• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I know it's not OU, but damn, Togekiss is fun to use.

I nearly cried when my Togekiss counter (Heatran) got frozen near the start of a battle.

Turns out my ORAS team isn't that amazing when only one or two of my Pokemon can handle Togekiss.

Next time, I'll add a second counter for it XD

casiopao

Yeahhhh.^_^

Finally finish my team after 30 hours of grinding, breedning stressss due to wrong nature, rinse and repeat for 7 times i did it lol.^_^

Breloom,Togekiss,Azumarill,Milotic,Shuckle, and Whimsicott is redy to rumble lol.^_^

quabba

Finally got the national dex complete and got the shiny charm! Now I bet any shiny I see will be the ones that barely look different.

Muku

anyone here have an extra eon ticket code? :/

Codes are only ones in Japan, since it was given out via a serial code in Corocoro a while back. So you'd have to have a Japanese one to even redeem it. Everywhere else it was given to a few people to spread, if I recall right.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Codes are only ones in Japan, since it was given out via a serial code in Corocoro a while back. So you'd have to have a Japanese one to even redeem it. Everywhere else it was given to a few people to spread, if I recall right.
There was a code giveaway from Maxsoft in America; they did it twice.

Muku

Oh really? I don't recall hearing anything about that. Just remember Joe saying specific folks would get it and encouraged to pass it around. Most interesting... though I've never heard of Maxsoft.

Just got alpha sapphire and I been out of the Pokemon loop for like 15 years. What are some things I should do? And does anyone have any good tips?

Firestorm

Maxsoft is Singapore and maybe more of Southeast Asia. The North American distribution was through League Leaders and Premier Challenge Organizers so over 1000 people got codes to distribute to their event attendees to then pass on.

HawthorneKitty

Maxsoft is Singapore and maybe more of Southeast Asia. The North American distribution was through League Leaders and Premier Challenge Organizers so over 1000 people got codes to distribute to their event attendees to then pass on.
Doesn't exclude the fact that American players were able to get codes from Maxsoft that worked. I got it this way.

Muku

Doesn't exclude the fact that American players were able to get codes from Maxsoft that worked. I got it this way.

Maybe, but think it's a bit stretching to say it was an American event.

Edit: Though thinking about it, never even heard about that event. But I haven't kept tabs much on stuff lately.

On another note... HA Serperior this week!!

HawthorneKitty

Maybe, but think it's a bit stretching to say it was an American event.
Well I didn't know Maxsoft like you, but I didn't call it an event, just a giveaway. I singled out American to clear future confusion of region availability.
It's not like I keep up with NTSC regions.

Muku

Well I didn't know Maxsoft like you, but I didn't call it an event, just a giveaway. I singled out American to clear future confusion of region availability.
It's not like I keep up with NTSC regions.

Well, tend to think SE Asia is NTSC, isn't it? Not aimed at you, just something I'm curious about. I know HK is NTSC.

I am curious thinking about regions, are there any other regions where they restrict you to only allow you to choose within the country you live? I ask because Japanese 3DS is that way. You can't set for any other country outside of it. I know it's more about settings at that point, but more of a curiousity thing.

spiritfox

SEA is NTSC, and we can play whatever the US can play, and vice versa. Nintendo doesn't have a SEA presense, so distribution is handled by Maxsoft, who is a 3rd party.

There are only 3 distinct regions for Nintendo systems: Japan, PAL (Europe and ANZ), and the rest of the world.

Muku

SEA is NTSC, and we can play whatever the US can play, and vice versa. Nintendo doesn't have a SEA presense, so distribution is handled by Maxsoft, who is a 3rd party.

There are only 3 distinct regions for Nintendo systems: Japan, PAL (Europe and ANZ), and the rest of the world.

Wow didn't realize rest of world was clumped together. Guess it's easier.

Thinking about that, does a PAL 3DS let you swap regions to show where you are from? (And if so, is it within EU and ANZ?) Seeing the regions like that, I'm assuming they tie where you show you "live" within region it is. At least that is my assumption right now.

Thanks, but there weren't any of those Mirage Spots when I was looking today.

I will be keeping my eye out for them, as I can imagine grass Pokemon are easier to catch that the water ones >___<
You can abuse Buzz nav by not saving after you get your Islands (from connecting to the Internet), you just keep soft resetting until the Island you want appears. Problem is I hate using the Dexnav where Ditto is in this game; caves are terrible in general and the grass one has tiny patches.

Thanks. Another question, is there a comprehensive list of changes from gen 5 to gen 6.

And by that I mean, things like moves having different base damage, abilities and items reworked etc.. I know special moves got nerved but that's pretty much it.
A big item change is gems are now a 30% boost rather than 50%. Yes the only Gem in Gen VI so far is the Normal Gem though (there is data for the rest).

MicH

Wow didn't realize rest of world was clumped together. Guess it's easier.

Thinking about that, does a PAL 3DS let you swap regions to show where you are from? (And if so, is it within EU and ANZ?) Seeing the regions like that, I'm assuming they tie where you show you "live" within region it is. At least that is my assumption right now.
Yeah, you can set your region to all countries that get PAL systems on a PAL 3DS. Thats how Europeans were able to import a Australian New 3DS and use it with their region setting

Woohoo! I finally got the flawless Feebas I wanted.

Even better, it has 0 Attack, so it's basically a 6 IV.

Only annoying thing is that it has Oblivious, but eh I'll just have to cough up for an Ability Capsule.

Speaking of Snivy, I just got a shiny one from a TSV giveaway : D

I am more excited about the HA Snivy (out this Friday?), but hey it's shiny and flawless so I'm not complaining.

Woohoo! I finally got the flawless Feebas I wanted.

Even better, it has 0 Attack, so it's basically a 6 IV.

Only annoying thing is that it has Oblivious, but eh I'll just have to cough up for an Ability Capsule.

Speaking of Snivy, I just got a shiny one from a TSV giveaway : D

I am more excited about the HA Snivy (out this Friday?), but hey it's shiny and flawless so I'm not complaining.

Awesome.

I don't even check TSV Giveaways i'm never in there.

Awesome.

I don't even check TSV Giveaways i'm never in there.

I just do it from time to time.

Most of the time I forget, but sometimes I get a request to hatch an egg and I'm like "oh yeah, I should check to see if people are giving away any eggs."

Today was one of those times and luckily I was the first one to claim my TSV (since there are like two or three other users with my TSV).

Yrael

I think my TSV for Pokemon X is 2899 (discovered it during the days of Instacheck). I don't have PowerSaves so I can't find my TSV for AS.

You can abuse Buzz nav by not saving after you get your Islands (from connecting to the Internet), you just keep soft resetting until the Island you want appears. Problem is I hate using the Dexnav where Ditto is in this game; caves are terrible in general and the grass one has tiny patches.

I didn't know that. That's handy since the only thing I need from Mirage Spots now is Snarl and that cave has refused to appear for me since I cleared Delta Episode.

Azuran

Banned
I just got 4 6IV Rotom in a couple of batches and I don't know whether I should be happy or not. I really don't like confusion >.>

Damn, why must my luck be so good today?

MicH

So there was a reason why the RNG gods hated me and wouldn't get me a flawless Poliwag. I just FINALLY hatched a flawless one... and it's shiny!! It even has the right ability! *faints* That's so cool. I will have a blue Politoed :D

backlot

So there was a reason why the RNG gods hated me and wouldn't get me a flawless Poliwag. I just FINALLY hatched a flawless one... and it's shiny!! It even has the right ability! *faints* That's so cool. I will have a blue Politoed :D

Wow, congrats! Bring on the rain.

ffdgh

The RNG can be awesome like that...very rare but whateves. Congratz!

Nice!

Now I'm expecting a shiny flawless HP Fire HA female Eevee.

I'll take a non-shiny too, ye RNG gods.

Also...

00250.png

Special thanks to suikodan for trading me a Mew. Never had one before, so I was very excited (read: screaming like a schoolgirl) to receive it.

MicH

Thanks so much guys! First time ever breeding a Politoed too!

The RNG can be awesome like that...very rare but whateves. Congratz!
Yeah, I've experienced that too :lol That Poliwag was particularly annoying as I kept getting the wrong IVs passed down or getting the wrong abilities. It's only my second Masuda in ORAS and funnily enough both were unintentional. The first was a Bagon within the first couple of batches so quite the opposite compared to this

That's great. Enjoy it!

Ahhhhhhh I finally completed my living dex!*

Young me is so proud :)

I've been sat on it almost complete for a couple of days, just short of Latias and patiently (heh) waiting for that one lucky EON Streetpass to come in.

Today I started tidying up everything and now have everybody with their correct English names and I'm the OT on everybody except the Y and AS legendaries I had to trade for.
I just finished doing this a few minutes ago and realised I hadn't checked my passes since getting in today..... and whadda know!? Eon ticket!

I caught Latias in a pink Heal ball.

So I'm now done, first time I've filled the dex on any game too :)

(*okay okay I'm technically only at 710 with only Jirachi, Celebi and Diancie of the mythical's gotten but shhhhhh, I'm not thinking about those right now)

Muku

Ahhhhhhh I finally completed my living dex!*

Young me is so proud :)

I've been sat on it almost complete for a couple of days, just short of Latias and patiently (heh) waiting for that one lucky EON Streetpass to come in.

Today I started tidying up everything and now have everybody with their correct English names and I'm the OT on everybody except the Y and AS legendaries I had to trade for.
I just finished doing this a few minutes ago and realised I hadn't checked my passes since getting in today..... and whadda know!? Eon ticket!

I caught Latias in a pink Heal ball.

So I'm now done, first time I've filled the dex on any game too :)

(*okay okay I'm technically only at 710 with only Jirachi, Celebi and Diancie of the mythical's gotten but shhhhhh, I'm not thinking about those right now)

Congratulations! It is a weird and wonderful feeling this generation to complete the Pokedex. Best part is seeing so many folks doing it, completing their kid dreams. :)

Only thing about event legendaries is you can't be their OT. But maybe with time that will change. Seeing as Deoxys is in ORAS, I hope it means good things for the others too. But what you did is way more a focused goal than I did. Was just happy completing it where ever they came from. Want a new challenge? Shiny dex with you as their OT.
Sounds painful.

KtSlime

Question about Pokemon Bank, to complete my pokedex, I will be using it, but I haven't signed up for it yet, if I have a multistage Pokemon in one game, and have evolved it to its final stage, when I transfer it, will it register all the stages in the dex, or only the stage that I transfer? Should I sign up now and be transferring things back and forth before I evolve them so I don't have to catch a bunch more?

Yrael

Question about Pokemon Bank, to complete my pokedex, I will be using it, but I haven't signed up for it yet, if I have a multistage Pokemon in one game, and have evolved it to its final stage, when I transfer it, will it register all the stages in the dex, or only the stage that I transfer? Should I sign up now and be transferring things back and forth before I evolve them so I don't have to catch a bunch more?

Only the stage that you transfer will be entered in the Pokedex - you actually have to see the Pokemon's evolution in your own game to have it registered.

Muku

Only the stage it is at. So if you want a complete Pokedex, you will need every Pokemon that evolves at each step along the way. It's best just to collect them that way for future games. Import it all, get credit for it, complete Pokedex.

Also, HA Serperior is live?!

KtSlime

Only the stage that you transfer will be entered in the Pokedex - you actually have to see the Pokemon's evolution in your own game to have it registered.

Only the stage it is at. So if you want a complete Pokedex, you will need every Pokemon that evolves at each step along the way. It's best just to collect them that way for future games. Import it all, get credit for it, complete Pokedex.

Also, HA Serperior is live?!

Thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind.

Also I'm grabbing my serperior now.

Can't wait to get my hands on those HA starters.

Speaking of, are there any Turtwig with Shell Armor out there? I'd love to get a Torterra with that.

Muku

I hope some of you guys gets access to that Contrary goodness and are willing to spread it :D

Hoping to start farming some soon. Waiting on someone to get back to me about something I'm SRing for them. I have a ton I have to get for friends and all. x_x Guess it also gives me some kinda last minute farming Beldum again. Want to give a few HA Serperior away here too.

Forkball

The guy who I helped reunite with his girlfriend via rock smash gave me Aggronite and then said "we should go to my place and rest" to her.

I just got someone laid with a HM didn't I?

Top Bottom