• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
Wow, pretty much all of them are great. I really like all the ones depicting the encounter with Red, epic stuff!

I only procure the highest quality fanart. :D :lol Japanese fanartists have America soundly beat, I'm afraid.

And yeah, the stuff with Red is my favorite as well.

Also I just posted the second set of Pokemon fanart. I might have enough for a third post.

This one is really great, amazing lighting and shadow work.
Falkner03.jpg

Firestorm said:
23,870 steps today.
Personal record.

My feet are killing me.
My best was ~32.000

OK,

Squire Felix, Rocksteady33 and Jet Grind Radio!

I'm ready for trades.

Let me see if I've got it right:

Squire Felix:

Starters for an Eevee and a Clefairy (tell me which ones)

Rocksteady33:

Growlithe and whatever for a Cyndaquil and Totodile

Jet Grind Radio!

Delibird for a Pineco

Let me know if you guys want anything else.

Rocksteady33

viciouskillersquirrel said:
OK,

Squire Felix, Rocksteady33 and Jet Grind Radio!

I'm ready for trades.

Let me see if I've got it right:

Squire Felix:

Starters for an Eevee and a Clefairy (tell me which ones)

Rocksteady33:

Growlithe and whatever for a Cyndaquil and Totodile

Jet Grind Radio!

Delibird for a Pineco

Let me know if you guys want anything else.

I just PM'd you, but yeah, I'm ready when you are.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I've got a spare Delibird, though I'm not sure where to get a Natu or Slugma.

There is a tiny bit of grass in the Ruins of Alph that has Natu (and Smeagle), to get there you need to go to Union Cave, go north to the staircase, surf across the water, go north and keep following the north path until you get outside to the grass.

EV trained 5 pokemon for my team, the 6th is hatching as I post. Then EV train the last mon and off to grind the E4 so they can level up.

When battling via wifi I know you can set the option so that your team is all lvl 100. So if I have a pokemon EV trained at lvl 17 and it already knows the moves I want, then I don't have to level it up further when just using it for wifi battles?

Firestorm

Metroid Killer said:
EV trained 5 pokemon for my team, the 6th is hatching as I post. Then EV train the last mon and off to grind the E4 so they can level up.

When battling via wifi I know you can set the option so that your team is all lvl 100. So if I have a pokemon EV trained at lvl 17 and it already knows the moves I want, then I don't have to level it up further when just using it for wifi battles?
That is correct.

thefil said:
What's a good Pokemon to raise quickly for item theft? I got a Luvdisk swarm today and I'm unprepared.
Have a fainted Butterfree as the first pokemon in your party (Compound Eyes stills works). Have a Stantler with Frisk ability and Thief(TM46) as the second pokemon in your party.

Perfect stealing team.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was on the Platinum website last night and I became sad I missed so much by being out of the Poke-loop last year. :( Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus... sigh...

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking it up eventually though. But first maybe I'll get FireRed or LeafGreen used as a time killer.

Just crested 100 hours.

I just got my third star on my trainer card from doing the Shiny Leaf quest. I've also got the Pokeathalon and E4 ones. I've got 5 EV trained Pokemon, and about to bring up my 6th. I've got about 210 Pokemon in the dex.

I still need to beat the E4 2, beat Red, beat all the battle frontier stuff, and complete the National Dex.

Best Pokemon game ever!!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Inferno313 said:
Just crested 100 hours.

I just got my third star on my trainer card from doing the Shiny Leaf quest. I've also got the Pokeathalon and E4 ones. I've got 5 EV trained Pokemon, and about to bring up my 6th. I've got about 210 Pokemon in the dex.

I still need to beat the E4 2, beat Red, beat all the battle frontier stuff, and complete the National Dex.

Best Pokemon game ever!!

You did all that in 100 hours? o_0 I've only got two EV trained Pokemon and 247 caught at 133 hours, and none of the other stuff. I can't imagine doing the leaf quest, that stuff sounded hard...

Oh and you're absolutely right. *high five*

Hopefully BW will be the new hotness.

I decided to EV train my first Pokemon. I finally got an adamant Scizor and checked the IVs in a level 100 wi-fi battle. I got these stats:

HP 100 9 9
Atk 100 19 19
Def 100 21 21
Sp.Atk 100 17 17
Sp.Def 100 28 28
Spd 100 1 1

So, it's basically shit? This really fucking sucks...

Andrex said:
You did all that in 100 hours? o_0 I've only got two EV trained Pokemon and 247 caught at 133 hours, and none of the other stuff. I can't imagine doing the leaf quest, that stuff sounded hard...

Oh and you're absolutely right. *high five*

Hopefully BW will be the new hotness.
Well, tbh, only two of those EV trained ones I did in SS. 3 of those guys came in from Platinum.

I also traded over my Power items and Pokerus from Plat, so it only took me maybe 2 hours to EV train one.

The shiny leaf stuff isn't hard at all. It's basically go to the right route, wander around in grass, constantly talk to your Pokemon. It only took me about 90 minutes to get all 5.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Inferno313 said:
Well, tbh, only two of those EV trained ones I did in SS. 3 of those guys came in from Platinum.

If we're counting ones from DPPt then I have three total. :p

I've been breeding Hippopotas for the last two days to get an impish male with good IV's. Dozens of eggs later, two candidates appear and I trade them over to platinum where I level them up through thousands of steps at the daycare only to find out that the moves I bred on to them were replaced by generic moves and that they can't be recovered through any means.

This is all after getting two great hippopotas that I evolved through the daycare center only to find out that they were useless without certain breeding moves.

SO MUCH RAGE

:(((((((((((((

Bii

Nayishiki said:
Can someone help me transfer 6 pokemons from Platinum to Soul Silver? My Friend codes are 1505 7817 2308 and 3653 2713 6337.
If no one helps you before 6:00pm PST today, I can. Just PM me if you haven't found someone by then.

I'm currently at 99 hours and I'm no way near accomplished as Inferno313. A good 10 hours was spent playing Voltorb Flip, another 10 went to trying to breed a shiny Charmander, another 10 was spent hatching desirable natures for Scyther/Gible/Larvitar/Dragtini... -_-

JosM88, can I ask for a Hippopotas?

thefil

Thanks Metroid Killer for the advice. I'm now 47 heart scales richer. :lol

I don't think it's likely I'll ever use them all, so I'm willing to share. If anyone wants one or some just send me a PM. I don't have time now but I can do some handouts tomorrow.

JosM88 said:
I've been breeding Hippopotas for the last two days to get an impish male with good IV's. Dozens of eggs later, two candidates appear and I trade them over to platinum where I level them up through thousands of steps at the daycare only to find out that the moves I bred on to them were replaced by generic moves and that they can't be recovered through any means.

This is all after getting two great hippopotas that I evolved through the daycare center only to find out that they were useless without certain breeding moves.

SO MUCH RAGE

:(((((((((((((
Why not do IV battles instead of all that work with the daycare?

Bii said:
If no one helps you before 6:00pm PST today, I can. Just PM me if you haven't found someone by then.

I'm currently at 99 hours and I'm no way near accomplished as Inferno313. A good 10 hours was spent playing Voltorb Flip, another 10 went to trying to breed a shiny Charmander, another 10 was spent hatching desirable natures for Scyther/Gible/Larvitar/Dragtini... -_-

JosM88, can I ask for a Hippopotas?
What nature are ya' lookin' for stranger?
Little Green Yoda said:
Why not do IV battles instead of all that work with the daycare?
The point of the daycare was the leveling of the final candidates with the proper IV/Nature so that I can get them to learn certain moves without adding any EV's. I check at least 8 of my final candidates and pick the best two after an IV battle check.

I don't just throw random pokemon in there.

Bii

JosM88 said:
What nature are ya' lookin' for stranger?
None in particular. Any will do. I won't be available to trade until later today, is there something you're looking for? I still have a few Lucky Eggs to give out if you're interested.

Guys I want you to take a look at this for a second...

Hippowdon EV added
HP: 347 15
Attack: 243 40
Defense: 294 9
Special attack: 133
Special Defense: 174 63
Speed: 117

final stats:
HP: 362
Attack: 283
Defense: 303
Special attack: 133
Special Defense: 237
Speed: 117

These are it's stats at level 100 WITHOUT EV's added yet. THIS THING MADE TORTERRA LOOK LIKE A CREAMPUFF WITH FULL EV TRAINING. ALL I WANTED WAS A HIPPOWDON.
:(

Bii said:
None in particular. Any will do. I won't be available to trade until later today, is there something you're looking for? I still have a few Lucky Eggs to give out if you're interested.
A lucky egg would be just fine. Do you happen to have any extra leftovers?

You can PM me later on in the day when you are available. If you need any other pokes let me know and I'll be glad to help out.
cdyhybrid said:
Gotta actually find someone who's willing to do an IV battle first :lol
Two DS's solves this problem. It's been an immense help in breeding dozens and dozens of pokes over the last month. It also makes IV battles easy to set up.

cory

Banned
Why does the Pokéwalker always make me battle the Group A Pokémon once I reach the step threshold? I've tried pressing the button repeatedly on a single ! patch, but it always kicks me out.

cory said:
Why does the Pokéwalker always make me battle the Group A Pokémon once I reach the step threshold? I've tried pressing the button repeatedly on a single ! patch, but it always kicks me out.

Different routes have different chances for each group. The "nice" ones have group a encounter rates of around 30-50%, while yellow forest has a rate of 3%. Details found here:
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

cory said:
It depends on which course you are playing, but especially for the first couple of courses; Once you have enough steps to get access to the group B and then A pokemon, the chance of encountering a group C pokemon is very low.

For the first course there's a 100% chance that you'll run into a Pidgey or Sentret at 0 steps.
But once you've walked 500 steps and open up group B. The % changes to 25% chance of a Pidgey or Sentret. And then at 2000 steps it'll be a 7.5% chance. (Note this is if the group A pokemon is Doduo, it slighting changes depending on the group A pokemon)

Here is a list with how all the %chances changes after getting more steps.

Top Bottom