• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

gosox333

Oh my God the Fortree theme sounds straight out of Animal Crossing. Soooo good.

Honestly the first track that's floored me so far. Maybe the rival battle and 113 too. The soundtrack seems to be playing it pretty safe.

DNAbro

8th gym down! Finally activated experience share as I was feeling really under leveled. Also found and caught mespirit after 25+ ultra balls, 10 premier balls, and 14 great balls. Caught it with last great.

Why did they give Lugia such low PP moves? I feel bad for the guy who gets it shiny and uses hold back only for it to struggle itself to death.

backlot

Seriously? Awesome! How do you do that? And do they have the "wait a day until you can start farming flags" thing that QR Codes do?

My buzznav has been updating periodically with new bases I can steal flags from right away. I also invited someone to my base and when I talked to her there she gave me 3 flags. Seems like you could assemble a crew to give you a bunch of flags every day just by talking to them.

Seriously? Awesome! How do you do that? And do they have the "wait a day until you can start farming flags" thing that QR Codes do?

Just update buzznav. So whenever the buzznav wants an update it'll all update (Mirage Spots, secret bases, etc). And as far as I know there's no 1 day wait. Only thing about passerby bases is that they aren't permanent and can get changed in the next wave of updates and you have no clue who or whats inside. Probably why I like secret bases right now it's a pure surprise looking around for other people's bases and fighting the teams.

Wanace

You can get a flag from each base once a day. So theoretically if you have 30 bases and you farm them each 1 time a day it'll only take you 34 days to get 1000 flags. Only. LOL.

Just three days until I get this.

Three painful days. I'm resisting planning out a team because it's more fun to just build your team along the way but it's hard. :(

Just update buzznav. So whenever the buzznav wants an update it'll all update (Mirage Spots, secret bases, etc). And as far as I know there's no 1 day wait. Only thing about passerby bases is that they aren't permanent and can get changed in the next wave of updates and you have no clue who or whats inside. Probably why I like secret bases right now it's a pure surprise looking around for other people's bases and fighting the teams.
So it's like streetpassing but over the internet?

So. Awesome.

JoeM86

Garchomptite can be done in two to three weeks. You gotta scan a lot of QR codes though.

You can only have a finite amount, and the flags don't activate until the following day

My buzznav has been updating periodically with new bases I can steal flags from right away. I also invited someone to my base and when I talked to her there she gave me 3 flags. Seems like you could assemble a crew to give you a bunch of flags every day just by talking to them.

Yeah, if you have someone as your Secret Pal and they have you as theirs, then you get flags.

BuzzNav updates have an 8 hour cool-down period if you're doing it online. You won't get any more news from passersby within 8 hours of last doing it

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn, I'm tempted to buy this, but I don't wanna have to juggle Smash, Pokemon, and my DBZ marathon right now with all the hours I gotta work.

The new features like DexNav seem really fun.

You can only have a finite amount, and the flags don't activate until the following day

Yeah, if you have someone as your Secret Pal and they have you as theirs, then you get flags.

BuzzNav updates have an 8 hour cool-down period if you're doing it online. You won't get any more news from passersby within 8 hours of last doing it
Oh? What's the max amount of QR code bases you can have? I know there's a limit on favorites but didn't know about that limit.

JoeM86

So, just got made aware of this easter egg

Take your shiny Beldum to Mossdeep Space Center during the Delta Episode and speak to Steven. He will say:
"Hm... You know, seeing that white beauty there that you travel with... I’m reminded of the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza, said to descend at the Sky Pillar. I once had the chance to see it face to face. Although, it was a long time ago now... The young man who battled against Rayquaza beside me... I wonder whatever happened to him and that black Charizard of his..."

This is referencing the recent anime special that aired in Japan featuring Steven, his shiny Metagross, Mega Rayquaza and Alain & his Mega Charizard X

Oh? What's the max amount of QR code bases you can have? I know there's a limit on favorites but didn't know about that limit.

30 total bases. When you scan a QR code, it automatically adds them to your favourites too, which is 15

Cerity

Thought this was a nice touch;

Walking into the pokemon centre on your birthday (set on the console), walked in, had a little heart attack because I thought the game froze. Then all of the streamers/poppers appeared and a birthday cake appeared on the centre's screen. The birthday theme sounds more like a lullaby though...

30 total bases. When you scan a QR code, it automatically adds them to your favourites too, which is 15
Oh okay, thanks.

Guess you'll have to rotate in fresh bases on a regular basis vai Streetpass/BuzzNav if you don't want Platinum to take a whole month, then.

emb

Walking into the pokemon centre on your birthday (set on the console), walked in, had a little heart attack because I thought the game froze. Then all of the streamers/poppers appeared and a birthday cake appeared on the centre's screen. The birthday theme sounds more like a lullaby though...
Happy birthday!
?

I would have never found this out, since I probably won't be playing this much in like... 10-11 months.

backlot

Same thing happened to me in XY a few months ago! Pretty great.

think ill save getting garchompnite on a 2nd or third playthrough then
cant be assed to get 1k flags then just do it all over again
not as fast to beat the game as Y

Chiramii

Thankfully, the game showed up in my mailbox 3 days before EU release! Another sleepless night ahead, and I'm gonna love it.

So, just got made aware of this easter egg

Take your shiny Beldum to Mossdeep Space Center during the Delta Episode and speak to Steven. He will say:
"Hm... You know, seeing that white beauty there that you travel with... I’m reminded of the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza, said to descend at the Sky Pillar. I once had the chance to see it face to face. Although, it was a long time ago now... The young man who battled against Rayquaza beside me... I wonder whatever happened to him and that black Charizard of his..."

This is referencing the recent anime special that aired in Japan featuring Steven, his shiny Metagross, Mega Rayquaza and Alain & his Mega Charizard X
Neat! I think it's cool when the games make reference to the anime.

Omzz

ok i have no idea where to go from mauville city.

i rescued the professor dude and went back with may to mauville, then she says how team magma were going to mt chimney or something. but how am i supposed to get there?

i rescued the professor dude and went back with may to mauville, then she says how team magma were going to mt chimney or something. but how am i supposed to get there?
Go up, back where the cave is.

L95

Take the cable car near fiery path that was previously blocked by the team members.

Woke up to this:
20141125_135901zturo.jpg
I'm naming my firstborn "Homepass"

Top Bottom