• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

CTHm6crWUAAAL5T.png

I have Zoroark :)

ebevan91

I still have one Bacon since I haven't heard anything from ebevan. I am not looking for anything in return, just giving them away on here. Are you available to trade now? If so I can give it to you now.

Edit: Well, I'm off for the evening. Guess I'll give this last Bacon bird out tomorrow. Will post when it is available. Be ready to trade asap for it. (Sorry, but already holding on to so many things for folks I just can't really continue that route. Haha.)

I completely forgot! I had a 2 and a half hour class last night and forgot to check when I got back.

Muku

You're welcome. :)

Whew, and with that, the last of the Bacon birds I was due to give out is gone. From here on out it's farming Bacon to hoard.

Muku

Yeah. Hated that they announced it so far in advance.

I kind of understand why they did, because seems like everyone has gotten it forever ago at this point and they didn't want to leave us in a void. But at same time, ugh. So far away.

backlot

Anyone here excited for the Scrappy Skirmish WiFi tournament? Sign ups opened recently on the website. Seems like there's going to be tons of variety.

JoeM86

Anyone here excited for the Scrappy Skirmish WiFi tournament? Sign ups opened recently on the website. Seems like there's going to be tons of variety.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of something awesome I can do in it :) Can't wait to see what everyone else brings

lupinko

Tyranitar is internet and not local.

Kinda worrying now since that's two straight events that dropped local for Internet, Pumpkaboo and Tyranitar.

The last local events were of course the ones in the summer with Gyarados, Magikarp and Jirachi.

Edit: third straight event, the 7-11 repeats were also internet only.

JoeM86

Tyranitar is internet and not local.

Kinda worrying now since that's two straight events that dropped local for Internet, Pumpkaboo and Tyranitar.

The last local events were of course the ones in the summer with Gyarados, Magikarp and Jirachi.

Edit: third straight event, the 7-11 repeats were also internet only.

Bit of a pain.

I wonder why they did that.

I know they dropped local outside of Japan due to the fact that places kept not returning the carts to sell, and some stores held the distributions hostage for purchases, but in Pokémon Centers? Must just be easier

Bit of a pain.

I know they dropped local outside of Japan due to the fact that places kept not returning the carts to sell, and some stores held the distributions hostage for purchases, but in Pokémon Centers? Must just be easier
Stop foreign event farmers, maybe?

McDonalds Hoopa is the same, right? Perhaps it is easier...

By the way, is it possible to spoof the Tyranitar SSID like we did for GAME Charizard last year?

turbocat

If there's any kind soul willing to trade a shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas, and/or Hoopa, I'm looking for all three. I have a living dex, extra legendaries, breeding rejects, etc. Just PM me and let me know what you're looking for.

lupinko

Bit of a pain.

Well it's anecdotal but maybe it will change back because I've seen many people being confused on the lack of local and are always asking the store staff to help them. They don't even update the instructions, for both Pumpkaboo and Tyranitar they still have Pancham as the example. Lol

Unrelated to me, but internet is more inconvenient than local.

I don't expect the movie distributions to change since in a theatre internet would be trickier.

Also the change is weird, since internet from time to time can time out, you don't really see that with local since it's instant.

We shall wait and see.

This wouldn't be so bad re: Tyranitar if it was also compatible with XY. Lmao

Edit: the last three events haven't been too popular so likely local is only for larger ones going forward? I hope so, and I should get a used ORAS, haha, I do have a farming cart but it has events I haven't redeemed yet.

Muku

Well it's anecdotal but maybe it will change back because I've seen many people being confused on the lack of local and are always asking the store staff to help them. They don't even update the instructions, for both Pumpkaboo and Tyranitar they still have Pancham as the example. Lol

Unrelated to me, but internet is more inconvenient than local.

I don't expect the movie distributions to change since in a theatre internet would be trickier.

Also the change is weird, since internet from time to time can time out, you don't really see that with local since it's instant.

We shall wait and see.

This wouldn't be so bad re: Tyranitar if it was also compatible with XY. Lmao

Edit: the last three events haven't been too popular so likely local is only for larger ones going forward? I hope so, and I should get a used ORAS, haha, I do have a farming cart but it has events I haven't redeemed yet.

Farming cart with unfarmed things, hehe. Yeah, used one might be good. Kind of wish I picked up OR before leaving Japan. I have ORAS in ENG but kinda kicking myself for not having both in Japanese right now.

If there's any kind soul willing to trade a shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas, and/or Hoopa, I'm looking for all three. I have a living dex, extra legendaries, breeding rejects, etc. Just PM me and let me know what you're looking for.

Got the shiny Xerneas and shiny Yveltal taken care of, but believe turbocat is still looking for a Hoopa.

turbocat

Got the shiny Xerneas and shiny Yveltal taken care of, but believe turbocat is still looking for a Hoopa.

I just wanted to say that, of all of the communities that I've been a part of, you guys are the best. Everyone here, including Muku, has been nothing but a joy to interact with. It's sometimes hard to find positivity in gaming communities, and I look forward to stopping by here every single day to see what's going on. You all rock.

Muku

I'm just helping out best I can. I received a lot of help after I initially got here, and it was the most awesome feeling. I just try to pass along that kind of help I got. :) But yeah, this community is awesome. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Macka

Edit: I'm looking for an NA event Hoopa if anyone has a spare one. Not in the US but have a NA 3DS so I can't get the event locally. :/

I still have 31/31/31/x/31/31 Dream Ball Infilitrator Zubats with Brave Bird, Defog, Hypnosis and Pursuit egg moves on offer if anyone's interested. I also now have 31/x/31/31/31/31 (and some HP ice) Quick Ball Electrike's as well. Note that I'm on UK time at the moment though, so I can only really trade at around the time of this post each day, give or take a few hours.

Doesn't the overhead of having to go to the pc/iv guy for (about)every single hatch make this a slower method?
I don't think so, because the time you spend running to the PC is still counting towards hatching the rest of your eggs. And then you walk outside and (usually) have a replacement egg waiting for you. I mean, the Lumiose method in comparison has you cycling around until you get six eggs, flying to lumiose tower (wasting time), hatching everything (wasting steps after first egg hatches), depositing all of them and then flying back (wasting time) to the daycare to repeat the cycle? You're wasting steps in almost every step of this process.

Seil

I don't think so, because the time you spend running to the PC is still counting towards hatching the rest of your eggs. And then you walk outside and (usually) have a replacement egg waiting for you. I mean, the Lumiose method in comparison has you cycling around until you get six eggs, flying to lumiose tower (wasting time), hatching everything (wasting steps after first egg hatches), depositing all of them and then flying back (wasting time) to the daycare to repeat the cycle? You're wasting steps in almost every step of this process.

I use the hatching o-power, running in and doing box shenanigans wastes that. Flying to lumiose, using hatch power, finishing the batch and flying back works fine lol.

I often just hatched on the daycare route though, and now use battle resort in ORAS. Though I prefer lumiose to battle resort just because of the damned sand pits which often result in having to keep going a bit after the power runs out, when it would've otherwise been enough time. But that's pretty minor when accounting for the convenience of battle resort lol.

Let's do the math.

Assume a max of 5 Eggs at once
200 steps for an Egg to be available
2000 steps to hatch an Egg.

Starting from the moment you pick up the first Egg, it takes 800 steps to get 5 Eggs.

It'll take 2800 steps total to hatch all 5 Eggs.

With the dropping-off method, after 2800 steps you'll have 1 Egg at 800 steps, 1 at 600, 1 at 400, and 1 at 200.

With the Lumiose method, after 2800 steps you'll have 0 un-hatched Eggs.

Without time factored in, the dropping-off method is better. With time factored in, you have to consider how long it'll take to get those 2000 steps to hatch the last Egg.

Drop-off method: more time spent, more work, but next batch of Eggs is further along.
Lumiose method: less work, less time, more time for subsequent batches.

Is it just me, or the GTS is getting emptier? lol

Btw, less than 50 pokemons missing to complete my national dex :D

I think it depends on what you're giving/receiving. I deposit Vivillon everyday asking for Vivillon to build up the pokemiles and I get two to three trades per day.

lupinko

Should I put Head Smash on my Deino breeding project?

Right now I have Dark Pulse/Earth Power/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang.

I can drop thunder fang for head smash.

I put up a 6IV ditto for a level 60+ tyrantum male in order to do it. Lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Should I put Head Smash on my Deino breeding project?

Right now I have Dark Pulse/Earth Power/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang.

I can drop thunder fang for head smash.

I put up a 6IV ditto for a level 60+ tyrantum male in order to do it. Lol

Unless you're going for a mixed set there's no reason to.

lupinko

Unless you're going for a mixed set there's no reason to.

Oh I know, but I'm going to run multiple Hydreigons.

The elemental fangs are useless too for a special based one, but it's just to fill out the egg moves because I like them to be complete like that.

Edit: Since Dark Pulse is a TM, I think I'll forgo it in favour of Head Smash.

Seil

I wish there was a more convenient way to get rid of all these eggs.

Well. If utilizing something like powersaves and keysav, you can make a backup, get X eggs, figure out which ones you want to keep via keysav, hatch those then bank 'em and restore the backup from before getting the eggs to get rid of all the extras. Of course that's a hassle in its own right, and useless when you already have the eggs =p

lupinko

Well. If utilizing something like powersaves and keysav, you can make a backup, get X eggs, figure out which ones you want to keep via keysav, hatch those then bank 'em and restore the backup from before getting the eggs to get rid of all the extras. Of course that's a hassle in its own right, and useless when you already have the eggs =p

I just use keysav to look at what's inside the eggs. I don't want to use a backup device like that.

Since it seems the Zoroark is really UK-exclusive can somebody snag me a code? Can offer a Hoopa code in return.

Sure.

Also, for those curious, UK Zoroark has a different ID number than US Zoroark. Only hardcore collectors will care though : P

Since I'm here, if anybody has an official and uncloned Meloetta for trade, please let me know. I think it's the only mythical I'm missing.

I can offer my own spare Darkrai, Diancie, Hoopa, Shiny Xerneas/Yveltal or Sejun's Pachirisu (VGC distribution).

Is it just me, or the GTS is getting emptier? lol

Btw, less than 50 pokemons missing to complete my national dex :D
The genies are in really short supply as are the legendary birds (when I hopelessly hoarded legendaries it felt like half the ones I got were Dream radar and gen III/IV, respectively). It feels like trends change over time. On the other hand something like Virizion has a lot of easy trades for being a legendary but it is pretty accessible from mirage spots.

I remember there was a time of about 12 pages of Vivillon for Vivillon then one day it fell to about 1 page. Not checked what it is like now.

Porygon and charmander feel like they have just become a complete dump (given you have to breathe on wonder trade to end with a dozen of the latter that kills any GTS demand).

lupinko

Before I hatch to release, anyone interested in 5IV flawless naive Zorua eggs? I have some that are near 6IV too that I'm willing to get rid of. If there's any interest I'll hold instead of hatch them.

Who knows, maybe your SV will be a shiny match.

JoeM86

Oh, I completely missed this: "Additionally, Pokémon in Standard format battles will return to requiring the blue pentagon, meaning you cannot bring them into your game via the Poké Transporter. "

Blue Pentagon is back on Battle Spot as of Tuesday

lupinko

Oh, I completely missed this: "Additionally, Pokémon in Standard format battles will return to requiring the blue pentagon, meaning you cannot bring them into your game via the Poké Transporter. "

Blue Pentagon is back on Battle Spot as of Tuesday

Does that only apply to rating battles?

Top Bottom