• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, the cry is kinda fun.

Also can someone explain to me how the mirage islands work? I have the mirage mountain now but is there only meant to have one patch of grass to capture Pokémon?

Kouriozan

My copy was dispatched with the Smash adapter bundle.
I'm ready to dive into Hoenn tomorrow.

Getting it a week later still hurt though.

JoeM86

Yeah, the cry is kinda fun.

Also can someone explain to me how the mirage islands work? I have the mirage mountain now but is there only meant to have one patch of grass to capture Pokémon?

Pretty much, yeah. They are small islands, change daily, can get more through StreetPass/Online. Each has between 2 and 4 Pokémon, a standard item and a hidden item if the island is the one indigenous to your game.

Most of the Pokémon on the islands can only be found on the islands

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, alright, guess I pretty much got it then.

Got cofagrigus from it though which I'm super psyched about. Missed that fella.

Impala26

it's obviously fake, but I honestly find it bizarre this got you so riled up. just get a 6 IV ditto and then breed. It doesn't take much longer than editting a pokemon anyway.

Is the trade cloning glitch still at thing in ORAS? If not, is it still possible in X&Y or has it been patched?

Moltenix

Just got the game yesterday. Any easy ways to get high IV Pokemon in this game like the Friend Safari from XY? Ditto in particular.

Muku

The Navs are great, actually. DexNav is a great distraction and the AreaNav is the absolute best map the series has ever had (you can track almost everything and even fly from it). BuzzNav doesn't do much except open up your StreetPasses, thought. I only wish that all the XY bottom screen had separate tabs like the rest instead of transforming the bottom screen to the XY one and making it harder quickly switch back directly to Area or Dex from.

I decided to set up HomePass again (I last did it for Bravely Default villagers) to try to get an Eon Ticket and get islands so I can have more shots at the last few TMs that are only available on Mirage Islands/Caves. I've only gotten Secret Bases so far, though.

I don't find them all that good to get excited about. But then again, having completed the dex, finally, in X/Y I don't feel like I need to track anything really. So perhaps due to that it's not as impressive as I might once thought it was. Agreed, I feel like the extra step to get to the XY features is a little too much. I liked being able to tab through them before. Though BuzzNav, despite feeling like an extra worthless step, will be what you'll have to go through for the Eon Ticket should you get it via Streetpassing. Will see how that works exactly when I Streetpass myself one.

I'm not far at all. Spent time leveling all my Pokemon to 10 before even getting to in-game Dad's town. Accidentally got Mew to 11 so he's being a real jerk right now. Right now spending time trying to raise my Pokemon's affection. Was hoping to get Umbreon tonight, but can't wait forever for that bugger. I want those nice perks vs computer with them being at max. I loved it in XY when I found out about it, haha.

Just got the game yesterday. Any easy ways to get high IV Pokemon in this game like the Friend Safari from XY? Ditto in particular.

Apparently the AreaDex or whatever it's called will give you Pokemon with several perfect IVs one you level it a few times.

Are all legendaries encountered during the story (however many that is) refindable post game? I'm Nuzlocking until I beat the Elite 4 and do not look forward to trying to catch a legendary with such a ridiculously suboptimal team.

Wanace

I received the official game guide today from Amazon.

Pretty hefty! Inside is a flyer for the paper version of the pokedex, being released in March 2015 apparently.

Also seems Destiny Knot is only available randomly from a pokemon with the Pick Up ability. :-/

Dex nav 3* potential=3 perfect IVs.

Ditto can only be found in Mirage Cave and Mirage Island though. You'll have at least one Mirage spot to check each day.

emb

I think I'm gonna go through the game just with grass Pokemon, since I started with Treecko. I have him, and I just grabbed Breloom. And I know later I'll be able to grab Ludicolo (awesome, plus he'll cover surf etc.) I remember Tropius is later, hopefully he can make a solid HM slave. Should be pretty straightforward, but it's fun to play with a twist (without making things crazy difficult.)

Now if I can just set aside some time to put more than an hour into it at once lol.

Grexeno

I think I'm gonna go through the game just with grass Pokemon, since I started with Treecko. I have him, and I just grabbed Breloom. And I know later I'll be able to grab Ludicolo (awesome, plus he'll cover surf etc.) I remember Tropius is later, hopefully he can make a solid HM slave. Should be pretty straightforward, but it's fun to play with a twist (without making things crazy difficult.)
Glacia is licking her chops with anticipation, lol.

Kinsei

Banned

Now if I can just set aside some time to put more than an hour into it at once lol.

Sonds like it would be fun. Any idea who your last 2 members are gonna be?

Kinokou

I just realized something, I can trade with ORAS people from XY right?

Would anyone be willing to find me an adaptability Skrelp on omega ruby pretty please?

He's left with Roserade, Vileplume, Bellossom, Cacturne... Yeah good luck.

Roserade's good, just hampered by you are stuck with a Roselia for most of the game due to Roserade not having any level up moves

Vileplume's bulky

Bellossom's adorable

He can also use a Cradily, that'll be a neat addition.

What is the fastest way to get money in the game atm? Haven't dug around on the topic yet but wondering if anyone knows?
Beat up Gentleman Walter on Route 123 for 20K w/ Amulet Coin, then beat up Lady Cindy on Route 104 (North) for a little over 11K, and then go beat up Rich Boy Winston on the south part of that route for another 11.5K. Then Gentleman Walter should be ready for you to beat him up again to repeat the cycle. You get roughly 43K each cycle with the Amulet Coin.

Alternatively, beat up the E4 over and over.

Beat up Gentleman Walter on Route 123 for 20K w/ Amulet Coin, then beat up Lady Cindy on Route 104 (North) for a little over 11K, and then go beat up Rich Boy Winston on the south part of that route for another 11.5K. Then Gentleman Walter should be ready for you to beat him up again to repeat the cycle. You get roughly 43K each cycle with the Amulet Coin.

Alternatively, beat up the E4 over and over.

Winston is my b&*#! since I started the game.

"Damn, I need more Repels. Winston, care to join me for a battle?"

JoeM86

serebiicode.jpg

Just got Silver Rank :D

emb

Sounds like it would be fun. Any idea who your last 2 members are gonna be?
Not sure. I think Cacturne is available in both versions, so probably that... and then I dunno what else is out there. I assume I'll run into something else from one of the older games.
Edit:
Oh,
He's left with Roserade, Vileplume, Bellossom, Cacturne... Yeah good luck.
Roserade's good, just hampered by you are stuck with a Roselia for most of the game due to Roserade not having any level up moves

Vileplume's bulky

Bellossom's adorable

He can also use a Cradily, that'll be a neat addition.
Hmmm.... actually interesting choices. I like pretty much all of 'em. I'm thinking 'Plume and Cacturne. Never used either, but I think I did have a Cradily in one of the other games. Though the latter is probably the most interesting of the bunch.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
One of the NPCs mentions that "10 years ago there used to be a second floor here in the pokemon center and a place called link cable room"

Man I love these little details
That was a fantastic little detail indeed. It's funny to remember that wi-fi didn't always exist :p

Renta

Banned
Quick question. Is there someone in-game that buys nuggets for a high value, or should I just sell them in pokemarts?

Seems not. I have around 30 and old ones are being removed to add new ones whenever I go online now.

Perhaps 25 + the player's. That would mean ~40 days of flag collecting for the mega stone. Not actually too awful, but I say this as a chronic MMO addict.

ill prob SR for a perfect 6IV adamant Rayquaza when i play the game a 2nd time
not until i capture everyone i can though barring legendarys(maybe)
just got a 6IV Lugia in GTS though

I'm still at the second gym. The beginning of Pokemon games are always a slog for me, don't know why. Once I hit the 4th or 5th gym though, things usually take off. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

I feel the same way. I think its because we get access to surf, fly, etc and the world usually opens up by this point that we have more options to train and find new pokemon.

ill prob SR for a perfect 6IV adamant Rayquaza when i play the game a 2nd time
not until i capture everyone i can though barring legendarys(maybe)
just got a 6IV Lugia in GTS though
Good luck as it is a 1/32768 chance and that is assuming synchronise works 100% of the time. We can get it to down to 1/4096 by settling for 30 or 31 in a stat.

Top Bottom