• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

cvxfreak said:
Platinum made Diamond/Pearl virtually unplayable for me. That pair hasn't aged well at all. Meanwhile, I could easily go back and play either Ruby or Sapphire in spite of Emerald's existence.

Really? Even after getting Platinum I was still playing and still am playing Diamond and Pearl. I guess I just felt I had done everything and got addicted to it. That being said, Ive still only made it to the fourth badge of Platinum shelving it for HeartGold >.<

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Anyone have an extra Arceus or Dialga they'd be willing to trade away? I picked up Soul Silver some weeks back, and I'm totally addicted again. Damn you Pokemon!

upandaway

SoulPlaya said:
Anyone have an extra Arceus or Dialga they'd be willing to trade away? I picked up Soul Silver some weeks back, and I'm totally addicted again. Damn you Pokemon!
Yeah. I just found my Platinum and Diamond again and they have a bunch of Pokemon in doubles. My number thing is 0818 4426 4129

If anyone could give me one of those shiny Raikous or the event Celebi that can do the time travel event, hopefully I'll be able to give you something back for it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
upandaway said:
Yeah. I just found my Platinum and Diamond again and they have a bunch of Pokemon in doubles. My number thing is 0818 4426 4129

If anyone could give me one of those shiny Raikous or the event Celebi that can do the time travel event, hopefully I'll be able to give you something back for it.
Thanks man! I'll post my FC in a few hours when I get home.
EDIT: PM sent!

btkadams

upandaway said:

whaaat? really?

i have an extra raikou and entei shiny.

do you have any extra duplicates of these?
• Regigigas
• Regice
• Regirock
• Registeel
• Darkrai
• Shaymin
• Arceus
• Manaphy
• Deoxys

lol i'm not expecting you to give me all (if any), i just am really dying for these. i don't have celebi, but gamestop is giving away a celebi at the end of this month.

does anyone who clones pokes have any of these? i've seen arceus being asked for in both this and the pokemon black/white thread so it's popular i guess. i suppose it unlocks a few pokemon in soul silver/heart gold so that would make sense. i'd love an arceus or the regi's.

upandaway

SoulPlaya said:
Thanks man! I'll post my FC in a few hours when I get home.
EDIT: PM sent!
Got it.

btkadams:
I got doubles of:
Regis
Regigigas
Manaphy
And Arceus... which I'm already giving for the other dude. Sorry about that.

Can you give me the shiny Raikou right now? And prepare an extra Celebi when you get it? If so, just wait till I'm done with the other guy (and give me your number thing)

Edit: going to sleep, PM me or somethin

btkadams

upandaway said:
Got it.

btkadams:
I got doubles of:
Regis
Regigigas
Manaphy
And Arceus... which I'm already giving for the other dude. Sorry about that.

Can you give me the shiny Raikou right now? And prepare an extra Celebi when you get it? If so, just wait till I'm done with the other guy (and give me your number thing)

Edit: going to sleep, PM me or somethin

pm sent!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Finally home from work. So does anyone have an event Raikou from last week that they could trade me? Mush, or someone else? I would be most appreciative.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Trying again tonight... Does anyone have an event Raikou from last week that they could trade? I don't have much to trade in return, but I do have a TRU Manaphy or a TRU Shaymin that I'd be willing to give up if push came to shove.

Nayishiki

Cocopjojo said:
Trying again tonight... Does anyone have an event Raikou from last week that they could trade? I don't have much to trade in return, but I do have a TRU Manaphy or a TRU Shaymin that I'd be willing to give up if push came to shove.

I have one my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

btkadams said:
whaaat? really?

i have an extra raikou and entei shiny.

do you have any extra duplicates of these?
• Regigigas
• Regice
• Regirock
• Registeel
• Darkrai
• Shaymin
• Arceus
• Manaphy
• Deoxys

lol i'm not expecting you to give me all (if any), i just am really dying for these. i don't have celebi, but gamestop is giving away a celebi at the end of this month.

does anyone who clones pokes have any of these? i've seen arceus being asked for in both this and the pokemon black/white thread so it's popular i guess. i suppose it unlocks a few pokemon in soul silver/heart gold so that would make sense. i'd love an arceus or the regi's.

If you still need them I can give you Arceus, Shaymin, Deoxys, Darkrai and Regigigas.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Nayishiki said:
Dude, you're a lifesaver. My FC is 3352 0373 9659. I'm ready to trade whenever you are. Do you want either of the Pokemon I named?

Nayishiki

Cocopjojo said:
Dude, you're a lifesaver. My FC is 3352 0373 9659. I'm ready to trade whenever you are. Do you want either of the Pokemon I named?

I'm ready to trade. I already have a full pokedex so I'll take anything.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that was quick! You rock, Nayishiki. Seriously, thanks. :)

btkadams

Nayishiki said:

If you still need them I can give you Arceus, Shaymin, Deoxys, Darkrai and Regigigas.
thanks dude!

oh and in case upandaway sees this and is confused, i only traded for Arceus, Shaymin, Deoxys, and Darkrai, so our deal is still on when our schedules line up.

xSL4INx

Does anyone have a spare Ash's Pikachu? I've got some Japanese ones but never made it out to Toys 'R Us to get one. I've got multiples of all the shiny dogs among other things to offer....

OMG Aero

Game are going to be doing the Celebi event in the UK this weekend and next, making it the first time we can actually get Celebi legally without having to trade with other countries. Store locations and dates here

None of the events are in my town
5zmIx.gif

Does anyone else run into the same problem I have?

I bought Soul Silver on launch day, and I was incredibly hyped. The original Silver is my favorite Pokemon game, and these are pretty damn substantial remakes

Cut to two weeks later, I've beaten the Johto Elite 4, and I haven't played since.

Why? Because now that I know the ins and outs of the metagame, I feel like I'm wasting my time playing through single player with my Pokemon unless I breed for the correct nature and then EV train them. My plan was to raise a legitimate team before starting in on the next part of the game, but I never had the will to do it. Breeding and EV training is so goddam tedious. But plowing through just to finish the game, and ending up with worthless throwaway pokemon after the entirety of your quest is over isn't appealing either. I don't even play competitively, so it really doesn't matter. But at the same time knowing my team is really shitty, even if they are high leveled and easily able to cut down any opponent in single player, sucks the satisfaction out of it

It also doesn't help that I found it to be quite a bit easier to EV train in Platinum. Anyway with the release of Black and White imminent I'm really hoping to finish SS up. We'll see.

I also hope there are better EV spots in B&W. Can anyone who has imported comment on that?

Matchew

Can someone help me out. I beat red and got my Kanto starter from Oak, but when I go see Steven at Silph Co. he isn't there. I even went by to the pokemon fan club to see if he as there, maybe I missed him there, but he wasn't. Do I have to something else to get my Hoenn starter?

Zzoram

Is Soul Silver better than Platinum? Is it the best Pokemon game? Has anyone who's played the imported Black/White seen if those are better than Soul Silver?

Matchew

I can't speak for Black/White, but out of all the others SS/HG are the best Pokemon games I ever played. I'm pretty hyped for B/W

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
Is Soul Silver better than Platinum? Is it the best Pokemon game? Has anyone who's played the imported Black/White seen if those are better than Soul Silver?

How do you define "better"? Personally, I think Platinum is probably the best in the series pre-BW, but HGSS are right there with it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zzoram said:

SoulSilver is the best game from the first four gens. Can't speak for B/W.

Zzoram

Gravijah said:
Haha, well it's so subjective... Are you looking to pick one of them up or are you just curious what people think?

I'm curious. Every now and then I get an itch for Pokemon but it's gotten so complex I'm not sure I could easily get back into it. Still, Pokemon is an awesome game and I may get one for DS at some point. I haven't used my DS Lite in years.

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
I'm curious. Every now and then I get an itch for Pokemon but it's gotten so complex I'm not sure I could easily get back into it. Still, Pokemon is an awesome game and I may get one for DS at some point. I haven't used my DS Lite in years.

If you've played Gold and Silver, it's hard not to recommend HGSS for the nostalgia values, though if you want to jump in with a "clean slate", I'd probably pick up Black or White. Also, Pokemon is only as complex as you make it.

Zzoram

Gravijah said:
If you've played Gold and Silver, it's hard not to recommend HGSS for the nostalgia values, though if you want to jump in with a "clean slate", I'd probably pick up Black or White. Also, Pokemon is only as complex as you make it.

I've only ever finished Pokemon Red for Gameboy. I borrowed a friend's Diamond for a few days but didn't get very far and gave it back because I was too busy to play at the time. Some of the stuff in Diamond was pretty overwhelming, but I did leap from the first game to Gen 4.

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
I've only ever finished Pokemon Red for Gameboy. I borrowed a friend's Diamond for a few days but didn't get very far and gave it back because I was too busy to play at the time. Some of the stuff in Diamond was pretty overwhelming, but I did leap from the first game to Gen 4.

Well, there really is no "wrong" choice. Since you've finished Red though, Soul Silver is pretty easy to recommend.

OMG Aero

I think the general consensus is that HG/SS has the best interface out of all the games so far and is good if you have nostalgia for the original games, but Platinum is all around the better game since HG/SS will require a significant amount of grinding at some point whereas Platinum is balanced so that you'll hardly have to do it.

At this point I would just wait for B/W though, everything I've heard says they are better than HG/SS and Platinum.

The issues I have with HG/SS are the limited number of Pokemon pre-E4 (Geodude and Zubats in every cave) and the uneven levels (in Kanto the wild Pokemon are ridiculously low in level). Platinum has more variety IMO, and I think the gyms and puzzles are also much better designed.

Anth0ny

Ok, I need help.

So is it fucking impossible to get a female Combee or what? I've hatched about 30 eggs and they've all been male. Am I better off trying to catch one via the tree? Stupid Vespiquen is not worth all this trouble.

Also, Cranidos. I get the skull fossil from underground, right? Is there a specific place I need to go? Cause I've been down there for hours and can't seem to find any fossils. And yes I have the national dex.

Finally, Glameow. I own about every Pokemon game but Pearl, and this fuck is confined to that game. For some reason the GTS won't let me trade for her, so if anyone has a spare, let me know. Same with Chikorita, no-one picks her, and you can't even see her in the games, so I can't do GTS even if I tried.

Shaymin and Arceus haven't been given out, right? Is there gonna be an event in the future or what? I'd imagine the focus will be on BW now.

With those bolded Pokemon above, I will complete my Pokedex. wooooot.

Nayishiki

Osuwari said:
do you still have an Arceus left? that's the only poke i can't get in the DPt dex.

Yes I can give you one, My FC is 3653 2713 6337
Anth0ny said:
Ok, I need help.

Finally, Glameow. I own about every Pokemon game but Pearl, and this fuck is confined to that game. For some reason the GTS won't let me trade for her, so if anyone has a spare, let me know. Same with Chikorita, no-one picks her, and you can't even see her in the games, so I can't do GTS even if I tried.

With those bolded Pokemon above, I will complete my Pokedex. wooooot.

I can give you Glameow and Chikorita.

btkadams

im training to beat red. do you think it will be possible to beat him with this team:

1. Arceus - lvl 100
2. Feraligatr - lvl 74
3. Typhlosion - lvl 75
4. Dragonite - lvl 72
5. Electabuzz - lvl 72
6. low level hm slave

im just getting so tired of playing through the elite four to train lol. i'd assume arceus could take them all out as long as i revived him and potioned him with the other team members.

Gravijah

btkadams said:
im training to beat red. do you think it will be possible to beat him with this team:

1. Arceus - lvl 100
2. Feraligatr - lvl 74
3. Typhlosion - lvl 75
4. Dragonite - lvl 72
5. Electabuzz - lvl 72
6. low level hm slave

im just getting so tired of playing through the elite four to train lol. i'd assume arceus could take them all out as long as i revived him and potioned him with the other team members.

Haha, he should be easy as heck with that team.

Boogiepop

Finally getting into the post E4 part of this game in anticipation of B/W.
Also... I'm finally nearing the finish with the pokewalker. I'll certainly have all the courses unlocked by the time B/W come out, not counting event ones of course.

Anth0ny said:
Ok, I need help.

So is it fucking impossible to get a female Combee or what? I've hatched about 30 eggs and they've all been male. Am I better off trying to catch one via the tree? Stupid Vespiquen is not worth all this trouble.

Also, Cranidos. I get the skull fossil from underground, right? Is there a specific place I need to go? Cause I've been down there for hours and can't seem to find any fossils. And yes I have the national dex.

Shaymin and Arceus haven't been given out, right? Is there gonna be an event in the future or what? I'd imagine the focus will be on BW now.
For Cranidos, it depends on your trainer ID number. You can only get fossils for either Cranidos or Shieldon, depending on whether you have an odd or even ID. You must have an even ID number, so you wouldn't have been able to find a Skull Fossil.

Anyway, I have both a Cranidos and a female Combee to trade, in exchange for a Smeargle and a Treecko.

FC: 1074-7345-1906

btkadams

wow i finally beat red in my soul silver game. my hours are clocked at 99:39. what a great game! can't wait for black/white.

EDIT: so what is unlocked after beating red? i just got the kanto starter from oak but i'm not sure what else there is.

EDIT 2: got hoenn starter from silph guy, got the orb from mr pokemon, and got groudon. i'm assuming that's all aside from the battle frontier?

Matchew

btkadams said:
wow i finally beat red in my soul silver game. my hours are clocked at 99:39. what a great game! can't wait for black/white.

EDIT: so what is unlocked after beating red? i just got the kanto starter from oak but i'm not sure what else there is.

EDIT 2: got hoenn starter from silph guy, got the orb from mr pokemon, and got groudon. i'm assuming that's all aside from the battle frontier?

Dammit how did you get your Hoenn starter? I ask above but no one reply, when I go see Steven at Silph Co. he isn't there. Should I have seen him some where else? I can't even find him at the pokemon fan club. WTF, Steven does not exist in my SS.

btkadams

SFGamer said:
Dammit how did you get your Hoenn starter? I ask above but no one reply, when I go see Steven at Silph Co. he isn't there. Should I have seen him some where else? I can't even find him at the pokemon fan club. WTF, Steven does not exist in my SS.
after beating red, i went to see professor oak in pallet town. he gave me the kanto starter. then i went to saffron city and on the main floor i walked to the desk at the right side of the room and there was a guy standing on my side of the counter. i talked to him and he gave me the hoenn starter. i'm assuming that's steven? i took a HUGE break with this game so i don't remember meeting him earlier in the game.

PS: i got mudkip (by answering blue something to his question). if you want to get one of the other starters we could trade and then we'd just need the 3rd one.

Top Bottom