• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Can anyone help me out here? I have a code for the Diancie from Gamestop, but I don't have a copy of XY and I can't redeem the codes in ORAS. My brother already redeemed his codes on his copy of Pokemon X, but he can't redeem a second set.

Would someone that hasn't redeemed their code or has an extra copy of XY where they haven't redeemed a code be willing to redeem my codes and then trade me the Pokemon? :3

can you still guarantee a certain IV stat passes down to the baby if the parent you want to pass said stat down is holding one of the power items?
or is it basicly breed 5-6IV baby and breed it with the perfect ditto and pray?

can you still guarantee a certain IV stat passes down to the baby if the parent you want to pass said stat down is holding one of the power items?
or is it basicly breed 5-6IV baby and breed it with the perfect ditto and pray?

you can pass down a certain IV with power items still, but it's always better to use the destiny knot and everstone.

timnich

Can anyone help me out here? I have a code for the Diancie from Gamestop, but I don't have a copy of XY and I can't redeem the codes in ORAS. My brother already redeemed his codes on his copy of Pokemon X, but he can't redeem a second set.

Would someone that hasn't redeemed their code or has an extra copy of XY where they haven't redeemed a code be willing to redeem my codes and then trade me the Pokemon? :3
I thought that event already ended, can you even still redeem the codes at this point?

you can pass down a certain IV with power items still, but it's always better to use the destiny knot and everstone.

so say if my goal was a perfest 6IV fennekin(have a 5IV currently)
do i give it whatever stat item it doesnt have a 31IV in and that plus the ditto with destiny knot guarantees 6IV?

lupinko

Is that true even before you have the national dex? Like the legendaries can be used? or the previous gen starters?

Well I'm playing through the game with a WishMaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi and a shiny Metang (Beldum originally from Emerald), so obviously yes.

do i give it whatever stat item it doesnt have a 31IV in and that plus the ditto with destiny knot guarantees 6IV?

no, since the destiny knot passes 5 random IVs from either parent. Which means assuming you only want the Ditto's IVs, you have a 5/12 chance to pass all 31s via destiny knot. I don't know if power items + destiny knot stack (in that, I don't know if both destiny knot and the power item can pass down the same IV, in which case you'd effectively lose a 31 IV). Regardless, preserving the nature with everstone is pretty much always better.

**I don't know my math is actually right. Someone like Preying Shark could probably be of more help.

Is that true even before you have the national dex? Like the legendaries can be used? or the previous gen starters?

Yes, I used my shiny Froakie for almost the whole game, even before the 1st badge. Just be careful with the level of the pokemons, they will get high very fast if you use the Exp. Share.

Off topic: Dear lord, this music
against Wally,
chills all over the place, even though I heard it before.
The battle amid the flowers, everything is so perfect.
I feel like - OTHER GAME (MGS) SPOILERS -
Naked Snake against The Boss.

Best moment of the game, so far, by a country mile.

Dominator

Who's your starter?

It's a bit annoying trying to make a team early on in ORAS because there's not much variety. My recommendations include: Boomburst Taillow, Ralts, and HM slave Zigzagoon. Other monsters to consider are Lotad or Seedot depending on the version you got.
Went with Mudkip. My other 5 after evolutions are Linoon, Lombre, Swellow, Mightyena and Kadabra.

Wichu

no, since the destiny knot passes 5 random IVs from either parent. Which means assuming you only want the Ditto's IVs, you have a 5/12 chance to pass all 31s via destiny knot. I don't know if power items + destiny knot stack (in that, I don't know if both destiny knot and the power item can pass down the same IV, in which case you'd effectively lose a 31 IV). Regardless, preserving the nature with everstone is pretty much always better.

**I don't know my math is actually right. Someone like Preying Shark could probably be of more help.

Power items just force one of the five inherited IVs to be the appropriate stat, so you only get four other random inherited IVs. There's always one random IV.

Seil

There's no way to guarantee 6 IVs. Assuming the Power Items work as I expect, that is to say as they originally did, when paired with the Destiny Knot, it would just force one of your 5 inherited IVs to be the associated IV of the holder.

The highest odds of getting a 6 IV would require the parents both already be 6IV, in which case you'd have a 1/32 chance since you'd be guaranteed 5 and the last would be random.

Edit: Too slow x.x

Edit2: Also, I wouldn't want a Fennekin with 6 31s, though a 0 in attack would be great. Since Attack mostly serves to boost confusion damage against yourself for special attackers x.x
Edit3: Also Foul Play
Edit4: Edit

Busaiku

I think I read somewhere earlier that if you get 50 wins at the Battle Resort, you can challenge May/Brendan at any time.
Can anyone verify this?

Wichu

Is this game as easy as Pokemon X/Y? The low difficulty of those games made the unenjoyable for me honestly.

Turn off Exp. Share (and set battle style to "set" in the options) and the game is pretty challenging. One of the things about Pokémon is that it's only as hard as you make it - if you're finding it too easy, you could try making a team with less powerful Pokémon like Dustox and Delcatty.

Here's Smogon's (WIP) in-game tier list - the higher up the Pokémon you use are, the easier the game will be for you.

Just went berserk at the Elite Four with my Latios (the one that I posted here). Nice matches (except for the
ice lady, she has lame pokemons)

Bring it on, Steven.

DedValve

Banned
I'm assuming by that point Wally will have 6 lvl 100 max EV, perfect IV trained pokemon?

Because 50 matches is no joke only to be met with like 4 lvl 60's and thats it.

...I'd kill to re-battle gym leaders with more diverse pokemon (that fit their theme) that are maxxed out. it sucks that all the difficult challenges are always in the mansion/maison type crap.

I'm assuming by that point Wally will have 6 lvl 100 max EV, perfect IV trained pokemon?

Because 50 matches is no joke only to be met with like 4 lvl 60's and thats it.

...I'd kill to re-battle gym leaders with more diverse pokemon (that fit their theme) that are maxxed out. it sucks that all the difficult challenges are always in the mansion/maison type crap.

i dunno about the levels, but his team is apparently pretty ridiculous as far as pokemon choice goes.

DaBoss

So I'm at the part after you go to the space center in Episode Delta...

I can't believe they are reusing the Magma hideout AND making you battle the trainers in there again AND they have the same dialogue for the most part (post-battle dialogue is different, so I guess this isn't a big deal)...

This is XY all over again, though I liked the rest of Episode Delta and will probably like the stuff that comes after this.

EDIT: How do they still have Numel? I guess I shouldn't complain since it makes getting through them easier.

Steven got wrecked. I thought they would give him
had a shiny Metagross
?

Those credits, man... Right in the feels.

My poor Blaziken helped me until I got my Latios, then it was all over.

Well, time to challenge the E4 right again to see if now they give me a hard time.

Wow, scumbag
Norman
. And the
logo + the music after that is just great.

Episode Delta spoilers:

Oh my god! A meteor is coming, hurry up and call Bruce Willis you dumbasses!

And I'd rather bring my mom to the meteor shower than a friendzone queen like May.

Carl7

Why Nintendo makes things so burocratic? the battle spot keep asking me the same questions every single time, can't they just add an option to quick battle?

DaBoss

And I'd rather bring my mom to the meteor shower than a friendzone queen like May.
I wouldn't call that friendzone, more like she can't express her feelings because she is shy or something.

Though, I guess you could be joking about it now that I think about it lol.

Dimmle

So is the localization for ORAS sharper than X/Y? I found the writing of the previous games to be plain and even sloppy in parts.

So is it just me or did you bump into May/Brendan a LOT in this game.

You barely get to see them in the original, but here they're everywhere you go lmao.

EDIT: They also heal your team but each time my team is already at full health. :V

I wouldn't call that friendzone, more like she can't express her feelings because she is shy or something.

Though, I guess you could be joking about it now that I think about it lol.

Only partially joking, I kinda understand what May is going through because I once did something similar to a girl that I know, I liked her but put her into the friendzone because I was afraid of what could happen. So deep beneath all the jokes I think May is a cool girl.

But I would rather have Courtney, that robotic personality and fascination with the MC is so charming. She's like a robotic Tharja.

So is the localization for ORAS sharper than X/Y? I found the writing of the previous games to be plain and even sloppy in parts.
I'm actually enjoying the dialog for once, personally.

EDIT: OK seriously whats up with Sand Attack? Every time I get hit by it all my attacks miss afterwards. Shit wasn't this annoying before lmao.

lupinko

Can someone explain why that guy is
Aarune?
Unless they were trying to go for a pun I missed it sounds like they totally messed up on Aaron.

Obviously talking about English localization.

... I just spent 150k in a Hard Stone, crap.

not_even_mad.gif

This old man should work as a door to door salesman, he's good.

Wow, I completely forgot that Steven is
the son of Lord Helix number one fan the Devon President
. So he is
handsome, a former Champion, can use Mega Stones, and rich as the eye can see.
Gotdam.

Top Bottom