• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
I've actually kinda giving up on the PokeWalker since getting the White Lake course(50.000 watts), there's nothing of interest in that one and the next requires 15.000 more watts and all I want from that is just a Finnon and Shellos...

I'm just doing it to be a completionist. Since the later courses require so many Watts, they didn't put anything good in them. Kind of a double edged sword.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm not viewing the Pokewalker as something I have to complete right away. If a year from now I'm still unlocking stuff I'll be completely content. Granted, I'll have to be wearing it every day from now until then, and B/W compatibility would probably help a lot, but the Pokewalker should probably just be a long-term thing. GF didn't cap the courses at 20,000 Watts after all. :p

cory

Banned
I've figured out that I need to perform 62 evolutions and 13 trades (Not counting evo methods) to complete the Johto Dex (Not counting wild Pokémon I haven't caught yet)
Mew and Celebi too.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I think I'm up for one more battle for the evening if anyone's around.

I kinda want to see what team Metroid Killer was using for the tournament.

Sure lets battle now then!

I didn't create a team to win with though, as it's missing some fundamental stuff and can be countered pretty easily I think.

Metroid Killer (HeartGold) 5156-4291-4002
Sixfortyfive (Platinum) 2750-6983-3519

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The answer will have to wait!

I'm done for the day. I'll be around tomorrow evening for casual battles and tournament stuff.

Heh I've only battled over wifi twice, but I have realized two things important for battles:

1) Knowledge: You have to know about what all the moves/abilities/items can do. And you have to know it well, in the heat of the battle I even forgot some of the type effectiveness of certain pokemon.

2) Prediction/Metagame/Experience: I guess this ties up with the other point, the more you know about the ins and outs you'll be able to predict what your opponment is gonna do next.

I guess I realized how important every move/turn really is.

upandaway

Most importantly, in the little I battled, I came to the conclusion that your specific team of Pokemon doesn't really matter. Say, doesn't really matter which special wall you have, you just need a special wall, and you can use it to its full effect with good prediction.

So really, not who you use, but how you use it. And then it comes down to the 2 things you said.

I remember how once I saw a Heracross outspeeding my Houndoom (Jolly and EV trained but no clue about IVs), and I immediately jumped "it's scarfed" because I remembered the base stats. I was so proud of myself!! Because knowing he was locked into a move really helped.

I wouldn't mind some casual battles if anyone's up to it. I'll probably get whipped, but so be it. Tell me if you add me and I'll add you back!

My FC: 3782 1369 4502 (Kiron)

unreon

Question about the Pokewalker:

I've unlocked walks and according to Serebii; the next one is Hoenn Path at 5000 watts.

But I do have 5000+ watts...and it's not open.

Or do I have to beat the Elite 4/some other checkpoint to advance?

Gravijah

unreon said:

I've unlocked walks and according to Serebii; the next one is Hoenn Path at 5000 watts.

You made sure to take the Pokemon back from the walk and not just receive gifts right?

unreon said:

Hoenn Field and the courses onwards requires the national pokedex for you to open up.

Gravijah

Firestorm said:
No one wants awesome TMs like Earthquake and Ice Beam for their worthless Double Team and Psych Up? :(

If you need 'em later on today I can give them to you, but I've gotta head to bed soon.

Firestorm

Metroid Killer said:
I don't have Double Team, but I'll gladly trade Psych Up for Earthquake.

Firestorm (HeartGold) 3696-2833-0158
Metroid Killer (HeartGold) 5156-4291-4002
Earthquake is in my Pearl. Add me as 0988 8217 0077

Gravijah

If you still haven't gotten Double Team later today I'll search through my carts for it, I'm exhausted though and I've gotta head to bed.

Firestorm

Thank you :)

Edit: Never mind Gravijah, I found out Double Team can be bought from Veilstone Game Corner and I still seem to have 20,000 coins to spend. Thank you anyway!

Now having entered the EV scene I think I'm gonna join in on Echoes quest and beat Palmer2 to a senseless pulb! And then hopefully later on get a 100 streak...

Though I'm not really looking forward to this, I already predict some very frustrating moments from losing at battle 90 or something -_-

Though what should my team be... Defintely Garchomp/Salmence. I'm thinking the Broken Serene Grace Togekiss would be good (I know SixFortyFive will say good for it). But what would be good for the third spot? 645 used Gengar with Destiny Bond, but I'm afraid I'm gonna screw up using Destiny Bond or something. Metagross or Starmie?

Axis

Axis said:
alright i have some stuff i need to give away...17 boxes full :(

DD larvitars, DD/outrage larvitars, stone edge/earthquake larvitars, nasty plot togepi, substitute/baton pass/swords dance gligars, substitute nincadas, ice beam/DD/flamethrower dratinis, hydro pump/dragon dance bagon, flamethrower/dragon dance bagon, ice beam swablus, roost skarmory, stone edge/earthquake gibles

hopefully that's it...for a while. not asking for anything in return but if you have a useful TM you'd like to give away...i'll take it!]

edit: FC: 1591 6876 4222

still up for grabs. sorry if i passed out pretty early last night =/

Nayishiki

Axis said:
still up for grabs. sorry if i passed out pretty early last night =/

I'll take a Gible if you still have some. I'll give you a Cyndaquil with Extransensory/Flamethrower for it. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Axis

shykyoichi said:
Sure. Just tell me when you're finished. I'll just practice on shoddy.

on wifi in 3 minutes.

Nayishiki said:
I'll take a Gible if you still have some. I'll give you a Cyndaquil with Extransensory/Flamethrower for it. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

pretty sure you're added already...i'll be on wifi in a few.

Metroid Killer said:
Do you by chance have a Jolly Gible?

i'm almost 100% sure i don't but i can try to breed you one sometime today if you'd like

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Now having entered the EV scene I think I'm gonna join in on Echoes quest and beat Palmer2 to a senseless pulb! And then hopefully later on get a 100 streak...

Though I'm not really looking forward to this, I already predict some very frustrating moments from losing at battle 90 or something -_-

Though what should my team be... Defintely Garchomp/Salmence. I'm thinking the Broken Serene Grace Togekiss would be good (I know SixFortyFive will say good for it). But what would be good for the third spot? 645 used Gengar with Destiny Bond, but I'm afraid I'm gonna screw up using Destiny Bond or something. Metagross or Starmie?
I think it highly depends on your "ambition", you know? I just wanted to beat Palmer 2 (which is Battle 49). I'm sure my team will have problems later on, as I'm already facing unfavorable situations and dying a lot.

I like to lead with Primeape because he's fast and hits hard. His defenses are little so I give him a Focus Sash. If a Pokemon I'm sure I can't OHKO, I simply U-Turn to Starmie or Garchomp.

Starmie's moveset is the typical offensive with an Expert Belt. Garchomp must have Crunch because without, it's very difficult to KO Palmer2's Cresselia. A sword-danced Outrage didn't kill her. That's how much a wall she is.

And yet I'm losing, so I know my strategy isn't perfect. I may replace Primeape with Scizor, but I'll be losing in the Speed department.

Who thought it was a good idea that some pokemon are only available on one specific tree? I wasted 1 hour searching for a fucking Starly only to find out it's only on this one damn tree.

Axis said:
i'm almost 100% sure i don't but i can try to breed you one sometime today if you'd like
If you don't mind that would be awesome! I'm getting tired of grinding the E4 and with the increased 1.7 experience I would get from yours it's gonna save me quite some time.

Anything you want in return?

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
If you don't mind that would be awesome! I'm getting tired of grinding the E4 and with the increased 1.7 experience I would get from yours it's gonna save me quite some time.

Anything you want in return?

random tm would be fine...not picky. i'll PM you when it's ready :)

CoolS

So, I have two Master Balls. For which legendaries schould I use them? Latias? Entei & Raikou? Mewtwo? I seriously don't know.

And I don't know how I'll ever find thos elegendaries who are running around constantly :(

Echoes said:
And yet I'm losing, so I know my strategy isn't perfect. I may replace Primeape with Scizor, but I'll be losing in the Speed department.
Hmm it seems like a good strategy though. Primeape takes out Regigigas easily, Heatran in 2 hits unless it uses Explosion of course, and if Primeape goes down both Starmie and Garchomp can easily sweep what's left of Heatran...

Cresselia doesn't look that fun with its insane defenses and moonlight... How much does Primeape's U-turn do against it? Starmie seems to be toast against the Signal Beam. So yeah Garchomp with crunch is all that's left.... Hmm perhaps switching out Starmie with a Gengar or Tyranitar would help against Palmer2?

Edit: Oh it has Psychic, so Gengar is toast as well... But with Destiny Bond!

Wiseblade

Wouldn't Lucario do really well here? Close Combat rips Regigigigias and Heatran to shreds and Crunch makes Cresselia cry. With Starmie and Garchomp as support...

Wiseblade said:
Wouldn't Lucario do really well here? Close Combat rips Regigigigias and Heatran to shreds and Crunch makes Cresselia cry. With Starmie and Garchomp as support...
This is actually what I came up with as well(yay I figured out something that Wiseblade also thought of!!:D ), and am using it right now.

Edit: Well except that my Garchomp is of the wrong Nature and not EV trained... but I'll just use this as training for now.

Top Bottom