• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

backlot

My current team: Manectric, Swampert, Gallade, Salamence, Aggron and Blaziken.

Overall I'm pretty happy, even if it's probably not very competitive. I'm not very sure about the two fighting types, but I might switch out Blaziken for a HA Serperior or Torterra once I get my hands on them.

Mega Evolve all of them.

Can someone hook me up with an HA Snivy? I plan to just screw around in the upcoming NeoGAF tourney and thus want one for my team but need one for breeding ASAP.

Well, about 25 eggs into the HP Fire part of the Snivy breeding, a shiny showed up. Likely has 31/odd/odd/27/30/30 considering it's HP Bug and I know what the parents had, so no competitive battling for it, but it's still cool.

Really glad I decided to send up my Japanese N Pokemon (all 30) instead of my English set. Would have preferred to get an all 30 Japanese Ditto, but I only realized how useful that would be well after certain methods were no longer possible for me.

Also geez, no shiny charm yet and I get a shiny through MM when it took me 300-500 eggs over three days to get that Honedge with the charm.

Azuran

Banned
Can someone hook me up with an HA Snivy? I plan to just screw around in the upcoming NeoGAF tourney and thus want one for my team but need one for breeding ASAP.

Don't believe him guys! Probably going to run something that laughs in the face of all your Talonflames.

Panzon

Well guys its been fun. Selling my 3DS with all the pokemon games later tonight and I must say I will miss this thread very much. I need the distractions out of my life and unfortunately I was too addicted to Pokemon. Hopefully I don't get the urge to play anymore because this is the second time I do this, especially when I read the PokeGAF community.

I'll watch the VGC but until then, so long Poke brethren. You guys are the best

quabba

So when you guys build your teams are they built for singles or doubles. Is battle spot ranked the best way to get fair matches? I tried free battles and it was all legendary all the time. It was fun to beat a few of them with my team but got boring when I faced my ogre groudo. Rayquazza every single match.

Also one of my Pokemon was rejected from rated battles, there were no dupe pokes, items or legendary in the team but some of them were obtained in trades so maybe they aren't legit?

Well guys its been fun. Selling my 3DS with all the pokemon games later tonight and I must say I will miss this thread very much. I need the distractions out of my life and unfortunately I was too addicted to Pokemon. Hopefully I don't get the urge to play anymore because this is the second time I do this, especially when I read the PokeGAF community.

I'll watch the VGC but until then, so long Poke brethren. You guys are the best

Goodluck, buddy. Enjoy your pokemans-free life.

Sounds like a douche traded you a bad hack, quabba. That said, yes, ranked is the way to go. In addition to having restrictions, eventually your rating will reflect your skill level and you'll have a tendency to be paired up with players of a similar skill level, leading to better matches.
Sure I can spare one if you're still looking.
Yes please, thanks. <3

Also, yes Azuran, I'm really running it.

I'm also running anti-bird measures. ;P

ffdgh

Sounds like a douche traded you a bad hack, quabba. That said, yes, ranked is the way to go. In addition to having restrictions, eventually your rating will reflect your skill level and you'll have a tendency to be paired up with players of a similar skill level, leading to better matches.

Yes please, thanks. <3

Also, yes Azuran, I'm really running it.

I'm also running anti-bird measures. ;P

Alright just send a trade request whenever you're ready.

Edit: enjoy your opposite snake!

backlot

So when you guys build your teams are they built for singles or doubles. Is battle spot ranked the best way to get fair matches? I tried free battles and it was all legendary all the time. It was fun to beat a few of them with my team but got boring when I faced my ogre groudo. Rayquazza every single match.

Also one of my Pokemon was rejected from rated battles, there were no dupe pokes, items or legendary in the team but some of them were obtained in trades so maybe they aren't legit?

I prefer double battles myself. I feel like they have more going on. You should definitely do rated battles though. The majority of free battles are just teams of 6 cover legends like you mentioned.

Did the rejected Pokemon have a blue pentagon on its status screen? Only Pokemon from 6th gen games are allowed on Battlespot now. If it did have the pentagon and was still not allowed in a free battle then it was probably hacked.

Shaim

Neo Member
Any one with Japanese Ruby/Alpha happen to grab the HA Serperior event? And if so, do you have any interest in trading away one of its offspring with the HA? I would be very thankful and would gladly share some as well.

Found one, and will gladly share. PM if any one is interested.

This legendary rng. Giratina IVs on like 4th attempt:
31/ 29 / 28 / 31 / 31 / 31
Why does this happen when I don't care about the outcome but when I care about the outcome it takes forever to get anything worthwhile?

With that I'm basically done until I decide to do another playthrough...wait I forgot to do a bit of a breeding, I hate the battle resort loop. I find it hard to line up with the kid and the loop is more involving then central plaza of Lumoise.

With that I'm basically done until I decide to do another playthrough...wait I forgot to do a bit of a breeding, I hate the battle resort loop. I find it hard to line up with the kid and the loop is more involving then central plaza of Lumoise.
Lining up with the kid? If you're having trouble, just get off your bike to line up with ease and *then* get on. Of course, you'll want to have the bike be the only registered item if you don't want to get too annoyed doing that.

quabba

I prefer double battles myself. I feel like they have more going on. You should definitely do rated battles though. The majority of free battles are just teams of 6 cover legends like you mentioned.

Did the rejected Pokemon have a blue pentagon on its status screen? Only Pokemon from 6th gen games are allowed on Battlespot now. If it did have the pentagon and was still not allowed in a free battle then it was probably hacked.

Pentagon's probably it actually, yeah.

Also, thanks ffdgh. <3

Oh well that makes sense they dont have pentagons. I've used them to breed some 5iv offspring but I wanted to try them out in battles before I ev trained and did move sets etc. I'm playing doubles too, one things for sure I need to work out some talonflame and kanga counters.

Also so many breeding rejects to get rid of... Guess I'll wondertrade the 4 Iv rejects but i still ended up with 5x 5iv technician scythers and 5x 5ivserene grace togepi.

Macka

The RNG hates me in OR. :/

Been running from Latias with the shiny charm on and off for the last three weeks, well past 15,000 encounters at this point and she just refuses to shine.

I thought Raikou was bad.

So I've decided to breed a HP Fire Snivy. This is the first time I'm trying hidden power breeding, so any help to start me off would be much appreciated.

Edit: dafuq, I just got a shiny Snivy with Contrary and Glare on the GTS. Traded a regular Armaldo for it, LOL.

Edit 2: it has the pentagon! Shitty IV's but oh well, still awesome.

10403242_10205888546039190_5584896549421354686_n.jpg

WarAdept

-Unlock Regi caves
-Know that non-story legendaries can be shiny

Day 1: Enthusiastic
Day 2: Still enthusiastic but performing other tasks on the side with great interest.
Day 3: Annoyed as hell
Day 4: Mind numbing indifference but will still do it for a Poke that is fairly rubbish competitively and don't know why

Oh god GAF help.

ffdgh

So I've decided to breed a HP Fire Snivy. This is the first time I'm trying hidden power breeding, so any help to start me off would be much appreciated.

Edit: dafuq, I just got a shiny Snivy with Contrary and Glare on the GTS. Traded a regular Armaldo for it, LOL.

Edit 2: it has the pentagon! Shitty IV's but oh well, still awesome.

Well that's convientt...and reminds me I need to breed glare onto my snivy. Congratz!

-Unlock Regi caves

Day 2: Still enthusiastic but performing other tasks on the side with great interest.
Day 4: Mind numbing indifference but will still do it for a Poke that is fairly rubbish competitively and don't know why
Oh god GAF help.

You've already started the madness. May as well see it through to the end :p.

-Unlock Regi caves

Oh god GAF help.

Once you step into the hole that is shiny legendary hunting you will be trapped there for a very very long time.

GAF can no longer help you, you are now in the abyss.

Muku

-Unlock Regi caves

Oh god GAF help.

Good luck. I'm in Latias hell right now. Stupid thing still hasn't shown up as shiny, and worst yet is I'm trying to get the story one to pop up as that.

I still have x2 HA Serperior's if anyone is interested. These are the event ones themselves, not offspring. So if you really want the event ones themselves, for whatever reason, send me a PM.

Crossposting from the Tourny thread:

Anyone have spare Life Orb, Assault Vest, and Weakness Policy items? I'd take them on loan or "buy" them for 5 IV spitbacks. Let me know.

Good luck. I'm in Latias hell right now. Stupid thing still hasn't shown up as shiny, and worst yet is I'm trying to get the story one to pop up as that.

I still have x2 HA Serperior's if anyone is interested. These are the event ones themselves, not offspring. So if you really want the event ones themselves, for whatever reason, send me a PM.

I'm always willing to grab an offspring just for the HA. However if no one is taking an event mon I'll grab it

Muku

I'm always willing to grab an offspring just for the HA. However if no one is taking an event mon I'll grab it

Sure.

I figure it's also easier to pass some of these out to help get the HA out. :)

I'm on right now as well. Just add my non JPN FC.

Edit: IGN is Muku

Just got a Snivy with the pentagon with 4 perfect IVs and Contrary on the GTS, thanks stranger!

Now what egg moves shall I breed on it..

Ugh what a crappy movepool...

Offtopic:

EDIT: Haha, I just got the Slowpoke theme, this thing is hilarious.

Muku

Well I know we've traded in XY lol

Yeah, I still do my trading generally in X. Just don't really like ORAS when it comes to online stuff. Especially since you have to get far enough in. Plus at least on X for legendaries I can IV check them.

Enjoy!

Edit: Haha, I like your naming scheme there. I always use some variation of Muku. My main game is Muku, my secondary ENG game is Mukumuku, and my JPN game is always &#12512;&#12463;. I just like consistency.
I'm weird like that.

Yeah, I still do my trading generally in X. Just don't really like ORAS when it comes to online stuff. Especially since you have to get far enough in. Plus at least on X for legendaries I can IV check them.

Enjoy!

I personally prefer ORAS, and dexnav chaining is gonna make shiny hunting much easier.

Muku

I personally prefer ORAS, and dexnav chaining is gonna make shiny hunting much easier.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the DexNav in it. I just feel like getting to part where you can actually trade online is too far into the game, and it's a huge irritating point for me. :/ Mainly because I farm these Pokemon, and I can't simply trade to my X/Y or anything else. I have to Pokebank it because you can't trade online.

I play for shinies, ribbons, and maybe breeding. Kinda got lazy and stopped working on my 6IV roserade.

nu10X.jpg

Old image and that golem has even more ribbons now lol. Both my gen 4 Milotic and Golem have full pages of ribbons.

Muku

I play for shinies. And breeding. Though I've never liked the contest stuff. I feel like I'm the exception though. I never got the big thing about them. I mean it's good because it gives you additional stuff to do in-game. And I feel like it's a bit easier to get into this round, just boring. x_x

On another note, been thinking, I know a while back I asked regarding the dates on Pokemon when you got them. Was told when you moved them up, they lost their original dates. Probably why they stop showing them. With Pokebank though, for now anyway, I think we're safe from losing that. At some point I imagine that Pokemon games will no longer be compatible with it. Do you guys think whenever that point is
which could be a long way off
they'll ever fix it so it stays with the Pokemon?

Muku

The substitute island showed up, aw yiss. That's a couple more Pokémon builds finished.

Muku, you happen to be online?

I do. Just finished up dinner. I ... can't remember which 3DS I have you on though.

Edit: Nevermind. First guess got it.

I do. Just finished up dinner. I ... can't remember which 3DS I have you on though.

I just saw someone pop online, might've been you.

I don't have much to offer right now, all my breeding rejects went to Wonder Trade on Christmas. Thanks for the Serperior!

Yeah, I've sent you a request. I'm Muku.

Edit: It's all good. I'm not expecting anything for him. Just wanting to get more HA out there. You're welcome!

I'm getting him into the Daycare immediately. Breed some little Snivy. Too bad I don't have any females in a Cherish Ball to breed it with.

A shame every good Serperior build I find out there needs Hidden Power. I don't have the patience to breed for that. I could go dual screens, I suppose.

Muku

I hear you. I don't have that kind of patience to go for Hidden Power either. The idea is cool.. in practice though I find there are many more interesting things to do instead of that.

Top Bottom