• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

I'm getting on now if your still around. :)

Ahhh went AFK for a few, haha. Back now though.

Edit: See you haven't added me yet, so maybe I'm not late. ;)
Son of a... System update? Is this something from today? Because I'm pretty sure I caught up on my system updates before today.

Fantastic, thank you! :)

Started X in Japanese since I had it lying around and wanted a good Xerneas. Just realized I'll have to blitz through it in order to get that Xerneas in time for Circle of Legends though. I'll try to do it this weekend. Sorry DGS Case 5, you'll have to be put on hold. :(

SeZMehK

I have 10 Dragonite codes remaining for those that live outside the US. Send me a PM for the code.

I would appreciate it if someone can catch me a Pachirisu♀ in a Premier Ball with the Volt Absorb ability.

Codes are first come, first serve. Codes must be redeemed by October 12, 2015

I wasn't able to grab a code. Would it be possible if I can get a code? Thanks

lupinko

I grabbed 12 Tanabata 2015 Jirachi and 12 Shiny Hiroshima Gyarados today, picking up Movie Palkia now and then back to the movie theater to grab 12 Hoopas.

I have another movie ticket preorder so I'll grab Dialga on that and farm some Hoopas.

For good will, I can set a Hoopa aside for a future GAF tournament if anyone is interested.

That's in addition to any other things I've hoarded err farmed.

Muku

I grabbed 12 Tanabata 2015 Jirachi and 12 Shiny Hiroshima Gyarados today, picking up Movie Palkia now and then back to the movie theater to grab 12 Hoopas.

I have another movie ticket preorder so I'll grab Dialga on that and farm some Hoopas.

For good will, I can set a Hoopa aside for a future GAF tournament if anyone is interested.

That's in addition to any other things I've hoarded err farmed.

Nice!! You're a bit busy now, haha. :)

Muku

So sad that the Hoopa event is not by code. I have a Japanese 3DS but I live in Brazil :p

Give it time. If it's like Diancie last year, US will get codes at GS. Perhaps you could get an extra one from someone then. (Wouldn't be able to claim it yourself, if you don't have a US one obviously, but someone could claim it for ya.)

I miss getting a bunch at theaters all at once while watching some crazy movie. What time last year was Diancie passed out here? September? Okay not gonna lie, I liked being one of the firsts with Diancie last year. >_> That and I don't think it took same slot as Diancie that was passed out in US. Don't think I got a code from that to try out last year, but didn't matter since I had the movie one.

I got two Hoopas from GTS. One from a Pokemon streamer (AuSLove) and one from a random person. I didn't think it was that easy lol. Zizagoons are too good.

Muku

I don't normally name legendaries, though I have in past for giggles. I'm wondering.... when I actually get these things to be shiny, whether I should or not. How do yall usually do it?

Bored to tears right now going through another Latias round.

Muku

Watch, when you finally get her you'll accidentally reset before realizing your mistake...

Oh hell no. I look at her color and for the shiny icon each time. I have been fearing that since the start, so I do the two step process. I'm not going to lose her. x_x My only concern is I get so bored out of my mind that I fall asleep. I get her and pass out then 3DS dies. >_>

Oh hell no. I look at her color and for the shiny icon each time. I have been fearing that since the start, so I do the two step process. I'm not going to lose her. x_x My only concern is I get so bored out of my mind that I fall asleep. I get her and pass out then 3DS dies. >_>
That will happen then, don't worry :)

Muku

LOL, usually far away from plug. Fortunately this evening talking to my mom via text (since she's traveling she's bored at airport and all) so falling asleep probably won't happen tonight. And since I'm at my computer doing this, after my post I plugged in. I felt like I jinxed myself. But we all know she won't show up shiny tonight! :)
Especially since I decided to plug in my 3DS.

So I'm HP EV training my level 1 Pachirisu and it knows Ion Deluge*. Knowing that Gulpin only know Pound at level 5, I decide to keep my Pachirisu in, use Ion Deluge and avoid damage through Volt Absorb. On my second turn I use Covet for STAB. The Gulpin pounded me to death. I learned Ion Deluge only works on the turn that it's used. What the hell.

*Ion Deluge changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves.

Carl7

Do you run Hidden Power Ice? Nothing else Alakazam gets can OHKO Lando. If it survives the turn it can OHKO you back with U-Turn.

Yes, Psychic, HP ice, sub and protect.

Alakazam is a subpar mega, but it doesn't mean it's bad, it means you need to cover its weakness. I'm also very surprised with raichu as it's partner, it protects the alakazam from thunder wave and OHKOs bisharp with hidden power fighting.

backlot

Yes, Psychic, HP ice, sub and protect.

Alakazam is a subpar mega, but it doesn't mean it's bad, it means you need to cover its weakness. I'm also very surprised with raichu as it's partner, it protects the alakazam from thunder wave and OHKOs bisharp with hidden power fighting.

Wow, HP Fighting Raichu? I can't even find space to run HP Ice on my Raichu. Fighting just seems far too specialized. If I was running a fighting move I'd want something that would work against Heatran and Kangaskhan as well as Bisharp.

detail_en_c610d3ef-d832-4f41-ba04-3be5537392ba.jpg

I am so dense. I was wondering why the 50% off the Pokemilage shop wasn't showing for me than read it starts on the 21st July. I totally need even more rare candies, heart scales and PP ups I'll never actually use :p

The 50% off also applies to the minigames on the website is you want to try luck at master balls etc.

I need to stop falling asleep with my ds not on its charger. I've been trying to complete my pokedex so I've been power leveling poked through elite 4 and my ds dies and I just wasted time lol.

Anyone have a Hoopa for me? Can be cloned, I don't mind.

I kinda want to replay AS, but I don't want to lose all the items I spent so much time collecting. I really wish these games supported different saves.

Muku

Hm, makes me a bit sad. Actually just looked up when Diancie dropped on US shores, but wasn't until late October through mid November. Is it safe to say that Hoopa will run the sameish time frame this year?

Edit: Also, is the only legendary you're required to catch the story Lati@s?

Only required legend is Lati@s, yes. In XY you had your cover legendary of course, so I think BW2 was the last game to not have a mandatory legend.

Muku

Only required legend is Lati@s, yes. In XY you had your cover legendary of course, so I think BW2 was the last game to not have a mandatory legend.

Sweet, thank you. Kygore, Rayquaza, and Deoxys I don't care so much about since they're shiny locked. I swear this story one feels like it is, despite folks on the internet saying it's not. I'm almost tempted to say screw it with the story on in AS and go ahead with game. By end I should have shiny charm when it opens up national dex. Then I can go back and catch everything else, including Eon Ticket Latios.

I could run through OR real quick as well and just deal with regular Latios. Have my AS transfer Eon Ticket to my AS, and then worry about the Lati@s via Eon Ticket. Then get shiny charm in OR as well, then get the ones I'm missing from AS.

I'm so bored with this story Latias. Been at this for months. I already hated R/S as it was, and while this is my own anal, self inflicted punishment, it doesn't help me see ORAS in a good light. >_>

You can just KO Kyogre and Deoxys and they'll eventually respawn. Forgot about Rayquaza but if you don't care about it then you can just catch it with ease and move on.

Muku

You can just KO Kyogre and Deoxys and they'll eventually respawn. Forgot about Rayquaza but if you don't care about it then you can just catch it with ease and move on.

I plan on just catching Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza right off the bat. Not sure about Deoxys. Not sure whether to knock it out and come back for it later or what. I doubt I'm going to sync for these, as I highly doubt I'll use them. I tend to do other things in game than really battle.

Already have a legit shiny Rayray anyway from the World Hobby Fair earlier this year, so I'm set. Just wish they would give legit ways for Kyogre and Groudon.

Muku

Shiny Rayquaza? Sooooo jealous. :X

Yep. Had to sacrifice a game for it. Want to think it was Y. I have to replay through it to finish it again, ugh. But was totally worth it. Spent my day at the WHF farming them. Was so crowded the whole time. Got one for myself, another for someone on here, two for another GAFer who made a deal ahead of time for two, plus 8 additional ones to trade. Still have them. Oh yeah I actually got 9, but gave one away on here through a contest shortly afterward. But if you have anything interesting and want one, let me know. :3

Top Bottom