• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Wizpig

Chorazin said:
I think you spelled Houndoom wrong, because he's obviously the awesomest dog Pokemon.
I think we can all agree that the new Zorowhatever is one of the worst dog Pokémon.
And its evolution is a Mewtwo/Lucario 2.0.
Blech.

Growlithe is awesome btw, but Arcanine is even better.

Echoes said:
Man, I'm loving this strategy for Battle Tower.

Ninjask, Swords Dance (if the foe didn't hit then SD again). When hit, it'll hung on its Focus Sash. Protect the 2nd (or if lucky, 3rd) turn. Baton Pass these gigantic stats to any physical sweeper (Drapion, Hunchkrow, Metagross). SWEEP.
Rolling through the Battle Tower now! Everything is going as planned, some times even getting the +6 attack boost :D But!... Fucking priority moves ruin the plan every once in a while and knocks out Ninjask just before he Baton Pass. Grrr

Edit: Shadow Sneak... Grrr!!!

Kurtofan said:
You just have to receive a foreign pokemon from a trade.
btw if someone want another french pokemon this weekend just tell me because I won't be able to trade for a long time after that.
Awesome, apparently I had this unlocked awhile ago then, since my Chikorita I got off of the GTS was from Japan. Just one more thing for me to obsess over in this game.

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Awesome, apparently I had this unlocked awhile ago then, since my Chikorita I got off of the GTS was from Japan. Just one more thing for me to obsess over in this game.
Actually it shouldn't be that hard to do with a thread like this. Lots of international people here, and it seems like Gravijah already got all entries for Pikachu/Raichu... It's just very time consuming...

Posting this again, because it always feels fucking great to rip Palmer's team apart after all the things he did to my pokes!

effyoupalmer.gif

Metroid Killer said:
Actually it shouldn't be that hard to do with a thread like this. Lots of international people here, and it seems like Gravijah already got all entries for Pikachu/Raichu... It's just very time consuming...
My problem that I would want the entries for each and every pokemon. Well at least the Japanese entries if anything.

Mr. Sam

Blue's Gyrados is pissing me off. I ever get close to making it faint, or give it a status problem and he uses a full bloody restore. What a cheating dick.

Metroid Killer said:
1. Get a pokemon with Flame Armor or Body Heat(or whatever the abilities are called, Slugma and Margmar and their evolution all have it). Having a pokemon with one of these abilities in your team will cut egg-hatching time in half, and you'll need to hatch a lot of eggs, so this is a must.

2. You'll get eggs faster than they'll hatch, so you need to store them in your PC. I find the most efficient way to do this is: Magmar/Slugma is in your team so you have room for 5 eggs, once the old man calls you about a new egg(the 6th), go to the PC a deposit the 5 eggs, get the egg from the old man and ride until you have 5 eggs in your party and one waiting for you and repeat. Once I filled a box with eggs(30 eggs) I took out the Ditto and other pokemon from the daycare in order not to waste money.

3. For egg hatching/Building up steps fast. Basically ride on your bicycle all the way from the top gate in Goldenrod to down next to the daycare, up and down, everytime I have 3 hatched eggs and 2 unhatched, I go to the PC and switch the hatched pokemon with new eggs.

Good luck, you'll need it!

About the same strategy I used, except I hatched them all, 5 at a time. Then, I had 2 options from there:
1. store them in the PC, and populate my Ranch, or
2. go to PC, and release the ones that I didnt like (low IVs, etc).

Very good write-up, MK. :D

Also, my JPN ditto is no more. :( anyone have an extra/clone I could bum off ya? Will pay you with a legit shiny machop. :D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mr. Sam said:
Blue's Gyrados is pissing me off. I ever get close to making it faint, or give it a status problem and he uses a full bloody restore. What a cheating dick.
Now you know how the Elite 4 probably felt when you faced them :lol

Mr. Sam

GaimeGuy said:
Now you know how the Elite 4 probably felt when you faced them :lol

I tore through the Elite Four like tissue paper. Well, actually, I know how Lance felt.

Now, Mewtwo... I already have a lv. 58 Alakazam. So, masterball or no?

Gravijah

Mr. Sam said:
I tore through the Elite Four like tissue paper. Well, actually, I know how Lance felt.

Now, Mewtwo... I already have a lv. 58 Alakazam. So, masterball or no?

No! Save it for a roamer if anything. Mewtwo is easy.

Finally caught a Scyther in the bug contest today. Its the first time I have seen him in my game. Now to make it have an adamant nature and find a Metal Coat.

Mr. Sam

Mewtwo is having pity on my poor Dragonite, only using Guard Swap and Amnesia. Then again, Fly hurt Mewtwo more than Psycho Cutter hurt Dragonite.

Mr. Sam said:
Mewtwo is having pity on my poor Dragonite, only using Guard Swap and Amnesia. Then again, Fly hurt Mewtwo more than Psycho Cutter hurt Dragonite.

Used a level 35 weavile to weaken mewtwo and catch him.

Psycho Cut
Weavile is not affected(or w/e is said)

Mr. Sam

ExtraKr1spy said:
Used a level 35 weavile to weaken mewtwo and catch him.

Psycho Cut
Weavile is not affected(or w/e is said)

If only the sprite could capture the sheer terror Mewtwo must have felt at that moment.

I'm not sure why the moveset wasn't altered to make Mewtwo a bit harder. Lugia & Ho-oh had their moves changed from DPP to here, but they left Mewtwo with 3 status moves and one of the worst attack moves it learns.

Mr. Sam

Gravijah said:
Jeez, Mr. Sam use the edit button! :lol

Sorry, was expecting people to have posted between my excitable outbursts. Excitable? Is that the word I'm-- must be. In other news, the Mewtwo sprite should hover behind me, not walk!

Gravijah

Firestorm said:
At what point in HG can I get Kyogre, Lugia, and Cresselia?

You can't.

Lugia
If you are playing Heart Gold, Lugia is also obtainable at the Whirl Islands, but you need to obtain the Silver Feather from a person in Pewter City. Once you have it, you can go to the bottom of Whirl Islands and Lugia will be there, this time at Level 70.

Kyogre
Kyogre & Groudon are both available within this game. To access them, you need to obtain the Blue Orb if in Heart Gold or the Red Orb if in Soul Silver. These orbs are found from Mr. Pokémon after you have obtained the National Dex and received the Kanto starters from Professor Oak. With these orbs in hand, you need to head to a cave in Route 47, the Embedded Tower. Traverse the cave and you will find Kyogre if you're playing Heart Gold or Groudon if you are playing Soul Silver. They are at Level 50 so be prepared. Unlike Lugia & Ho-Oh, you cannot get both Pokémon in one game so you'll have to trade to get both.

Anyone see the new NPD thread?

POKEMON SOULSILVER VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 1.02M 2

POKEMON HEARTGOLD VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 761.2K 5

Thread title says it all.

:lol :lol :lol

Wizpig

JosM88 said:
Anyone see the new NPD thread?

POKEMON SOULSILVER VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 1.02M 2

POKEMON HEARTGOLD VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 761.2K 5

Thread title says it all.

:lol :lol :lol
But that confirms my theory!
The superior version is the one that sells less!

JavyOO7

I'm sorry for being out of topic but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get the Pokemon GBA games with box and manual included?

Wizpig said:
But that confirms my theory!
The superior version is the one that sells less!
The public knew exactly what they were getting with each version and chose accordingly.:D

On another note...Does anyone have any pokerus infected pokes that they could trade to me?

I'm still looking for the virus so that I can EV train.
JavyOO7 said:
I'm sorry for being out of topic but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get the Pokemon GBA games with box and manual included?
The sellers on amazon are also selling old games with box/art/everything that have had their batteriess upgraded(batteries for gba games die over time) so make sure to get one with the battery replaced.

JosM88 said:
The public knew exactly what they were getting with each version and chose accordingly.:D
Not really. Kids think Lugia is cooler than Ho-oh. It's a fact. Growing up, there were way more kids in the 3rd grade with Silver than Gold.

Nayishiki

JosM88 said:

On another note...Does anyone have any pokerus infected pokes that they could trade to me?

I'm still looking for the virus so that I can EV train.

I have one I can give to you my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Just started Soul silver. This is pretty much my first pokemon game ever. What makes it better than heartgold???

Vulpix line and Skarmory. And the packaging. But don't worry about those details, it really doesn't matter.

Nayishiki said:
I have one I can give to you my FC is 3653 2713 6337.
My platinum FC: 0646 8089 9860

If you need any TM or items you can just let me know.

I'll be on immediately.
sonicspear64 said:
Not really. Kids think Lugia is cooler than Ho-oh. It's a fact. Growing up, there were way more kids in the 3rd grade with Silver than Gold.
I was just joking about the superior thing. I know very well that there are no major differences between the games that are released side by side.

survivor

Banned
Guys, what's the best way to increase happiness? I want to get Crobat before I head to the Elite Four, but this Golbat still doesn't want to evolve. Does spamming regular Potion help or are there much quicker ways?

Andrex said:
Vulpix line and Skarmory. And the packaging. But don't worry about those details, it really doesn't matter.

I've only seen some Pokemon cartoons. I know virtually nothing about this stuff.lol I just hope that I picked a good place to start.

Nayishiki

JosM88 said:
My platinum FC: 0646 8089 9860

If you need any TM or items you can just let me know.

I'll be on immediately.

I don't think I need any items or TM. I'm waiting online with a pokerus infected Cyndaquil.

Nayishiki said:
I don't think I need any items or TM. I'm waiting online with a pokerus infected Cyndaquil.
Thanks a lot for the virus.

I also got an EXP. SHARE that was attached to the cyndaquil. Are you sure that you meant to trade that?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I've only seen some Pokemon cartoons. I know virtually nothing about this stuff.lol I just hope that I picked a good place to start.

Oh definitely. Though you'll probably be a bit overwhelmed at first... HGSS contain the most content, most features, best graphics, best online, and best battle system of any Pokemon game ever. If you're gonna jump in, these are the games to do it with.

Nayishiki

JosM88 said:
Thanks a lot for the virus.

I also got an EXP. SHARE that was attached to the cyndaquil. Are you sure that you meant to trade that?

No Problem. I have 8 EXP. Share in my bag so I don't need it.

EDIT: just won one at the Lottery so I now have 9 Exp. Share

mooooose

Hey I was wondering if anyone had a Ditto they could give me? I'm playing Platinum btw, but I'd be willing to breed a starter from this game or RSE. Thanks guys!

Maximus.

ugh ok i have both the dogs asleep and low hp. Unfortunately i dont have any pokemon with mean look or any moves to keep them in battle. It is getting annoying having to chase these fucks around. I have two master balls and am so tempted to use them on these two whores. Can anyone provide me with any useful tips??

mooooose said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone had a Ditto they could give me? I'm playing Platinum btw, but I'd be willing to breed a starter from this game or RSE. Thanks guys!
I've got a whole box of them. What nature are you looking for?
Nayishiki said:
No Problem. I have 8 EXP. Share in my bag so I don't need it.

EDIT: just won one at the Lottery so I now have 9 Exp. Share
That's pretty crazy. I need to try the lottery now that I have so many pokemon with different IDs.:lol
Fraull said:
ugh ok i have both the dogs asleep and low hp. Unfortunately i dont have any pokemon with mean look or any moves to keep them in battle. It is getting annoying having to chase these fucks around. I have two master balls and am so tempted to use them on these two whores. Can anyone provide me with any useful tips??
Go back a few pages and find the guy who was giving away sneasels with ingrain/mean look/false swipe. I'm sure that he'd gladly help you out.

Wizpig

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Just started Soul silver. This is pretty much my first pokemon game ever. What makes it better than heartgold???
Nothing!
You should sell it and buy HeartGold, in fact. ;)

Enjoy your first Pokémon game, feel free to ask for anything.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Couple questions: A few days ago (recently) someone mentioned a website where you could list a set of moves and it would tell you which pokemon was capable of learning all of them. Anybody know what that is?

Second: Metroid Killer, that rad pokemon art that you do, how is it made? Have you done Gengar or Sableye yet? If so, can you relink the hi-res versions for me please? Really awesome stuff!

Third: is there any way to max exodus your pokes from one version to another? I want all my unique ID's on the same cart for the lottery and I've been developing a pretty big assortment in Silver (thanks mostly to you guys) but I've still got dozens on among Pearl/Plat/HG.

LiQuid! said:
Couple questions: A few days ago (recently) someone mentioned a website where you could list a set of moves and it would tell you which pokemon was capable of learning all of them. Anybody know what that is?

Second: Metroid Killer, that rad pokemon art that you do, how is it made? Have you done Gengar or Sableye yet? If so, can you relink the hi-res versions for me please? Really awesome stuff!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.serebii.net
http://www.smogon.com/dp/

Incredibly useful sites.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Right, I use all three of them regularly, but that doesn't really answer any of my questions. Do any of them have a move cross checker?

Top Bottom