• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

roytheone

I didn't shoot until last night.

Uh huh. So why did scum kill CM?

If a neutral killed CM, why didn't they claim their free #townpoints today? Also that means the scum kill failed for some reason.

Hmmm. A neutral wouldn't want to have to many townpoints, since that could get them NK. But that begs the question: why even target CM at all then? Also, if it was a neutral, then what happened on N1, and why only 1 kill there? I can understand a Town vig not shooting on purpose, but a neutral killer? They tend to shoot as much as they can. So that mean either the neutral or scum kill failed on N1.

nin1000

Banned
Also, if it was a neutral, then what happened on N1, and why only 1 kill there? I can understand a Town vig not shooting on purpose, but a neutral killer? They tend to shoot as much as they can. So that mean either the neutral or scum kill failed on N1.

No action was made ? i mean its the most simple answer

roytheone

No action was made ? i mean its the most simple answer

Possible. That really depends on the power and win condition the neutral would have which outside of them flipping isn't possible to know. And that is if there even is a neutral killer,since we have no hard proof of a third killer existing. Honestly, this is all mostly speculation and I don't know if it will help us to find scum without more information to work with.

nin1000

Banned
Never answer me again

why the hell are you even tryin ? i mean come on Blarg, you are better than that.

For all the others.
A whole lot of nothing has happened in the past hours.
Several people claiming to have information but in the end not saying a thing.
Bad play

our 2 claims come from the resident madman and our certified lier.
oh boy.

is there any easier way to verify this other than lynching them?

i mean im totally okay with lynching blarg, and might be okay with lynching splinter, but i would really rather lynch for perceived scummy play, rather than become even further bogged down in game mechanic speculation.

also, y'know, getting rid of a vigilante could likely be a total waste of a tool that might turn this game around.

After 3 days of mislynches. It should be obvious right now that we're not going to find scum based on studying each others behaviours.

If you know something concrete, come forward and tell everyone. It doesn't matter if you'll make yourself a target for scum.

It this game continues at the same rate of 3 deaths per cycle. Then there is a strong chance you could be killed without ever getting to say anything.

It's better to say something now, rather than die and take your secrets to the dead thread.

Someone in this game must know something useful. It's been 3 days, and no scum or useful PRs have died.

Just come forward.

nin1000

Banned
our 2 claims come from the resident madman and our certified lier.
oh boy.

is there any easier way to verify this other than lynching them?

i mean im totally okay with lynching blarg, and might be okay with lynching splinter, but i would really rather lynch for perceived scummy play, rather than become even further bogged down in game mechanic speculation.

also, y'know, getting rid of a vigilante could likely be a total waste of a tool that might turn this game around.

you know that led us to the current oath of killing town people only.

nin1000

Banned
After 3 days of mislynches. It should be obvious right now that we're not going to find scum based on studying each others behaviours.

If you know something concrete, come forward and tell everyone. It doesn't matter if you'll make yourself a target for scum.

It this game continues at the same rate of 3 deaths per cycle. Then there is a strong chance you could be killed without ever getting to say anything.

It's better to say something now, rather than die and take your secrets to the dead thread.

Someone in this game must know something useful. It's been 3 days, and no scum or useful PRs have died.

Just come forward.

I am inclined to agree in this

lol

On a somewhat related note, I've been looking for hints as to who Ty4on caught N1. I figured there's a good chance that person is scum since a) they've never claimed anything despite having relevant info for today and b) Ty4on was killed N2.

And it turns out to be CM, well that's just perfect.

Given that CM made this claim purely to keep TheGoddamn alive, can we see this lynch through? Perhaps the vig can clear up CM for us.

I'll see what I can do. Hopefully he's not bullet proof.

¬_¬

you know that led us to the current oath of killing town people only.

yeah i know, thats why im asking for an alternative, i really dont want another lynch to happen for reasons other than killing scum.

i meantioned killing blarg like that because im scumreading him more and more.

Dusk, I agree with you.

I wish I had something to add that was helpful. I feel useless. I'm sorry Gorlak.

Thinking about the all NKs. Ty is still the one that stands out. Everyone has been from the middle of the pack. Likely we've been swayed to mislynch CM today, so it seems a bit pointless for scum to do it.

CM dying and flipping town casts Sawneeks in a weird light, not sure if that was the intention.

Our vig "claims" only want credit for Gorlak and cannot explain N2.

And then there was Blarg's big ploy yesterday to vet TheG or expose a lot our PRs.

With all this the discussion on Sophia/SS has completely died down. I know it's a unpopular topic but we now know 2 of the triangle were town.

nin1000

Banned
Dusk, I agree with you.

I wish I had something to add that was helpful. I feel useless. I'm sorry Gorlak.

Thinking about the all NKs. Ty is still the one that stands out. Everyone has been from the middle of the pack. Likely we've been swayed to mislynch CM today, so it seems a bit pointless for scum to do it.

CM dying and flipping town casts Sawneeks in a weird light, not sure if that was the intention.

And then there was Blarg's big ploy yesterday to vet TheG or expose a lot our PRs.

With all this the discussion on Sophia/SS has completely died down. I know it's a unpopular topic but we now know 2 of the triangle were town.

What would your plan or line of thought be then ? go for the inactives ? I am on the same boat , feeling kinda useless.

roytheone

Dusk, I agree with you.

That really doesn't tell us a whole lot unless we are very certain someone in the triangle has to be scum, which I ain't.

What would your plan or line of thought be then ? go for the inactives ? I am on the same boat , feeling kinda useless.

Honestly? I'm doubtful of my count. I theorized that they were maybe 4 scum and 2 netruals and then rest were town. We started at 23, 8 dead town and are now at 15. That would mean 5 to 6 of the remaining are scum a00nd netruals. And 10 to 9 are town.

We've seen only 2 confirmed Pokemon with abilities (Bronx and SSS) therefore I'm inclined to believe that it's an low % of them occurring. Splinters is claiming a 3rd and that makes 4 I know about.

Where does that leave us? At least one of our more active leaders is scum. That I'm sure of.

I felt suspicious of Sophia but have been less certain with SS.

Sawneeks is a possibility.

And Splinter, I was really against this suggestion because I was like what are the odds of being scum 3 out 3 but then I remembered he replaced Kawl so I don't believe him to be scum but also don't want to be fooled again.

Blarg. Who knows?

I know I'm not scum and I've told you as much before. I hope your not scum, despite my earlier feelings you have definitely helped refocus us and I like to believe you are town, same with Dusk.

Ofc not , Just stating something

ruWoHr9.gif

The error is still there and was made by you. Just wanted to make that clear ok ?
no need to be a wussy about that.

Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's so

nin1000

Banned
Honestly? I'm doubtful of my count. I theorized that they were maybe 4 scum and 2 netruals and then rest were town. We started at 23, 8 dead town and are now at 15. That would mean 5 to 6 of the remaining are scum a00nd netruals. And 10 to 9 are town.

We've seen only 2 confirmed Pokemon with abilities (Bronx and SSS) therefore I'm inclined to believe that it's an low % of them occurring. Splinters is claiming a 3rd and that makes 4 I know about.

Where does that leave us? At least one of our more active leaders is scum. That I'm sure of.

I felt suspicious of Sophia but have been less certain with SS.

Sawneeks is a possibility.

And Splinter, I was really against this suggestion because I was like what are the odds of being scum 3 out 3 but then I remembered he replaced Kawl so I don't believe him to be scum but also don't want to be fooled again.

Blarg. Who knows?

I know I'm not scum and I've told you as much before. I hope your not scum, despite my earlier feelings you have definitely helped refocus us and I like to believe you are town, same with Dusk.

Thanks Melon, i appreciate those words. even more coming from you.

Ok lets do this and try win the game. I would still hear from Yennek since i dont really get a grip on him.

Ynnek7

Heya, everyone

Just want to at least check in and let you know I've been keeping up. I literally just finished getting an unexpected root canal, though, so any specific thoughts/suggestions will have to come later.

So, we have someone claiming responsibility for last night's kill, but we don't know about the 2 kills on the previous night?

Top Bottom