• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Man, they need an ability to color the markings everyone uses for IVs or something. I'm breeding TR mareep, but now 31 speed has made its way into the pool and I have no way of marking the difference, even though I want to! (I also frustratingly ended up with my first literally perfect 6 31 IV pokemon here... and I need a zero instead, haha)!

Also, the breeding guy just creeped me out. I accidentally said I didn't want an egg, which apparently prompts him to say "I will take it and never give it back" and the prompt "you do really want it, don't you?"
Seriously, that would be amazing. I'd love to keep track of the IVs with 0 as well as the ones with 31.

Boogiepop

Yeah I just mark speed as perfect if it's 0 for Pokemon that should have 0 IVs in speed (my Relaxed Phantumps for example)

That's what I've been doing as well, but now I'm in the (admittedly kind of rare) situation where I'm getting both 31s and 0s in speed, and I'd really like to mark both. Plus it'd make everything cleaner if I could see immediately if something was a 31 or a 0 instead of having to use the same mark, haha.

I have a Japanese one with Def, Sp.A, and Sp.D. I also have an American one with Sp.A, Sp.D, and Spe.

The American one sounds great, thanks! Are you looking for anything particular in return? I have Ditto with HP/Attack/Speed and HP/Attack/Defense among others if you're interested.

Sure got a Relaxed 31/x/x/31/31/x I can lend you.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going to go with Hydra's since the thing I'm breeding needs both of the other two IVs on the American one. I'll defer to you for my breeding needs in the future, though! :)

The American one sounds great, thanks! Are you looking for anything particular in return? I have Ditto with HP/Attack/Speed and HP/Attack/Defense among others if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going to go with Hydra's since the thing I'm breeding needs both of the other two IVs on the American one. I'll defer to you for my breeding needs in the future, though! :)
The HP, Atk, and Spe one sounds good. You can either keep my Ditto, or trade back for yours when you're done.

I don't think we're friends yet... 1032-1396-6786.

Inotti

Anyone got a Froakie/Frogadier FS? I tried PMing some guys from the FS thread, but they've not gotten back to me yet :p

I think I have some protean froakie breeding rejects left and can catch you a female protean frogadier in a ball of your choise. :) I hope it helps!

Usobuko

Banned
So what's the best pokemon people got for GTS?

I got a modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 larvesta simply by trading an Ivysaur ( any level, any gender, no description ) to a korean user.

DaBoss

Gonna try and explain it the best way I can.

Every trainer has a set 'Trainer Shiny Value'.
Every Pokemon has a 'Shiny Value'.

If those 2 values match, then the Pokemon will hatch as a shiny.

Firestorm's friend made an application you can use to check the hidden info of the Pokemon (Egg) such as IVs, ability, nature, and the Shiny Value of the Pokemon.

This means you can find out IVs before hatching the egg, and you can find someone who has the same 'Trainer Shiny Value' and get them to hatch the egg and it will be a shiny.

----------------------------
And there is some good news for those who can't get it working, you don't need to. You just need to go into a trade with someone who does have it working and show a Pokemon. The information will show up and they'll be able to tell you your 'Trainer Shiny Value' and the Pokemon (Egg's) Shiny Value.

Fury Sense

Sure

A pokemon will hatch shiny if the egg shiny value and the trainer shiny value match when the egg hatches.

Trainer SV is static, there is a way to find out what yours is.
Egg SV is also static, it is determined when the egg is produced.

It's possible to check the Egg SV before it hatches.

So you produce an egg and find out the SV, then you find a trainer with a matching SV. Ask him/her to hatch it and it will be shiny!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It should be faster, but I don't know about less hassle.
Plus, it's not hatched as your Pokémon.

Thanks Scrafty!
Oof, didn't think of that, totally a killer for me.
I just don't think we have enough people on Gaf, exclusively. I mean, outreaching is great, but I don't think I'd trust them.

Firestorm

Now it makes sense as to where the 1/4096 number comes from for the shiny rate.

But how do they lower the rate for MM and other stuff. Is it limited in range or something?
Masuda Method tries 6 IDs in a row to see if it matches to determine if it's shiny. This allows you to check with however many are on the list. So Masuda Method wouldn't affect this method and is more efficient if you have 6 or fewer names on the list.

I can vouch for basically everyone on the Nugget Bridge list.

Busaiku

K86W-WWWW-WWW2-S9A7

Fear the immortal Clefable!
I thought we were only limited to 4 Pokemon, or else I wouldn't have let Cinccino fall so easily.

Firestorm

The program doesn't work on Mac and I can't seem to get it to work on my Windows 8 machine.

Too bad
If it's not a hassle, could you report the Windows 8 issues in the thread for it so they can be fixed going forward? Mac and Linux versions are in the works.

Top Bottom