• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ahh ok, I just thought that there was no one looking at the Bravely Second thread, and because this one is surprisingly slow-moving. Thanks!
At least on my end it's hard to get excited for a game that hasn't or won't get localized in the US and obvious language barriers aside Nintendo's Region Locking stops any sort of imports so your not going to see alot of activity for Bravely Second right now.

Hatchtag

Banned
Ahh ok, I just thought that there was no one looking at the Bravely Second thread, and because this one is surprisingly slow-moving. Thanks!

Bravely Second isn't close to being localized yet and there's just not much to discuss with ORAS once the game is beaten, since most the post game is ripped from X and Y. Probably more a fault of the games than the system.

JoeM86

Guessing Hoopa is summer distribution because movies.

Exactly. We got confirmation of that based on the portals advertised in the new movie.

Now, if we were to get a new game next year, then
they'd have put Hoopa Unbound in that one rather than this and use it as a promotional tool as per Sky Forme Shaymin, Spiky Eared Pichu, Resolute Form Keldeo and Mega Diancie to get people to buy the new games hot off the heels of the successful movie, rather than have it in the game that will have been out 9 months by then

Thus, this makes me think we'll have next year off of main games and then, as suggested, get one in Spring 2016 around the 20th with Gen VII starting in Autumn 2017.

That's my theory.

Note: The above is speculatory and not an indicator of insider knowledge

Hatchtag

Banned
Exactly. We got confirmation of that based on the portals advertised in the new movie.

they'd have put Hoopa Unbound in that one rather than this and use it as a promotional tool as per Sky Forme Shaymin, Spiky Eared Pichu, Resolute Form Keldeo and Mega Diancie to get people to buy the new games hot off the heels of the successful movie, rather than have it in the game that will have been out 9 months by then

Thus, this makes me think we'll have next year off of main games and then, as suggested, get one in Spring 2016 around the 20th with Gen VII starting in Autumn 2017.

That's my theory.

What about a shorter 6th gen? 5th gen was fairly short. What if they just skip straight to gen 7 for the 20th anniversary?

its also worth noting Diancie has a fairly big role in X and Y yet was used to promote ORAS. Hoopa could do something similar.

JoeM86

What about a shorter 6th gen? 5th gen was fairly short. What if they just skip straight to gen 7 for the 20th anniversary?

its also worth noting Diancie has a fairly big role in X and Y yet was used to promote ORAS. Hoopa could do something similar.

Gen V was the second shortest generation, yeah, but I don't think that they'll do it like that. If they did that, that'd make Gen VI be 2 years and 3 months long, which is way too short. I see this one being a 3 to 4 year generation. Only reason Gen V got "rushed", for lack of a better term, was due to the need to jump to the 3DS.

If we see
Volcanion
next year, then yes there's a decent chance. However, based on what we've seen,
Volcanion will be the star of the movie in 2016.

Also, check back. Diancie had a minimal role in X & Y. It was to the extent of you take it to a Pokémon Center, some people want it off you and that's that. All three have little story bits in X & Y, and in ORAS, but Diancie did not have a big role.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Also, check back. Diancie had a minimal role in X & Y. It was to the extent of you take it to a Pokémon Center, some people want it off you and that's that. All three have little story bits in X & Y, and in ORAS, but Diancie did not have a big role.
I was so bummed; Diancie shot up to like my second favorite Pokemon because of it's design.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

That's my theory.
If nothing is announced by February/March than were definitely not getting another Game in 2015 but I have my suspicion since at least here in the US Nintendo has been very adamant to keep up with the EA cycle (releasing a game yearly) but either way it matters little to me. Franchise fatigue has already set in for me and I won't be buying Pokemon next year if one does release.

DaBoss

Blissey Base done.
secretbasedsdok.jpg

Uses the same setup as the Japanese Blissey Bases. Mine is located in the Secret Shore though.

If you have trouble scanning it, try using this: http://abload.de/img/50b763e0-71b6-11e4-9fz0l10.png

That's my theory.

I still think we're getting our 20th anniversary game in early 2016 followed by Z in 2017 with Gen VII in 2018, but really it could go either way.

I still think we're getting our 20th anniversary game in early 2016 followed by Z in 2017 with Gen VII in 2018, but really it could go either way.

What do you think the 20th anniversary game would be? A remake of Gen 1 seems the most obvious option, and there's no denying I'd probably buy it, but would they really release a remake of a remake right after a remake?

What do you think the 20th anniversary game would be? A remake of Gen 1 seems the most obvious option, and there's no denying I'd probably buy it, but would they really release a remake of a remake right after a remake?

Pokemon Yellow remake with significant changes.
Series started with Kanto, Pikachu is still the mascot and Gen I has gotten a lot of love this Gen already.

Impala26

That's my theory.

Maybe a Colosseum-esque (battle sim + short adventure) game for Wii U in 2015 and then new proper handheld entry (Z, X2/Y2) in 2016?

A guy can dream can't he? :-(

This would be BOSS.

Series started with Kanto, Pikachu is still the mascot and Gen I has gotten a lot of love this Gen already.

Interesting, I could get behind that. As much as I'd probably buy whatever they put out, I'd be more excited for that than remakes of FR/LG.

A whole year to play ORAS? I'm ok with that, would be sad if I had to leave Hoenn for Kalos again next year.

Fake EDIT: Oh god not another Pikachu focused game, let him be the protagonist of the spin-offs, that's good enough. That rat is following his vermin origins to the core, everywhere and hard to get rid of.

Maybe a Colosseum-esque (battle sim + short adventure) game for Wii U in 2015 and then new proper handheld entry (Z, X2/Y2) in 2016?
A guy can dream can't he? :-(

Pokkén 2015.

JoeM86

Well next year we know that

Great Detective Pikachu is set to come to the 3DS (unless development dropped)
Pokkén Fighters will hit arcades in Japan, maybe Wii U depending on release (most likely not in 2015)

I'm willing to bet we'll see a battle simulator of sorts on the Wii U this year, too. Long overdue. Maybe they could include a Battle Frontier sort of thing in it to placate the complaints

teeny

Thanks to the generosity of a Gaffer, I'm now only 6 Pokemon short of a living dex. I get this is gonna be a huge ask, but does anyone have any spare of the following to trade?

Mew
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Genesect

I have some wild Kalos shinies and a bred Inkay, Joltik and Hawlucha available, if anyone is interested.

Hatchtag

Banned
Thanks to the generosity of a Gaffer, I'm now only 6 Pokemon short of a living dex. I get this is gonna be a huge ask, but does anyone have any spare of the following to trade?

Mew
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Genesect

I have some wild Kalos shinies and a bred Inkay, Joltik and Hawlucha available, if anyone is interested.

I can send you a Mew this weekend.
I can send anyone in this thread Mews really. <3 Emerald's cloning glitch + having a legit event Mew in it.

Well next year we know that

Great Detective Pikachu is set to come to the 3DS (unless development dropped)
Pokkén Fighters will hit arcades in Japan, maybe Wii U depending on release (most likely not in 2015)

I'm willing to bet we'll see a battle simulator of sorts on the Wii U this year, too. Long overdue. Maybe they could include a Battle Frontier sort of thing in it to placate the complaints

Didn't they basically say they won't do battle sims now that the games are in 3D? I mean if I remember correctly they said there had to be something more to it, so I guess the Battle Frontier could be that "something more".

If they do that I'll be legit mad. A non portable Battle Frontier? F-you, GameFreak, that's just rubbing salt in the wound.

SeZMehK

I brought my living dex into my game and yet the pokeball for pokemon seen is not filled in. I have the pokemon caught portion filled in and I have the two gold crowns on both pokedexes. What gives?

MicH

I brought my living dex into my game and yet the pokeball for pokemon seen is not filled in. I have the pokemon caught portion filled in and I have the two gold crowns on both pokedexes. What gives?
What number does it say next to "seen"? If it's the same as your "caught" or higher you're good

Hatchtag

Banned
Perhaps, but after the ridiculous way the Internet has reacted to this, I want it to happen more :p

I don't really think its all that ridiculous. I'd be salty as fuck if they did it too. But I know damn well I'd buy it, so I can't complain that much.

Perhaps, but after the ridiculous way the Internet has reacted to this, I want it to happen more :p

When the game sells like crap in Japan, will they blame the heat waves?

I've asked for a console pokemon game for a while now (even argued about that with you a couple of months back), but if it is just a fighting game, like the old Stadiums, I really can't see the appeal anymore.

Perhaps if they added amiibo support, and launched it together with a new line of amiibo pogs or pokemon cards with NFC, then I would buy it, of course. But just the game, eh.

And yes, I know that they did launch a pokemon game with figures, and I think that wasn't a success, IIRC, but my memory is hazy.

JoeM86

When the game sells like crap in Japan, will they blame the heat waves?

No, that'd be because it's on the Wii U.

I don't really think its all that ridiculous. I'd be salty as fuck if they did it too. But I know damn well I'd buy it, so I can't complain that much.

You can be so hilariously cynical when you want to be lol.

Well when people say the series is "dead" and hate upon a man who wasn't even the director of the games and thus didn't make the decision, it gets me a bit frustrated and thus cynical. That's what was ridiculous.

Can we be annoyed about it? Sure. I was too somewhat, but the following reaction from the Internet the past two weeks has gone from hilarious to facepalm worthy.

Impala26

Mew
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Genesect

Is the X/Y trade-cloning glitch still a thing? Haven't tried doing it in MONTHS so I don't know if it was patched out or not. I could probably help out in this regard if someone can confirm if you can still pull it off.

Really annoying that you can't get these "event" pokemon reliably anymore... :-/

Takashi

Recently finished Delta Episode and it was great. Quick thoughts:
Wished it was longer and more than mostly going back and forth to old locales, but Zinnia and the expanded Hoenn lore made up for that. One of the highlights that really impressed me was tying in the old games' canon into this one, but that quickly turned into disappointment once I realized they weren't gonna go anywhere with that. Like maybe the scientists could've gone ahead and warped the meteor, but after learning other Hoenn exists they open another portal to let you go through, allowing you to meet other Brendan/May and team up or something, idk. Just seemed like something that at least could've been elaborated on. Aside from that though, I still found it very fun and that whole final sequence was just awesome. What added to my enjoyment of it- and the whole remakes in general- were the little bits of characterization sprinkled in like actually seeing a family dynamic with Norman and your mom wanting to go on a date and spending time with the neighbors.

Also, who was Steven talking about when he mentions something about a trainer with a black Charizard? Only thing that comes to mind is the guy from the anime special I've heard about.

Well when people say the series is "dead" and hate upon a man who wasn't even the director of the games and thus didn't make the decision, it gets me a bit frustrated and thus cynical. That's what was ridiculous.

Can we be annoyed about it? Sure. I was too somewhat, but the following reaction from the Internet the past two weeks has gone from hilarious to facepalm worthy.

The pokemon community gives a lot of reasons for cynicism. Lots of younger folks and lots of nostalgia results in some really stupid dogmatic opinions and reactionary craziness.
Also, who was Steven talking about when he mentions something about a trainer with a black Charizard? Only thing that comes to mind is the guy from the anime special I've heard about.
OBVIOUSLY KANTO CONFIRMED

Tom_Cody

Impossible question:

I'm a 31 year old man who has never played through a mainline Pokemon game; where should I start? To be more specific, would I be better off with OR/AS or X/Y?

MicH

Impossible question:

I'm a 31 year old man who has never played through a mainline Pokemon game; where should I start? To be more specific, would I be better off with OR/AS or X/Y?
If you're new to the series I would definitely recommend starting with X or Y

Top Bottom