• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Unicorn

Unicorn said:
Anyone have a japanese ditto and a Stick hold item? Got some nice growlithe to trade.

Also, metroid killer, go downstairs and to the middle lady for online battling with Friend Codes.
For new page.

Really want to try for shiny staryu since japanese ditto have higher shiny egg rate. Shiny Starmie is amazing!

Edit: cool metroid. Heading online now

1333 9906 6884

Edit2:
Thanks soooooooo much!

Also anyone with an Earthquake TM? I'm hard pressed for time for the tournament, and I don't think I'll have time to save up 80BP today. So if anybody has an Earthquake TM which they haven't got a need for at this moment it would help me a lot. I will give you an Earthquake TM back in return later this weekend and maybe an awesome pokemon together with it. :)

Unicorn said:
I have one in pearl you can have:
3179 2552 5062

Online now.
Awesome, getting on now!

Edit: Thanks a loooot! You just saved me from hours of frustration at the Battle Frontier!
Anything special you want in return later this weekend?

I'm looking for someone here with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum who could check the beauty stat of my Feebas. By my calculations it should have max beauty but it still won't evolve.

I haven't got much to offer in return, but I have the Kanto starters, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Growlith, Spinarak, Feebas, Sableye, Ditto and Pinsir if you need any of those.

Unicorn

Metroid Killer said:
Awesome, getting on now!

Edit: Thanks a loooot! You just saved me from hours of frustration at the Battle Frontier!
Anything special you want in return later this weekend?
Only thing my team needs is drapion to know aqua tail and that's a move tutor move from battle frontier.

If you got a pokemon with good bred moves on it I'll take whatever.

I'm kind of in the same boat as Metroid when it comes to being hard pressed for time. Does anyone have a Choice band that they'd be willing to part with? :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a Luvdisc swarm. Are they good for anything at all? They look pretty useless, but it seems like I remember them having something good about them. Maybe the wild ones hold some item?

Monroeski said:
Just got a Luvdisc swarm. Are they good for anything at all? They look pretty useless, but it seems like I remember them having something good about them. Maybe the wild ones hold some item?

Time to start farming Heart Scales!

Nayishiki said:
Yeah I have some Mudkips, I think i still have your FC in my pal pad.
Cool

I'd be willing to get online right away if you could trade one off to me. Are you looking for any items or TM's in particular?

Edit:
Yep, you're on my platinum pal pad.

Nayishiki

JosM88 said:
Cool

I'd be willing to get online right away if you could trade one off to me. Are you looking for any items or TM's in particular?

Edit:
Yep, you're on my platinum pal pad.

Yeah I can trade now. I'm not looking for anything, just give me a pokemon you don't need and I'll give you a Mudkip.

Hah just took out Palmer(1)'s entire team with just Metagross, I'm getting so used to his team now that I can beat in my sleep.

Just 5 more BP and I got enough points for all the stuff I need for my tournament team.

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Hah just took out Palmer(1)'s entire team with just Metagross, I'm getting so used to his team now that I can beat in my sleep.

Just 5 more BP and I got enough points for all the stuff I need for my tournament team.
Palmer1 is fairly easy, I can take him down with just Starmie. Ice Beam OHKO Dragonite, Surf OHKO Rhyperior, Thunderbolt 2HKO Milotic (2 or 3).

Palmer2 is not only a cheating bastard, but getting to him is a pain in the butt.

(I'll be home in an hour or so.)

Monroeski said:
Is the Daily Drawing Corner in Goldenrod the best place to try to get Dusk Balls?
Blackthorn, Battle Frontier, Lavender Town, Vermillion City and Fuscia City Poke Marts all sell them at $1000 each. It's cheaper to get them from the Goldenrod draw if you win at least 1 Dusk Ball every 3 ticket draws, but obviously way more time consuming.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Azure Phoenix said:
Blackthorn, Battle Frontier, Lavender Town, Vermillion City and Fuscia City Poke Marts all sell them at $1000 each. It's cheaper to get them from the Goldenrod draw if you win at least 1 Dusk Ball every 3 ticket draws, but obviously way more time consuming.
Must have missed them in Blackthorn somehow. I haven't visited a Pokemart in any of the other cities yet.

cory

Banned
The only bad thing about the Pokéwalker is that it skips learning moves. (And EV's I guess, but I'm not really into that). This is only a problem towards the beginning when you don't have many Pokémon in the boxes.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
cory said:
The only bad thing about the Pokéwalker is that it skips learning moves. (And EV's I guess, but I'm not really into that). This is only a problem towards the beginning when you don't have many Pokémon in the boxes.
On any given trip you can catch 3 filler pokemon with watts you can practically gain by walking to your mailbox and back, so you wouldn't need to waste money on pokeballs in game that early to get some random pokes to use for it. Plus, they will only gain a maximum of one level no matter how many steps you take, so if you just make sure to not put something in there right before it learns a move, you'll be fine.

I don't think it's all that big of an issue.

cory

Banned
Yeah, I got all the Pokémon from the first 4 areas. Right now I'm just keeping Togepi in there all day so it evolves, as there's no reason not to evolve it.

This is my in-game team right now, just got to Ecruteak:
Quilava Lv. 30
Poliwag Lv. 15 (I'm thinking I should go for Wrath and evolve another Poli to get Toed for the Pokédex)
Hoppip Lv. 14
Mareep Lv. 14
Rattata for HM's
And a swing slot for whatever.

Adamm

Quick question:

Is it better to concentrate leveling your main (starter) pokemon and let the other ones fall behind?
Or should you try to keep them all around the same level?

Firestorm

Adamm said:
Quick question:

Is it better to concentrate leveling your main (starter) pokemon and let the other ones fall behind?
The first is probably faster. The second will help you understand the gaame better and is more fun IMO.

Gravijah

Adamm said:
Quick question:

I played the first way forever, and while it was fun, I'm glad I recently started building an entire team while playing. It's a lot more fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Echoes said:
Dumb question. How do you spell Scizor out loud? Sky-zar or See-zor?

I say it as "Skee-zor"

Why? I dunno, it just sounds cooler that way. :lol

Also I'm kinda digging the Battle Hall in the Battle Frontier.

I really need to get back to Kanto and finish the gyms and shit there, but I've been sidetracked by Bad Company 2 and Persona PSP (I NEED TO FINISH THAT FUCK ME SITTING AROUND PLAYING BAD COMPANY 2. AAAARGH), so Kanto's stretch of the journey has been put on the backburner. :lol

Adamm

Cool, thanks for the answers.

At the moment i am levelling up a whole team, but im worried that they will all be slightly behind the gym leaders pokemon.
But ill stick to it :D

I'm upping my offer to 5 Pokemon of your choice from the following ones in exchange for having a quick look at my Feebas' beauty stat in D/P/Pt (since it can't be viewed in HG/SS):

Growlithe, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Sableye, Spinarak, Feebas, Pinsir, Scyther, Ditto, Porygon.

I'm getting really desperate now because I can't go any further in the game until it evolves into Milotic.

Azure Phoenix said:
I'm upping my offer to 5 Pokemon of your choice from the following ones in exchange for having a quick look at my Feebas' beauty stat in D/P/Pt (since it can't be viewed in HG/SS):

Growlithe, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Sableye, Spinarak, Feebas, Pinsir, Scyther, Ditto, Porygon.

I'm getting really desperate now because I can't go any further in the game until it evolves into Milotic.
I can do that when I get home from work in about 5 1/2 hours if you haven't found anyone by then.

cory said:
I just bred an Eevee egg! Will repeat 5 more times.
Edit: Wow, 20 minutes later and they pop out another one!
I hope you have a Magmar or Slugma on your team, as Eevee eggs takes the longest to hatch. Having one on your team halves the hatching time.

Azure Phoenix said:

I have Pearl. If you can wait until after 6:00 CT I could probably help unless it requires a beaten game. I lost my Pearl save file and I don't think I got too far on my replay. Just let me know how to do what you need.

Edit: beaten

cory

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
I hope you have a Magmar or Slugma on your team, as Eevee eggs takes the longest to hatch. Having one on your team halves the hatching time.
I guess I should evolve one of my Magby's then.

DragonGirl said:
I have Pearl. If you can wait until after 6:00 CT I could probably help unless it requires a beaten game. I lost my Pearl save file and I don't think I got too far on my replay. Just let me know how to do what you need.

Thank you very much for the kind offer from both yourself and Xeno Flux, but Yazan has just helped me out with Feebas. Apologies for that.

Axis

alright i have some stuff i need to give away...17 boxes full :(

DD larvitars, DD/outrage larvitars, stone edge/earthquake larvitars, nasty plot togepi, substitute/baton pass/swords dance gligars, substitute nincadas, ice beam/DD/flamethrower dratinis, hydro pump/dragon dance bagon, flamethrower/dragon dance bagon, ice beam swablus, roost skarmory, stone edge/earthquake gibles

hopefully that's it...for a while. not asking for anything in return but if you have a useful TM you'd like to give away...i'll take it!]

edit: FC: 1591 6876 4222

Top Bottom