• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

risk

SFGamer said:
Dammit how did you get your Hoenn starter? I ask above but no one reply, when I go see Steven at Silph Co. he isn't there. Should I have seen him some where else? I can't even find him at the pokemon fan club. WTF, Steven does not exist in my SS.
I had this problem as well. Beat
Red
first. You have to go to the Copy Cat house, which is to the left of the Silph Co. building in Saffron city and talk to the girl that's missing her Clefairy(?) doll on the second floor. Go to the Vermillion Pokemon Fanclub and talk to the guy next to the doll, he'll say he feels bad for her and gives it back. Right when you leave that house, Steven will come out and talk to you about Latios/Latias. That's when Steven will be in the Silph Co. building.

Matchew

risk said:
I had this problem as well. You have to go to the Copy Cat house, which is to the left of the Silph Co. building in Saffron city and talk to the girl that's missing her Clefairy(?) doll on the second floor. Go to the Vermillion Pokemon Fanclub and talk to the guy next to the doll, he'll say he feels bad for her and gives it back. Right when you leave that house, Steven will come out and talk to you about Latios/Latias. That's when Steven will be in the Silph Co. building.

Thank you, I will try this.

Teknoman

I hope the composers for the main series end up working on the rumored Wii game soundtrack. Would be crazy to see what they could do if given the chance to create a soundtrack on par with Mario Galaxy or hopefully Skyward Sword.

I guess i'm trying to see i'd like to hear original orchestral(?) Pokemon music. Especially after hearing the Ecruteak, Ho-oh battle, Entei battle, and National park themes.

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
I hope the composers for the main series end up working on the rumored Wii game soundtrack. Would be crazy to see what they could do if given the chance to create a soundtrack on par with Mario Galaxy or hopefully Skyward Sword.

I guess i'm trying to see i'd like to hear original orchestral(?) Pokemon music. Especially after hearing the Ecruteak, Ho-oh battle, Entei battle, and National park themes.

Gotta have the electronic and rock influenced themes, too! But I'm the crazy guy who would be happy with the entire SMG soundtrack sounding like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucsc3QDO6OY.

...this makes me happy, too. :p

Edit: Is the last of the legendary trio on Wi-Fi yet?

Teknoman

Gravijah said:
Gotta have the electronic and rock influenced themes, too! But I'm the crazy guy who would be happy with the entire SMG soundtrack sounding like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucsc3QDO6OY.

...this makes me happy, too. :p

Edit: Is the last of the legendary trio on Wi-Fi yet?

Oh yeah those were great too (especially when the beat drops into the Bouldergiest fight). Thats why I put the question mark behind orchestral...I guess I just mean a soundtrack on the same level of variation as Galaxy. PBR's themes were cool imo, but they all sounded a little...samey?

EDIT: Kinda hoping the B/W Global Terminal theme sounds as great as HG/SS. Its only one room but reminds me of something from PSO / something from old school Sega for some reason. Actually, Mario Kart's wi-fi menu does too.

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
Oh yeah those were great too. Thats why I put the question mark behind orchestral...I guess I just mean a soundtrack on the same level of variation as Galaxy. PBR's themes were cool imo, but they all sounded a little...samey?

Yeah, I haven't played PBR. I assume you've listened to the awesome anime renditions of Pokemon themes?

Boogiepop

Heh, just BARELY managed a win against Red this weekend using a mid-70s Feraligatr and a mid-50s Ampharos. Took a lot of items, some a little bit of luck, and a good chunk of time, but I beat him without needing to grind. :)

Teknoman

Heh I guess not :D Just completely forgot about it. Looking back...seems kinda barebones at the front, at least compared to the other appreciation threads.

I kinda want to do a revival thread ( a new one, especially since we've got a new set of juniors and B/W is almost here)...

EDIT: Maybe Pokemon music appreciation R-2 heh.

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
Heh I guess not :D Just completely forgot about it. Looking back...seems kinda barebones at the front, at least compared to the other appreciation threads.

I kinda want to do a revival thread ( a new one, especially since we've got a new set of juniors and B/W is almost here)...

EDIT: Maybe Pokemon music appreciation R-2 heh.

Been two years, time for a new one! Just keep it BW music free, so I can actually post in it!

Damn blackouts. :(

Teknoman

Gravijah said:
Been two years, time for a new one! Just keep it BW music free, so I can actually post in it!

Damn blackouts. :(

No problem, i've only spoiled wild and trainer battle themes for myself, but I want everything else to be fresh.

Articalys

Gravijah said:
Hopefully it has more of the DPPt songs. The first didn't have very many.
Well, looking at the track listing is largely useless, though on the second disc there are a handful of tracks marked "2006-2010(DP)" along with what appear to be three versions of Dawn's character song "By Your Side".

Izayoi

Banned
I'd say after the US launch of BW there should be another Pokemon music appreciation thread, because a lot of the Gen V stuff is mindblowingly amazing.

I'm about to go buy Gold or Silver in the next 30 minutes. I went for Gold back in the day, because I wanted a level 70 Lugia. Which version do you guys think I should pick up?

Gravijah

CurseoftheGods said:
I'm about to go buy Gold or Silver in the next 30 minutes. I went for Gold back in the day, because I wanted a level 70 Lugia. Which version do you guys think I should pick up?

Doesn't matter too much unless you want another level 70 Lugia!

Izayoi

Banned
CurseoftheGods said:
Well, you catch both in both versions so unless you're really lazy and don't want to bother leveling Lugia up it doesn't really matter. Who do you like more, Lugia or Ho-Oh?

In any case, I ended up getting Soul Silver first because Mawile is my favorite Pokemon and she's exclusive to that version.

Izayoi said:
Well, you catch both in both versions so unless you're really lazy and don't want to bother leveling Lugia up it doesn't really matter. Who do you like more, Lugia or Ho-Oh?

In any case, I ended up getting Soul Silver first because Mawile is my favorite Pokemon and she's exclusive to that version.

I like Lugia more.

Izayoi

Banned
CurseoftheGods said:
I like Lugia more.
Well, I would get Soul Silver, then.

You get to spend far more time with it than you would in Heart Gold. Plus, your moveset choices aren't going to be so limited.

OMG Aero

So before Black and White come out, I've kinda been on a mission to complete the Pokedex in Soul Silver. Instead of just having owned all the Pokemon at some point though, I want to have one of every Pokemon in my PC box at the same time, so that when I complete White and can transfer over from the old games I don't have to bother completing the old Pokedex again by evolving and breeding.
Problem is that there are some Pokemon that I just flat out can't get in Soul Silver, so I was wondering if anyone could trade me any of them across, in return I can give you an egg of almost any Pokemon. Here are the Pokemon I need:

Chikorita family
Porygon2
Treeko family
Torchic family
Zangoose
Lunatone
Solrock
Corphish family
Baltoy family
Anorith family
Feebas family
Spheal family
Turtwig family
Chimchar family
Piplup family
Shieldon family
Pachirisu
Shellos family
Glameow family
Stunky family
Skorupi family
Croagunk family
Finneon family
Weavile
Magnezone
Rhyperior
Leafeon
Glaceon

If it says family next to a Pokemon, that means I need any Pokemon in that evolution line. The higher levelled the better since it would save me grinding to evolve, but I'm perfectly fine with eggs or level 1 Pokemon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Just got my Celebi from GameStop!

Also preordered White from Best Buy. $10 in Reward Zone certificates is too good to pass up. Even with tax it comes out cheaper than Amazon where I'd normally preorder. :) Victini, you're mine!

Izayoi

Banned
OMG Aero said:
So before Black and White come out, I've kinda been on a mission to complete the Pokedex in Soul Silver. Instead of just having owned all the Pokemon at some point though, I want to have one of every Pokemon in my PC box at the same time, so that when I complete White and can transfer over from the old games I don't have to bother completing the old Pokedex again by evolving and breeding.
Problem is that there are some Pokemon that I just flat out can't get in Soul Silver, so I was wondering if anyone could trade me any of them across, in return I can give you an egg of almost any Pokemon. Here are the Pokemon I need:

Chikorita family
Porygon2
Treeko family
Torchic family
Zangoose
Lunatone
Solrock
Corphish family
Baltoy family
Anorith family
Feebas family
Spheal family
Turtwig family
Chimchar family
Piplup family
Shieldon family
Pachirisu
Shellos family
Glameow family
Stunky family
Skorupi family
Croagunk family
Finneon family
Weavile
Magnezone
Rhyperior
Leafeon
Glaceon

If it says family next to a Pokemon, that means I need any Pokemon in that evolution line. The higher levelled the better since it would save me grinding to evolve, but I'm perfectly fine with eggs or level 1 Pokemon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
I can help you.

Give me a second to go through what I've got. I'll mark it and get back to you shortly.

Edit: For the trade Pokemon, do you already have the items necessary? We could just trade back and forth for those if you've got the prevos.

Edit edit: Here's what I've got on Soul Silver.

*Treeko Egg
*Corphish Egg
*Baltoy Egg
*Anorith Egg
*Spheel Egg
Turtwig
*Chimchar Egg
Piplup
Shieldon
*Stunky Egg
*Finneon Egg

Anything with a star means I've got to breed it first so it will take some time. Let me go check my other versions.

Platinum:

*Croagunk Egg
Pachirisu
Shellos
*Skorupi Egg

And that's it, it looks like... Hm... I could've sworn I had more. Oh well. Let me know if you're interested.

OMG Aero

Izayoi said:
I can help you.

Give me a second to go through what I've got. I'll mark it and get back to you shortly.

Edit: For the trade Pokemon, do you already have the items necessary? We could just trade back and forth for those if you've got the prevos.

Edit edit: Here's what I've got on Soul Silver.

*Treeko Egg
*Corphish Egg
*Baltoy Egg
*Anorith Egg
*Spheel Egg
Turtwig
*Chimchar Egg
Piplup
Shieldon
*Stunky Egg
*Finneon Egg

Anything with a star means I've got to breed it first so it will take some time. Let me go check my other versions.

Platinum:

*Croagunk Egg
Pachirisu
Shellos
*Skorupi Egg

And that's it, it looks like... Hm... I could've sworn I had more. Oh well. Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer, I sent you a PM saying which Pokemon I need to keep this thread from becoming just long lists of Pokemon.

Wichu

Mush said:
I'm just going to leave this here.

I can give my personal guarantee that this is 100% legit and actually works as I've tried it out myself. And I live in New Zealand for fucks sake. You can also do it more than once so infinite Celebi's for everyone!
Someone's set up a private GTS server set to give out various events. It's not strictly speaking 'legitimate' (the Pokémon are generated by a program on the server side and sent to the DS); however, if the guy's set it up right, they should pass hack checks.

You can actually do this yourself if you download a couple of programs.

Mush

Wichu said:
Someone's set up a private GTS server set to give out various events. It's not strictly speaking 'legitimate' (the Pokémon are generated by a program on the server side and sent to the DS); however, if the guy's set it up right, they should pass hack checks.

You can actually do this yourself if you download a couple of programs.
I feel like such an idiot now. I thought he'd like proxied the Gamestop server or something. :(

fisheyes

Not to go too far off topic, but since we're talking about downloading Pokemon over wifi, and I've been meaning to ask for some time - I have a WPA secured router and I don't really want to screw around with the security settings of it too much, so I was going to run a virtual wireless network through my Win7 laptop - only to find that only allows WPA as well. Is there a way to run virtual wireless that runs something my original DS can use, or am I basically shit out of luck?

mandiller

I have a pokemon request. Does anyone have a Gible, gabite or garchomp that knows outrage?

I'm trying to make one myself, but it's going to take me ages to train up a my dratini to level 55 for outrage, which I would then breed with a gabite or garchomp.

*edit* Or even one I could just borrow very quickly. I'm planning to breed a bunch.

Top Bottom