• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

As far as HP goes, users of Roserades with HP and Extrasensory must truly have the patience of saints or just compromise a lot when it comes to breeding (Extrasensory is a Budew only egg move which means one parent needs the luck incense meaning you have to choose between destiny knot and everstone...unless there is some other way to get Extrasensory onto Roserade which I missed).

Although that said looking at battle spot stats Extrasensory isn't used outside of singles (and even in singles it rarely picks up KOs) and looking in general at what things it wins against in doubles makes me wonder what HP people run. It sure isn't Fire...

The only saving grace for me with hidden power is N's pokemon from BW2. Thankyou all 30 iv spread.
N really could have done with training a Ditto :p

ffdgh

N really could have done with training a Ditto :p
That would have been so nice...but atlease he has a 30IV pokemon for every egg group. :D

I'm going to breed a flawless 30IV snivy, then throw it in the day care with ditto and hope I hit the rng lottery for HP ground...and Shiny.

Bladelaw

If this isn't the right thread for trading let me know. I'm super close to getting the oval charm i just need kyogre. Anyone interested in a dex trade? I'll swap right back i just need dex credit.

FC: 0817-3770-3428
3DS name: Fury
In game name: Bladelaw

Edit: Just noticed I'm not a junior anymore. Neat!

Muku

Still have one HA Serperior left if anyone wants. It's the actual event Pokemon rather than a breeding reject.

So, is anyone else soft resetting for competitive Legendaries? It's been 12+ hours for me, soft resetting for a 5IV Landorus,

If anyone is interested in splitting up efforts between different Legendaries, let me know.

As far as HP goes, users of Roserades with HP and Extrasensory must truly have the patience of saints or just compromise a lot when it comes to breeding (Extrasensory is a Budew only egg move which means one parent needs the luck incense meaning you have to choose between destiny knot and everstone...unless there is some other way to get Extrasensory onto Roserade which I missed).

Egg move breeding requires using multiple generations of pokemon. I'm working on an Extrasensory Roserade so here's the general rundown.

Mother roserade(with luck incense) + father Exeggcute(With extrasensory)

Child budew has extrasensory.

In gen 6, if either parent has an egg move the child learns it so that budew can be a parent and another parent with a new egg move can breed a new child with more egg moves.

Once you have a child with all the egg moves then you work on IV's. So basically it'll may take multiple eggs before you start working on the destiny knot/IV tweaking for HP.

Basically at the end, you'll be working with a Budew/Roselia/Roserade with the egg moves and luck incense, and a ditto with the destiny knot/everstone.

Croc

Banned
So, my boyfriend and I both got ORAS for the holidays. We both played XY as well but kinda trailed off after a bit so we weren't around for the Diancie stuff. He just found out about it and wants one sooo bad (he loves Fairy Pokemon). Is there any way to get one any more or is that totally done now?

So, my boyfriend and I both got ORAS for the holidays. We both played XY as well but kinda trailed off after a bit so we weren't around for the Diancie stuff. He just found out about it and wants one sooo bad (he loves Fairy Pokemon). Is there any way to get one any more or is that totally done now?

What region? North America or Europe?

I have some spare Diancies.

I tried putting in the Pokemon497 code for Contrary Serperior, but it didn't work, saying "the gift was not there". What gives?

Also, does anyone have a Froslass or Gallade? Don't need them as teammates, just need Pokedex data. They, along with Rayquaza, are the only ones needed to complete my Hoenn Pokedex.

MicH

I tried putting in the Pokemon497 code for Contrary Serperior, but it didn't work, saying "the gift was not there". What gives?

Also, does anyone have a Froslass or Gallade? Don't need them as teammates, just need Pokedex data. They, along with Rayquaza, are the only ones needed to complete my Hoenn Pokedex.
The Contrary Serperior event is only for Japanese games

Bladelaw

I can do a dex data trade rayquaza for kyogre if we trade back after. Can probably rustle up a gallade too.

ffdgh

By some crazy luck, I breed a hp ground (30/30/30/31/30/30) Snivy while breeding for a shiny one lol. Huzzah Backup!

Azuran

Banned
Yeah well Cresselia, I don't like you either. Every single one I have gotten has garbage IVs in either DEF or SDEF.

I don't want to SR anymore. I don't know how some of you can do this for non stop for days D:

Macka

Hey guys, I'm raising Smeargle to catch pokemon. What's a good moveset for Smeargle?

False Swipe/Soak
Spore/???

Have it hold a Leppa Berry, and give it Trick.

Gives you at least ten more turns of PP, and if you combine that with another Pokemon with the Harvest ability and Skill Swap, you'll never have to worry about a Pokemon struggling again.

It's almost a requirement for Ho-Oh/Lugia in ORAS given they only have 20 PP total.

Can anyone help me trade evolve? Just 4 pokemon, Magmar, Electabuzz, Shelmet and Karrablast which need to be traded to each other to evolve.

FC: 2509-2163-1431
IGN: Silmeria

entremet

I just found about Diancie lol.

What a dumb distribution. Only Gamestop and codes were limited unlike before where you just open the mystery gift within the wifi location and you needed X/Y, which I don't have anymore.

Muku

I just found about Diancie lol.

What a dumb distribution. Only Gamestop and codes were limited unlike before where you just open the mystery gift within the wifi location and you needed X/Y, which I don't have anymore.

I don't get why they do it that route, when in Japan all we had to do was go to the movie and you could bring as many games as you wanted. Within the theater room itself you were watching it in you could nab as many as you wanted. Unfortunately for me I'd already beaten all three games I had with me and didn't want to do it again to farm more.
Though farming during movie might have been a good idea, haha.
I'm not sure why rest of the world got it in shitty serial code format. :/

r6kb.png

So, that's that.

How did you get this?

entremet

I don't get why they do it that route, when in Japan all we had to do was go to the movie and you could bring as many games as you wanted. Within the theater room itself you were watching it in you could nab as many as you wanted. Unfortunately for me I'd already beaten all three games I had with me and didn't want to do it again to farm more.
Though farming during movie might have been a good idea, haha.
I'm not sure why rest of the world got it in shitty serial code format. :/

If you have extra, let me know. I don't have anything to offer sadly.

I just started my quest for all of them.

I'm getting him into the Daycare immediately. Breed some little Snivy. Too bad I don't have any females in a Cherish Ball to breed it with.

A shame every good Serperior build I find out there needs Hidden Power. I don't have the patience to breed for that. I could go dual screens, I suppose.

I think I'm about to give up myself.

Been IV checking random mons for hours. Just then I had an Absol with a 1/4 chance to have 30 in speed. Fed it rare candies until it was narrowed down to 50% chance. Ends up being 29. :(

There must be someone on here who's bred for HP fire before. :(

Muku

If you have extra, let me know. I don't have anything to offer sadly.

I just started my quest for all of them.

I have like maybe one left. I've given all my extras out for nothing. I kind of feel like the last one though I want something for it though. Sorry. :(

Though, maybe ask Aveyn?

Yeah well Cresselia, I don't like you either. Every single one I have gotten has garbage IVs in either DEF or SDEF.

I don't want to SR anymore. I don't know how some of you can do this for non stop for days D:

It's okay. Just realize you aren't alone and we're all dying a little on the inside. I'm not going for IVs in my AS but shiny. I kind of wish I was going for IVs though. It'd be easier. Been working on a shiny Latias since November 29th. Now, granted I haven't SR'd in AS since like Dec 28th or so, but I like to think of it as my me break. It's a totally soul crushing experience right now. And Nov 29th - Dec 28th was every day. Maybe soon I'll get back to it. Thinking of start OR though to alternate between SRing and playing. Though in OR I'm going to get to a point I have to SR there too. :( I just hope I have shiny charm by time I need to on the legendaries you can get there you can't get in AS.

Muku

Speaking of shiny, how many legendaries are you REQUIRED to catch before you can get the shiny charm in ORAS?

I know there is Latias and Groudon/Kyogre. Thing about Groudon/Kygore is shiny lock so that's okay.

Azuran

Banned
Speaking of shiny, how many legendaries are you REQUIRED to catch before you can get the shiny charm in ORAS?

I know there is Latias and Groudon/Kyogre. Thing about Groudon/Kygore is shiny lock so that's okay.

Rayquaza is mandatory. You don't need to catch Groudon/Kyogre to move the story, so they're not required.

Muku

Rayquaza is mandatory. You don't need to catch Groudon/Kyogre to move the story, so they're not required.

True, but they're shiny locked anyway so even waiting later on them doesn't matter. Rayquaza is also locked, yes? Think it's just those three that are. If so, then I guess I'm set if I can get stupid Latias.

entremet

I have like maybe one left. I've given all my extras out for nothing. I kind of feel like the last one though I want something for it though. Sorry. :(

Though, maybe ask Aveyn?

It's okay. Just realize you aren't alone and we're all dying a little on the inside. I'm not going for IVs in my AS but shiny. I kind of wish I was going for IVs though. It'd be easier. Been working on a shiny Latias since November 29th. Now, granted I haven't SR'd in AS since like Dec 28th or so, but I like to think of it as my me break. It's a totally soul crushing experience right now. And Nov 29th - Dec 28th was every day. Maybe soon I'll get back to it. Thinking of start OR though to alternate between SRing and playing. Though in OR I'm going to get to a point I have to SR there too. :( I just hope I have shiny charm by time I need to on the legendaries you can get there you can't get in AS.

No problem. Didn't know you had only one left.

Growlie19

I got a Contrary Snivy earlier, so I started breeding it. Little did I know that I would hatch my first perfect Pokémon! A prefect modest Contrary Snivy. I also hatched one with 5 IVs, missing attack. Today was a good breeding day.

Hegarol

True, but they're shiny locked anyway so even waiting later on them doesn't matter. Rayquaza is also locked, yes? Think it's just those three that are. If so, then I guess I'm set if I can get stupid Latias.
You get the national dex after Groudon/Kyogre and before the 8th gym and Delta episode. So its really actually just Lati@s.

Muku

You get the national dex after Groudon/Kyogre and before the 8th gym and Delta episode. So its really actually just Lati@s.

But I don't imagine you get the shiny charm, which is what I ultimately need, until after the Elite 4, correct? Shiny charm I'm aiming for to make my shiny legendary hunt easier. Because I want to
slap
hug this story Latias to know I need it to become Shiny. It needs to come out golden or I cannot move on.

Hegarol

But I don't imagine you get the shiny charm, which is what I ultimately need, until after the Elite 4, correct? Shiny charm I'm aiming for to make my shiny legendary hunt easier. Because I want to
slap
hug this story Latias to know I need it to become Shiny. It needs to come out golden or I cannot move on.
I am pretty sure I transferred my living dex from X as soon as I got the national dex and the professor gave me the charm right away.

Top Bottom