• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

cdyhybrid

Gravijah said:
Damn it there are so many cool Pokemon I want to add to my Platinum in game team. Rhyhorn? I WANT YOU. Houndour? I WANT YOUUUUUU! etc etc.

Me too, I ended up just deciding to use this first team I'm building to battle people. I've already come up with two more teams though :lol I make these teams way faster than I can actually breed them, haha.

xSL4INx

Sixfortyfive said:
Oh god, I'm an idiot.

I have 2 Darkrais but neither of them know Dark Void at the moment. -_-

EDIT: nm this can be fixed with one quick stop at the move tutor.
EDIT2: getting online
EDIT3: I'm on. My FC is in my PM and in the tourney thread if you need it.

If you're going to be available this weekend, and if I don't hear from my next opponent by tomorrow night, you can have his spot if you want it.

Ok that works! I'll post my info as soon as I get home (should be in about 30 minutes)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm consistently amazed at the raw power a Gyarados has. Not just a normal one, but a Life Orb'd Dragon Dance x3'd one using a STAB attack. I just took out one of those annoying Chanseys in the Battle Tower in one hit using the above set up.

On that note, screw those damn annoying Chanseys. :lol Softboiled. Softboiled. Softboiled. I must have been near the 16 max limit on it.

Oh and one more thing, Stealth Rock KOs Shedinja before it even does anything. :lol I was stunned when that happened. Jeez.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
I'm consistently amazed at the raw power a Gyarados has. Not just a normal one, but a Life Orb'd Dragon Dance x3'd one using a STAB attack. I just took out one of those annoying Chanseys in the Battle Tower in one hit using the above set up.

On that note, screw those damn annoying Chanseys. :lol Softboiled. Softboiled. Softboiled. I must have been near the 16 max limit on it.

Oh and one more thing, Stealth Rock KOs Shedinja before it even does anything. :lol I was stunned when that happened. Jeez.
Chansey has like 5 or 10 base defense >.>

Echoes

Metroid Killer, I'll be available 7PM (GMT+3), which is 12 hours and 45 minutes after posting this. Will you be ready for our tournament match?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
Always. Blissey is a special wall with insanely high HP.

255 Base HP
10 Base Def
135 Base SpDef

Physical attacks can eat through her defenses with no issue but special attackers are usually walled completely unless they can stat up.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/blissey

Well, live and learn right? So maybe my Gyarados wasn't dishing out armageddon like I thought it was. :lol

Maximus.

I just got all the badges today! I have all the legendary dogs, and 2 of the 3 birds, currently trying to catch Moltres, but it is being a stubborn bitch.

Teknoman

After the tournament fights, i'll probably start doing regular casual battles :D Luckily I reached the Elite 4 before Gaf tournament R-1 starts.

Animatik

Neo Member
D'oh! Totally forgot to sign up for the tournament. Been so busy at work it just blew by me ><

Anyways, almost 100 hours into the game and finally caught my most favorite legend, Articuno =]

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I can get online for like the next hour for trades or battle using an incomplete team of non-EV trained in-game hobo-mons.
I am up for battles.

Do you want a serious team, a gimmicky-but-serious tourney team, or a mostly joke team?

Maximus.

Holy moly finally caught Moltres. Took like 20 ultra balls and 20 dusk balls. Gengar kept getting rocked and eventually ran out of hypnosis so I switched to Gyarados and spammed balls and it finally was caught. Have all the dogs and birds now.

Question, do you guys think I may as well use my two master balls on Lugia and Mewtwo, since I dont see any other reason to keep them unless I use it on Latios/Latias, which ever is in Gold?

Sixfortyfive said:
I am up for battles.

Do you want a serious team, a gimmicky-but-serious tourney team, or a mostly joke team?
Mostly joke team, honestly. I've only filled like four slots and the other two are HM slaves.

Just give me a little while to trade with Jet Grind Radio!

JGR, give me a minute or so and I'll be in the Union room with your Delibird.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FC: 2750-6983-3519

You're getting a team of unevolved level 5 'mons. They're trained though.

One of these days I need to go through with a complete joke team where every member knows Metronome or something loony like that.

Sixfortyfive said:
FC: 2750-6983-3519

You're getting a team of unevolved level 5 'mons. They're trained though.

One of these days I need to go through with a complete joke team where every member knows Metronome or something loony like that.
We can scale to level 100 or whatever, right? Mine are Lv 50 and the HM slaves are freshly caught.

FC: 5027 6895 5684

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just want to check to make sure this video uploaded:

84-09867-48225

Can anyone see that Battle Video? o_O

mandiller

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
20 Larvitar and 20 Safari balls and OH MY GOD just stay in the ball!!

Oh good luck to everyone in the tourney tomorrow!

Ahh yeah tell me about it. It took me so damn long to get Larvitar at the safari zone.

I didn't get any responses last time, but does anyone have a Kyogre they caught in heart gold? Would you be willing to trade it to me for 5 minutes so I can get the Jade Orb? I'd very much appreciate it.

I just learned that Ralts is swarming on Route 34. Time to get that Synchronize Modest Natu and my Parasect to mass capture those little cuties.:3

mCACGj

I can't seem to get the hang of the swarm thing. I try going to the locations but I have no luck regardless of how much time I spend. On top of that every time I listen to it it gives me different Pokemon and different locations, I thought it was the same each day? I'm so confused...can someone help?

Maximus.

ok just caught Lugia, first try used 10 dusk balls :lol Busy day today, got the last 2 badges, caught 4 legendary birds and Mewtwo.

Does anyone have a feebas and or gible they could trade? I have a few fossil-mons and other odds and ends I could trade in return. Mostly looking for a feebas because I want to make Milotic a part of my main team.

FC: 2321 8564 6625

^^Swarms don't happen until you have beaten the Elite Four

Reply to Echoes (should be using pm, oh well...
Echoes said:
Metroid Killer, I'll be available 7PM (GMT+3), which is 12 hours and 45 minutes after posting this. Will you be ready for our tournament match?
Yeah I should be available by that time, hopefully I'll have leveled my team up with the right moves and gotten 120BP by that time <_< :lol

Also I have never battled before, where do you go for battles in the PokeCenter?

Unicorn

Anyone have a japanese ditto and a Stick hold item? Got some nice growlithe to trade.

Also, metroid killer, go downstairs and to the middle lady for online battling with Friend Codes.

Holy Shit!

I just caught a Shiny Ralts! Modest(from my synchronize natu) and has trace. OMG my first HGSS Shiny Ever!!

Gonna post a pic when I got home lol

Unicorn said:
Anyone have a japanese ditto and a Stick hold item? Got some nice growlithe to trade.

Also, metroid killer, go downstairs and to the middle lady for online battling with Friend Codes.
Thanks, I have a japanese Ditto, but no Stick though.

Fc 5156-4291-4002

Top Bottom