• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Toxi

Banned
Man, Gamefreak really ruined shiny Regice's appeal.

RS sprites (Normal on left, shiny on right)
194.gif
194.gif

ORAS models (Normal on left, shiny on right)
378.png
378.png

Man, Gamefreak really ruined shiny Regice's appeal.

RS sprites (Normal on left, shiny on right)
194.gif
194.gif

ORAS models (Normal on left, shiny on right)
378.png
378.png

The reduction of the size of the spikes in the back are more disappointing than Regice getting lighter in color. Though it looks like Gamefreak has been gradually making Regice lighter and lighter with each game.

And shinies being barely different from their normal forms are nothing new!

Toxi

Banned
Regirock looked really derpy in RSE.

193.gif

Thankfully, they fixed that in DPP.

377.png

On another note, I really hate how desaturated all the colors are in the 3DS games.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love the sound the Regis make in the movie about Lucario

Yep.

I love the one scene where the camera is focused on Ash and co., and all of a sudden Regice zooms past the screen with the Star Wars hover-bike noise. It's like a split-second, but pretty neat.

They were basically slasher villains in that film. Just popped up and started fucking shit up for no reason.

Muku

I think some of my frustration from SRing this Latias is a portion of the time Steven plays his Metang like ass. My Blaziken rocks Sharpedo's world.. and his Metang can, and does, a lot of time super effectively rocks the Muk in play. But then there are just times he just herpy derps so have to go ANOTHER round and finish his damn Pokemon for him.

Bleeether

I think some of my frustration from SRing this Latias is a portion of the time Steven plays his Metang like ass. My Blaziken rocks Sharpedo's world.. and his Metang can, and does, a lot of time super effectively rocks the Muk in play. But then there are just times he just herpy derps so have to go ANOTHER round and finish his damn Pokemon for him.

question when SR for a lengendary in oras, how do you know its shiny? Is the sprite different? do you have to capture it first to find out?

Never caught one before

question when SR for a lengendary in oras, how do you know its shiny? Is the sprite different? do you have to capture it first to find out?

Never caught one before

If its something you fight, the moment you start the battle you'll find out if its shiny, so its easy to SR then.

If its something given, then the first moment you have to check it. So have fun riding with Steven together over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Toxi

Banned

Never caught one before
For most, you know it's shiny because the model is differently colored and has a sparkle animation in battle. The overworld model (Or sprite in older games) gives no indication of shininess; when I caught a shiny Regirock, the overworld model still had normal colors.

For Lati@s, I imagine you have to check your party after it joins since you don't capture it in battle.

Bleeether

If its something you fight, the moment you start the battle you'll find out if its shiny, so its easy to SR then.

If its something given, then the first moment you have to check it. So have fun riding with Steven together over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Hmmm, so ill know because it will look different? I don't have all the sprites memorized so i guess checking with a sprite comparison?

Bleeether

For most, you know it's shiny because the model is differently colored and has a sparkle animation in battle. The overworld model (Or sprite in older games) gives no indication of shininess; when I caught a shiny Regirock, the overworld model still had normal colors.

For Lati@s, I imagine you have to check your party after it joins since you don't capture it in battle.

Ahh okay, i gotcha. Thanks. guess i should watch some vids to know what to look out for.

Toxi

Banned
Hmmm, so ill know because it will look different? I don't have all the sprites memorized so i guess checking with a sprite comparison?
There's also a unique animation that plays when a shiny Pokemon enters battle. Blue stars circle around it with a little sound.

shinyanimation.jpg

There's a Beldum you can get through Mystery Gift in ORAS that's shiny, and you can see the animation by using it in any battle.

Shinies are usually pretty easy to spot just by coloration, but some are pretty similar in color to the normal versions, so I'd always watch out for that little sparkle. If you're SRing for a specific Pokemon, definitely keep a comparison guide like Serebii handy unless the difference is really obvious.

I believe when they sparkle, you'll also hear a sparkle jingle too. So just listen to when you encounter them to hear it.

After enough resets, a shiny sparkle jingle will definitely be noticeable.

Muku

For the story Latias, it's the first moment you get a chance to check. The sprite itself won't show on the screen. Latias is yellow and Latios appears green if I recall right. But if you don't go by color, just look for the red star near the pentagon symbol to see if it's shiny. (Sometimes I have to go on that for some small changes between normal and shiny, like Flabebe.)

ugoo18

Azuran

Banned
Aww yeah, Norman keeps trying to ship me with May. It's like this game was made to fulfilled my early teenage fantasies..

Macka

So...after complaining about how long Raikou took and swearing I'd a long break after I got it, I'm actually keen to keep SRing for more shiny legends. I'm not used to having both hands free while watching TV anymore! lol

The problem is I don't know what to go after. It can't be something that I need a competitive version of, so that rules out Cresselia, Heatran, the Genies and the (eww) Swords of Justice. I'm also not a fan of the Lake guardians or the Regi's. Reshiram/Zekrom are cool, but the shiny versions look practically the same so I don't really think it's worth the effort. Which leaves Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, or Entei/Suicune.

Hmm...none too tempting. I should probably just wait until I get AS and go for Eon Ticket Latios.

For w/e reason I keep thinking Gamefreak will adjust the Onix capture rate. This thing might as well be a freaking legendary. Hell I know for a fact I use more pokeballs in each game trying to catch one than on any legendary since effing Blue.

Muku

So...after complaining about how long Raikou took and swearing I'd a long break after I got it, I'm actually keen to keep SRing for more shiny legends. I'm not used to having both hands free while watching TV anymore! lol

The problem is I don't know what to go after. It can't be something that I need a competitive version of, so that rules out Cresselia, Heatran, the Genies and the (eww) Swords of Justice. I'm also not a fan of the Lake guardians or the Regi's. Reshiram/Zekrom are cool, but the shiny versions look practically the same so I don't really think it's worth the effort. Which leaves Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, or Entei/Suicune.

Hmm...none too tempting. I should probably just wait until I get AS and go for Eon Ticket Latios.

Latios would be worth it. But, the shiny versions of stuff are worth it if you want legit shinies for your shiny dex or whatever. I guess I know what I'm doing with this next year or more without a new game, LOL.

OR and JPN AS I'll SR for decent nature/IVs, which won't be bad. But my AS is my one for shinies. It's going to be a hell of a ride. I can't even get past the first one, haha!

Snow Cloak or Ice Body for Glaceon?
I'd say Snow Cloak as the evade makes you take zero damage and being a Glaceon you'll generally take more damage than Ice Body will heal. Unless you're playing against disciples of Smogon in which case evade is the most scumbag strategy ever or something as it is too luck based...

Where do you get timer balls from?
Make sure you have talked to the scientist on route 116 otherwise the second counter in the Rustboro City Pokemart won't be there.

I made that mistake a few days ago and thought my game was glitched.

Tiamant

So the Pokédex in ORAS has this new feature in which you can see all your pokémon march so you can observe their size in relation to the main character, and maaaan there are some weird things there.

Squirtle is soooo small and so is Seviper and Kyogre to an extent. Wailord is even bigger than I expected, but the worst offender has to be Roselia, it's really really small!

Dryk

Yeah, but does anyone seriously use Ditto? I dunno just don't like 'em. Though I like the phrase fitting with it too, haha.
Imposter Choice Scarf Ditto has a very small niche, but it is very good at what it does

Unless you're playing against disciples of Smogon in which case evade is the most scumbag strategy ever or something as it is too luck based..
The evasion clause predates Smogon by a very, very long time. Though back in the day it was more of a "If you use Double Team I will hit you" clause

spiritfox

So the Pokédex in ORAS has this new feature in which you can see all your pokémon march so you can observe their size in relation to the main character, and maaaan there are some weird things there.

Squirtle is soooo small and so is Seviper and Kyogre to an extent. Wailord is even bigger than I expected, but the worst offender has to be Roselia, it's really really small!

Every time Wailord pops up I laugh. It just dwarfs everything around it!

Yrael

I just found my shiny ID again for Pokemon Platinum, and an old installation of RNG Reporter in an external hard drive.

1549089_o.gif

It'll be good for breeding shiny Pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 4 that I can transfer forward to ORAS.

Top Bottom