• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Today's password is...

Tackle!

Don't forget it!

:lol (I'm such a twelve year old)

finalozzo said:
hey guys, how can i take the mt sword dance, sobstitute and reflect? No breeding :/

Wut?

finalozzo said:
wut wat? :lol The moves sword dance, reflect and sobstitute. How can i take this moves?

Reflect(TM33) can be bought for 2000 poke dollars at the Goldenrod Dept. Store

Substitute(TM90) can be bought for 2000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner

Sword Dance(TM75) can be bought for 4000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner

Nothing feels better than to Close Combat with Lucario against a team of 3 normals! Fuck yeah! :D

Also got the Shiny Leaf Crown earlier today, so I just need to fill the pokedex and geat a 100 battle streak at the Battle Tower to fill out my Trainer Card

Echoes

Wow, yeah, thinking about it now and it seems Lucario would do very well.

Here's my moveset: Swords Dance, Crunch, Extremespeed, Close Combat. Holding Focus Sash. Ability: Steadfast (not Inner Focus).

A lot of you might disagree about my choices but, a Focus Sash will let me endure a hit and do a Swords Dance, and then attempt to sweep with my moves. Ice- or Thunder Punch might be good replacing SD, though. The ability would be good as it will raise my Speed upon facing a Fake Out, which are common in the tower. Inner Focus might be better, but I like Steadfast.

Yeah, I think Lucario > Primeape in this regard. While I don't have a U-Turn, that's totally acceptable as Crunch beats Punishment (just OHKO Haunter with it; Punishment never OHKO anything), and Extremespeed is so nice because more often than not you will leave a foe with little to no HP, so a priority move is the best in this situation.

Edit: A word of advice, lead with Garchomp for Palmer2 round. Reason is, if he started with Heatran then your Lucario is pretty much dead, even with a Focus Sash. He holds a Focus Sash, so a CC won't kill him. However, his Magma Storm (or whatever the move is) hits twice in the turn. Once when he uses it, and then before ending the turn (just like Fire Spin), therefore you won't stand a chance.

Prowled through the first 3 rounds and Palmer1 easily. Lucario and Starmie are both awesome pokemons for the Battle Tower. However my Garchomp is disappointing me at times and I'm even using Choice Band on it now compared to other times I've used this Garchomp here, I guess I'm just unlucky and have faced a lot of defense walls or something.

Gonna take a break from the Tower for now... Though there are some things I don't understand about streaks and using the same pokemon.

Yesterday I wanted to test my Drapion in combat and teamed it together with Garchomp and Starmie for a Battle Tower run. I noticed that the first couple of battles were pretty tough, with strong stage 2 pokemon all over the place. When I then won the 7th battle I got 5 Battle Points instead of the usual 3 BP... I have never used a Drapion in the Battle Tower before, so I must have picked up from a previous run or something?(previous team was Garchomp, Starmie and Mamoswine).

You can't change your team or you'll lose your streak, right? Howcome I got 5 BP instead of 3? What can I change between rounds? Held items? Moves? Can I changed my Garchomp into a Garchomp I got from a friend??

CoolS said:
So, I have two Master Balls. For which legendaries schould I use them? Latias? Entei & Raikou? Mewtwo? I seriously don't know.

And I don't know how I'll ever find thos elegendaries who are running around constantly :(

Don't bother using it on any legendary, you can reset at any stationary one and the roaming ones are far easier to run into in HG/SS than G/S/C.

Save them for shiny Pokemon, just think how much you'll rue using your Master Balls when you run into a shiny Pokemon with Roar/Whirlwind/Self Destruct/Explode or you run out of balls.

Doodlebug

PokéGAF, does Kricketot get better at higher levels? I have one at just level 9, and I was hoping she'd get another move soon. The only ones available currently are Growl and Bide.

I could've searched on the 'net for the answer, but I don't want to spoil much for myself. I'm fairly new to this. I'm having fun, though.

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Prowled through the first 3 rounds and Palmer1 easily. Lucario and Starmie are both awesome pokemons for the Battle Tower. However my Garchomp is disappointing me at times and I'm even using Choice Band on it now compared to other times I've used this Garchomp here, I guess I'm just unlucky and have faced a lot of defense walls or something.

Gonna take a break from the Tower for now... Though there are some things I don't understand about streaks and using the same pokemon.

Yesterday I wanted to test my Drapion in combat and teamed it together with Garchomp and Starmie for a Battle Tower run. I noticed that the first couple of battles were pretty tough, with strong stage 2 pokemon all over the place. When I then won the 7th battle I got 5 Battle Points instead of the usual 3 BP... I have never used a Drapion in the Battle Tower before, so I must have picked up from a previous run or something?(previous team was Garchomp, Starmie and Mamoswine).

You can't change your team or you'll lose your streak, right? Howcome I got 5 BP instead of 3? What can I change between rounds? Held items? Moves? Can I changed my Garchomp into a Garchomp I got from a friend??
You can change anything between rounds, it will continue your streak. Moves, items, order of Pokes, Pokes, anything :D

vhfive

Doodlebug said:
PokéGAF, does Kricketot get better at higher levels? I have one at just level 9, and I was hoping she'd get another move soon. The only ones available currently are Growl and Bide.

I could've searched on the 'net for the answer, but I don't want to spoil much for myself. I'm fairly new to this. I'm having fun, though.
It'll evolve at lvl 10 but still suck. It doesn't learn any decent attack moves until lvl 26. For future reference bug pokemon generally suck. You're better off dropping it for something els (or at least stop leveling it until you find a different pokemon).

Echoes said:
You can change anything between rounds, it will continue your streak. Moves, items, order of Pokes, Pokes, anything :D
o_O ok it doesn't make things easier, but having just beat palmer1 with both starmie and garchomp not EVtrained and wrong natures, I think I'm gonna wait till I get the perfect pokes.

Doodlebug

vhfive said:
It'll evolve at lvl 10 but still suck. It doesn't learn any decent attack moves until lvl 26. For future reference bug pokemon generally suck. You're better off dropping it for something els (or at least stop leveling it until you find a different pokemon).

Thanks. Once it evolves I'll continue leveling the others I have.

Shiggie

Doodlebug said:

decide for yourself:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/402.shtml
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kricketune
(It seems good just for in game stuff but a no no for completive stuff)

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Timid or Modest Starmie? Speed or Power? I can't decide... I'm gonna use Expert Belt on it as well
Mine is Modest and has good speed. However, go with Timid. You want to outspeed another Starmie and kill her with a Thunderbolt.

Echoes said:
Mine is Modest and has good speed. However, go with Timid. You want to outspeed another Starmie and kill her with a Thunderbolt.
Ok so to cut time I'm gonna ask if anyone is willing to breed me a Timid Staryu with Natural Cure. Bonus points for having Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam passed down.

I have the Japanese Version which means it'll gain 1.7x exp. Tell me what you want and I'll most likely be able to breed it and voila!

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
Ok so to cut time I'm gonna ask if anyone is willing to breed me a Timid Staryu with Natural Cure. Bonus points for having Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam passed down.

I have the Japanese Version which means it'll gain 1.7x exp. Tell me what you want and I'll most likely be able to breed it and voila!

pretty sure you can't pass down moves on staryu(asexual)

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
But I just did ;-)

I'm thinking on giving you Psychic or Thunderbolt for the Gible, would that be fine or is there another TM you'd rather want?

either works...i have 0 psychic and 2 thunderbolts right now so psychic, i suppose!

Finalow

Metroid Killer said:
Reflect(TM33) can be bought for 2000 poke dollars at the Goldenrod Dept. Store

Substitute(TM90) can be bought for 2000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner

Sword Dance(TM75) can be bought for 4000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner
thanks but holy shit, the game with the voltorb is awful, really :/

Axis said:
does anyone have a few facade tm's?(even just one) i'll give you whatever you want for them/it
I have 1 you can have, but then you better damn give me that Jolly Gible :lol
and some trash pokemon so that you can get Psychic as well

Axis

Metroid Killer said:
I have 1 you can have, but then you better damn give me that Jolly Gible :lol
and some trash pokemon so that you can get Psychic as well

k i'll pm you...hopefully within the hour it'll be done.

^I'm not in a hurry so don't rush it, I'll be here the rest of the day basically.
finalozzo said:
thanks but holy shit, the game with the voltorb is awful, really :/
I can give them to you if you want(Substitute and SDance)? Don't need anything in return

Echoes

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK THIS SHIT!

Leafeon Curse
Lucario Swords Dance
Lucario CC - miss
Curse
CC - miss
Curse
CC - miss
Leaf Blade, but Lucario holds on to his 'Sash
CC - MISS!!!

The fuck?

I won anyway, using the godsend Starmie. Piece of fucking broken shit.

Metroid Killer said:

I think I have a Timid Staryu! Problem is, I'm at work >.< will be home after8 hours or so.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'll be around for battles for the next 2 hours if anyone wants to play.

EDIT: In just one minute. Have to take care of something first.

Nayishiki

Metroid Killer said:

Your Staryu is ready.

Nayishiki

Metroid Killer said:
You're fast! Anything specific in return? If not you can always ask me for something.

My fc if you don't have it: 5156-4291-4002

No I don't need anything in return. Your Fc is still in my pal pad.

Nayishiki said:
No I don't need anything in return. Your Fc is still in my pal pad.
The perfect Staryu that I needed: Check! All 4 moves that I want for it. Check! Fucking water stone attached to it. Check! o_Õ

Stop being so nice Nayishiki! It's too much! I can't take it anymore!

Echoes

My first loss with Lucario. EVERYTHING was designed to counter me.

Arcanine 2HKO Lucario
Granbull OHKO Starmie with Thunder Punch
Tauros 2HKO Garchomp with... Outrage? Didn't even know this little fucker could learn Outrage! :lol

The most cheating piece of shit in the gaming industry.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Echoes, I want to see what team you were using for the tournament. :3

Battle me while I wait for xSL4INx to look at his inbox. >_>

Echoes said:
My first loss with Lucario. EVERYTHING was designed to counter me.

Arcanine 2HKO Lucario
Granbull OHKO Starmie with Thunder Punch
Tauros 2HKO Garchomp with... Outrage? Didn't even know this little fucker could learn Outrage! :lol

The most cheating piece of shit in the gaming industry.
I sure am looking forward to the fun time I'm gonna have in the Tower... huh, why was it that I chose to do this?

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:
Echoes, I want to see what team you were using for the tournament. :3

Battle me while I wait for xSL4INx to look at his inbox. >_>
I'm at work :( won't be home until 7 hours later.

Edit: I uploaded my battle against MK if you wanna see it. We're both down now so it's ok I think? (though I know you wanna see me battle you with it ^^)

cory

Banned
Just caught an Exeggcute from a headbutted tree. Would Exeggcute/Exeggutor be a better grass option than Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff?

Finalow

Metroid Killer said:
I can give them to you if you want(Substitute and SDance)? Don't need anything in return
ok, thank you very much. Yes substitue and Sdance.
my friend code: 3009 0793 4853

One question: the last battle at the tower is against the (fucking :lol) palmer?

Adamm

HenryGale said:
So I'm looking at upping my togepi, got him a few levels up from the pokewalker, just not sure what the easiest way to make him happy is.

Yes, id like to know this also - My Togepi is level 16 at the moment

Echoes

finalozzo: yes, Palmer is in there :p
Adamm said:
Yes, id like to know this also - My Togepi is level 16 at the moment
What I do is let Togepi the first in the party while holding Soothe Bell, and just walk around Goldenrod downwards to the breeding route and vice versa, for 30 minutes. Then check its happiness. Usually that will get her to max. I evolved mine at Lv6.

cory said:
Just caught an Exeggcute from a headbutted tree. Would Exeggcute/Exeggutor be a better grass option than Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff?
They are kinda the complete opposite. Exeggcutor has slow speed, but great attack and HP, whereas Jumpluff has Great speed, ok defense and bad attack.

With Sunny Day you can double Exeggcutor's speed(if it has the ability Chlorophyll) and then it's as fast as Jumpluff. Exeggcutor also has the most weaknesses in the game... So it kinda depends on what you are gonna use it for.

Edit:
finalozzo said:
i'm in the room.
Ah, sorry I'm just about to finish beating the E4, it'll take around 5-10 mins though.

Adamm

Echoes said:
finalozzo: yes, Palmer is in there :p

What I do is let Togepi the first in the party while holding Soothe Bell, and just walk around Goldenrod downwards to the breeding route and vice versa, for 30 minutes. Then check its happiness. Usually that will get her to max. I evolved mine at Lv6.

I havent got to that part yet - im probably getting ahead of myself wanting to make it evolve :lol
But ill keep that in mind thanks :D

Top Bottom