• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

I am pretty sure I transferred my living dex from X as soon as I got the national dex and the professor gave me the charm right away.

I have already put my living dex in the game (did it at very start). So it's just a matter of getting there. But that would be freaking awesome if you don't have to wait til end. Okay might have to try to alternate playing OR and SRing in AS then. Latias is a story blocker...

Muku

I see the Corocoro reveal of Hoopa. I just can't take that picture of the legendary seriously. Though to be honest, thought the event ones for this generation were kind of meh. :(

I got a Contrary Snivy earlier, so I started breeding it. Little did I know that I would hatch my first perfect Pokémon! A prefect modest Contrary Snivy. I also hatched one with 5 IVs, missing attack. Today was a good breeding day.

I bred a calm one with Dual Screens that is now already a lvl 44 Serperior. Now I just need to breed a Modest one, though I don't know what moveset I'd use. What are you rolling with? I'm thinking Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse and Glare.

It confirmed that a shiny Rayquaza will be distributed at the World Hobby Fair between January 18 and February 8.

I hope someone gets their hands on a few of those, I'd love one. Shiny Rayquaza is my jam.

I see the Corocoro reveal of Hoopa. I just can't take that picture of the legendary seriously. Though to be honest, thought the event ones for this generation were kind of meh. :(

Yeah, even Volcanion is lame, I don't see the point when Heatran already exists.

Speaking of great Snivys, I bred a 31/0/31/30/31/30 one last night; very happy with that one.

That said, I think I'll move onto HP Rock next.

The breeding never ends!

Oh dang, Shiny Rayquaza event? Looks like Joe was on the ball with that prediction.
I need it D:

Muku

Oh man. Shiny Rayquaza? Ffffffff. This is the best/worst time for this thing to come out. Also out in middle of nowhere at same center TGS is at. Tokyo really is too damn big. But X/Y and ORAS. Arceus... give me strength.

Edit: Also see from Bulbapedia:

"Additionally, the code to obtain the Hidden Ability Present Samurott has been revealed to be POKEMON503. This code cannot be redeemed until Jan. 16, 2015. It can only be used on Japanese region games."

Sweet Arceus on a pogostick, means we don't have to buy Corocoro? Mmmm hmmm...

Oh man. Shiny Rayquaza? Ffffffff. This is the best/worst time for this thing to come out. Also out in middle of nowhere at same center TGS is at. Tokyo really is too damn big. But X/Y and ORAS. Arceus... give me strength.

Edit: Also see from Bulbapedia:

"Additionally, the code to obtain the Hidden Ability Present Samurott has been revealed to be POKEMON503. This code cannot be redeemed until Jan. 16, 2015. It can only be used on Japanese region games."

Sweet Arceus on a pogostick, means we don't have to buy Corocoro? Mmmm hmmm...

Every time you say that, I feel like posting this:

1C9BVF8.png

You gonna get plenty of those Samurott, then? Mind keeping one aside for me again? :D

Hegarol

Muku said:
Planning a giveaway here? Would love to get one :)

Muku

Every time you say that, I feel like posting this:

1C9BVF8.png

You gonna get plenty of those Samurott, then? Mind keeping one aside for me again? :D

LOL didn't think you'd be lurking to post it. It's so awesome though!

I'm definitely gonna farm a few HA Emboar for GAF. Guess I can do HA Samurott too! Saves me from buying the Corocoro I suppose! And yes sir, I sure can. You too, Heg. Sorry missed your note between Arceus. on. a. pogostick.

Guess I'm going to be super busy next week. D: Got lots to farm since Emboar and Samurott come out at same time haha, ugh!

Also, this WHF is why ORAS blows. I can't remember how far in you have to be to get PSS, but that is the exact major reason ORAS is not high on my list.

LOL didn't think you'd be lurking to post it. It's so awesome though!

I'm definitely gonna farm a few HA Emboar for GAF. Guess I can do HA Samurott too! Saves me from buying the Corocoro I suppose! And yes sir, I sure can. You too, Heg. Sorry missed your note between Arceus. on. a. pogostick.

Guess I'm going to be super busy next week. D: Got lots to farm since Emboar and Samurott come out at same time haha, ugh!

Also, this WHF is why ORAS blows. I can't remember how far in you have to be to get PSS, but that is the exact major reason ORAS is not high on my list.

I lurk. I watch. I wait.

2yaXdC5.png

Hegarol

You can use bank as soon as you get the pokedex though. If you are farming events without items, using bank should be fine.

Muku

You can use bank as soon as you get the pokedex though. If you are farming events without items, using bank should be fine.

Yes, but... you have to have internet. I do that with farming stuff now (which is fine at home), but it'd be so much quicker if I could trade between games than Pokebank it.

LOL okay.. first time I loaded page it didn't show any picture. (Did you add it in after initial post?) But then I refreshed and saw that and busted out laughing. Creepy Arceus.

Yeah, I added it afterwards. Idea hit me right when I posted it.

Unrelated note, does anyone else wish they had more Battle Boxes? I've got at least three teams I'd like to store, having them all in one box is a bit annoying.

TomShoe

Banned
God, I am just so tempted to power through the story and start training my competitive team. I have a team of level 50s on deck just for this.

Should I do it?

Hegarol

Yes, but... you have to have internet. I do that with farming stuff now (which is fine at home), but it'd be so much quicker if I could trade between games than Pokebank it.
When I am not at home I use a hotspot with my phone to connect my 3DS to the internet. Works perfectly fine with an iPhone and probably with android too.

Muku

When I am not at home I use a hotspot with my phone to connect my 3DS to the internet. Works perfectly fine with an iPhone and probably with android too.

Depends on your plan and all maybe. I've actually cut mine down fairly recently to save on cost. Have to cut service soon since we're moving, so it's not even a guarantee if I went I'd have that then. My point is you aren't guaranteed it at the place. And again comes around to why ORAS is the worst. :/

Edit: Should ultimately state that my frustration is that I shouldn't have to do anything extra to get a Pokemon from a game to save it, which is what ORAS makes you do for a while. It's just awful design. When I figured out early on in AS I couldn't trade with X to get a couple of bred Pokemon for it and had to use bank, I was irritated. It really shouldn't have to come down to going through a long process in the beginning. :(

Goddammit Wailmer, I'm looking for Heart Scales and you're supposed to be less common than Luvdisc, why do you keep popping up you smug bastard.

Seriously.

tvhDfzH.png

Wailmer don't care

Muku

Goddammit Wailmer, I'm looking for Heart Scales and you're supposed to be less common than Luvdisc, why do you keep popping up you smug bastard.

Seriously.

tvhDfzH.png

Wailmer don't care

"Oh... hai there... were you waiting for someone else? Surprise! /smugface"

Edit: Is anyone else here near Tokyo area and thinking of hitting the WHF? Just curious at the moment.

Kinokou

Yeah, I added it afterwards. Idea hit me right when I posted it.

Unrelated note, does anyone else wish they had more Battle Boxes? I've got at least three teams I'd like to store, having them all in one box is a bit annoying.

Oh yes please. If anyone is keeping a list of what the ultimate Pokemon game should be like please add this. If remember correctly the vgc has a rule of not switching Pokemon out of the battle box? They could solve the issue of having multiple ones by having a red and two blue ones if that is the case and let the red one be the only official tournament legal battle box.

Muku

Wow, people are actually trying to sell Shiny hacked Pokemon on ebay? I haven't really been to ebay in ages, but think I've seen everything now.

"Original trainer on all will be Ash."

If that doesn't scream getting money for nothing, I don't know what does.

On a side note, have some questions about Rayquaza, which is how my Google search lead me to ebay showing me shiny hacked Rayquaza for sell...

What nature do folks generally run on just Rayquaza? What about Mega Rayquaza? (I imagine Adamant or maybe Jolly?)

I'm curious because the shiny event Rayquaza tends to have more special attack based stuff on it. What would that one generally run? Would you even keep those moves or replace them with physical attack stuff?

Wow, people are actually trying to sell Shiny hacked Pokemon on ebay? I haven't really been to ebay in ages, but think I've seen everything now.

"Original trainer on all will be Ash."

If that doesn't scream getting money for nothing, I don't know what does.
They've been doing this for years. Started with Gen 3, I can remember seeing a bunch of "ALL 386 POKEMON CAUGHT SHINY" carts up on there when only Ruby and Sapphire were out. Selling just the Pokemon started around Gen 4, I remember something about some guy trying to sell a shiny Ditto for like $20 and getting rightfully mocked.

If anyone has spare HA Snivys I'd apppreciate trading for one! I can give some breeding leftovers in return, just need to compile them...

I've got plenty, you want Modest or Calm?

Currently trading away on GTS to fill up my Pokédex. I need 35 more to be able to finish it all on my own through breeding and evolving. Should be able to construct a living dex that way, too.

I've got plenty, you want Modest or Calm?

Modest, thanks! I have leftovers of Riolu, Phantump, Klefki, Gligar, Eevee, Venipede, Gastly, Togepi, Scyther, Inkay, Tyrunt, Mudkip, Litwick, Rotom, Espurr, Chepin, Yamask, Bagon, Beldum, Bulbasuar, Mareep, Machop, and Slowpoke, if you want any. Most but not all have HA and/or egg moves, a few come in special balls.

Modest, thanks! I have leftovers of Riolu, Phantump, Klefki, Gligar, Eevee, Venipede, Gastly, Togepi, Scyther, Inkay, Tyrunt, Mudkip, Litwick, Rotom, Espurr, Chepin, Yamask, Bagon, Beldum, Bulbasuar, Mareep, Machop, and Slowpoke, if you want any. Most but not all have HA and/or egg moves, a few come in special balls.

I'm still missing Rotom, I'll take one of those. You online now? Already have on on my FL apparently.

Macka

I'm definitely gonna farm a few HA Emboar for GAF. Guess I can do HA Samurott too! Saves me from buying the Corocoro I suppose! And yes sir, I sure can. You too, Heg.
Can I put my name down for one as well? :)

What nature do folks generally run on just Rayquaza? What about Mega Rayquaza? (I imagine Adamant or maybe Jolly?)

I'm curious because the shiny event Rayquaza tends to have more special attack based stuff on it. What would that one generally run? Would you even keep those moves or replace them with physical attack stuff?
Pretty sure Jolly is the standard, with some sets running Adamant instead. Special sets are straight up outclassed given that Dragon Ascent is physical, so the only other natures you'd consider are Hasty/Naive for mixed sets.

Syntsui

Don't you guys use powersave to farm event Pokemon? It's so cheap and I'm planning to get one.

Seems to be the only viable way to farm without starting the game again and waiting to get the PSS.

Hegarol

Don't you guys use powersave to farm event Pokemon? It's so cheap and I'm planning to get one.

Seems to be the only viable way to farm without starting the game again and waiting to get the PSS.
I would never use powersave. I just don't have fun in cheating stuff. Collecting is much more rewarding if you do it yourself and not some device.

Can I put my name down for one as well? :)

Pretty sure Jolly is the standard, with some sets running Adamant instead. Special sets are straight up outclassed given that Dragon Ascent is physical, so the only other natures you'd consider are Hasty/Naive for mixed sets.

My Shiny (most likely hacked) Rayquaza is Hasty, so I'm running a mixed set on him. The one I caught in ORAS is Adamant.

Then again, if it were hacked, I would be unable to get it unto Pokébank, wouldn't I?

Syntsui

I would never use powersave. I just don't have fun in cheating stuff. Collecting is much more rewarding if you do it yourself and not some device.

The objetive is to create multiple saves, so you can repeat the events. it's not about hacking, as it is easy to identify hacked Pokemon.

Syntsui

I see. Sorry about that misunderstanding. I don't see why Powersaves is better than using Pokebank though.

I never used Pokébank, doesn't it save the game after you transfer your Pokémons? This way you won't be able to redo the event without starting over. With a Powersave you just create multiple save states, gets a lot of Pokémons, check the IVs and keep the goods one, give away the rest (which are not even cloned, so are 100% legit) and everybody profit.

L.O.R.D

question about the Hidden Ability Serperior
you use the download code POKEMON497
the game must be japanese version ,, right ?
if the game is japanese , but the language is english , should that work ?
my friend have japanese 3DS , he just start the game and got the shiny beldum
tried the code but there was nothing
"the gift was not there..."

JoeM86

Yeah if the game is on a Japanese 3DS it should work.

FSLink

Banned

Yeah I have my language set to English but it worked fine on my JPN copy of Omega Ruby.

Completed Delta Episode. I really liked this because it gave better closure to Team Magma/Aqua (Originally, you encountered them one more time at Mt. Pyre, and then they disappeared), and the Sky Pillar isn't as much as a pain as it was in the original, and you get more world building. Also, Deoxys.

Onto the Battle Resort, where I've gotten a Level Release, one more step to perfecting my Secret Base.

Macka

Yeah, Hoopa and especially Volcanion look pretty weird and unappealing to me. Diancie is meh.

Which is disappointing, because Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are the best looking Legends since Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza.

QP3

Beat the elite four this past week, I am a little ways into the Delta episode. It is my understanding that the resort opens up once I complete it?

Top Bottom