• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

Shiny beldum is easy to get either from the ORAS event or RNGing it in RSE.

For some of my RSE future playthroughs I'm just going to trade beldums over to start.

JoeM86

CSybpPdXAAAxSdk.png

Gift for Spooky Cup entry is up

Top 12 used Pokémon:

Muku

Shiny beldum is easy to get either from the ORAS event or RNGing it in RSE.

For some of my RSE future playthroughs I'm just going to trade beldums over to start.

Haha I am not sure how dedicated some folks are for RNGing in RSE. Or if some folks even have them. Not going to lie, used games here are ridiculous. Miss some of the cheaper Pokemon games in Japan.

KingDirk

Okay, so is there some extra arcane element to breeding that I'm missing, or are the RNG gods just being especially capricious? Breeding a 6IV Mudkip male with a 4IV female--consistently getting mostly 5IV males, but the (maddeningly rare) females are always 4IV at best. Does it matter which parent has the destiny knot?

Seil

Okay, so is there some extra arcane element to breeding that I'm missing, or are the RNG gods just being especially capricious? Breeding a 6IV Mudkip male with a 4IV female--consistently getting mostly 5IV males, but the (maddeningly rare) females are always 4IV at best. Does it matter which parent has the destiny knot?

It doesn't matter which one holds the Destiny Knot, no. Just a matter of luck. Since starters are always 1/8 female rate that just makes it take longer on average to get good females.

KingDirk

It doesn't matter which one holds the Destiny Knot, no. Just a matter of luck. Since starters are always 1/8 female rate that just makes it take longer on average to get good females.

What I was afraid of, but at least the time I've put in hasn't been doing it wrong. Also trying not to succumb to the gambler's fallacy while breeding, which is mad hard.

Have to say I'm pretty impressed with the post-game content. Delta Episode, a lot of Legendaries, starters from other regions, and even a second Day Care. The Eon Flute means I don't have to carry a Fly HM slave (sorry Pelipper).

What's the best hatching route? I miss the circular tower in Lumiose from X/Y.

Have to say I'm pretty impressed with the post-game content. Delta Episode, a lot of Legendaries, starters from other regions, and even a second Day Care. The Eon Flute means I don't have to carry a Fly HM slave (sorry Pelipper).

What's the best hatching route? I miss the circular tower in Lumiose from X/Y.

Battle Resort. Hug one of the four corners of the area before the camera rotates, then hold Up and don't let go.

Muku

Wow, a lot of people used the tower in X/Y for hatching, didn't they? I tended to really enjoy the route the day care was on. Sure, you couldn't just go in a circle, but it was long enough and if you positioned yourself right you could fly through town to the other side then go back west and go next to cave.

Macka

I never understood going to Lumiose Tower to hatch eggs.

When I'm breeding for something, I constantly collect new eggs every time one hatches, so I need to stay in the route with the Daycare. You waste steps if you hatch them all at once.

infi

When I'm breeding for something, I constantly collect new eggs every time one hatches, so I need to stay in the route with the Daycare. You waste steps if you hatch them all at once.

That's how I do it as well, it seems the most convenient way for me.

lupinko

Haha I am not sure how dedicated some folks are for RNGing in RSE. Or if some folks even have them. Not going to lie, used games here are ridiculous. Miss some of the cheaper Pokemon games in Japan.

I bought another XY for about $20 used together. I would do the same for ORAS maybe, a new game would crash ORAS' prices.

I can't remember which ones off-hand, but some 'mon had an obnoxiously huge number of steps needed to hatch.
I'd go to the tower for those, but other than them I just stuck to the daycare route too.

lupinko

Soft resetting for good IVs is so annoying, it's more so compared to soft resetting for shiny.

The best Landorus I came up with in the past few days of trying was:

Adamant 12-13/30-31/12-13/30-31/30-31/30-31

Of course I tossed it.

Which leads me to believe that the legendaries used by the champions in masters chances of being hacked are very low since they were caught in master balls (which would expedite the SR process, I'm using capture power and a false swiper, only using premier balls).

Sweet. Let me nab them while SRing this Cresselia. Any particular reason for this Zoroark?

Joe says it has Sludge Bomb, so event only move.

Muku

Soft resetting for good IVs is so annoying, it's more so compared to soft resetting for shiny.

The best Landorus I came up with in the past few days of trying was:

Adamant 12-13/30-31/12-13/30-31/30-31/30-31

Of course I tossed it.

Which leads me to believe that the legendaries used by the champions in masters chances of being hacked are very low since they were caught in master balls (which would expedite the SR process, I'm using capture power and a false swiper, only using premier balls).

Joe says it has Sludge Bomb, so event only move.

Hmm okay. Just seems weird.

lupinko

Hmm okay. Just seems weird.

Should have been shiny. Lol

It's turned into my recent favourite Pokemon lately. I'm still trying to breed a female 6IV parent even though I've bred four 6IV males (3 still eggs because I want to SV hatch them).

Muku

Should have been shiny. Lol

It's turned into my recent favourite Pokemon lately. I'm still trying to breed a female 6IV parent even though I've bred four 6IV males (3 still eggs because I want to SV hatch them).

I prefer Zorua shiny moreso than Zoroark. :eek:

lupinko

I just caught a 4IV flawless adamant Landorus before tossing it, 0-3 SpA and 20-21 SpD, if only that SpD was 30-31.

Either 5IV flawless or shiny for me. I can wait.

Muku

I just caught a 4IV flawless adamant Landorus before tossing it, 0-3 SpA and 20-21 SpD, if only that SpD was 30-31.

Either 5IV flawless or shiny for me. I can wait.

I like how you can say it like nonchalantly haha. Oh it was just a flawless 4. /toss Haha.

Glad to hear the UK will be getting Zoroark, too! Just kind of a bummer it's serial code there.

Edit: The new code comes out on Thursday Japan time, right?

Hegarol

Glad to hear the UK will be getting Zoroark, too! Just kind of a bummer it's serial code there.
It was the same with Shiny Rayquaza. Wifi for NA, codes for Europe. I don't understand the logic tbh. There are plenty of countries in Europe that are not getting codes. Wifi would be best for everyone.

Qurupeke

It was the same with Shiny Rayquaza. Wifi for NA, codes for Europe. I don't understand the logic tbh. There are plenty of countries in Europe that are not getting codes. Wifi would be best for everyone.

At least for events like Hoopa or anything big, this should have been the norm.

Also, why a Zoroark with Sludge Bomb? Seems so random.

Muku

Also, why a Zoroark with Sludge Bomb? Seems so random.

^ Exactly. That's why yesterday when it was stated to me because of Sludge Bomb, all I could think of was "...okay?" I didn't quite get the move choice on it. Not that I don't appreciate it, because I do. I just don't see significance of what I thought was a random move on it.

I collect 5 eggs, deposit and repeat until I reach 25 eggs. I then go to tower, withdraw every 5th egg then use the O-power. The egg hatching animation uses up o-power time so having all the eggs as near to each other in egg cycle step count is a good thing (plus it is really cool when you get eggs hatching one step after another though most the time steps walked vary due to RNG of egg collection; eggs collected nearer to the deposit are more consistent here).

I still do that in ORAS even though the loop is worse with quicksand on bits of the path (I think this was an intentional troll) and the direction resetting whenever anything hatches.

I do admit this will lead to collecting less eggs but for most species 25 is a good time to review things with the IV judge and see if you're getting things better or closer to your goal and with a sample of 25 you get a feel for lower or upper percentile in a given stat so judge a lot less.

This has given me a quick bit for food for thought and that is to use o-power during the egg collection phase (I mainly get to play the game now while waiting for lobbies to fill in Splatoon so during the matches so I regularly fill my o-power).

I'm currently SRing for a 5IV flawless Timid Heatran and I feel your pain lupinko. I got a 4IV Modest but it had 8-9 SpA so I said nope and reset once more. I wish Synchronize worked 100%, or at least if there was an item that made it work 100% or something.

I might settle for a flawless 4 if the 5th IV was > 25 but I dunno. I'd settle for a shiny too, regardless of stats, heh.

lupinko

I like how you can say it like nonchalantly haha. Oh it was just a flawless 4. /toss Haha.

Edit: The new code comes out on Thursday Japan time, right?

Haha yeah! I mean, I'm not in any rush to get it, that's why I shrug or shake my head when I see people complaining about catching a legendary and being content with a subpar one as they don't wish to get a better one. But not everybody plays competitively though.

It should, oh hey that 6IV Piplup you gave me awhile back, do you still have that game save it originated from? Because if you do, any eggs I have with your SV I'll trade and give to you for free as fantastic shinies. I KeySav check now, so go figure. It makes breeding for IVs and shiny a lot less stressful.

I'm currently SRing for a 5IV flawless Timid Heatran and I feel your pain lupinko. I got a 4IV Modest but it had 8-9 SpA so I said nope and reset once more. I wish Synchronize worked 100%, or at least if there was an item that made it work 100% or something.

I might settle for a flawless 4 if the 5th IV was > 25 but I dunno. I'd settle for a shiny too, regardless of stats, heh.

Yep, same! The best gen 6 shiny legendary I got so far was shiny impish Giratina, and it was 4IV flawless. I wanted lonely or naughty but the synchronizer failed, I forget which one was it tho.

Muku

Haha yeah! I mean, I'm not in any rush to get it, that's why I shrug or shake my head when I see people complaining about catching a legendary and being content with a subpar one as they don't wish to get a better one. But not everybody plays competitively though.

It should, oh hey that 6IV Piplup you gave me awhile back, do you still have that game save it originated from? Because if you do, any eggs I have with your SV I'll trade and give to you for free as fantastic shinies. I KeySav check now, so go figure. It makes breeding for IVs and shiny a lot less stressful.

Yep, same! The best gen 6 shiny legendary I got so far was shiny impish Giratina, and it was 4IV flawless. I wanted lonely or naughty but the synchronizer failed, I forget which one was it tho.

The 6IV Piplup? I think that came from X. (If you let me know trainer ID I can verify.) That would be awesome. :) They'd also be with my OT which is exactly what i want for my shiny dex. :D

I find Synchronizer always fails me. So I stopped carrying it around. Plus my shinies won't be competitive as they're going in the shiny dex. Though I'm thinking about doing JPN AS as competitive shinies. But we'll see.

Seil

Managed to finish my safari collection sans the gen 3 exclusives, so that feels nice. Now if only dream balls were less of a pain haha.

KingDirk

Fiiiinally got a 5IV female Mudkip (two in a row, actually, after a few hundred...), gonna xbreed it with my 6IV for a bit to see if I can get a 6IV female, and then gonna try shiny breeding with that 5IV French thing.

So my reserve of 4-5IV Mudkips has grown another box, so message me if you want 'em. Am intrigued by a HA Goomy, Abra, or Hawlucha, or any other breeding leftovers. =P Sorry if selfish.

I just got a Timid Heatran that's almost 5IV flawless. It's got the 3 guaranteed ones in Spd, Hp and Def and it's got 28-29 in SpA and SpD with 0 in Atk, heh. I think I'll just keep this one.

Muku

I just got a Timid Heatran that's almost 5IV flawless. It's got the 3 guaranteed ones in Spd, Hp and Def and it's got 28-29 in SpA and SpD with 0 in Atk, heh. I think I'll just keep this one.

Yeah, I'd just roll with it too. :) But I don't tend to battle competitively. Game is trolling ya though, haha

lupinko

To get Hoopa:
1. Make sure your Nintendo 3DS system is connected to Nintendo Zone.
2. Select MYSTERY GIFT.
3. Select RECEIVE GIFT, then YES.
4. Select GET VIA INTERNET, then YES.
5. Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center to receive Hoopa!
6. Be sure to save your game.

That's from November 27-December 23 at McDonalds.

It says North America on the Pokemon site so Canada isn't boned, though I don't know about Mexico.

So with that information, yes, you can farm these Hoopa.

Haha, I'm debating sending my four NA carts back home to a friend to get these Hoopa.

Edit: If people can game Best Buy's Nintendo Zone, I'm going to guess they will find a way to game McDonalds'.

Muku

That's from November 27-December 23 at McDonalds.

It says North America on the Pokemon site so Canada isn't boned, though I don't know about Mexico.

So with that information, yes, you can farm these Hoopa.

Haha, I'm debating sending my four NA carts back home to a friend to get these Hoopa.

Edit: If people can game Best Buy's Nintendo Zone, I'm going to guess they will find a way to game McDonalds'.

So it'll be in-game code based then? Not done one this way so I'm confused. You say farmed, but assume if code based within game then it's farmable over some days.

Only have a game or two I farm with at moment, so not sure I'll really farm these if so. Sounds kind of like a pain. Plus everyone else will be and Hoopa won't be worth so much. XD

I hope Canda isn't boned. Worse comes to worse you could send them to me LOL. Going to be walking down to my McD's once this drops.

lupinko

So it'll be in-game code based then? Not done one this way so I'm confused. You say farmed, but assume if code based within game then it's farmable over some days.

Only have a game or two I farm with at moment, so not sure I'll really farm these if so. Sounds kind of like a pain. Plus everyone else will be and Hoopa won't be worth so much. XD

I hope Canda isn't boned. Worse comes to worse you could send them to me LOL. Going to be walking down to my McD's once this drops.

Nah, it's not a code, you are just using McDonalds' Nintendo Zone as an access point to use their internet. So it's like logging onto their internet but using Nintendo to log in rather than AT&T (in Canada this would be Bell iirc).

You still access it via Mystery Gift but use internet instead of local or serial code.

It works just like the Pokemon Center distributions, download event, trade to other game or bank, wipe game, repeat to farm.

But yeah I read online that people already spoof Best Buy for Animal Crossing items, so I figure and hope it'll be the same for Pokemon.

Muku

Nah, it's not a code, you are just using McDonalds' Nintendo Zone as an access point to use their internet. So it's like logging onto their internet but using Nintendo to log in rather than AT&T (in Canada this would be Bell iirc).

You still access it via Mystery Gift but use internet instead of local or serial code.

It works just like the Pokemon Center distributions, download event, trade to other game or bank, wipe game, repeat to farm.

But yeah I read online that people already spoof Best Buy for Animal Crossing items, so I figure and hope it'll be the same for Pokemon.

Ahh okay, thank you. Yeah I remember hearing about the AC stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Doesn't the overhead of having to go to the pc/iv guy for (about)every single hatch make this a slower method?

Muku

Awww yess.. here comes the bacon farming train! CHOO CHOO!

Edit: The Zygarde next week isn't shiny right? Every time I see it referred it sounds just like a normal one.

Awww yess.. here comes the bacon farming train! CHOO CHOO!

Edit: The Zygarde next week isn't shiny right? Every time I see it referred it sounds just like a normal one.

Choo choo!

I'm pretty sure it's non-shiny. Presumably they're saving it for another occasion...

Muku

Choo choo!

I'm pretty sure it's non-shiny. Presumably they're saving it for another occasion...

That's what I thought. Was just questioning it now because someone asked me a question and I was like "I thought it was non shiny?" Thank you. And yeah, they probably are. Considering it's taking front stage with it's forme changes.

ebevan91

I have a shiny Palkia event for trade. Looking for shiny Xerneas or Yveltal event (can it have an English name?).

I need proof that it is legit though because I just got scammed earlier this morning trading an event Diancie for a "legit" Xerneas. It looked legit and everything except for it had no ribbon.

Top Bottom