• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

hi , long time no see
any news about hoopa distribution ?

Hey L.O.R.D, glad to see ya still around. Nothing yet as far as I know. But imagine it wouldn't be until late summer at earliest. When was Diancie event last year? Might be around same time, since Pokemon movie came out around same time last year.

Hey guys, I have 18 Dragonite codes I can give out. I would like to reserve them for those outside of the US first. Just PM me for a code.

With that said, I am looking for two pokemon:

Pikachu♀ in a Premier Ball with its hidden ability, Lightning Rod
Pachirisu♀ in a Premier Ball with its hidden ability, Volt Absorb

First come, first serve for the Dragonite codes!

Codes must be redeemed by October 12, 2015

Muku

Hey guys, I have 18 Dragonite codes I can give out. I would like to reserve them for those outside of the US first. Just PM me for a code.

Wow, very cool of you man! Hope folks here who haven't been able to get one can now jump on for one.

Edit: Blah. All my Pichu (male and female) with HA are all Poke Balls. :( Thought that might be the case, but figured I'd check anyway for ya.

Ahnez

I had no idea that pre-evolution Pokemon get more exp. points once they grow beyond the level when they'd normally evolve.

Wait, really? I didn't knew that

Sent :p

Also, what are the hardest to find Vivillon patterns, Sandstorm aside?

Muku

Also, what are the hardest to find Vivillon patterns, Sandstorm aside?

Haven't collected or viewed them in a long time. I remember Ocean being a pain outside of Sandstorm. Several others on list I remember being kind of a pain, looking at the chart again. Archiapelgo, Icy, Jungle was it? Did you need Sandstorm? I breed them on Y. (Well, used to. I have it set up again, but gotta play through again to get to that point to breed, but I have extras sitting in boxes.)

Ahnez

Yeah, that was surprising. I don't even know if these things were in X/Y.

Done a small search, looks like it was introduced in XY

20% bonus, and it applies to the exact level the pokemon evolves too

Haven't collected or viewed them in a long time. I remember Ocean being a pain outside of Sandstorm. Several others on list I remember being kind of a pain, looking at the chart again. Archiapelgo, Icy, Jungle was it? Did you need Sandstorm? I breed them on Y. (Well, used to. I have it set up again, but gotta play through again to get to that point to breed, but I have extras sitting in boxes.)

Well, I'm not really looking for them
yet

Maybe after I'm done filling my dex :p

I was just curious.. I knew Sandstorm was rare, and just wanted to know which other ones were too

Muku

Done a small search, looks like it was introduced in XY

20% bonus, and it applies to the exact level the pokemon evolves too

Well, I'm not really looking for them
yet

Maybe after I'm done filling my dex :p

I was just curious.. I knew Sandstorm was rare, and just wanted to know which other ones were too

Finishing them wasn't so bad honestly. But I also traded my Sands and Monsoon to get some of the more difficult ones. (Started off breeding Monsoon ones on my JPN X. Decided when I got Y to set up and breed for Sands. Think I have AS set up for Ocean, haven't gotten into breeding yet on it, and OR for Icy.) Was either that or trade legendaries for the silly butterflies. x_x If you need any help with the dex or Vivis, let me know. These days just hold on to extra legendaries/Vivis (ones I breed anyway) for GAF. Just working on Shiny dex. (Still going for Latias, but haven't been able to try last few days due to work.)

Ahnez

Finishing them wasn't so bad honestly. But I also traded my Sands and Monsoon to get some of the more difficult ones. (Started off breeding Monsoon ones on my JPN X. Decided when I got Y to set up and breed for Sands. Think I have AS set up for Ocean, haven't gotten into breeding yet on it, and OR for Icy.) Was either that or trade legendaries for the silly butterflies. x_x If you need any help with the dex or Vivis, let me know. These days just hold on to extra legendaries/Vivis (ones I breed anyway) for GAF. Just working on Shiny dex. (Still going for Latias, but haven't been able to try last few days due to work.)

I see

The patterns are defined by the 3DS region right, so.. Can you change the one you find by switching your 3DS location? Or its locked when you start a new file? :p

Seil

I see

The patterns are defined by the 3DS region right, so.. Can you change the one you find by switching your 3DS location? Or its locked when you start a new file? :p

It's locked to your save. So, while you can change your region before actually starting and it'll have an effect, you cannot change it for an already started game.

But even then, only certain locations are actually available depending on your device's region. For example, an NA 3DS cannot select the Japanese regions.

Ahnez

It's locked to your save. So, while you can change your region before actually starting and it'll have an effect, you cannot change it for an already started game.

But even then, only certain locations are actually available depending on your device's region. For example, an NA 3DS cannot select the Japanese regions.

Got it

Muku

Exactly, some regions can't be chosen. Just like my JPN 3DS can ONLY choose within Japan. I chose Monsoon (Okinawa) over the three available. Hokkaido has Tundra if I recall. Obviously mainland Japan has Elegant. Think I set up JPN AS for Tundra.

Fortunately, for the really difficult ones, you can choose the region on your 3DS. Used this chart for the longest time.

Ahnez

I see. Looks like I missed all these details in X/Y.

There are a lot of exp modifiers.. I though this was simplier lol

Exactly, some regions can't be chosen. Just like my JPN 3DS can ONLY choose within Japan. I chose Monsoon (Okinawa) over the three available. Hokkaido has Tundra if I recall. Obviously mainland Japan has Elegant. Think I set up JPN AS for Tundra.

Fortunately, for the really difficult ones, you can choose the region on your 3DS. Used this chart for the longest time.

Well, no wonder some of them are so rare :p

Keep on forgetting to get me a Sandstorm Vivillon lol

It's been the only one I'm missing for who knows how long

Also is it true that Japanese AS has a blue case? I'll pick it up ASAP if it does.

Muku

Keep on forgetting to get me a Sandstorm Vivillon lol

It's been the only one I'm missing for who knows how long

Also is it true that Japanese AS has a blue case? I'll pick it up ASAP if it does.

If you mean like a hard case (not the normal one) believe that was the preorder stuff, correct? I didn't have money at time to preorder it, ended up getting Alpha Sapphire JPN as a present anyway.

If you want a Sandy Vivi, let me know. (Disclaimer: My Vivi's don't come as Vivi's but as untrained level 1 Scatters for folks to raise.)

I meant normal case. Amazon shows a blue case for the JPN version for me.

A Sandy vivi would be cool, yes. Then I wouldn't have to hunt for the Sandstorm Scatterbug I know I have but forgot which one it was.

JoeM86

May be seeing legit Hoopa around soon now. The Parent/Child preview screening of the movie was today and that always has distributions.

Muku

They've been doing that since 2013 tho

For Hoopa? I'd not seen that, even when I was big into the GTS thing. Can't say I hop into it all that often now though.

I never understood those people.. Aren't event pokemon impossible to trade using the GTS?

You are correct in that they are impossible to trade. I tried sticking one up as a test and it basically says you can't put it up a special Pokemon or whatever. I'm sure that's why at some point everyone you see as a passerby has a message "LF <insert event Pokemon here>" It's like, good luck with that. You have to set up a trade elsewhere generally for that.

Yeah, people have been asking for Hoopa for their shit forever. It'll probably be more common though.

So disabling requests for special mons 4 lyfe!

Muku

I never thought allowing them to input an event Pokemon was appropriate anyway. Not sure why they even let them do it since they can't even be traded that way. Actually, biggest reason I stopped using the GTS was so much of the stuff up there was asking for event Pokemon and was clogging up the search. I imagine most after a certain point anyway of the backlog only were special ones. GTS could use a bit of a cleanup before I seriously use it again. I'd like to, because I like browsing for some things, even now, but not with that stuff people want clogging it up.

Muku

Anyone here with a copy of OR/AS they use for farming events and stuff? Or not yet started that would be willing to farm a couple of things for me? Need two Dragonite codes redeemed. Please send a PM if you can help and for more info. Thanks.

Muku

Thank you PreyingShark!! One Dragonite code down, one more to go. If anyone has a spare game they could redeem it in, or a farm game they have where they could redeem the last one for me, I would be most appreciative of it. IVs/natures don't matter, just need it redeemed. Send me a PM if you can help and/or more info.

StoneFox

Ugh, breeding nidorans are more trouble than they're worth. I'm pretty sure I've hatched every other nature but the one I want, and the only time I got the nature I wanted it was the wrong gender. The RNG to get a female, HA, modest nidoran with decent IVs is stacked against me lol

Seil

Ugh, breeding nidorans are more trouble than they're worth. I'm pretty sure I've hatched every other nature but the one I want, and the only time I got the nature I wanted it was the wrong gender. The RNG to get a female, HA, modest nidoran with decent IVs is stacked against me lol

Sorry if I'm missing something, but why didn't you start off by breeding for nature? Breed with a ditto or other Pokemon that already has the nature you want, or use a synchronizer to help you catch one.

I always start breeding by going after the nature(and ability) I need by breeding with a Ditto of the appropriate nature. Then focus on egg moves, IVs etc.

Granted, it requires the initial preparation of having a set of ditto, synchronizers or the right nature male within an egg group, but once you have that you're golden.

Edit: Hell, use the male one you got with the right nature to pass the nature onto a female lol.

Muku

Sorry if I'm missing something, but why didn't you start off by breeding for nature? Breed with a ditto or other Pokemon that already has the nature you want, or use a synchronizer to help you catch one.

I always start breeding by going after the nature(and ability) I need by breeding with a Ditto of the appropriate nature. Then focus on egg moves, IVs etc.

Granted, it requires the initial preparation of having a set of ditto, synchronizers or the right nature male within an egg group, but once you have that you're golden.

Edit: Hell, use the male one you got with the right nature to pass the nature onto a female lol.

^ This, so much. Cannot stress it enough. Soon as I realized what it took, once I actually got into breeding for real this gen, I stocked up on Ditto. Caught/traded for a Ditto of every nature (think I have the neutral natures too just for thoroughness, but really don't need them.) Was just easier with Ditto than bothering with egg group males.

Though, depending on how I'm feeling, sometimes I roll with getting egg moves first. But since I use Ditto, doesn't really matter.

Edit: On another note, what is a fair trade for someone interested in a Shaymin? Since I've got my dex filled already, and very few event Pokemon I've not gotten myself (Mew, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Jirachi
have legit one, just not gotten myself
). Damn, that list for events ended up smaller than I thought. Hoopa is coming up so can get that one. I have someone offering a shiny for a Shaymin, but in all honesty, since I've got so much, I don't know what's a fair trade off. Shinies are important, but not utmost top of my list, and I doubt person interested (going through a friend of mine) has a legit event one. I dunno... I feel weird as now I have an offer on something and no idea really what to ask for it. He's offering to breed a shiny of my choice for it. Not bad, but if I go that route, what one should I go for? Thinking one with a long egg cycle, LOL...

StoneFox

Well my breeding pair is a 6IV Jolly Ditto and an obviously hacked 6IV HA Shiny Nidoking that I got randomly off Wonder Trade with a Naive nature (I think). I did keep that Modest nidoran so I should probably use him, I just kept thinking I would get lucky and not have to switch them out hahaha

This is just like that time I tried for so long to breed an Adamant Ralts and ended up going with a Jolly one because after 7 boxes I never got one. :( I honestly think it's glitched and Ralts are not allowed to be Adamant. :p My Jolly M-Gallade works though.

Muku

Well my breeding pair is a 6IV Jolly Ditto and an obviously hacked 6IV HA Shiny Nidoking that I got randomly off Wonder Trade with a Naive nature (I think). I did keep that Modest nidoran so I should probably use him, I just kept thinking I would get lucky and not have to switch them out hahaha

This is just like that time I tried for so long to breed an Adamant Ralts and ended up going with a Jolly one because after 7 boxes I never got one. :( I honestly think it's glitched and Ralts are not allowed to be Adamant. :p My Jolly M-Gallade works though.

Hacked maybe, but cool you got a Shiny Nidoking off WT. But just because it is shiny doesn't guarantee better odds its' offspring will be. Out of curiousity, do you have shiny charm?

StoneFox

I can just give you a 4V Modest HA Nidoran F, I have some spares from when I bred my own a couple days ago. lol
Oh, thank you. :D

I'll send a PM.

Hacked maybe, but cool you got a Shiny Nidoking off WT. But just because it is shiny doesn't guarantee better odds its' offspring will be. Out of curiousity, do you have shiny charm?
I do have it, and the Ditto is French so the Masuda Method is in effect, but I really don't care if I breed a shiny because I find green Nidoqueen rather ugly haha

Muku

Still think Espeon and Dragonite have to be some of the worst shinies. Seriously... awesome Dratini/Dragonair... to wtf is that.

Edit: Just asked about shiny Charm out of curiousity. Hope while you are breeding you get lucky with a shiny. Even if the Pokemon you get in the end is ugly, breeding a shiny out is awesome.

lupinko

Anyone know if they're giving away event Pokemon during outbreakchu again? Also the event is from the 8th through the 16th. So that actually sorta changes things for me as far as my trip is concerned.

Top Bottom