• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

If it's not a hassle, could you report the Windows 8 issues in the thread for it so they can be fixed going forward? Mac and Linux versions are in the works.
I would, but I have no idea what it is. I never usually use W8. I install it and nothing happens. There is no program.Yeah,I have no idea. Once again, I usually never use W8. A search only turns up a link to the site and the uninstall program

I can tell you your SV if you would like. Just show me a Pokemon that you're the OT of.
Oooh, awesome. I'll send a trade req :D

DaBoss

MicH, your SV is 3459.

Busaiku, your SV is 3495.

lol
Masuda Method tries 6 IDs in a row to see if it matches to determine if it's shiny. This allows you to check with however many are on the list. So Masuda Method wouldn't affect this method and is more efficient if you have 6 or fewer names on the list.

I can vouch for basically everyone on the Nugget Bridge list.
Oh, that makes sense.

BTW, do you have to be the OT of the Pokemon shown? I assume you do.

Oh my god. I just thought of the perfect nickname for Sableye.

Gemini.

Like gem in eye?

Eh? Eh!?
8.5/10

I need help coming up with a name for my eventual shiny Sableye. It looks like chocolate, so I want to reference that somehow. Chocolatrick? Chocreeper? Gremolate? I need halp GAF!
sableye2.png

8.5/10

I need help coming up with a name for my eventual shiny Sableye. It looks like chocolate, so I want to reference that somehow. Chocolatrick? Chocreeper? Gremolate? I need halp GAF!

Name it Malteser after the best chocolate.

That or Wunderbar. It's both a German phrase and a chocolate!

8.5/10

sableye2.png
I think it'd be better with Topaz as a name.
Edit: Trick or Treat, you know because of Prankster.
Edit2: Snickers! I always picture Sableye laughing maniacally.

Fury Sense

I just got it to work on my Surface Pro (Windows 8). Detailed instructions Here

Basically it puts your laptop between your 3DS and your router, allowing you to see exactly what information is passing through. Instacheck interprets that information and shows you Poke-info in a nice GUI.

Instacheck looks like this once you get it to work http://i.imgur.com/SOqUneB.png
Delete the 3DS's remembered hotspot, then reconnect to the internet via the new one.
Click Start Instacheck and this window will come up http://i.imgur.com/6N4fkc3.png
Click Start Scanning and do a trade online. The information will populate as seen in the second image.

Click stop scanning and it apparently crashes :lol

Trainer Name: Ray
SV: 348
Friend Code: 2578 3149 3873

ohlawd

thing with this is let's say I made like 50 eggs and I put them all in the PC.

2 of them got the IV spread I want, that's great! What do I do with the other 48? I can't release them so I'm forced to hatch them.

Fury Sense

2 of them got the IV spread I want, that's great! What do I do with the other 48? I can't release them so I'm forced to hatch them.
Use the eggsploit / forecast breeding and you only end up with 1 egg with perfect IVs and nature. Of course then you only have 1 ESV to try to match with someone's TSV...

Inotti

I wish there was a way to discard eggs without hatching them... :p

SeZMehK

Well I am on vacation for the next three weeks and I am away from the Internet. Hopefully no one removes me from their friend lists. Lol

Yay, now I can know almost precisely the odds of getting my shiny perfect Noivern! Let's see, shiny, inheriting the right IVs with that set-up, and with that ability comes down to...
(1/4096)(1/12)(4/5) = 4/245,760. I prefer male Noivern, too, but I think I already understand just how lucky I got...
I can tell you your SV if you would like. Just show me a Pokemon that you're the OT of.
Since you're still on my Acquaintances List, can I send a trade req later to see? <.<

Firestorm

Honestly this is mostly for shinies. If you want IVs and don't care about shininess like me, just hatch 'em as usual. Some people want to coordinate the colours on their teams or prefer the shiny versions of certain Pokemon. I could see myself doing this for an Umbreon or something but that's it personally.

I just know a lot of other people really like shinies so yeah.

Honestly this is mostly for shinies. If you want IVs and don't care about shininess like me, just hatch 'em as usual. Some people want to coordinate the colours on their teams or prefer the shiny versions of certain Pokemon. I could see myself doing this for an Umbreon or something but that's it personally.

I'm sure plenty of people have the all shiny team dream. It's like the all foil deck in Magic.

Wichu

I want to make an all gen 6 shiny team just because. This is a godsend (even if it is a bit cheaty).

Also just got my shiny 31/31/31/x/31/31 Bulletproof Adamant Chespin using it. Two down, four to go!

ohlawd

that's what I came away from all of this. This is cool stuff for you shiny people but me? I honestly don't care about them and I would never go out my way to look for one.

you guys remember the box trick in Diamond/Pearl? That only did natures but if we can somehow do that here and instead of natures it'll list all IVs instead. Would be a wonderful thing.

WonderPup

So... Does anyone having a spare 0 speed Ditto lying about that I could take off of their hands?

I'm thinking "no", but my heart is hoping "yes".

What do you need exactly to be checked?

I just want to jot down all of their shiny values so that I can send 'em someone else's way in the future if I find someone with the same shiny value on their trainer.

Can you use the instacheck tool to check IVs too?

EDIT: I think you need to offer something too for it to work.

Firestorm

I'm sure plenty of people have the all shiny team dream. It's like the all foil deck in Magic.
I have traded my reverse holo Pokemon cards for regular cards before 'cause I am all about #TeamLowestRarity. I also apologized to one player in a video game tournament for my ugly ass shiny Ferrothorn. I don't think my opponents should have to look at something that looks like their trainer peed on.

DaBoss

I just want to jot down all of their shiny values so that I can send 'em someone else's way in the future if I find someone with the same shiny value on their trainer.

Can you use the instacheck tool to check IVs too?
Yea, you can. It can also export all of the values into a CSV file, so just continuously show the eggs one by one.

When I say one by one, I mean show one and then cancel, then show the next egg and repeat.

Thanks a lot DaBoss; I found an egg with perfect IVs in that batch!

Now, does anyone know where I could find someone with a shiny value of 3569?

DaBoss

On the NuggetBridge list, it shows "stats" and has some percentages. What do they mean?

Talking about this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApvTZ3ZGWQHPdFl6dWRfRTdVVGpRX21ZUnl6blhneHc#gid=0
Thanks a lot DaBoss; I found an egg with perfect IVs in that batch!

Now, does anyone know where I could find someone with a shiny value of 3569?
No problem. And you have the Instacheck tool running? I have the list if you would like, though it seemed like you showed me the same egg 4 times near the beginning.

No problem. And you have the Instacheck tool running? I have the list if you would like, though it seemed like you showed me the same egg 4 times near the beginning.

I had it running, but it took a while for me to find the correct wireless connection to scan (the list was like, 10 sources long for some reason).

Thanks again!

EDIT: If I hatch the perfect egg and then reset just to make sure the tool is 100% accurate, it won't reset the shiny value or whatever, right?

Neiteio

I battled until like 4 a.m. last night. I need to stop doing that on work nights.

This game is like an itch that can never be fully scratched. :-\

Yea, it won't be reset.

Cool. I got the results of the test back; I definitely have a perfect Pokémon. Now to wait until someone with a shiny value of 3569 shows up...

BTW, what was my shiny value? It just showed up as ???? on my Instachecker. Yours is 1485 if you didn't already know, Bossman.

Neiteio

8.5/10

sableye2.png
Corny Poop. Because the brown part of Sableye looks like poop, and the eyes look like corn stuck in the poop! :D

Top Bottom