• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Qurupeke

JezRZ6E.jpg

That looks so good.

Muku

Going to pace myself on these redemptions. Especially since the starter trio I over did it last year. Hah. A few today, a few tomorrow. Plus be able to farm Shiny Xerneas during Yveltal too. Plus I have to go shiny legendary hunting again.

On the plus side, on the decent amount I have gotten today, I've farmed three shiny Xerneas to give out here. If you would like one, please let me know.

They all come in JPN. That's how I redeem Japanese events. They're also all dated 10/30/2015. I have kept, and plan on keeping, my JPN system on JPN time.

Edit: Going to add it back in, but would prefer not to hold on to these too long for folks. I already have a backlog of stuff to give, so really don't want to add more to it. :(

Edit 2: Claimed by Tusk. 1/3

One already given to TimorousPanda. 2/3

One given to Magnetic_North. 3/3

All gone. :)

Going to pace myself on these redemptions. Especially since the starter trio I over did it last year. Hah. A few today, a few tomorrow. Plus be able to farm Shiny Xerneas during Yveltal too. Plus I have to go shiny legendary hunting again.

On the plus side, on the decent amount I have gotten today, I've farmed three shiny Xerneas to give out here. If you would like one, please let me know.

They all come in JPN. That's how I redeem Japanese events. They're also all dated 10/30/2015. I have kept, and plan on keeping, my JPN system on JPN time.

Edit: Going to add it back in, but would prefer not to hold on to these too long for folks. I already have a backlog of stuff to give, so really don't want to add more to it. :(

Edit 2: One on hold for Tusk for a bit. 1/3

Thank you!!!!

Edit 2: One on hold for Tusk for a bit. 1/3

Could I please have one? :D

Muku

If you have a Jp Pokemon and set it the language to English, what region is the Pokemon?

If you have JPN version of the game playing on a JPN system and start your game in ENG your Pokemon will come out in ENG. Because the whole game is ENG at that point. (Until you reset it and choose another language, in which case then it'll be that language.)

If you have a Jp Pokemon game and set it the language to English, what region is the Pokemon?

It's slightly more complex since there's the language tag that you see and a hidden "3DS region" value.

The former will be ENG, but the 3DS region will still be Japan or whatever region is set in System Settings.

I don't think you can check the 3DS region anywhere, except with hacking tools.

It's slightly more complex since there's the language tag that you see and a hidden "3DS region" value.

The former will be ENG, but the 3DS region will still be Japan or whatever region is set in System Settings.

Edit 2: One on hold for Tusk for a bit. 1/3 ~ Timer on this is about to expire on being held.

One given to Magnetic_North. 3/3

Thank you so much!!!

tiijj

If you have JPN version of the game playing on a JPN system and start your game in ENG your Pokemon will come out in ENG. Because the whole game is ENG at that point. (Until you reset it and choose another language, in which case then it'll be that language.)

You have to use jap system
I used jap game on us 3DS using region free homebrew , and it counts my game as US

I was actually concerned about the 3ds region value thing a few months ago. I was trying to decide if I'll go with jp or english. I was thinking that since there are some stuff that jp gets that we don't if I set it up to eng will I be able to get one. I set it up to english and tried it with those free starters, I was actually able to get the jp promo.

I asked since I sorta completely forgot about regions and stuff and recent I guess I recently started playing again. It made me curious if the shiny legendary would be a JPN or ENG region since I remember that they usually have the icon thing right beside their name.

lupinko

They only do the restrictions for game language settings for HK events since it used to be a former UK colony it seems.

There haven't been any restrictions for Japanese games in any language. The only restriction being for serial codes or Wifi.

Finally got around to beating this. Took me about 30-ish hours, didn't spend a lot of time SR'ing or getting a perfect team. My Latias is Timid with near-perfect IV's though. Caught Kyogre with an Ultra Ball and it's Mild with max. Sp. Att. so I kept it (the cutscene took so long).

Was talking with a friend and they said the Pokemon selection early on wasn't great. I tend to agree: ran with Ralts and Mudkip for the first couple gyms, then added Swablu (gotta have a Dragon) and Aron. All the Fire choices were bad until I got Vulpix at Mt. Pyre.

Like:
-PokeNav, don't have to check for Ability or run into other Pokemon, stats with maxed IV's, hidden Ability and Egg Moves, but creeping around non-grass areas can get very annoying (going all around Granite Cave for multiple Arons is not something I'd like to repeat).
-The music is good. Didn't get tired of the Team Aqua battle theme.
-Some of the cutscenes and graphical effects are nice.
-The ability to rematch trainers.

Dislike:
-The Pokemon selection. Just wasn't feeling the Gen III ones.
-Berry patches. HG/SS did it best: right near the Daycare, all clumped together.
-Team Aqua Pokemon selection is pretty generic as well.

Making my way through the Delta Episode and it's pretty interesting.

jnWake

It's so dumb that you can't catch a wild shiny Xerneas/Yvetal. It'd be glorious to reach the "cutscene" and have a shiny one there instead of a normal one. Oh well...

By the way, what other Pokémon are shiny locked?

Seil

It's so dumb that you can't catch a wild shiny Xerneas/Yvetal. It'd be glorious to reach the "cutscene" and have a shiny one there instead of a normal one. Oh well...

By the way, what other Pokémon are shiny locked?

All legendaries in XY are shiny locked, so you can't catch shiny Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos or Articuno in XY.

In ORAS, only Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys are shiny locked. All of the others can be shiny.

lupinko

Okay I used VGC built Aegislash, Togekiss in addition to a holdover Landorus from gen 5 in free battle doubles.

I know it sounds silly for me to say this but damn they're so good! Like I knew Aegislash was good and same goes with Togekiss but damn.

Those two in doubles took down White Kyurem, Zekrom, Mewtwo, Xerneas, and megas Garchomp and Yzard with ease.

I can't wait to use my other VGC mon.

Oh right can anyone teach my Florges synthesis, my main AS isn't at the island yet with tutors.

How long does that take, I haven't beaten the E4 yet.

Muku

Whoa. Shiny. Do want.

Hoopa at Micky D's? What about Canada? We don't have N-Zones and Micky's?

It is a beautiful shiny.

Also... makes me wonder if they mean NA. Or do they really only mean US? Guess they want Candians to live near border and have to go into US for theirs. It's sad, think we've all waited long enough for it, Canada should have it too.

Edit: Also glad it's X/Y/OR/AS for Hoopa. I will be getting four of those things.

Edit 2: *sad panda* Has Nintendos servers blown up with folks trying to get shiny Xerneas? Can't seem to redeem one now like earlier.

lupinko

LOL we're probably the only scrubs here that have yet to beat E4. Considering how long we've had our games.

Haha yeah.

My sleep schedule's FUBAR so i can help with the flower later today

and yeah good pokemon are good lol :p

Woohoo! Could you also teach one of my Emerald shiny Rayrays Dragon Ascent too?

I have two trained VGC 6IV Aegislash (both quiet but they do different things). I also have that 6IV naive Zoroark I want to start training soon, and that 6IV Zorua egg I'm still debating if I should get SV check hatched.

I can't wait to use my Scythers, both adamant, one is 5IV flawless and the shiny one is 29/31/31/31/31/31. I meant Scizors.

Now with this I don't know if I should use my pseudo flawless 3iv shiny modest Heatran, tho Togekiss helps it.

Does follow me last the entirety of its user's stay on the field? It looked like it only lasted one turn yesterday both games I used it in.

The follow me redirection of Draco Meteor to Togekiss was so good.

Whoa. Shiny. Do want.

Hoopa at Micky D's? What about Canada? We don't have N-Zones and Micky's?

I'm kinda bummed if it is a N-Zone or Local, now I can't get more Hoopas on my 6 NA games.

I wanted codes again, unless someone can spoof McDonalds' wifi. Haha

I have a hoarding problem. :p

Seil

Does follow me last the entirety of its user's stay on the field? It looked like it only lasted one turn yesterday both games I used it in.

Yeah it's one turn. Something amusing, though, is I'm pretty sure it even overrides stuff like Lightning Rod.

Edit: Should've refreshed lol.

lupinko

I can do Dragon Ascent too I supposed.

Yeah, Follow Me is one turn. It would be silly if it lasted afterwards. lol

Ah ok, and did you want one of my Togepis with egg moves? I have 5IV flawless or 6IV ones. If you don't care for the ball, most of the aforementioned two are male, I do have females that are 5IV but not flawless, they're all hustle or serene grace. I do have females too, some with super luck but those don't have good IVs. They're all dream balls.

Yeah it's one turn. Something amusing, though, is I'm pretty sure it even overrides stuff like Lightning Rod.

Edit: Should've refreshed lol.

Ah interesting.

Edit:

New event in Japan, Shiny VGC Junior Division Champion Tyranitar according to serebii.

Only redeemable via ORAS, I have to see if it's local or wifi, if it's the latter then it's going to work on my NA games.

Hegarol

New event in Japan, Shiny VGC Junior Division Champion Tyranitar according to serebii.

Only redeemable via ORAS, I have to see if it's local or wifi, if it's the latter then it's going to work on my NA games.
I thought its the other way around. Local is not region-locked but wifi is?

lupinko

I thought its the other way around. Local is not region-locked but wifi is?

That's why I said latter, wifi is region locked.

Local isn't, that's why my NA games have so many Japanese local events on them.

Haha I noticed my typo, I forgot to type "not".

lupinko

Reddit says its locked to JAP consoles unfortunately.

IR events, however, are locked.

Ah, I didn't know IR events are locked, that's good to know too.

So the Tyranitar will be Wifi I guess?

Also, I'm strongly considering just getting other people to hatch my competitive shinies now, or I just keep trading my eggs to my various games. Lmao

I just bred another 6IV naive male Zorua, which I didn't save after hatching to check.

JoeM86

Ah, I didn't know IR events are locked, that's good to know too.

So the Tyranitar will be Wifi I guess?

Also, I'm strongly considering just getting other people to hatch my competitive shinies now, or I just keep trading my eggs to my various games. Lmao

I just bred another 6IV naive male Zorua, which I didn't save after hatching to check.

Tyranitar will either be local, or it'll be like the Pumpkaboo was where you need to be at the Pokémon Centers, but it connects online. Nintendo Zone essentially

lupinko

I got KeySav to work, I found out two of my TSVs: NAX-(3451) and JPAS-(0097).

Pretty interesting to see the actual IVs for some of my VGC pokes, the 6IVs are not listed for obvious reasons:

Scyther (F) - Adamant - Steadfast - 28.31.31.31.31.31 *
Florges (F) - Bold - Flower Veil - 31.06.31.31.31.31
Togekiss (M) - Bold - Serene Grace - 31.13.31.31.31.31
Froakie (M) - Timid - Protean - 31.02.31.31.31.31
Tirtouga (M) - Adamant - Solid Rock - 31.31.31.16.31.31
Bagon (F) - Naive - Rock Head - 31.18.31.31.31.31 *
Starly (F) - Jolly - Reckless - 31.31.31.22.31.31 *
Emolga (M) - Timid - Motor Drive - 31.12.31.31.31.31

And my two 6IV Zorua male eggs have these TSVs: [2011] and [0327].

Tyranitar will either be local, or it'll be like the Pumpkaboo was where you need to be at the Pokémon Centers, but it connects online. Nintendo Zone essentially

I actually haven't picked up Pumpkaboo yet, it's until Nov. 1st I think, so Halloween tomorrow will be pretty nice.

I will pick up another XY later tonight used since they're so cheap.

Anyone with more knowledge/experience please correct me, but folks with US cartridges are out of luck because these shiny legendary event Pokémon probably aren't going to be released here.

I checked out the Serebii Event Database and confirmed my fears that Japan typically gets a few more events than other regions. I hope I'm wrong, haha.

Here's to hoping the event comes to US/Europe. I want that shiny Xerneas and Yveltal. They're so purdy.

I used to dabble with SVs ages ago, but kind of stopped when I moved into event trading.

I know my X TSV is 3656, but I haven't checked my new games. Actually, I keep starting new files on Y and ORAS so I don't have a fixed TSV for those.

Closest so far is Hegarol's 1904 TSV and my 1907 Scatterbug egg.

I also have a Ralts egg with an ESV of 0000...

Didn't know Deoxys was so weak. Guess I have to beat the E4 again for a rematch.

Rayquaza was caught with one Ultra Ball, no conditions, just low health. Either I got really lucky or the catch rate is higher now. It's Timid and I'm not going through the entire cutscene/end game again so I'll keep it.

Qurupeke

Didn't know Deoxys was so weak. Guess I have to beat the E4 again for a rematch.

Rayquaza was caught with one Ultra Ball, no conditions, just low health. Either I got really lucky or the catch rate is higher now. It's Timid and I'm not going through the entire cutscene/end game again so I'll keep it.

Rayquaza is really easy to catch, because you need it to beat Deoxys. Actually, you shouldn't have wasted an Ultra Ball. :p

Seil

As above, Rayquaza was boosted in ORAS, up to 45 like Reshiram and Zekrom used to have. If you fail to catch Rayquaza, it forces you back into the fight, so it would've been a bit obnoxious otherwise.

Top Bottom