• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
so guys i have a couple of questions
1.What is the most effective Battle Maison team to curbstomp those hax chatlaen bitches and the trainers before them?
2.Does the pokemon im EV training with hordes get the full 50 EV pts with Pokerus if it isnt the one to kill the hordes?
1. MegaKhan
2. Yes

Seil

ok so i could say use miltoic and use surf, kill all the hordes, and say Giratina would gain the full 50EV even if it never fought aslong as exp share was on?

If it's holding the appropriate item to actually get 50 EVs, yes. If exp share is on, everything gets the amount of EVs they would've earned by participating.

I love the small details this time.
The need for a suit to get into the lava, the need for a scuba gear to use dive, etc.
It seems foolish but I always wondered how they did that in the past.

If you plan on using the Exp. Share, or forget to turn it off, then yes, your game will be ruined if you want a challenge. I had a level 65 pokemon after the 5th gym (though I grinded just a bit, not much).

Spoilers for after you beat the E4 the first time:
The E4 get Megas and lv. 70+ pokemon on the second run through.
Its much more of a challenge, even with Exp turned on. IMHO

Kinokou

Shroomish hunt paid of with a shiny!

She's a modest poision healer with no egg moves and 31 in hp and special attack as far as I can tell. Gonna put her on the team instead of the elusive bullet seed quick feed Shroomish I wanted.

I got her while chaining the dexnav at level 168 and within the first five encounters of that chain.

Spoilers for after you beat the E4 the first time:
The E4 get Megas and lv. 70+ pokemon on the second run through.
Its much more of a challenge, even with Exp turned on. IMHO

Good, since I plan on doing both runs one after the other, if possible.

Also, somebody needs to gif the player
riding on Groudon,
then people can caption it later with things like:
I'm riding on a primal dinosaur, your point is invalid.

Another thing: Am I wrong of they did a safety measure that you cannot one-shot the legendary?
I had more than enough power to one-shot Groudon but he survived with just a sip of life left.

Hylian7

I really want to buy this, but is it even easier than X/Y? I quit playing X after the 8th badge because my Pokemon were so overpowered. If this is even easier than X then I may have to resist the temptation of buying.

Turn off the Exp. Share if you want a challenge.

I personally choose to leave it on, as generally I play for getting to the postgame.

TheMink

So your megastones don't transfer over? I just transfered some of my main team and the stones weren on them. Y charizard was the entire reason I even got Y over X.

ryan13ts

Anybody got Galladite they're willing to trade for? I've got every X/Y megastone, plus quite a few shinies including Legendaries.

On a separate rant, why does GameFreak keeping putting the majority of these stones in the late game, and even worse, most of the good ones in post-game? It defeats the whole purpose of using them, especially if you're like me and typically just play the story and aren't too much into the competitive scene. It annoyed the hell out of me in X/Y and it really peeves me off here.

Korosenai

I'm about to get Alpha Sapphire today and I have a question.

Is it easy to transfer Pokemon between games using Pokemon Bank? And once you transfer over from x or y, is it stuck in oras? I have a bunch of iv bred and ev trained Pokemon that I want to switch over, but I want to occasionally use them again in Y.

I'm about to get Alpha Sapphire today and I have a question.

Is it easy to transfer Pokemon between games using Pokemon Bank? And once you transfer over from x or y, is it stuck in oras? I have a bunch of iv bred and ev trained Pokemon that I want to switch over, but I want to occasionally use them again in Y.

you can transfer between them as long as there are no new moves (kyogre/groudon/rayquaza new signature moves) on them.

Seil

Strange, I used a strong* move from a level 80 pokemon, with perfect IVs and EV trained, and he didn't die. I was like, what the hell?

Odd. My Sceptile was around 70 and had random EVs and IVs =p But used a grass type attack.

Now, if you used a Water attack and still didn't OHKO it, that'd be ridiculous.

OmegaFax

Items don't transfer via bank. You can get charizardite Y in ORAS, though.

All X/Y Megastones are in the game, even ones that were exclusive to either X/Y ... got both ones for Mewtwo. Otherwise, you need two systems/games in order to trade with items.

Strange, I used a strong* move from a level 80 pokemon, with perfect IVs and EV trained, and he didn't die. I was like, what the hell?

For most captures, I use False Swipe with a Lv100 Pokemon capable of learning it. The legendary Pokemon require a little more work. Thundurus was a pain in the ass because it needed to be asleep or some other ailment. It only took two or three Ultra Balls.

Odd. My Sceptile was around 70 and had random EVs and IVs =p But used a grass type attack.

Now, if you used a Water attack and still didn't OHKO it, that'd be ridiculous.

It wouldn't even work, water attacks with Groudon in the field and Desolate Earth are negated.

one_kill

Anybody got Galladite they're willing to trade for? I've got every X/Y megastone, plus quite a few shinies including Legendaries.

On a separate rant, why does GameFreak keeping putting the majority of these stones in the late game, and even worse, most of the good ones in post-game? It defeats the whole purpose of using them, especially if you're like me and typically just play the story and aren't too much into the competitive scene. It annoyed the hell out of me in X/Y and it really peeves me off here.
Can't you get it yourself? Pretty sure you can get every mega stone no matter the version

Oh right I forgot about its ability haha.

Haha, don't worry, it happens.

For most captures, I use False Swipe with a Lv100 Pokemon capable of learning it. The legendary Pokemon require a little more work. Thundurus was a pain in the ass because it needed to be asleep or some other ailment. It only took two or three Ultra Balls.

I thought about getting one Breloom for that, but I'm too lazy to get one right now.

Always wondered how the protagonist could breathe underwater.

Maybe the OG protagonists were descendants of Aquaman?

Seil

I have a Smeargle, Breloom and Gallade bred for capturing lol. Gardevoir to go with the Gallade for determining abilities. I used to use Gallade, but currently use a Smeargle with Soak(remove immunity to False Swipe and/or Spore), Spore, False Swipe and Simple Beam(check abilities - I bred it when I was hunting HAs in XY). Could throw Mean Look or something on it, instead.(For roamers, though we don't have this problem in ORAS to my knowledge. Surely they wouldn't give them moves to force you out of the battle in this situation, right? lol)

Edit: Could also use Dark Void, of course, but meh.

ryan13ts

Can't you get it yourself? Pretty sure you can get every mega stone no matter the version

Galladite isn't available until late post game, by which point I'll already be done with the game. Like I said in that post, I don't really play competitively so once I'm done with the story, that's pretty much it for me so I'd like to use Mega Gallade before then.

lupinko

I just redeemed my pokemon scrap codes, so here's pics of the Wondercards.

KVWhmvYl.jpg

hY4hVOdl.jpg

O9gxxBAl.jpg

mandiller

I'm finding the game is actually a bit challenging if you switch EXP Share off when you get it. Great to know since X/Y were the easiest games I've played and suffered for it. I hope Gamefreak keep this up in future games because switching off EXP share is basically hard mode.

Hylian7

I feel like with the number of legendaries there are now from all generations, they should just do the portal thing like in OR/AS for all of them from now on. It works, and brings them into the game in a somewhat logical way.

Just started AlphaSaphirre, and like always with remakes, I decided to give nicknames to my Pokémon (I don't use any in the "main" games generally).

I'm getting too attached to them now, and I feel bad for using my Zigzagoon as a HM-slave. Poor Zeke. :(

lewisgone

Why is the huff puff guy saying plink plink.

This is sacred ground you are treading on GF.

Edit: I am joking around but think this is my first post actually about the game so just wanna say they totally nailed the remake. The intro blew me away, wasn't expecting it at all. And I love the new take on the route 113 music.

Arclaid

Streetpassed someone who had the Eon ticket while I was in the city (Melbourne) over the weekend. Tickets don't officially get distributed here until today, so that was nice.

lupinko

I just beat Archie last night, so on my way to the blue orb.

I haven't had much time to play but I tried on the weekend. Probably again after work because of the bad weather.

Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi are pretty much doing all the heavy lifting while my shiny now a Metang from Emerald is a temp HM slave until I get a Tropius. I could just trade that over tho haha.

Busaiku

Episode Delta was a nice final chapter to this.
Gonna catch the last few Pokemon in the Battle Resort, then I'll finally start Persona Q.

Azuran

Banned
Speaking about wonder Cards, do they ever expire? I just remember I never bothered to get my Diance in X because the RNG hates me.

Seil

Keldeo and Shaymin will never make the trip overseas naturally will they?

? If you mean in general, both have already had western distributions. If you mean in Gen VI, that remains to be seen x.x I wish we'd get one of those shiny Jirachi events too. We're overdue for another Jirachi anyway.

? If you mean in general, both have already had western distributions. If you mean in Gen VI, that remains to be seen x.x I wish we'd get one of those shiny Jirachi events too. We're overdue for another Jirachi anyway.

lol I mean with pentagons. I know we had them back when gen 5 was a thing. Though TBH I want to know if we'll see a pentagon'd Genesect anywhere.

Seil

lol I mean with pentagons. I know we had them back when gen 5 was a thing. Though TBH I want to know if we'll see a pentagon'd Genesect anywhere.

Gotcha. Just wasn't sure since you didn't mention the Victini lol. I'm sure there are people that aren't actually aware of older events like those x.x

Edit: Then again, Keldeo's actually fairly "recent" lol.

lupinko

Japan only got Shiny Jirachi, South Korea got regular Jirachi.

Probably Japan.

Top Bottom