• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

I just got a level 20 Japanese shiny Vaporeon and I'm not sure if it's hacked. It was "apparently found" in Celadon City at level 15, 20/nov/2009. Lax nature and low-average IVs (7/12/17/12/7/27). I offered a Charmander, which isn't worth a shiny Vaporeon. Is there any way I can check if it's legit or hacked?

Minister of the Dog said:
I just got a level 20 Japanese shiny Vaporeon and I'm not sure if it's hacked. It was "apparently found" in Celadon City at level 15, 20/nov/2009. Lax nature and low-average IVs (7/12/17/12/7/27). I offered a Charmander, which isn't worth a shiny Vaporeon. Is there any way I can check if it's legit or hacked?

Mmmm could be from fire red or leaf green, maybe he reset for it over and over (would assume its hacked tho personally as who in their right mind would trade a legit one away?)

kyo_daikun said:
Mmmm could be from fire red or leaf green, maybe he reset for it over and over (would assume its hacked tho personally as who in their right mind would trade a legit one away?)

Yes, that's what I thought. Maybe he just hacked a normal Vaporeon into a shiny one, without changing anything else. The OT didn't appreciate it a lot though, seeing how he taught it strength.

-sigh-

Mafro

Metroid Killer said:
It's all about luck unfortunately, you can throw bait to make it stay longer but harder to cathc or throw mud to make it easier to cathc but more prone to flee...

I just keep throwing balls though.

Seems like six safari balls still isn't enough :|

Fuck it, I've wasted more than an hour now trying to catch one now so I'll do something else.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
kyo_daikun said:
These are way too rare... 600 watts down the toilet so far for me looking for one...

:(
I caught at least one of every type, including TWO with Surf, in my first 400 watts or so.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
upandaway said:
Fuck why do I always forget to turn off battle animations when I'm grinding
Personally, I never played with the battle animations on. Makes the game a little more interesting to have them on, but the battle system is damn slow enough without them. I don't know if I could stand having them on the whole time.

JADS

Minister of the Dog said:

If you have access to PokeSav and your save file, or if you are willing to trade it over, checking it for legality shouldn't be that hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJPhZzMZMQ

Monroeski said:
I caught at least one of every type, including TWO with Surf, in my first 400 watts or so.

With a 3% chance I would consider yourself lucky, im not fussed about the surfing one as I got one from PBR im just after the flying which is 2% :(

Metroid Killer said:
3 Boxes full of Charmander and no shiny yet... will give it two more full boxes before I give up.
Why don't you just count steps, save right before it hatches, and then soft reset everytime it's not a shiny?

JADS said:
If you have access to PokeSav and your save file, or if you are willing to trade it over, checking it for legality shouldn't be that hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJPhZzMZMQ

I think a friend of mine has a flashcart, might send it there and then check it. Thanks for the tip.

Blu_LED said:
Why don't you just count steps, save right before it hatches, and then soft reset everytime it's not a shiny?

Because whether it'll be shiny or not, or what stats the pokémon will have is all decided the moment the old man gives you the egg, not the moment it hatches.

Blu_LED said:

Its set from when you first pick up the egg so that won't work, just need to keep breeding and getting more eggs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Square Triangle said:
I wish someone would of warned me about the cell phone usage in Johto. Holy shit these people don't stop!

For real that Joey won't shut up. He called me twice in one hour just to rave about his stupid rattatta and about seeing hoothoot.

Speaking of I wish someone would have warned me...that voltorb flip game is addictive as hell. I think I've wasted the last 2 hours playing it but now have enough for a dratini. :lol

Wichu

kyo_daikun said:
If it was from FR/LG, it would say 'Arrived from Kanto', not 'Apparently met at Celadon City'. I don't think you get an Eevee in Celadon in HG/SS, so I'd say it's hacked.

Wichu said:
If it was from FR/LG, it would say 'Arrived from Kanto', not 'Apparently met at Celadon City'. I don't think you get an Eevee in Celadon in HG/SS, so I'd say it's hacked.

Yeah your right you don't get eevee there in hg/ss.

Im going to start trading all my pokies across now, see you all in 2 weeks :lol

upandaway

Square Triangle said:
I wish someone would of warned me about the cell phone usage in Johto. Holy shit these people don't stop!
It's your fault for not reading the thread! Everyone complained about it endlessly.

Not me though, it wasn't so easy to forget the dread of the cell phone from the GBC days

Just beat the E4 and I can FINALLY get back to what I was doing before I had the stupid bug that forced me to transfer 322 Pokemon to a new save file!
And I'm gonna start by breeding all my starters.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Gah! For my team I've decided that I want a Mudkip. So I'm all set up to trade with my brother at like 1 in the morning last night, and just randomly "I have to go. Tomorrow"
Which means I can't play for the the rest of the night, because I really don't want to widen the gap between Mudkip and my current party even more.

I wannnnt a Mudkip!

JakeK812

Neo Member
Quick question - how does the player community feel about using legal but non-legitimate Pokemon? Both in the 3rd generation games and in Diamond what eventually killed the fun for me and made me stop playing was the dull monotony of breeding for IVs and EV training. The fun for me after beating the game is making a good competitive team, but with IVs and EVs in the game I just can't stand to to it. I really want to learn how to manufacture Pokemon so I can get around this but I won't if people will consider it cheating.

Animatik

Neo Member
Sixfortyfive said:
If you really care about shinies, you should just chain with the Pokeradar in DPPt. Anything else is a total crap shoot.

I did this on my Diamond, right before it currupted. Took me like a week or 2 to really nail it but this video really helped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkeKPlBYYbs
I even put little dots on my DS screen with an eraseble marker to make sure I avoided unsafe patches but i was able to get like 4 shiny ralts in one go.

After messing around in the Battle tower I finally made it to Kanto and finally settled on a team:

Thyplosion
Vileplume
Raichu
Mamoswine
Quagssire
Hunchkrow

Anyone knows if it is possible to do the Arceus Event twice? I heard about some rumors back in january that two different Arceus were able to trigger the event in HGSS, thus being able to get two out of the three legendaries Arceus creates.

Nayishiki

The_Technomancer said:
Gah! For my team I've decided that I want a Mudkip. So I'm all set up to trade with my brother at like 1 in the morning last night, and just randomly "I have to go. Tomorrow"
Which means I can't play for the the rest of the night, because I really don't want to widen the gap between Mudkip and my current party even more.

I wannnnt a Mudkip!

I have some Mudkips if you want one my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Metroid Killer said:
Anyone knows if it is possible to do the Arceus Event twice? I heard about some rumors back in january that two different Arceus were able to trigger the event in HGSS, thus being able to get two out of the three legendaries Arceus creates.

I heard it's possible to do it twice, but it only worked 1 time for me. I tried with TRU Arceus(It worked),Hall of Origin Arceus and Movie 9 Arceus.

kyo_daikun said:
What level did your abra evolve? If it was higher than 16 then you skipped it and will need the move relearner guy to teach it confusion
Where is this man and what do I need to do for his attention.

Bii

Mafro said:
Any tips for catching stuff in the Safari Zone? I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to catch a damn male Larvitar, but it flees no matter what.

I caught a male Larvitar with ease at the Safari Zone... *pops collar*

Seriously, though. I hatched a few Larvitars, if you want one or two, just let me know:

Male - Hasty
Male - Modest
Male - Hardy
Male - Bashful
Male - Sassy *taken*
Female - Hasty
Female - Impish

Am I the only one who HATES the Pokéthlon? It's one thing to tell me that I cannot get a move back that I begrudgingly replaced with Strength or Cut without a Heart Scale, it's another thing to say that I can only get two a week, and only by playing four sets of three mini-games [and winning]. I had to replace Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Whirlpool, and wasn't going to wait two weeks to get my favourite moves for my Scyther, Dragonair, and Quilava. It just seems to unnecessarily restrictive. Why do HMs have to be so difficult to get rid of? Why can't I just replace them? What would it hurt?! :| I can never lose the HMs, so it's certainly not that it would affect the game in any way if the Pokémon can no longer cut bushes.

This also applies to the stones. I mean, okay, it was annoying trying to get them in G/S, but why did they have to continue this trend? Why can't I buy them? It's not like it would break the game at all; I can get all of the stones, save for maybe the Sun Stone [not sure], it just takes forever to get them all and use them all.

Sorry for the rant :V The Pokéthlon is kind of fun, but I still don't like that it's a forced mini-game in a role-playing game.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Am I the only one who HATES the Pokéthlon? It's one thing to tell me that I cannot get a move back that I begrudgingly replaced with Strength or Cut without a Heart Scale, it's another thing to say that I can only get two a week, and only by playing four sets of three mini-games [and winning]. I had to replace Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Whirlpool, and wasn't going to wait two weeks to get my favourite moves for my Scyther, Dragonair, and Quilava. It just seems to unnecessarily restrictive. Why do HMs have to be so difficult to get rid of? Why can't I just replace them? What would it hurt?! :| I can never lose the HMs, so it's certainly not that it would affect the game in any way if the Pokémon can no longer cut bushes.

This also applies to the stones. I mean, okay, it was annoying trying to get them in G/S, but why did they have to continue this trend? Why can't I buy them? It's not like it would break the game at all; I can get all of the stones, save for maybe the Sun Stone [not sure], it just takes forever to get them all and use them all.

Sorry for the rant :V The Pokéthlon is kind of fun, but I still don't like that it's a forced mini-game in a role-playing game.

And that's why you don't teach HMs (with the exceptions of Fly, Surf, and maybe Waterfall) to your main party. Use a random HM Slave (like a Bibarel or Sandshrew) for the others.

If the Pokeathelon was the ONLY way to get Heart Scales, then maybe you could call it forced. But it's not. =P

RawkHawk2010 said:
And that's why you don't teach HMs (with the exceptions of Fly, Surf, and maybe Waterfall) to your main party. Use a random HM Slave (like a Bibarel or Sandshrew) for the others.

If the Pokeathelon was the ONLY way to get Heart Scales, then maybe you could call it forced. But it's not. =P

I don't like to use HM slaves - I like to make sure that each Pokémon is useful and "part of the team". I didn't think it would be this difficult to relearn attacks, otherwise I'd have probably been more discerning.

Where are other Heart Scales at?

Hex

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
I don't like to use HM slaves - I like to make sure that each Pokémon is useful and "part of the team". I didn't think it would be this difficult to relearn attacks, otherwise I'd have probably been more discerning.

Where are other Heart Scales at?

Some of the Pokewalker courses have heartscales that are not hard to get

Mafro

Bii said:
I caught a male Larvitar with ease at the Safari Zone... *pops collar*

Seriously, though. I hatched a few Larvitars, if you want one or two, just let me know:

Male - Hasty
Male - Modest
Male - Hardy
Male - Bashful
Male - Impish
Male - Sassy
Female - Hasty

PMed you.

Hex

Banned
RawkHawk2010 said:

I use Furret for Cut, rock smash, surf and strength and I was using a random pidgey for fly (though now that I have a pikachu with it I have better functionality in a pinch)
I always consider my 6th spot either an egg spot or an hm slave spot and build my groups around 5 pokemon (and then obviously can swap the slave out for gym battles)

SaintZ

I destroyed Morty with Togetic! I think, so far, he's been the easiest gym leader. Gengar's attacks didn't affect Togetic (with the exception of Hypnosis) and I just spammed with Extrasensory. I thought Whitney was going to be a pain in the ass too with her Milktank of doom (horrible memories of Silver) but I just used Geodude+Rock Smash and that was it.

I just arrived to Olivine City and I feel weird because I don't have Fly yet (specially when you get Surf and Strength too quick) and I'm not in the mood to go to Cianwood right now :/

Oh yeah and Voltorb Flip = Hell.

Wizpig

kyo_daikun said:
What level did your abra evolve? If it was higher than 16 then you skipped it and will need the move relearner guy to teach it confusion
Goddamn, now I can't even attack with Alakazam... :(

Wizpig said:
Goddamn, now I can't even attack with Alakazam... :(

Really harsh :(

On another note I just found a flying pikachu!

Must have been only !! as I never saw !!!

I almost traded it to one of my other games to be gone forever when I noticed it, thank god (2% chance is mental)

Holy shit. I just tried taping my Pokewalker to my bedroom ceiling fan in order to rack up steps/watts easily, but I didn't use enough tape, and after it picked up a bit of speed, it flung the Pokewalker into my window. It's a damn good job it caught the blinds (especially considering that the blinds were open, so it could have went in between), otherwise the damn thing could have went straight through.

I didn't even get a single damn step out of it. This thing is fussy as hell.

Hex

Banned
Ben2749 said:
Holy shit. I just tried taping my Pokewalker to my bedroom ceiling fan in order to rack up steps/watts easily, but I didn't use enough tape, and after it picked up a bit of speed, it flung the Pokewalker into my window. It's a damn good job it caught the blinds (especially considering that the blinds were open, so it could have went in between), otherwise the damn thing could have went straight through.

I didn't even get a single damn step out of it. This thing is fussy as hell.

Try walking, it works great

I want to be getting steps/watts when I'm at home watching something or browsing online, and there aren't many days where I walk the 10,000 steps necessary to start encountering rare Pokemon. So like many other people (just check YouTube links posted in this very thread), I'm trying to gain steps wherever and whenever.

I begged in the Platinum thread for event Pokemon a few months ago and now I'm going to do it here...

The ONLY Pokemon I've yet to obtain in Diamond version is Arceus. I have everything else. Toys'R'Us had an event where you could get one, but I never got to go.

Does anyone have a legit Arceus they will trade? I can get eggs from anything, but I can't trade something I only have one of (such defeats the purpose of collecting everything). I'll even trade multiple Pokemon for the Arceus!

Also, to not sound like a total mooch, I can help anyone else looking for something if I can get an egg or catch it in the wild on Diamond version.

Ben2749 said:
I want to be getting steps/watts when I'm at home watching something or browsing online, and there aren't many days where I walk the 10,000 steps necessary to start encountering rare Pokemon. So like many other people (just check YouTube links posted in this very thread), I'm trying to gain steps wherever and whenever.
Wrap it up in a towel and tie it with some string and put it in the dryer on the fluff setting. It won't get too hot and you will get a bunch of steps.

In theory... I have no clue if it will actually work.

Jokey665

UltimateIke said:
I begged in the Platinum thread for event Pokemon a few months ago and now I'm going to do it here...

The ONLY Pokemon I've yet to obtain in Diamond version is Arceus. I have everything else. Toys'R'Us had an event where you could get one, but I never got to go.

Does anyone have a legit Arceus they will trade? I can get eggs from anything, but I can't trade something I only have one of (such defeats the purpose of collecting everything). I'll even trade multiple Pokemon for the Arceus!

Also, to not sound like a total mooch, I can help anyone else looking for something if I can get an egg or catch it in the wild on Diamond version.

I can give you a TRU Arceus later tonight when I get back from the family Easter gathering. Send me a PM in a few hours so I don't forget, and I'll respond when I get home. I don't need any pokemon in particular, but a Life Orb or Choice Specs would be great.

Jokey665 said:
I can give you a TRU Arceus later tonight when I get back from the family Easter gathering. Send me a PM in a few hours so I don't forget, and I'll respond when I get home. I don't need any pokemon in particular, but a Life Orb or Choice Specs would be great.
THANK YOU! How about both items?

I`m also looking for an arceus here....

Because I`m from Chile, the event is not here...

Any good person out there that woul do it <3

Top Bottom