• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tirod

Just noticed this, got any fletchlings left? Was just about to try and start breeding some myself.

If you are still up I can send one your way. If not I'll send you a PM to set up a trade in the future, I still need to send a Marill to someone I promised a few days ago.

Hobobloke

If you ahes stiaimedsend one I) our way. If not I'll send you a PM to sebea trade in the future, I still need to send a Marill to someone I promised a few days ago.

I'm still around, FC is 5000-3095-3114.

Still can't find beauty aimee, very frustrating. If anyone has a spare destiny knot let me know, really wanna get back to breeding.

Tirod

Cheers man.

Hopefully the fact it's female helps you on your breeding journey
torment
and sorry it's in a quick ball if you care about that. I know some people have a weird custom Pokeball fetish. :p

I got my Gale Wing from a Wonder Trade (JP) and it was female with quick ball, so I just rolled with it.

Hobobloke

Hopefully the fact it's female helps you on your breeding journey
torment
and sorry it's in a quick ball if you care about that. I know some people have a weird custom Pokeball fetish. :p

I got my Gale Wing from a Wonder Trade (JP) and it was female with quick ball, so I just rolled with it.

Yeah thanks for that, was pleasantly surprised when I saw the gender. Not fussed about pokeballs, I appreciate them all.

Does time of day matter when encountering Pokemon in this game? I've been looking for a Hoppip on Route 7 all night, and I just can't seem to stumble upon any. Every site I've looked at says they're at route 7, but have an "N/A" for rarity :/

EDIT: Of course, 2 minutes after posting this I finally run into a horde of them...Nevermind!

spiritfox

Does time of day matter when encountering Pokemon in this game? I've been looking for a Hoppip on Route 7 all night, and I just can't seem to stumble upon any. Every site I've looked at says they're at route 7, but have an "N/A" for rarity :/

Try using a Sweet Scent Pokemon. They are in hordes, not sure if it's only in hordes.

Tirael

I've got most of what I need for a good start as far as breeding goes. I just need one more thing, if possible.

Does anyone have any Brave Honedges with decent IVs left over from breeding? (With 0 in Speed, of course.) PM me, please.

Alright, I suppose I'm gonna MM a shiny Metagross :eek:
Now to find a good Ditto

Oh man, that gold and silver bling.

Could anyone help me out getting started a few breeding projects? I don't have a lot of time to play lately so these would help me cut a lot of time out of the early stages. I dont have any friend safari people with these pokemon.

In particular looking for.

protean froakie
klefki
marill
honedge

not looking for 5 perfect ivs or anything but a couple would be awesome.

Tirael

Could anyone help me out getting started a few breeding projects? I don't have a lot of time to play lately so these would help me cut a lot of time out of the early stages. I dont have any friend safari people with these pokemon.

protean froakie
klefki
marill
honedge

I'm not that far in breeding, but I've got a couple extra Protean Froakies to get you started. They're only 2 or 3 IVs at most though.

Tirael
2552-1098-4530

Tenck

protean froakie
klefki
marill
honedge

You looking for any particular nature? I've got Klefki, Marill, and Honedge I believe.

Edit: Anyone have a Sableye with Prankster?

Talonflame used Brave Bird!
Greninja fainted!
Communication with the other trainer has been interrupted.

I checked my profile just now and I did get the win so... XD Not my fault he isn't aware of Talonflame's awesomeness.

Speaking of which, did you guys know that a good Talonflame check is Talonflame? You give it Rocky Helmet, make it bulky, and give it WoW/Roost/Brave Bird/Other. That thing owned my offensive Talonflame QQ

Growlie19

95 Furfrou hatched and all of them have white coats. This is officially my longest Masuda Method ever, since my only other one took 87 eggs (don't worry, Arcanine, you'll be transferred soon).

Tirael

Sure thing. Breeding two Brave Honedge right now.

They'll have like one or two perfect IVs though. If you want I can try to get some decent ones with 3-4 IVs.
Oh fantastic. Anything will help since Honedge is not in FS. Please PM me and let me know when/if you get some good spares.

95 Furfrou hatched and all of them have white coats. This is officially my longest Masuda Method ever, since my only other one took 87 eggs (don't worry, Arcanine, you'll be transferred soon).
If Masuda Method is 1/1024 then 100 eggs only gives you a 9.x% chance of 1 or more shiny.

Growlie19

If Masuda Method is 1/1024 then 100 eggs only gives you a 9.x% chance of 1 or more shiny.

Wow! You're sure those are the odds of a MM'd shiny in XY? I mean I know they doubled the odds of a random encounter shiny to 1/4096, but doubling the Masuda odds, too? Man, assuming the shiny charm still exists, so many people will own a non-Gyarados, Haxorus, Garchomp, and Dragonite shiny.

MicH

Wow! You're sure those are the odds of a MM'd shiny in XY? I mean I know they doubled the odds of a random encounter shiny to 1/4096, but doubling the Masuda odds, too? Man, assuming the shiny charm still exists, so many people will own a non-Gyarados, Haxorus, Garchomp, and Dragonite shiny.
Yeah, I got my shiny Ralts in less than 200 eggs

I have some if you still need one.

Anyway, on to breeding... AGAIN! Please let me get the shiny today.
I'm starting breeding Beldums now. Let's see who gets their shiny first :p

Yeah, I got my shiny Ralts in less than 200 eggs
I got my shiny Honedge and Phantump around the 200 mark as well. This stupid Sableye is taking twice that many though... >_>

Please ignore the massive amount of salt in my posts. Sableye is ticking me off with it's stupid purple body, and it's dumb white crystal eyes, and it's freaking red chest gem...

I'm starting breeding Beldums now. Let's see who gets their shiny first :p
It. Is. On!

Fireblend

Banned
Will the Masuda method work for me with US 'mons if I'm in Costa Rica? Or does it have to be Japan/Germany mons or something like that?

Meowstic and Mega Pinsir dominating in the Battle Spot. Once Pinsir Swords Dances it's all over.

Next breeding project is Noivern I think. I don't have a single special attacker with perfect IVs.

MicH

Oh dear, these Beldums take forever to hatch. A whole Hatching O-Power lvl 3 and only one hatched.

Will the Masuda method work for me with US 'mons if I'm in Costa Rica? Or does it have to be Japan/Germany mons or something like that?
It's based on language. So an English Pokemon bred with a German (for example) is using the Masuda Method

ugoo18

Question about horde training, my pokemon has pokerus and is holding the macho brace.

Does that mean for gulpin hordes for example it will gain 20EV's per battle?

Pokerus doubling the 5EV's it would normally get and Macho Brace doubling the recently doubled EV's making it 20 in total?

Busaiku

Quick questions...

If I trade a Pokemon and get it back, will it still recognize me as the OT?
Also will Affection/Friendship be reset?

Ultimadrago

Oh dear, these Beldums take forever to hatch. A whole Hatching O-Power lvl 3 and only one hatched.

Yeah, I was afraid about that when I did Masuda for Beldum. Was truly hoping it wouldn't take too long because of those vanilla 10k steps per egg!

MicH

Quick questions...

If I trade a Pokemon and get it back, will it still recognize me as the OT?
Also will Affection/Friendship be reset?
It recognizes you (Welcome back, x). Friendship is reset, not sure about affection (I believe it is too, though)

Muahahaha!!!
Sorry man. You can mooch off of my Hatching Power.
I love mooching!

Yeah, I was afraid about that when I did Masuda for Beldum. Was truly hoping it wouldn't take too long because of those vanilla 10k steps per egg!
Which parents did you use?

Question about horde training, my pokemon has pokerus and is holding the macho brace.

Does that mean for gulpin hordes for example it will gain 20EV's per battle?

Pokerus doubling the 5EV's it would normally get and Macho Brace doubling the recently doubled EV's making it 20 in total?
Yep when you can get battle mansion Power items for 50 total instead :)

Will O Wisp got buffed to 85%, why not Sleep Powder.
If anything Sleep powder got nerfed with grass type immunity. I imagine it is due to sleep being a stronger status than burn in terms of stopping opponents.

Busaiku

Ok thanks.
Another thing though...

If a Pokemon is obtained and hatched in someone else's game, but both parents come from your game (you give the "someone else" both parents), that counts as the OT/Language as the person that obtained/hatched the egg, right?

ugoo18

Yep when you can get battle mansion Power items for 50 total instead :)

If anything Sleep powder got nerfed with grass type immunity. I imagine it is due to sleep being a stronger status than burn in terms of stopping opponents.

I've got access to the maison now.

Could you please explain the item set out when using power items as well.

Would i need to give the battling pokemon the macho brace then and the pokemon being EV trained the power item?

Also stupid question but im paranoid about this lol, the negative effects are only while holding the item right, once i take off the item any stat decreases for the power items and macho brace go back to normal right?

Top Bottom