• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

macklelol

Holy shit, I just had the worst battle against macklelol. My Gardevoir simply got obliterated. God damn

Gardevoir is not exactly a safe switch-in to Azumarill, lol. Once I got that miraculous Trick Room up, it was pretty much time to wrap it up.

And thanks for the Swinub!

MicH

Thanks for the Hippopotas.. and it's in a luxury ball! I LOVE getting female Pokemon in luxury balls <3 Saves me a lot of time

Gardevoir is not exactly a safe switch-in to Azumarill, lol. Once I got that miraculous Trick Room up, it was pretty much time to wrap it up.

And thanks for the Swinub!
Yeah, Trick Room is the worst that can happen to me. And I had nothing for that Azumarill, lol. I should have switched in Scizor instead

rac

Banned
Thanks for the Hippopotas.. and it's in a luxury ball! I LOVE getting female Pokemon in luxury balls <3 Saves me a lot of time

Haha, gaf made me want to breed pokemon in different pokeballs. I still like the look of the normal one though so it doesn't bother me when I trade with someone that doesn't care about all that stuff.
Also thanks for the swinub.

MicH

Not sure what to MM next. Beldum, Bagon, Tyrunt or Azumarill

Thank god for these foreign Pokemon. Got a Japanese 4 IV Magikarp, Froakie and Mawile. All male. THE OPPORTUNITIES ARE ENDLESS

Those three gives me access to SO many egg groups! Field, Fairy, Water 1, Water 2, Dragon

MY GOD

CrimsonN0

Ended up being disconnected from a fight.
I was probably going to lose too.

Forretress vs Greninja with us both switching out.
My Volcarona, and Galvantula got killed by CharizardY.
My Shuckle managed to Toxic stall it to its death only to be killed by Metagross.
Scizor managed to weaken it, but was taken out.
MegaHeracross finished it and I switched to Forretress who got Thunder Waved by Jolteon.
Forretress probably could have Exploded and killed it especially after being Swaggered, but disconnect.

I wonder how long MegaHeracross could have lasted against 3 other pokemon.

Tirod

Thanks!

I think you're the first person to check my profile for my FC instead of asking first haha

dat efficiency

Time saved = more breeding time.

Especially when I'm running on fumes after a long day lol.

Sorry for the initial no, it showed you as a passerby initially and now as just an acquaintance. Figured it was you on the second prompt.

Thanks for the egg move ready Tyrunt!

Thank god for these foreign Pokemon. Got a Japanese 4 IV Magikarp, Froakie and Mawile. All male. THE OPPORTUNITIES ARE ENDLESS

Those three gives me access to SO many egg groups! Field, Fairy, Water 1, Water 2, Dragon

MY GOD
Shiny Metagross is extremely great looking, so I'd say go for that! I wish I had your luck at Wonder Trading...

MicH

Shiny Metagross is extremely great looking, so I'd say go for that! I wish I had your luck at Wonder Trading...
Shiny Metagross is AMAZING. The only thing holding me back is my shitty 3 IV Ditto. I need to hunt some more and get a 4 IV one. It would suck so bad to get a shiny Beldum only for it to suck IV wise.

And yeah, I've had some great luck with Wonder Trading. Sometimes you're lucky to get a few gems in between all that crap

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

MY GOD
Beldum please.

Hobobloke

I may have made a huge mistake and accidentally traded away my destiny knot. Is it as bad as I think or is there some way to find another?

Forkball

Oh god we're over here now.

Thinking about training a Tyranitar. I kind of want to go Assault Vest on him since Mega Venusaur is one I really like. Can anyone sell me on Mega Tyranitar?

I may have made a huge mistake and accidentally traded away my destiny knot. Is it as bad as I think or is there some way to find another?

There's a trainer called Beauty Aimee in Lumiose City who you can challenge occasionally. After you defeat her, she gives you a Destiny Knot.

Natiko

Banned
CINCCINO DA GOD! Just came in as my last Pokemon, finished off Wash Rotom who had a majority of his health left and then killed Dragonite without even taking a hit <3

CrimsonN0

Actually have managed to get a number of shinies this gen after only getting a Macargo in Platinum(or the Gyarados from Silver/Heart Gold).

A shiny Venipede near the beginning of the game.
Shiny Pinsir and Gabite in the Safari.
Hatched a Cacnea on my way of breeding Teeter Dance on an Oddish.
And just now got a Gligar in a Horde.

Shiny Metagross is AMAZING. The only thing holding me back is my shitty 3 IV Ditto. I need to hunt some more and get a 4 IV one. It would suck so bad to get a shiny Beldum only for it to suck IV wise.

And yeah, I've had some great luck with Wonder Trading. Sometimes you're lucky to get a few gems in between all that crap
Yeah. With something that great, you want it to have good stats as well. That's part of the reason I hate breeding genderless Pokémon. (And no Luxury Ball)

Yeah, I remember like a week ago I was WT a ton of extra Fox babies and someone from JPN sent me a Frog. looked at it can noticed that it had the HA ... and that it was level 26?
"WTF is this?!?" I thought before leaving it in the box.

The other day I was cleaning out my stuff and getting IVs checked. Turns out it had 31 in everything but Sp-Attack I think. Seems it was his/ her breeding stud.

Gonna use it to MM in the future! >:]

Neiteio

I only use Sableye and Carbink in this battle against a Japanese player using Garchomp, Talonflame and Mega Kangakshan, and that's all I need to win -- both Sableye and Carbink claim victims, and he taps out without ever seeing my third Pokémon:

RECG-WWWW-WWW2-RHHG

Super fun how that worked out. :)

I wasted a lot of time and worry into making sure I hit 252 EVs in horde training only to learn today that they now cap at 252 instead of 255...

Oh man, so did I. Five battles with pokerus and power item, then unequip the item, do another horde battle and kill just one pokemon. It got even more ridiculous when I just wanted to spent 176 EVs or something like that.

Neiteio

I only use Sableye and Carbink in this battle against a Japanese player using Garchomp, Talonflame and Mega Kangakshan, and that's all I need to win -- both Sableye and Carbink claim victims, and he taps out without ever seeing my third Pokémon:

RECG-WWWW-WWW2-RHHG

Super fun how that worked out. :)
And another one, this time against Tyranitar, Talonflame and Heracross:

RNLW-WWWW-WWW2-RY42

Fury Sense

LL1jpDB.png

There there Lucario. You don't have to stand on that ledge anymore.

Hobobloke

There's a trainer called Beauty Aimee in Lumiose City who you can challenge occasionally. After you defeat her, she gives you a Destiny Knot.

Thanks, couldn't find her where she's meant to be but will check back later and hunt through the rest of Lumiose

I'll gladly take one.

Have :
4 IV Adamant [Gale Wings] Fletchling
4 IV Adamant [Huge Power] Marill w/ Aqua Jet and Belly Drum
4 IV Bold [Non-HA]
male
Eevee w/ Wish

Just noticed this, got any fletchlings left? Was just about to try and start breeding some myself.

Top Bottom