• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

I'll never understand people who use all legendaries in a battle.

I've had many gun battles using genie trio and pixie trio vs Uber Legendaries / Mythicals in triples. I've won most of those too, mainly because the person on the other side doesn't know what they're doing. Haha

one_kill

I've learned I'm shit at rated battles all online battles, wait I always knew that...

Salty. I can't battle online.
You need competitive Pokemon
Perfect IVs, beneficial nature, EV trained, good moves, items

You also need team diversification
Sweepers, stallers, tanks

Read threads and posts on Smogon

I've learned I'm shit at rated battles all online battles, wait I always knew that...

Salty. I can't battle online.
Read this. I think you might get something out of it.

Do keep in mind that Pokemon's a hard game to get into. PvP is very, very different than facing the AI. You gotta get in there and battle until you aren't losing every single match. There's no substitute for just getting in there and making an ass of yourself.

For Kyogre, get yourself a few Quick balls from Fallarbour town. I caught Kyogre on the first ball as soon as the battle started. If you're still struggling get someone to O-Power you with Catching Power :)

lupinko

Am I the only person that goes "oh, a shiny?"

I don't seem to care about them for the most part.

I'm like that now in RSE, Gen 4-5, but that's mainly because I can control that shiny RNG.

You're not. It's neat yeah, but hours of soft resetting for them? Ehhhh.

Shiny hunting is fun, it's a metagame in itself. If it wasn't you wouldn't see a bajillion shiny hunting videos on YouTube.

My bet is on Zapdos. Latias is a real jerk. LOL

I just want both. >>

Muku

Shiny hunting is what I do to keep things fun. Considering I'd never even run into a shiny in wild or breeding until X/Y, it lit a fire under my rear to go hunting for them. Plus, I want legit shiny legendaries that ORAS will allow me to get with patience and time. Being the OT for it makes it all the more awesome.

Ok, I am now convinced that we won't be receiving a main game next year.

I wouldn't be surprised, but what makes you think that?

Top Bottom