• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

So sitting here SRing Virizion and started thinking about my shiny dex a bit. When I start breeding to fill it in and all. And then I thought, "Well crap. What about Ditto?" Trying to think of things now, before I go down that breeding road later, of how to go about getting a shiny Ditto myself. Mainly doing it to replace the stuff that doesn't have my OT to take out any hacks and all.

I know easiest way would be to farm a Ditto Safari... but I don't know a single person with one on my friends list. So that's out. The only other thing I can think of is Pokemon Village to try farming at, but I always get Ditto when I'm not trying to get into fights. And when I do go down there to get into fights I get everything but Ditto. :/ I guess Ditto is just going to be one of those pains in the ass, yeah?

Seil

So sitting here SRing Virizion and started thinking about my shiny dex a bit. When I start breeding to fill it in and all. And then I thought, "Well crap. What about Ditto?" Trying to think of things now, before I go down that breeding road later, of how to go about getting a shiny Ditto myself. Mainly doing it to replace the stuff that doesn't have my OT to take out any hacks and all.

I know easiest way would be to farm a Ditto Safari... but I don't know a single person with one on my friends list. So that's out. The only other thing I can think of is Pokemon Village to try farming at, but I always get Ditto when I'm not trying to get into fights. And when I do go down there to get into fights I get everything but Ditto. :/ I guess Ditto is just going to be one of those pains in the ass, yeah?

https://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari/comments/3qmpjb/lf_frogadiernoibat_adding_everyone/

See if you can get added there =)

Edit: Or not, looks like they just stopped a couple minutes ago lol. You can still either make a request or keep an eye out for another Ditto safari there, though.

Muku

Seil

That's thing, I'm not a member of reddit. Maybe I should be, but I don't know. I'm weird. I know they have things like that on other places, but I don't frequent them. Thank you though.

Edit: Not surprising. Finding anyone with Ditto safaris is like finding a million dollars. Imagine their FL are always full. :p

Yeah I got a Ditto safari really early in XY. I see them semi-frequently on that subreddit still though, even though I don't check it very often since I no longer have a need for it. Used it a lot when I was collecting Luxury Ball HAs.

lupinko

Did I give you a Duplica Ditto yet? And we have outstanding trades. Also sometime today is shiny Xerneas. I'm at work right now and I don't know when the anime is on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari/comments/3qmpjb/lf_frogadiernoibat_adding_everyone/

See if you can get added there =)

Edit: Or not, looks like they just stopped a couple minutes ago lol. You can still either make a request or keep an eye out for another Ditto safari there, though.

We also have outstanding trades!

Think I should just say screw it and try to find someone to hatch my male 6IV naive Zorua with a matching SV? I like using my Pokemon that have my own trainer names.

I still haven't been able to breed a 6IV female yet for MM breeding.

Seil

We also have outstanding trades!

Think I should just say screw it and try to find someone to hatch my male 6IV naive Zorua with a matching SV? I like using my Pokemon that have my own trainer names.

I still haven't been able to breed a 6IV female yet for MM breeding.

All 45 are still sitting in boxes in my AS haha. Whenever you feel up to it =p

I'd probably be stubborn on the Zorua thing. I also like having things with my own trainer names lol.

Currently kinda-sorta working on my safari ball collection. Have pretty much everything from HGSS, working on the DPPt slowly. The Gen 3 exclusives are gonna suck though since I don't have those games anymore =/

Muku

Did I give you a Duplica Ditto yet? And we have outstanding trades. Also sometime today is shiny Xerneas. I'm at work right now and I don't know when the anime is on.

We definately have outstanding trades! Have your Rayray
edit: Rayrays..
from WHF, Cafe Pikachu and all that good stuff from earlier this year. I don't think I got a duplica ditto yet? Mainly for fact we haven't traded in ages at this point. Think last trades we did I gave you the Yokohama Pikachus? LOL damn couldn't have been that long...

Yeah, spent a few hours today SRing Virizion to no avail. Now just awaiting the Shiny Xerneas code. Have a feeling I probably won't see it until morning tomorrow. Then I can spend some time farming them. Going to be ORAS only?

Edit: Ended up with a shiny Jirachi. It's in ENG and is from PC Tohoku. I can't speak for the legitness of it. Because it seems like PowerSaves and stuff are all the rage these days. It does have date of August 1, 2014. I'm assuming that was first day you could obtain it last year. In any case, I was doing it to help the person get a couple legendaries they were looking for rather than the Pokemon itself. So, if anyone here would like it, it's still level 10, please let me know. Just want to find it a good home. Just checked its' IVs and its a 4IV. (Sans SpAtk and Spd on Hardy nature.)

lupinko

Yeah the powersaves date is the first day, it's hard to get legit first day unless you have real proof
e.g. me
, so it's pretty easy to spot.

Sigh pokecalypse still stings.

I'm seriously considering getting another XY tonight because they're only ~900y each.

Toxi

Banned
Started a Nuzlocke, used the dex nav and saw a lv 3 Tailow. Sent out my Treeko and used Absorb, hoping to whittle it down.

"Tailow used Brave Bird."

Well shit. This thing's a monster.

What the... Are they trying to create a record for the shortest Pokemon event ever?

Both distributions put together didn't even last 1 hour. Maybe not even 45 minutes.

I can't see many Hong Kong/Taiwan players being pleased, but then again they did receive advance warning.

lupinko

JezRZ6E.jpg

lupinko

I tried to redeem a Hong Kong Ray on my UK Y, but I get the same error (in English).

To be honest, I'm not in a hurry, but... Shiny Xerneas... : D~~~

I forgot that HK Ray can work on Pal games, the ones I won't put on the XYs I'll buy tomorrow could you help me redeem for our trades? Lol my main games are getting full.

If shiny Xerneas doesn't have an item, it's the easiest one to farm via XY and Pokebank.

Edit: back up, I mean easiest one to farm via ORAS or I don't know anymore haha.

I forgot that HK Ray can work on Pal games, the ones I won't put on the XYs I'll buy tomorrow could you help me redeem for our trades? Lol my main games are getting full.

If shiny Xerneas doesn't have an item, it's the easiest one to farm via XY and Pokebank.

Edit: back up, I mean easiest one to farm via ORAS or I don't know anymore haha.

Sure, just PM me. I've got plenty of games to reset after I wiped my main OR file during May, haha.

Oh, the error is now server maintenance. Is everyone fighting to redeem Shiny Xerneas and Hong Kong Diancies or something?

lupinko

Sure, just PM me. I've got plenty of games to reset after I wiped my main OR file during May, haha.

Oh, the error is now server maintenance. Is everyone fighting to redeem Shiny Xerneas and Hong Kong Diancies or something?

Probably. I just grabbed 6 shiny xerneas, the two Diancie codes will be reserved for the second (third pair technically) pair of XY. :D

Edit: I'm going to try and end up with boxes of Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal, haha.

Anyone with more knowledge/experience please correct me, but folks with US cartridges are out of luck because these shiny legendary event Pokémon probably aren't going to be released here.

I checked out the Serebii Event Database and confirmed my fears that Japan typically gets a few more events than other regions. I hope I'm wrong, haha.

Anyone with more knowledge/experience please correct me, but folks with US cartridges are out of luck because these shiny legendary event Pokémon probably aren't going to be released here.

I checked out the Serebii Event Database and confirmed my fears that Japan typically gets a few more events than other regions. I hope I'm wrong, haha.

There's a 50/50 chance, I think.

Yeah, Japan gets a LOT more events, but there's been two similar events and we got one of them (the Hidden Ability Unova trio, but not Serena's Fennekin).

I would be surprised if they didn't come out in the rest of the world though. But I'm not taking my chances, haha.

JoeM86

Japan gets more events because there are more places willing to hold events.

Then, they're usually just in one building in all of Japan too and it's not easy or cheap to go from say Kyushu to Hokkaido

There's a 50/50 chance, I think.

Yeah, Japan gets a LOT more events, but there's been two similar events and we got one of them (the Hidden Ability Unova trio, but not Serena's Fennekin).

I would be surprised if they didn't come out in the rest of the world though. But I'm not taking my chances, haha.

Haha, here's hoping!
Japan gets more events because there are more places willing to hold events.

Then, they're usually just in one building in all of Japan too and it's not easy or cheap to go from say Kyushu to Hokkaido

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

Muku

McDonald's for Hoopa? Seriously? That is freaking awesome. So much closer to one of those than a GameStop now.

US Hoopa event finally announced.

Hoopa is available at participating McDonald's between November 27 and December 23, 2015. You'll need a copy of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as well as a system in the Nintendo 3DS family. The Hoopa you receive will be in its Confined form. When Hoopa is in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, it can transform into the powerful Hoopa Unbound!
Visit McDonald's to get the amazing Mythical Pokémon Hoopa while you can!

Primary Source: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/hoopa

Via: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/comments/3qpywf/us_distribution_hoopa/

Does any one know if it will be distributed by code or local wireless?

I assume since Serebii said local event that it'll be wireless.

Edit: OH. MAH. ARCEUS. Shiny Xerneas is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen....
That's disapointing. I'm sure I'll get a trade off someone though.

If you need a Shiny Xerneas, I have spare as they are farmable.

Muku

That's disapointing. I'm sure I'll get a trade off someone though.

If you need a Shiny Xerneas, I have spare as they are farmable.

Oh I'm gathering it right now in my JPN game. :) It's just... I was taken aback by how beautiful it is when it popped up as having been received.

Hegarol, sure give me a bit though. First one I gather is going into my shiny dex. Will start farming them on next one. THough first one farmed will be yours. You looking for any specific nature?

Edit: Will probably go light on the farming this week and farm both shinies together next week more heavily. Will get some this week think for some folks though.

Top Bottom