• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Anyone know if they're giving away event Pokemon during outbreakchu again? Also the event is from the 8th through the 16th. So that actually sorta changes things for me as far as my trip is concerned.

Wow, isn't that the same as around last year? I went August 16th last year. Can't remember if that was last day or one more to go. Think it went to 17th.

Ugh, breeding nidorans are more trouble than they're worth. I'm pretty sure I've hatched every other nature but the one I want, and the only time I got the nature I wanted it was the wrong gender. The RNG to get a female, HA, modest nidoran with decent IVs is stacked against me lol

As others have mentioned, its always best to breed for nature first before breeding for IVs. I tend to do the following when breeding a new pokemon.

1. Decide Egg Moves and Nature.
2. Search PC for Egg Moves and for Natures on a male pokemon.
3. Breed for Nature and Egg Moves.
4. Breed for IVs.

You should develop the practice of searching your PC for pokemon in the needed egg groups to speed up the breeding process. It's a lot faster to breed ♂Bergmite's Nature or ♂Dewgong's Nature with Nidoran♀, than just breeding Nidoran and hoping for a female with the desired nature.

Muku

Well, jumping Arceus on a pogostick. Leveling up a few shinies in X. Already had a Bulbasaur and Charmander, so got those to Charmeleon and Ivysaur. Meditite to Medicham. Beldum to Metang. Working on my last Beldum to Metagross. (Farmed them at start of ORAS for trade but also enough to get full evo chain.) While leveling the last Beldum, come across a shiny Gothorita. X is always more giving to me than Latias is. (Yeah, I know, no shiny charm in ORAS yet, and Latias is a jerk.) Just a nice pick me up. Wanted to farm Latias tonight but this shiny leveling is taking longer than I wanted.

Best waste of an o-power EXP use ever. Used it ... then shiny Gothorita popped up. Haha ugh. Silly Pokemon.

Edit: Strangely enough it is Timid and IVs check out speed is pretty good (not max) and attack is actually 0.

I hate every single Sableye on battle spot. Every single one. Especially since I used Khan. I ditched Khan and joined the Sableye team. Loved every single minute of those glorious forfeits.

I hate every single Sableye on battle spot. Every single one. Especially since I used Khan. I ditched Khan and joined the Sableye team. Loved every single minute of those glorious forfeits.

It's been a while since I've played but Specs Sylveon did wonders against Sableye teams, if Sylveon ended up facing Sableye something was going to take a ton of damage. This was singles tho, not sure what you're playing.

I just realized that at Nats only one Mega Kangaskhan made it into Top 8 Masters. There were 3 Mega Mence, 2 Zard Y, 2 Gardy, and that lonely Mega Kangaskhan.

Weird.

It's been a while since I've played but Specs Sylveon did wonders against Sableye teams, if Sylveon ended up facing Sableye something was going to take a ton of damage. This was singles tho, not sure what you're playing.

I play doubles. Since I haven't battled competitively since RSE days and never dabbled in doubles at all, feels like it's a good way to see how the meta is going.

Muku

Not been able to find anything regarding it, but does anyone know any information on the Singapore Shiny Rayquaza that was given out in May? Like, when/if we'll ever be able to trade the thing? And I don't mean WT/GTS it, but actually get online and trade it directly to a specific person. Can trade it between games locally, but just want to know when we can trade it. ;_;

Also, looking for someone with a farming copy of ORAS, or an extra game they have that has yet to have Dragonite redeemed on it. Need one redeemed for a friend, but I've already used up my slots. No specific IV/nature required. If interested or need more information, please send me a PM.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I have 18 Dragonite codes I can give out. I would like to reserve them for those outside of the US first. Just PM me for a code.

With that said, I am looking for two pokemon:

Pikachu♀ in a Premier Ball with its hidden ability, Lightning Rod
Pachirisu♀ in a Premier Ball with its hidden ability, Volt Absorb

First come, first serve for the Dragonite codes!

Codes must be redeemed by October 12, 2015
Super late for this but I just sent you a PM.

Muku

So, got a question. While sitting here farming Latias still, doing a little research. Realizing that after I get the golden goose, I'm going to have to get a False Swipe Pokemon for some of this legendary shiny hunting. Anyone have a preference over one they use? Just curious. Not sure what to have as my False Swiper.

The biggest question is: are any of these legendaries required to capture before you can get the Shiny Charm? I pulled all my Pokemon from bank to AS a long time ago for credit, just gotta get far enough in game for it to unlock dex progression. I'm just wondering if after I get Latias if I can power through rest of game and not have to worry about it. And with Shiny Charm in hand, make the rest of the hunts at least a bit easier. If Latias is the biggest sacrifice I have to make, then it'll make it that much easier to keep powering this.

Also, I've seen a reddit posting with confirmed legendaries as shiny. I see Landorus on the list, but not seen Tornadus or Thundurus. Anyone come across those as shiny? Don't believe they're on the locked list, but keeping a running list I have of things to get. And makes me realize I'm going to need money in this game for Repeat Balls, as I surely do not have enough Master Balls for all this. ;_;

Edit: Lastly, are any of these runners? Like, should I save my Masterballs for a specific few, or is it a up to me kinda deal. (Or are there any that are notorious for killing themselves pretty quick?)

Hegarol

So, got a question. While sitting here farming Latias still, doing a little research. Realizing that after I get the golden goose, I'm going to have to get a False Swipe Pokemon for some of this legendary shiny hunting. Anyone have a preference over one they use? Just curious. Not sure what to have as my False Swiper.
I am using a Gallade. Takes a bit of time to level but is worth it. Can learn False Swipe and a sleep attack. Best part is Double Team though. If you start the fight with a few double team attacks, Gallade will be almost impossible to hit by the legendary. Then you can slowly drain health und put it asleep.

Edit: it can also learn Mean look through breeding though thats currently not necessary for Gen VI as there are no fleeing legends.

JoeM86

Oh yeeeeeah. I remember this happening with the shiny one too. That overreaction...

Some people seem to have a persecution complex and others don't understand that TPC want events to have reason and context. If they can find a way for Jirachi to be logically distributed here other than "Look, it's a Jirachi" then they'll do it.

Muku

I am using a Gallade. Takes a bit of time to level but is worth it. Can learn False Swipe and a sleep attack. Best part is Double Team though. If you start the fight with a few double team attacks, Gallade will be almost impossible to hit by the legendary. Then you can slowly drain health und put it asleep.

Edit: it can also learn Mean look through breeding though thats currently not necessary for Gen VI as there are no fleeing legends.

Cool, glad to learn there are no runners. I didn't think there were, but wanted to be sure. Gallade sounds like a good candidate. Thank ya.

Some people seem to have a persecution complex and others don't understand that TPC want events to have reason and context. If they can find a way for Jirachi to be logically distributed here other than "Look, it's a Jirachi" then they'll do it.

Problem is, it never feels like they try though. They try to find ways to release it in Japan and maybe South Korea, but just doesn't seem like they try. Best we get is the movie legendary.

JoeM86

Problem is, it never feels like they try though. They try to find ways to release it in Japan and maybe South Korea, but just doesn't seem like they try. Best we get is the movie legendary.

If more places were willing to hold events, there would be more ones in the west :/

Anyone got one of those Dragonite thingamajigs for someone in the UK who foolishly bought a US 3DS and is suffering for it in all kinds of ways now?

Would be much appreciated =)

JoeM86

Can you elaborate at all on the things you've heard?

Not really, no. Just that places aren't willing to hold events and that's why it's pretty much limited to Gamestop and sometimes Toys 'R' Us. Of course, when there are big official Pokémon events, there usually is a distribution i.e. Nationals & Worlds.

Muku

But in all honesty... how many places could host Pokemon stuff? GameStop bought out all their freaking competition. I'd say maybe Books A Million, mainly because in past they held Pokemon Leagues, but do they even exist? Hell, do any brick and mortar book stores exist? I don't think I've seen one since I've gotten here.

Ultimately, it feels like GameStops fault in this instance. :/ Agree or not, they bought out all the comp. Toys R Us doesn't really seem to give a flying flip. Not like Kay Bee Toys or anything exists anymore. It's a hell hole created by companies not keeping up with times and going out of business or one of them gobbling them up.

But that's why at same time I don't really feel like the guys who run this stuff ever try to find a reason, or maybe other places to hold stuff. Just thinking about this makes me miss all the stores that have gone out over the years.

JoeM86

But in all honesty... how many places could host Pokemon stuff? GameStop bought out all their freaking competition. I'd say maybe Books A Million, mainly because in past they held Pokemon Leagues, but do they even exist? Hell, do any brick and mortar book stores exist? I don't think I've seen one since I've gotten here.

Ultimately, it feels like GameStops fault in this instance. :/ Agree or not, they bought out all the comp. Toys R Us doesn't really seem to give a flying flip. Not like Kay Bee Toys or anything exists anymore. It's a hell hole created by companies not keeping up with times and going out of business or one of them gobbling them up.

But that's why at same time I don't really feel like the guys who run this stuff ever try to find a reason, or maybe other places to hold stuff. Just thinking about this makes me miss all the stores that have gone out over the years.

That's true, and to be fair a good portion of the events in Japan are exclusive to the Pokémon Centers.

Muku

That's true, and to be fair a good portion of the events in Japan are exclusive to the Pokémon Centers.

Yeah, for which we have sadly no equivilant. WTB actual Pokemon Centers here though. Website just isn't same, although a nice gesture. Just not the same.

While I couldn't play today at all because I went out all day, I finished the IC with a 18-2 record and I think a 1700+ rating. Here's the team I used:

hR33SQw.png

I wasn't expecting my team to do some well but I found out a lot of people didn't have answers for both Rotom and Zapdos especially when they're on the field at the same time. However, looking back at it, safety googles would have been a lot more useful than leftovers on Zapdos.

Anyways, that's it with battling for me for the rest of this season. I'll just focus on finishing my dex for the rest of the year.
Results are up. Are you the Canadian with 1706 and the ridiculous name? If so congrats on top 100 bro but you got nothing on the winner who went 29-1 with a team that had Dewgong on it.

Muku

Wait, why wouldn't somebody know that Dewgong learns Fake Out? That's one of the things that sticks out about Dewgong! lol

Dewgong charms opponents into thinking "D'aww... it's so cute... wait... WTF did it just use FAKE OUT?!" Think it's the puppy dog eyes.

Muku

It needs 5 perfect or at least very good ivs. So far i got 2 with 5 ivs but the first 0 in defense and the second 10 in special attack, i can't keep it T_T.

Ah, wasn't sure if it was the nature or IVs giving ya a hard time. But yeah... good luck. :( Almost seems to be that kind of luck you need for shiny for the IVs to align up. (Though, if you get a shiny one before you get one with good IVs, you going to keep it?)

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I'm actually kinda surprised Nintendo never made an insert store deal for Pokémon Centers in the US with someone like Best Buy, whom they otherwise have a good deal with.

Carl7

Ah, wasn't sure if it was the nature or IVs giving ya a hard time. But yeah... good luck. :( Almost seems to be that kind of luck you need for shiny for the IVs to align up. (Though, if you get a shiny one before you get one with good IVs, you going to keep it?)

Probably not, what do i gonna do with it?

Muku

Probably not, what do i gonna do with it?

Depends. Was just curious. Could be trade bait. I dunno if I was going for IVs and saw shiny, it'd be hard to pass up. But to each his own. More of a curiousity question. I guess I also try to keep things that are trade bait. Wheelin' and dealin'.

Carl7

Depends. Was just curious. Could be trade bait. I dunno if I was going for IVs and saw shiny, it'd be hard to pass up. But to each his own. More of a curiousity question. I guess I also try to keep things that are trade bait. Wheelin' and dealin'.

I will keep that in mind.

JoeM86

Four new events for Japan, and not in Pokémon Centers :p

Several new events have been announced for Jpaan. If you go to any 7-11 store and connect to their 7-11 Spot, you can receive some serial codes to be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. From July 18th to July 31st, you can obtian the codes to either receive a Pikachu based on Ash's Pikachu or a Pancham based on Serena's Pancham in the anime, or if you connect to the spot from August 1st to August 16th, you can get codes to get a Lugia or a Latios.

Hegarol

Several new events have been announced for Jpaan. If you go to any 7-11 store and connect to their 7-11 Spot, you can receive some serial codes to be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. From July 18th to July 31st, you can obtian the codes to either receive a Pikachu based on Ash's Pikachu or a Pancham based on Serena's Pancham in the anime, or if you connect to the spot from August 1st to August 16th, you can get codes to get a Lugia or a Latios.
Great event, as in its farmable I assume? Who in Japan can get some codes for PokeGaf? :)

Finally beat the blue chatelaine wow she was such a pain in the ass in XY. Decided to try switching my team just for her when trying her in AS just now and it worked out beautifully. To get to her I just used Ninetales/Typhlosion/M-Kanga/Latios though and things went really quick and smoothly.

Muku

Funny how we talk about it being limited to PCs then this pops up, hah. Though 7-11's are plentiful in Japan, so it's good to see it being a place even easier for folks there to get the events. Glad they don't rely on 7-11's here. I ended up in the one hole in this country I guess that doesn't even have them. (I want a slurpee so bad.)

Glad to see this event is all current gen games too. Second one is awesome for Lugia or Latios. But what is their reasoning on that event, even for Japan? Is that something in movie?

Muku

Got a Suicune with 31/0/31/31/29/15.

That 15 in speed may cause serious problems, but I can't do it anymore.

Oh wow. That speed is just screwing with you. But I can't blame you either. Certain point you can't just keep going on. I hope he works out for you though! Maybe train him a bit in speed?

Top Bottom