• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I feel your pain, have 9 game hours now and 7 of them has apparently been spent hunting for a quick feet bullet seed Shroomish. Seems like the hardest move to find as I have seen every other egg move multiple times and bullet seed only twice. I'm up to 150 on the search level, but I think I have seen others go higher for what they wanted so I'm not giving up. My determination is going to be the death of me...

And also, while the dexnav is great I don't really like it as I nickname the first Pokemon I catch and want to use them. Maybe I'll find more use in it after getting my Shroomish and clearing the elite 4.

I eventually just gave up with a Dragon Rush Sturdy Aron, DexNAV is such a pain to use in caves! Dragon Rush has proven very useful so far.

I'm just about to reach Fallabor Town and my team is Combusken (lvl 26), Nuzleaf (lvl 24), Kirlia (lvl 24), Electrike (lvl 24) and Aron (lvl 24). Think my final team member will be Milotic now that I'm hearing it's so much easier to get a Feebas, just need to find that Modest synch.

Oh, that doesn't sound too impressive to see as its Alpha Sapphire counterpart. I seriously hope there's some way to toggle it back on once I beat the Elite 4 or something, everything looks better right now.
I don't know how it'll look in Omega Ruby yet (just beat 3rd gym), but for what it's worth when I had the original R/S I preferred Ruby's since it was practically
intense sunlight with awesome music

Linius

Man, Numel is killing it. He's already on par with the rest level wise and he's been very useful. Also against other Numels ironically because they can't handle magnitude themselves :p

Current team is:

Gardevoir
Lairon
Manectric
Altaria

I have a Linoone as a HM slave/pick-up caddy and I'm still raising a Shroomish to learn Spore so it can be my go to capture buddy with False Swipe and Spore.

Just beat the 4th gym and making the suddenly impossible path back to Petalburg City cause kids can't handle it!

Current team is:

Gardevoir
Lairon
Manectric
Altaria

I have a Linoone as a HM slave/pick-up caddy and I'm still raising a Shroomish to learn Spore so it can be my go to capture buddy with False Swipe and Spore.

Just beat the 4th gym and making the suddenly impossible path back to Petalburg City cause kids can't handle it!

the removal of a bunch of travel is one of my biggest gripes with this remake. So many sections that promote exploration are gimped.

I really want to buy this, but is it even easier than X/Y? I quit playing X after the 8th badge because my Pokemon were so overpowered. If this is even easier than X then I may have to resist the temptation of buying.

Linius

I really want to buy this, but is it even easier than X/Y? I quit playing X after the 8th badge because my Pokemon were so overpowered. If this is even easier than X then I may have to resist the temptation of buying.

I guess you played with the Exp. share on?

If you plan on using the Exp. Share, or forget to turn it off, then yes, your game will be ruined if you want a challenge. I had a level 65 pokemon after the 5th gym (though I grinded just a bit, not much).

it is definitely harder than XY due to better pacing, but there are--as usual--very easy ways to 'break' the difficulty. Chief among them in using swampert.

If you plan on using the Exp. Share, or forget to turn it off, then yes, your game will be ruined if you want a challenge. I had a level 65 pokemon after the 5th gym (though I grinded just a bit, not much).

WTF? I 'grinded' via dexnav and my highest level pokemon post E4 was 63.

diaspora

Exp share is good for me since I like maintaining a rotational team of 12-15 pokemon, it lets me use them without being OP and without having to grind to keep everyone up to speed.

Linius

I have to say the world looks gorgeous. I'm now in the Mt. Chimney area and it's stunning. I love the battle background at night. Also the moves look great. Flame Bursts impact is so cool to watch.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I did in fact use EXP share when I played X. It just totally sucks because the old EXP share that only worked with one Pokemon was my favorite item, now I don't even get to use that :(

But I think I'll bite on this game.

the removal of a bunch of travel is one of my biggest gripes with this remake. So many sections that promote exploration are gimped.

I just find it so weird how hand-holding this game tries to be. It's not like you can really get that lost in this game and you have a world map on the touch screen!

I don't know why but I'm just not feeling this game. This seemed like an unnecessary remake from the get go for me but I still went ahead and bought it. It's not that I'm not having fun, Pokemon has proven time after time that it's fun, but I just can't see myself sinking as many hours into ORAS as I did with the previous titles. This game feel slightly like a step back from where X & Y was going. I think I'm just ready for a new gen again.

one_kill

I don't know why but I'm just not feeling this game. This seemed like an unnecessary remake from the get go for me but I still went ahead and bought it. It's not that I'm not having fun, Pokemon has proven time after time that it's fun, but I just can't see myself sinking as many hours into ORAS as I did with the previous titles. This game feel slightly like a step back from where X & Y was going. I think I'm just ready for a new gen again.
I wasn't feeling it too at first, but it was mainly because of my team. I eventually started a new, chose Torchic, and transferred a couple of eggs I bred in XY. It's more fun now.

Most of the towns and cities are boring though, but the exploration is better than in XY. Also, DexNav is great.

Twice as fast? Interesting....

Where do you get Sharpedo?
I evolved mine from Carvanha which I caught with a good rod
Can't recall exactly where, but it was the same place you can catch Feebas

Exp share is good for me since I like maintaining a rotational team of 12-15 pokemon, it lets me use them without being OP and without having to grind to keep everyone up to speed.

Holy fuck, I'm the complete opposite, I usually go through the main game with a team of 3.

Now rolling with Marshtomp, Metang, and Breloom.

Anyone know a good Fire type I can catch that excels in Speed/Sp.Atk? I wanted to get a Houndoom but that seems impossible, maybe Ninetales if there's really nothing else.

Also, I can't trade from X/Y because I only have one 3DS, so that's a bummer :(

I just find it so weird how hand-holding this game tries to be. It's not like you can really get that lost in this game and you have a world map on the touch screen!

yeah, for sure. Hoenn may be one of the more difficult regions to navigate, but when Johto is your competition, that's doesn't mean much. The only time in the original game that could have used more direction was when looking for the seafloor cavern (which they remedied). All the "oh yeah, lets just go there together" -> fade to black and teleport bullshit is unnecessary.

Velcro Fly

Got the mega stones for my team. Altaria with Round turning into Fairy type is sweet. Manectric is a beast but Absol wrecks everything.

Peagles

Walking down to get my Eon Ticket today. I've got a sore foot so it'll be a difficult journey but god damnit I want that Eon Ticket!

Walking down to get my Eon Ticket today. I've got a sore foot so it'll be a difficult journey but god damnit I want that Eon Ticket!

Such a trooper. Dedicated through thick and thin.
lol, don't strain yourself

I think I'll start delta episode tonight. Gonna harvest all the berries and replant first, though.

Spoilers about Delta Episode follow:
The solo piano music that plays when Zinnia meets Rayquaza and Rayquaza doesn't mega evolve...so impactful!
Just loved it!

Specifically talking about this track

There's no way to get the Eon Ticket except Streetpass locally right? I can't get it when I check my news updates when I connect to the internet?

Alternatively, is it possible to get a shiny Lati@s when Steven takes you there.

You can use the GTS for that. Just set something you have and trade with yourself between versions. The only problem is that there's a chance others might snipe your Pokemon.
Easy way to do it is to deposit a common weak Pokemon (Like Zigzagoon) and ask for the specific Pokemon you want to trade to your game. If someone else trades SOMEHOW...then all you lost is a Zigzagoon and got the Pokemon you wanted anyway. :lol

That's what I did to get my Suction Cup Octillery so I could chain fish a Shiny Carvanha eventually. (And got a Shiny Magikarp while I'm at it)

UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR POKEMON ORAS AFTER THE PICTURE! SORRY!

X5oCp6c.jpg

What the FUCK May? What in the flying fuck? I'm risking my ass over here, just defeated the leader of a criminal organization and am going inside a fucking live volcano with a suit that hasn't even been tested, to fight against a live primal pokemon that will destroy the whole Earth, and this is the best that you can say? For fucks sake, the last time somebody got friendzoned this hard he ended up with brain damage. Do you want that to happen? Do you? After I come out of this thing, if I come back alive, I'm going to send you back in pieces to your sorry excuse of a father, and with a note telling him to find another idiot to fill his goddamn pokedex.

Get Poke bank for 5 euros a year.

Also, when can I get the good rod guys? Hope to have my Carvanha as soon as possible.

Oh right, nvm then. I forgot all about Poke Bank. I can use it for this purpose right?

My Pokemon are way too valuable to me for me to want to risk it via GTS, also there's a ton I want to trade over(at least 100).

Oh right, nvm then. I forgot all about Poke Bank. I can use it for this purpose right?

My Pokemon are way too valuable to me for me to want to risk it via GTS, also there's a ton I want to trade over(at least 100).

yup, bank is what you want. you can transfer multiple whole boxes in ~3-5 minutes.

so guys i have a couple of questions
1.What is the most effective Battle Maison team to curbstomp those hax chatlaen bitches and the trainers before them?
2.Does the pokemon im EV training with hordes get the full 50 EV pts with Pokerus if it isnt the one to kill the hordes?

Grexeno

UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR POKEMON ORAS AFTER THE PICTURE! SORRY!

What the FUCK May? What in the flying fuck? I'm risking my ass over here, just defeated the leader of a criminal organization and am going inside a fucking live volcano with a suit that hasn't even been tested, to fight against a live primal pokemon that will destroy the whole Earth, and this is the best that you can say? For fucks sake, the last time somebody got friendzoned this hard he ended up with brain damage. Do you want that to happen? Do you? After I come out of this thing, if I come back alive, I'm going to send you back in pieces to your sorry excuse of a father, and with a note telling him to find another idiot to fill his goddamn pokedex.
Dude

it's just a game

an E-rated one at that.

Linius

If you plan on sending over a lot of mons you're best of with the bank I think. Just get everything on there and get them to ORAS.

1.What is the most effective Battle Maison team to curbstomp those hax chatlaen bitches and the trainers before them?
2.Does the pokemon im EV training with hordes get the full 50 EV pts with Pokerus if it isnt the one to kill the hordes?

1. Sweepers with decent bulk and good coverage such as garchomp, mega khan/mence/mawile, azumarill, rotom, etc.
2. Every pokemon that gets exp gets EVs.

1. Sweepers with decent bulk and good coverage such as garchomp, mega khan/mence/mawile, azumarill, rotom, etc.
2. Every pokemon that gets exp gets EVs.

ok so i could say use miltoic and use surf, kill all the hordes, and say Giratina would gain the full 50EV even if it never fought aslong as exp share was on?

1- Entrainment Truant Durant + Dragonite with Multiscale used to be good, but I've heard people talking about using MegaMence.
2- Everyone gets the EV, be careful with Exp.Share

Top Bottom