• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Getting a good HP Ice Tornadus is going to drive me crazy, huh?

At least I don't care about HP Ice for Thundurus, which I also plan on doing soon. That should hopefully help significantly.

Carl7

Oh wow. That speed is just screwing with you. But I can't blame you either. Certain point you can't just keep going on. I hope he works out for you though! Maybe train him a bit in speed?

I wanted it to outspeed non-invested rotoms and scarfed landorus after tailwind, but with 15 IV in speed the necessary investment would be too big.

The main issue is that players tend to double into the suicune, so a faster cune may have a higher chance of doing its job(snarl, tailwind).

Muku

I wanted it to outspeed non-invested rotoms and scarfed landorus after tailwind, but with 15 IV in speed the necessary investment would be too big.

The main issue is that players tend to double into the suicune, so a faster cune may have a higher chance of doing it's job(snarl, tailwind).

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, with 15 the investment would be too large to bother with. Did you stick with the cune to try it or going for another round?

Azuran

Banned
Got a Suicune with 31/0/31/31/29/15.

That 15 in speed may cause serious problems, but I can't do it anymore.

The SR struggle is real. I'm done with SRing after it took me almost a week to get a decent Zapdos. And this was with the RNG trolling me before hand giving me one with 0 DEF.

Entei and Cobalion will die of old age on those islands because I ain't bothering with those two.

I have 10 Dragonite codes remaining for those that live outside the US. Send me a PM for the code.

I would appreciate it if someone can catch me a Pachirisu♀ in a Premier Ball with the Volt Absorb ability.

Codes are first come, first serve. Codes must be redeemed by October 12, 2015

Muku

I have 10 Dragonite codes remaining for those that live outside the US. Send me a PM for the code.

I would appreciate it if someone can catch me a Pachirisu♀ in a Premier Ball with the Volt Absorb ability.

Codes are first come, first serve. Codes must be redeemed by October 12, 2015

Not sure if I have a friend safari with Pachirisu, but I'll take a look here in a few moments for ya.

Edit: I have a friend on X and a friend on Y that have Pachirisu in FS, but I don't have the third Pokemon from either of them to get the HA on it. ;_;

Muku

Okay, have an event question. I wasn't in States at time and didn't learn about event until after the fact. But I know GameStop held an event where they gave out a shiny Giratina, a shiny Palkia, and a shiny Dialga. Were there any guaranteed IV's on these things? I'm assuming not..

Ohnonono

So I have not played very much Pokemon and I am going through Omega Ruby, while my 7 year old plays Alpha Sapphire. Currently I am not super interested in competitive stuff (I only have 1 badge lol!) but I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent group of Pokemon to use through the game. I picked Mudkips cause its Mudkips. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Also I had a copy of Y a while ago and I traded my starter and Charmander to my son. I want him to keep them because he loves them but when I get to the part of the game that I can breed more stuff can I breed more of the starters or would I need two of them? Doubt we will be picking up X or Y and as of now I don't really do any trading outside of with my son so it may be the best way to getting a Greninja and Charzard.

Okay, have an event question. I wasn't in States at time and didn't learn about event until after the fact. But I know GameStop held an event where they gave out a shiny Giratina, a shiny Palkia, and a shiny Dialga. Were there any guaranteed IV's on these things? I'm assuming not..

I don't believe so. Guaranteed IVs were mainly a Gen 6 thing.

There was a Shiny Genesect event with 1~2 fixed IVs and maybe a Mewtwo, but the shiny dragons were random last I checked.

Muku

So I have not played very much Pokemon and I am going through Omega Ruby, while my 7 year old plays Alpha Sapphire. Currently I am not super interested in competitive stuff (I only have 1 badge lol!) but I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent group of Pokemon to use through the game. I picked Mudkips cause its Mudkips. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Also I had a copy of Y a while ago and I traded my starter and Charmander to my son. I want him to keep them because he loves them but when I get to the part of the game that I can breed more stuff can I breed more of the starters or would I need two of them? Doubt we will be picking up X or Y and as of now I don't really do any trading outside of with my son so it may be the best way to getting a Greninja and Charzard.

You can choose whatever Pokemon for your group. There really is no best. Whatever you find in wild or get through Wonder Trade would work. Though I always try to keep a varied team, in terms of types, to cover weak spots for my own team and take advantage of the games weak spots.

When you get to the Pokemon day care portion of the game, you'll be able to breed starters. Though easiest route would be to have a Ditto. That way male or female of the Pokemon you want to breed, you'll end up with it. If not, you'll need a female (which tends to be on lower side of getting for starters) of the starter Pokemon and then a male of the same egg group to breed with it.

I don't believe so. Guaranteed IVs were mainly a Gen 6 thing.

There was a Shiny Genesect event with 1~2 fixed IVs and maybe a Mewtwo, but the shiny dragons were random last I checked.

Hmmm... okay, thank you. I thought that might be the case. I guess people still somehow missed the trio event and then hacked them in with correct information except made their IVs exceptionally high. Guess my hunt for the GS 2013 trio continues.

Ohnonono

You can choose whatever Pokemon for your group. There really is no best. Whatever you find in wild or get through Wonder Trade would work. Though I always try to keep a varied team, in terms of types, to cover weak spots for my own team and take advantage of the games weak spots.

When you get to the Pokemon day care portion of the game, you'll be able to breed starters. Though easiest route would be to have a Ditto. That way male or female of the Pokemon you want to breed, you'll end up with it. If not, you'll need a female (which tends to be on lower side of getting for starters) of the starter Pokemon and then a male of the same egg group to breed with it.

Hmmm... okay, thank you. I thought that might be the case. I guess people still somehow missed the trio event and then hacked them in with correct information except made their IVs exceptionally high. Guess my hunt for the GS 2013 trio continues.

Cool thanks! Is this Ditto thing pretty easy to find once I am at that point in the game?

Muku

Cool thanks! Is this Ditto thing pretty easy to find once I am at that point in the game?

Not sure in ORAS where you can find one to be honest. I'm still stuck early on in game trying to get something specific. However, if you need one, just ask. Sure one of us here could get you one. :)

Ahnez

In XY, you can find them near the 8th gym

In ORAS, its a little more difficult, its earlier (as soon as you can soar) but it appears only in an island that changes every day

Muku

I ended up with 29 shinies yesterday from a friend. Some went into my shiny dex, as I'd not yet had one. But some are extras and all. She felt like they were better off with someone that cared about shinies rather than just sitting on old games. Wasn't going to argue that, as I enjoyed receiving them all yesterday.

I can't speak for legitamacy of some, but goes with all things I didn't get myself. But, I've got some shinies to trade to help me fill in holes in my shiny dex. If you're interested in any, send me a PM. I'm looking to trade for other shinies. Very few exceptions I can think of, and they all lead to event Pokemon anyway. (Message me if you need more info.)

My list of shinies for trade (ask in PMs if you want specific details on any):

x1 Lv 76 Azumarill
x1 Lv 100 Dialga
x1 Lv 100 Ferrothorn
x1 Lv 100 Gengar
x1 Lv 100 Giratina
x1 Lv 100 Metagross
x2 Lv 1 Mudkip
x2 Lv 100 Palkia
x1 Lv 100 Salamence

Who did you get them from and what were their stats like?

You could RNG events in the previous gen. Granted, hacking was probably more common : P

Muku

Who did you get them from and what were their stats like?

You could RNG events in the previous gen. Granted, hacking was probably more common : P

From a friend. I know she said in SS she did a bit of RNGing, but the problem they have (if you can call it a problem) is that they have 6IVs.

From a friend. I know she said in SS she did a bit of RNGing, but the problem they have (if you can call it a problem) is that they have 6IVs.
Haha, I see.

Well, if they got the events themselves, they could still be legit.

Even I can RNG 6 IVs in Gen 5, although getting a good seed can take awhile.

Muku

Haha, I see.

Well, if they got the events themselves, they could still be legit.

Even I can RNG 6 IVs in Gen 5, although getting a good seed can take awhile.

She didn't even remember getting them, so I don't think she got them herself, me thinks. But of course it's been a few years.

Edit: Extremely random question, but is the only bell-like Pokemon (as in a bell you ring, not just shape) Bronzong?

Chingling rings whenever it moves, and you could probably make it ring yourself by grabbing its thingies and then swinging it in circles. It's also classified as the "Bell Pokemon".

Muku

Hm okay. I looked it up and it said chime. Wasn't sure about it. Went with Bronzong in mean time. It'll have to do. Thank you. :) Just working on a tribute image...

Is Tornadus worth using over Thundurus? I was trading stuff around on the GTS and someone gave me a (obviously hacked) 6IV Tornadus. I had intended to box it but it's kinda tempting to use.

For most purposes Thundurus is better. I only SRed an HP Ice Tornadus earlier because I want to use Tornadus-T for a very specific purpose on a very specific team.

Carl7

Magician would be a much better ability if you could hold any item, i imagine Delphox using heat wave and stealing everything.

Guys, i want Pokemon 7 to com next, they probably won't add or change anything meaningful to Pokemon Z.

backlot

Magician would be a much better ability if you could hold any item, i imagine Delphox using heat wave and stealing everything.

Guys, i want Pokemon 7 to com next, they probably won't add or change anything meaningful to Pokemon Z.

There would be new Megas at the very least.

Muku

Just got a Lvl 100 Shiny 6IV Forretre in a trade.

I know I want to trade it but don't know what I would want in return.

Hmm. I have the following shinies for trade if you're interested in any for the Fortress:

Lv 76 Azumarill
Lv 100 Dialga (6IV if I recall right)
Lv 100 Ferrothorn (31/31/31/X/31/X)
Lv 100 Gengar (31/X/31/31/31/31)
Lv 100 Giratina (6IV)
Lv 100 Metagross (X/31/31/31/X/31)
Lv 1 Mudkip (6IV)
Lv 100 Palkia (one has 5IVs another has 3IVs)
Lv 100 Salamance

Hmm. I have the following shinies for trade if you're interested in any for the Fortress:

Lv 76 Azumarill
Lv 100 Dialga (6IV if I recall right)
Lv 100 Ferrothorn (31/31/31/X/31/X)
Lv 100 Gengar (31/X/31/31/31/31)
Lv 100 Giratina (6IV)
Lv 100 Metagross (X/31/31/31/X/31)
Lv 1 Mudkip (6IV)
Lv 100 Palkia (one has 5IVs another has 3IVs)
Lv 100 Salamance

FC 0404 8792 9528

Interested in the Salamance

The Forretress is also Quirky nature and hasn't been properly EV train. Just a heads up.

Muku

FC 0404 8792 9528

Interested in the Salamance

The Forretress is also Quirky nature and hasn't been properly EV train. Just a heads up.

That's all good. I can't say what Salamance has with it's deal, boxed it when I realized it was an extra the other day. Let me get my secondary 3DS and add you. (Use my non JPN FC on my profile, it's my secondary 3DS code.)

Edit: Got ya added. Just send me a note when you're around. Got my 3DS in sleep mode at the moment. Been watching GAF off and on while I work.

That's all good. I can't say what Salamance has with it's deal, boxed it when I realized it was an extra the other day. Let me get my secondary 3DS and add you. (Use my non JPN FC on my profile, it's my secondary 3DS code.)

Edit: Got ya added. Just send me a note when you're around. Got my 3DS in sleep mode at the moment. Been watching GAF off and on while I work.

I'm getting on now if your still around. :)

Top Bottom