more clear. And that's cool whenever your around we can arrange it then.

OMG Aero

Firestorm said:
What seriously?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

Granted the odds are still 1 in 2048 but it's definitely better then just trying to catch one. I haven't had any luck with it and I used a Japanese Ditto for everything I bred in Platinum.

Also Sixfortyfive could I please have an adamant, impish, timid, jolly, modest and careful Ditto please?

Ok notsol, I'm in the Union Room now.

If others want some Japanese Ditto to increase the chance of shiny eggs I'm available for the next couple of hours.

Everytime you are just casually breeding a pokemon that you don't need for any specific purposes you should always do it with a mixed-race marriage ;-)

Big-ass Ramp

Firestorm said:
What seriously?

I remember when the mew trick was originally found and subsequently confirmed. I remember the guy that posted the original topic about it was banned because nobody believed him and thought it was just another "ZOMG I FOUND MEW BY THE TRUCK" type of post. That was such an epic moment in my childhood to see the "HOLY SHIT"s start to pour in after people started to try the theory out.

notsol337 said:
Thanks loads Metroid Killer, this will make this hella less painful!
Another tip if you don't know. Having a pokemon with the ability Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party will cut the required steps to hatch eggs in half.

Slugma and Magmar has these abilities.

Big-ass Ramp

Metroid Killer said:
Another tip if you don't know. Having a pokemon with the ability Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party will cut the required steps to hatch eggs in half.

:O You are blowing my mind tonight, Metroid Killer.

Why does it do that?

notsol337

marked forever
Metroid Killer said:

Oh god, that's awesome! I want one of those now. I will START HUNTING!

upandaway

Fucking hell I broke down.
I used a repel.

I can't stand this. Fucking shinies aren't worth it and I'll never see one anyway.

Edit: Y'know what Metroid? I'll take a Ditto. My FC's 3481 4884 5606.
Gonna get me some shinies whether it's 1/8192 or not.

That's the cool thing about abilities, there are so many of them and do so many things that are really usefull.

Also notsol I will race you for a Shiny bred Charmander!!!

notsol337

marked forever
Metroid Killer said:
That's the cool thing about abilities, there are so many of them and do so many things that are really usefull.

You're on! I have to catch a magmar first though, but I already had a head start so it's fair!

upandaway

Metroid Killer said:

Edit: Y'know what Metroid? I'll take a Ditto. My FC's 3481 4884 5606.
Gonna get me some shinies whether it's 1/8192 or not.
Don't miss this!

Echoes

Big Ass Ramp said:
I just realized something:

:O = diglett

:O
Haha awesome! :D

Metroid, I would love a Japanese Ditto! :D

I'll be waiting in the union room with a SS Groudon. Return it after you do the quest.

Big-ass Ramp

Echoes said:
Haha awesome! :D

VydWi.png

notsol337

marked forever
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I have a Magmar, so I can bred you a Magby if you want.

I literally just caught one, but I appreciate the offer! Also I can trade you cyndaquil for that totodile as soon as you'd like.

notsol337 said:
I literally just caught one, but I appreciate the offer! Also I can trade you cyndaquil for that totodile as soon as you'd like.
Ha ha. Well Im free right now since I can't sleep. Let me change my router settings and Ill be on.

notsol337

marked forever
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Cool. I'm on my way. Just gonna grab Toto.

Oh! Can you help me evolve my Graveler into a Golem real quick?

I have no issue helping you out with anything! Let's do it.

d'oh, I need 2 pokes to trade. duh.

Challenging Chuck's gym:

"Oh man, this'll be a piece of piss - I've got a Scyther with Wing Attack!"

Every fucker then uses Rock Slide :lol

Eusine's Electrode nearly wiped me out too. This is harder than I remember!

upandaway

Tranced Shadow said:
Challenging Chuck's gym:

"Oh man, this'll be a piece of piss - I've got a Scyther with Wing Attack!"

Every fucker then uses Rock Slide :lol

Eusine's Electrode nearly wiped me out too. This is harder than I remember!
You remember fine though, it's really just harder. The originals are piss easy compared to HGSS.

upandaway

You basically trade off speed for 55 more resistances, more attack and more defense. Also you get rid of a lot of weaknesses with only 4x fire.

Top Bottom