• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else notice the creepy old guy outside of Saffron's gym had his lines changed?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Gravijah said:
That dude has been standing there for 3 years. :/
Well I guess he got in trouble or something since he's now more interested in "strong trainers."

CryptiK said:
Thanks heaps Metroid Killer. Any tips on getting a shiny with ditto?
1. Get a pokemon with Flame Armor or Body Heat(or whatever the abilities are called, Slugma and Margmar and their evolution all have it). Having a pokemon with one of these abilities in your team will cut egg-hatching time in half, and you'll need to hatch a lot of eggs, so this is a must.

2. You'll get eggs faster than they'll hatch, so you need to store them in your PC. I find the most efficient way to do this is: Magmar/Slugma is in your team so you have room for 5 eggs, once the old man calls you about a new egg(the 6th), go to the PC a deposit the 5 eggs, get the egg from the old man and ride until you have 5 eggs in your party and one waiting for you and repeat. Once I filled a box with eggs(30 eggs) I took out the Ditto and other pokemon from the daycare in order not to waste money.

3. For egg hatching/Building up steps fast. Basically ride on your bicycle all the way from the top gate in Goldenrod to down next to the daycare, up and down, everytime I have 3 hatched eggs and 2 unhatched, I go to the PC and switch the hatched pokemon with new eggs.

Good luck, you'll need it!

Gravijah

Minister of the Dog said:
Add my FC (it's in the previous page) while I catch you one.

Ah nice, thanks a bunch. My SS FC is 1419 8897 5769. I'll be in the WiFi room and it's cool if you take a sec, not doing anything.

Edit: Thanks again!

Gravijah

Kurtofan said:
I have the french version.

Anytime you get a chance to catch a Pikachu and can trade over WiFi, tell me!

Metroid Killer said:
Do you have a Japanese version Pikachu Gravijah?

Nope, I keep meaning to ask you since I know you have the Japanese version and forgetting.

Kurtofan

Gravijah said:
Anytime you get a chance to catch a Pikachu and can trade over WiFi, tell me!
I have a pikachu from pearl but I will only be able to trade this weekend.
If you have some SS exclusive pokemon to share I'll be glad to give you any French pokemon you want.I'm also interested in a riolu if you have one(I traded my Lucario from pearl and I don't think I can get one easily in that game
(even if you don't have them it's not a big deal)

Gravijah

Kurtofan said:
I have a pikachu from pearl but I will only be able to trade this weekend.
If you have some SS exclusive pokemon to share I'll be glad to give you any French pokemon you want.

Alright later on this weekend I'll give you something exclusive to SS for the French Pikachu. :)

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
^No no, I was asking Gravijah if she needs a Japanese Pikachu, which I got plenty of :)

He, I only play female characters! :lol I don't really care who trades me the Japanese Pikachu, so fight amongst yourselves.

Edit: Actually I'm lazy and already have your FC, so i'll be in the wifi room metroid.

Hm. I've just gotten up to Lance, but my Pokemon are all in their low 40's.

Should I save or is there a risk that I'll end up getting stuck?

Gravijah

CruxisMana said:

If you lose, all that would happen is that you'd lose like 8k Pokedollars.

Soloist

Neo Member
CruxisMana said:

Save. If you are really stuck then just lose. You can deposit all your money with your mom anyways if that's what you're worried about.

CruxisMana said:

It's doable and you'll only lose money if all goes bad.

Sorry for the wait Grav... and for thinking you were a girl :lol

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
It's doable and you'll only lose money if all goes bad.

Sorry for the wait Grav... and for thinking you were a girl :lol

I RUV YOU MK <3 Hey you even put a thunderstone on, thanks a bunch!

Edit: I always try to exit the trade screen as fast as possible, because if I don't, I feel like I'm confusing the other person into thinking there's more to do, and then I get uncomfortable.

Gravijah

Wizpig said:
Gravijah, you need an Italian Pikachu?
My code is 1291-0654-4027

I can go online right now if you want.

Yes please, my FC is 1419 8897 5769, just give me one sec.

Edit: Do you need anything? I feel bad just trading trash to you guys.

Wizpig

Gravijah said:
Yes please, my FC is 1419 8897 5769, just give me one sec.

Edit: Do you need anything? I feel bad just trading trash to you guys.
Dunno, some SoulSilver exclusive?
Teddiursa, Delibird or Skarmory... but really, it's not a big deal if you haven't got one of these.
I'm going to add you now.

Gravijah

Wizpig said:
Dunno, some SoulSilver exclusive?
Teddiursa, Delibird or Skarmory... but really, it's not a big deal if you haven't got one of these.
I'm going to add you now.

Got 'cha Teddiursa, I'll be in the WiFi room.

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
How many different versions are there? And will the pokedex entries be in all those languages?

English, Japanese, Italian, French, Spanish and German. And yes, they will! For all Pokemon!

Wizpig

Metroid Killer said:
How many different versions are there? And will the pokedex entries be in all those languages?
They are also different -- I can at least notice this for languages I know like Italian, English and to a lesser extent French.

The things they say are slightly OR completely different, I noticed this on Magmar.
Still they say interesting stuff about a certain Pokémon.

Kurtofan

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
How does one unlock the foreign dex entries?
You just have to receive a foreign pokemon from a trade.
btw if someone want another french pokemon this weekend just tell me because I won't be able to trade for a long time after that.

Top Bottom