• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Adamm said:
I havent got to that part yet - im probably getting ahead of myself wanting to make it evolve :lol
But ill keep that in mind thanks :D
Buy lots of potions. Go to a route with the lowest level pokemons you can find. Have togepi first in your party and let it be hit, then run away, heal(+1 Happiness), rinse repeat.

Finalow

guys but where can i beat the rival again? The last battle against him was at moon mount, then i've fought with him against lance and clair ... that's all? :(

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
Buy lots of potions. Go to a route with the lowest level pokemons you can find. Have togepi first in your party and let it be hit, then run away, heal(+1 Happiness), rinse repeat.

let me know when you wanna go on wifi and get this gible

finalozzo said:
guys but where can i beat the rival again? The last battle against him was at moon mount, then i've fought with him against lance and clair ... that's all? :(
On Mondays and wednesdays he will challenge you before entering the E4

Axis said:
let me know when you wanna go on wifi and get this gible
I'll be on in 5 mins. Beating Lance last two pokemons.

Nayishiki

Can anyone help me transfer 6 pokemons from Platinum to Soul Silver? My Fcs are (Platinum) 1505 7817 2308 and (SoulSilver)3653 2713 6337.

Echoes

finalozzo said:
have you obtained all badges?
I'm 200 hours in, did everything you can imagine :lol (except filling the dex and BEATING PALMER)

Thanks guys, will change the clock to battle her now.

cory

Banned
I guess I don't really need grass if I'll have an Ampharos and a Typhlosion.
Murkrow and Poliwhirl are working out pretty good so far.
A Psychic Pokémon to round out the team?

Echoes

That's strange, couldn't find her in the Den. According to Serebii, I need to fight her in the Den before getting her number. Hmm.

Doodlebug

Hey, Kricketune isn't so bad. At least for a newbie. He'll make decent back-up at this early stage, and that's another entry in the Pokédex for me.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I used a Kricketune throughout my Platinum playthrough. He was competent until the Elite 4, at which point he was too underleveled to do anything before getting OHKOd.

survivor

Banned
Just beat Blue. His gym layout was very annoying, but at least it looked cool. The only downside was that his trump Pokemon was Pidgeot. I kinda expected to see one of the Kanto starters.

Firestorm

Can someone help me transfer one Pokemon? I'll give you a nice item in return if I have something you want.

Actually, if you have a Wobbuffet or any Pokemon with Destiny Bond I can just trade without needing to transfer.

Kyzer

Banned
Firestorm said:
Can someone help me transfer one Pokemon? I'll give you a nice item in return if I have something you want.

I'll help you, I'll I ask in return is a quick practice battle. =P

Firestorm

Kyzer said:
I'll help you, I'll I ask in return is a quick practice battle. =P
Hm ok >.>;

My HG FC: 3696-2833-0158
Pearl FC: 0988 8217 0077

I'm transferring from HG -> Pearl.

My battle team is now in HG so I guess I'll battle from there. This'll be my first WiFi battle in about two years =P

Firestorm

Kyzer said:
Yeah, sure. You don't have to battle if you don't want to lol I just wanted to
Well I'd rather pay you off with an item or Pokemon as it's faster, but if you really want to battle we can =P

Edit: I got disconnected =/ Try again?

Kyzer

Banned
Ohhhhhhhh

poop.

Yeah, it is. my only hacked poke. Farfetch'd. lol.

want something else? or you can just release it. man Im really sorry if i just messed up your whole game.

Firestorm

Well I hope that doesn't make the game detected as a hack =/ I've stayed away from random people specifically for that. I don't want to go down to Seattle and waste one of my days there at an event I can't participate in. Going online with Pearl now.

Kyzer

Banned
Firestorm said:
Well I hope that doesn't make the game detected as a hack =/ I've stayed away from random people specifically for that. I don't want to go down to Seattle and waste one of my days there at an event I can't participate in. Going online with Pearl now.

No, you should be fine. I can still get event pokes.

Again, sorry about that. I always catch the random pokes like that once I beat the game. I totally forgot that I even cheated in HG so far.

cory

Banned
Gotta Catch 'em All!
2csdo40.jpg

DarkKyo

I've used action replay on pearl to get a couple low level pokemon and then sent them over to Soulsilver... does this mean my silver will read as hacked?

Kyzer

Banned
cory said:
Gotta Catch 'em All!
2csdo40.jpg

XD Very efficient/

Dechaios said:
I've used action replay on pearl to get a couple low level pokemon and then sent them over to Soulsilver... does this mean my silver will read as hacked?

No. I don't think games can be "read" to see if you've ever hacked. Only individual Pokemon. Their location, EV spreads, stats, and abilities have to match up.

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
Oh sorry I assumed you were gonna trade with Firestorm, I can trade now if you are still there.

I didn't even notice he responded lol...do you still need a wobbu, firestorm? i have wynauts as well, up to you!

Kyzer

Banned
Okay, so I learned not to let a combo get set up while I'm asleep.\\

Thanks for the battle Fire, I'm still new at this.

Negator

El Sloth said:
Negator thanks for the practice battle man! Twas epic.

At the end man.:lol So wrong, but sooooo delicious.

Oh well, shit happens! That was almost like getting killed because you tripped in brawl :lol

Sixfortyfive

I'm up for some battles for the rest of the evening if anyone's around.

Firestorm said:
Dechaios said:
Axis said:
I didn't even notice he responded lol...do you still need a wobbu, firestorm? i have wynauts as well, up to you!

On Nintendo hack checks:

PokemonVGC said:
The use of external devices to alter the Pokémon in a player's party is expressly forbidden. Random checks will be performed throughout the tournament to determine whether or not an external device has been used to modify a player's party. Players found to have Pokémon that have been tampered with will be disqualified from the event, regardless of whether the player tampered with his or her game or received a Pokémon or item that was tampered with by someone other than the player. It is the player's responsibility to have legal Pokémon. Event officials have the final determination regarding the legality of a Pokémon.

A player should notify the staff immediately if he or she believes that there is a problem with an opponent's Pokémon. At the end of the round, all match results become final. Issues that go unreported until after the round has completed will not change the result of that match, regardless of whether there is a problem with an opponent's Pokémon.

Players and spectators are expected to demonstrate proper sportsmanship over the course of the event. A player may be disqualified from the event based on actions taken by friends or relatives who disrupt the operation of the tournament.
The rules seem to be worded rather specifically in that they only concern hacks performed on your VGC party. Doesn't seem to matter if anything is amiss with the rest of the game.

This is all hearsay, but I've heard that Nintendo won't prohibit the use of game cards that have received hacked Pokemon via trades, as if that was the case then pretty much everybody who has used the GTS semi-regularly would be DQed. Not sure if they have any way to check if you've hacked anything on your game card if you've been really careful about it.

Sixfortyfive

El Sloth said:
I'm up for a match Sixfortyfive.
Getting online. Bring your tourney team. :3

EDIT: This is weird. Do you normally have this problem? You try hosting the match this time.

EDIT 2: =/

EDIT 3: This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Do you have problems connecting with anyone else? I'm going to trade some stuff with JosM88 and then maybe try again.

Top Bottom