• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Markun

Whoo, I became champ yesterday! This was my first time playing Gen 3 so everything was new and it was real fun!

I rocked this team for the Elite 4 + Champ:

VPvWRaP.png

Time for post-game stuff! I better transfer over my synchro pokemon from X and Y first though.

I wonder what will happen first, full 31 Latios or a shiny (if it is even possible, damn this shiny locking crap. I wish they at least came out and said "you can't").

Even though I already have the 8 badges i'm gonna just derp around Hoenn filling out the dex. Oh wait, does the dexnav get upgraded for national dex pokemon or is it Hoenn only?

wiibomb

Even though I already have the 8 badges i'm gonna just derp around Hoenn filling out the dex. Oh wait, does the dexnav get upgraded for national dex pokemon or is it Hoenn only?

it gets updated with even more pokemon from the national dex (haven't you wondered why in some places you can only get bronze badges?)

I wonder what will happen first, full 31 Latios or a shiny (if it is even possible, damn this shiny locking crap. I wish they at least came out and said "you can't").
There are these:
http://imgur.com/a/FsEld
http://imgur.com/vDR6aTe
But it can still be faked by trading to XY, using Powersave codes to make shiny and trading back (or just simple image editing).

Also if we assume it is has the 1/4096 rate all other shinies are said to have and there must be around a million players the report rate is rather low. Of course the Internet is a big place. All that makes me doubt it.

There are these:
http://imgur.com/a/FsEld
http://imgur.com/vDR6aTe
But it can still be faked by trading to XY, using Powersave codes to make shiny and trading back (or just simple image editing).

Also if we assume it is has the 1/4096 rate all other shinies are said to have and there must be around a million players the report rate is rather low. Of course the Internet is a big place.

Thank you, I'll keep trying here, if anything happens I'll let you guys know. I already have a Latias shiny, so a Latios would be awesome.
(Watch me get a shiny with 31/0/31/0/31/0)

EDIT: Just got a 29/2/31/31/31/31 Latios. Will keep trying for a shiny, though.

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
IT HAPPENED

thfydh8egnt8he5esoz8.gif

SHITTY STATS, BUT IT HAPPENED! (x/31/x/31/x/31, Timid, totally a glass canon.)

100% legit guys, I'm really serious. You can put the shiny locked theory on Lati@s to rest, they aren't. Of course, you can also not trust me, but I wouldn't risk to tarnish my reputation here by lying.

Grats dude!

Thanks!

Why Timid and not Modest? Or maybe I am thinking wrong with Latios, since I always do Modest Latias.

Hit first, Modest will hit harder but I've used the Draco Meteor approach some times in the past, so I'll hit hard, and fast, then leave (or die, probably).

Congrats!

Now someone go find out if Groudon/Kyogre are shiny locked.

Thanks, I'll try Groudon, but I just emptied my luck here I guess.

Congrats on that shiny Latios!

Thanks!

Vena

Hit first, Modest will hit harder but I've used the Draco Meteor approach some times in the past, so I'll hit hard, and fast, then leave (or die, probably).

I guess that would work for Latios since he's definitely glassier. Latias I've found to have a good enough defense to go with the hard hitting Modest.

Vena

Yeah, with Latias I've done the Calm/Tank approach and the bulky attacker with Modest.

I think Smogon runs them all Timid though, lol, so obviously its a good Nature either way. :p

Then again, I'm here running a Mega Gallade with Impish intentionally... >.>

fek

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
IT HAPPENED

SHITTY STATS, BUT IT HAPPENED! (x/31/x/31/x/31, Timid, totally a glass canon.)

100% legit guys, I'm really serious. You can put the shiny locked theory on Lati@s to rest, they aren't. Of course, you can also not trust me, but I wouldn't risk to tarnish my reputation here by lying.
Very nice, good job

just SRd this Deoxys
194/295/109/229/109/259 Adamant

keep or reset?

Its speed is pretty bad so that's a toss I would say. For an offensive Deoxys there's really only the offenses and speed to worry about. I myself settled for a 28/31/11/31/30/31 Naive Deoxys and that high HP and special defense were completely by luck, this was just the first x/31/x/31/x/31 spread I got.

As a side note, I recommend to everyone that is not doing so yet to use Pokemon Showdown for their IV checking needs.

I think Smogon runs them all Timid though, lol, so obviously its a good Nature either way. :p

Then again, I'm here running a Mega Gallade with Impish intentionally... >.>

Haha, after Smogon burned me a couple of times I started to trust myself a little more. I'm still mad/salty after getting some shinies with good IV's and then they changed the "best" nature.

@all

Thanks guys, I got very lucky on this one. Couldn't believe when I saw it and tried the IV checker.

Mush

Time for a progress report. I haven't played as much as I would have liked to but oh well.

Current Location: Route 113

Combusken Lv. 28
Lombre Lv. 25
Electrike Lv. 25
Sableye Lv. 25

Going to add my 5th team member (Swablu/Altaria, my favourite Poke) when I get to Route 114. I'm unsure about adding a 6th as I can't decide on something plus I usually keep that slot open for my HM slave (in this case, Zigzagoon/Linoone).

Lombre is very weak atm with his limited movepool, so I'd like to know when I will be able to obtain a Water Stone and TMs like Energy Ball and Ice Beam so I can buff him up a tad (you can put it in spoiler tags if you like).

Wichu

Just 10 Pokémon left to finish up my living Pokédex. Almost there!

EDIT: Oops, was meant to put this in the X/Y thread. Though I'm keeping it in Bank, so it's no less relevant. I'll have a complete National Dex immediately :p

Vena

Haha, after Smogon burned me a couple of times I started to trust myself a little more. I'm still mad/salty after getting some shinies with good IV's and then they changed the "best" nature.

Smogon is a general rule of thumb for me, more than anything, since the team compositions can alter the basic builds they provide. Its usually the best builds for some generic load-out but if you tweak the team-comp, you end up with some freedom to change the specs.

I'm still running their standard spec Gardevoir since the build is too good too pass up, but I tweaked their Mega Gallade since I prefer him tankier and his stats for offense and coverage are already so high that he can OHKO most shit, or 2HKO the rest and this way he won't get OHKO by a Brave Bird lol.

I still await the day where Golem becomes a usable Pokemon lol. (Why did Jolteon fall out of OU anyway? Did the spider take its place?)

I think it depends on the set for Groudon. I think I prefer the added power for Groudon so I'd personally go for Adamant.

I'm not familiar enough with Ubers (really tried it like once in early B/W lol), what does Jolly Groudon outspeed?

Smogon is a general rule of thumb for me, more than anything, since the team compositions can alter the basic builds they provide. Its usually the best builds for some generic load-out but if you tweak the team-comp, you end up with some freedom to change the specs.

I'm still running their standard spec Gardevoir since the build is too good too pass up, but I tweaked their Mega Gallade since I prefer him tankier and his stats for offense and coverage are already so high that he can OHKO most shit, or 2HKO the rest and this way he won't get OHKO by a Brave Bird lol.

I still await the day where Golem becomes a usable Pokemon lol. (Why did Jolteon fall out of OU anyway? Did the spider take its place?)

I'll patiently wait until the day Quagsire rises from the ashes mud and start his reign of terror. And I don't have the answers for the last questions, sorry. I'll try to see if I find something here about it.

How do you figure them with this? I'm new to determining the whole thing but I always get "possible IVs" which are like 21-26 or 26-31

At lower levels you'll always get a range out of these calculators. To check for 31's and 0's you can use the IV Judge in the Battle Resort. For the other stats you will have to level the pokemon. You often can narrow down the range for a stat by checking every so many levels and seeing how the results evolve. For example, the calculator may say 25-28 for a stat at acertain level but say 24-26 at a later level for the same stat. From this you can deduce that the stat is either 25 or 26. If you level by battle be sure to take the gained EV's into account.

Panzon

Im finding a bunch of secret bases even though I havent messed with it at all since its introduction in the campiagn. Are these just random passerbys or what?

Top Bottom