• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Firestorm

ohlawd

B-but I'm not getting Senran Kagura
cause I'm broke.

Still gotta finish up Ace Attorney 5 anyways. Might as well play that for now.

You didn't drop Pokemon when AA5 came out? wat

Next thing you tell me you prioritized eating over finishing up AA5.

Aegislash completely walls Blissey. It used Minimize three times while I used Swords Dance, then my opponent realized his Toxic and Seismic Toss had no effect. XD

Hey guys I found a pretty useful type chart here

x0BorCo.jpg

ohlawd

has anyone got max stars from the Battle Institute?

Is the only requirement to get the best rating is to not to have any KO'd pokemon? Pretty funny how I get something like an Oddish and the next thing I see is a LANDORUS woah this is some Battle Maison shiz up in here.

macklelol

Is the only requirement to get the best rating is to not to have any KO'd pokemon? Pretty funny how I get something like an Oddish and the next thing I see is a LANDORUS woah this is some Battle Maison shiz up in here.

Battle Institute battles are supposed to get harder after each battle, so usually the 4th and 5th battles have some pretty strong Pokemon.

I did get Max rating on double battles. You can have your Pokemon being KOed.

The trick is finishing the battles fast and getting KOed not much.

I seriously have hard time using carbink for anything else besides for countering Talonflame. :p Shame really. ._.

BTW, what kind of build is good for Aegislash?
Yeah, it seems to be a burden in about half of the battles I've played. =/ But it kicks the crap out of Talonflame! Lol.

I went for a max HP and Atk build. I think that's the standard.

Inotti

Yeah, it seems to be a burden in about half of the battles I've played. =/ But it kicks the crap out of Talonflame! Lol.

I went for a max HP and Atk build. I think that's the standard.
What about movesets and nature? Also which item would support it best?

DaBoss

I need someone to get into a trade with me but not actually trade anything.

EDIT: Thank you very much Lazy.

EDIT2: Just realized there isn't really a way to check due to having to save before a trade.

upandaway

Maison streaks take so looooooooong

It takes forever just to get to 30 (and I had to take a break twice would doing that, went to breed stuff and generally chill). I can't imagine how it must feel losing in the 40's.

ohlawd

I did get Max rating on double battles. You can have your Pokemon being KOed.

The trick is finishing the battles fast and getting KOed not much.

ah ok that doesn't so bad.

Although my Grenny OHKO'd pretty much OHKO'd everything in singles and it only died once. I took 3 turns max. I took 4 turns on the round it died but I got a star off :/

Firestorm

Check what? What are you talking about? :eek:
My friend made a software that allows you to check the IVs, Natures, and Shiny Value of Pokemon and Eggs in a trade window. So basically you breed a bunch of eggs and deposit them in your PC or something. Get into a trade with a friend and check your eggs.

If the Pokemon Shiny Value matches the Trainer Shiny Value when it hatches, the Pokemon will be shiny. So what you do is check the Shiny Hatcher List to see if anyone has a Shiny Trainer Value that matches one of your eggs, and trade them the egg to hatch it for you.

More Info: http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/2795-shiny-hatcher-community-database/

Neiteio

I seriously have hard time using carbink for anything else besides for countering Talonflame. :p Shame really. ._.
Carbink is useful for a lot more than Talonflame, but not if you're treating him simply as a sweeper.

I won like 10 back-to-back rating battles last night with a disabling/defensive Sableye-Carbink core -- Carbink slicing damage in half to the whole team, taking Dazzling Gleams for Sableye and Sableye taking Brick Breaks for Carbink, then inflicting Burn via Will-O-Wisp to make even the strongest physical attackers hit like wet sponges under Reflect. Light Screen checks the special attackers, of course, both screens lasting eight turns with Light Clay. Against sweeper teams, Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker (as I like to call them -- Carbink being Chris Tucker, of course) put sweeper teams on the ropes and allow my own sweeper to set up on them with ease.

Does it always work? Of course not. But Carbink is far from limited to Talonflame and other 4X weak Pokemon. Also, with his own screens support he can stall burned opponents while burned himself, and chip away a surprising amount with Power Gem. I beat max HP Mega Kangaskhan and Garchomp with simple endurance in this fashion.

I know he's not for everyone, but in my experience Carbink is incredibly reliable and a humongous asset to the team. I've come to really admire how GameFreak designed him.

Firestorm

Basically the tldr is that this method currently gives you a 3% chance of getting a shiny (137 different IDs or so available) rather than 0.02% (nothing special) or 0.17% (Masuda Method). It'll get easier as more people join the list.

Does anyone have a Ditto with perfect IVs in Special Defense and two or more others except for Attack that I could borrow for a day or two? I'll give it back when I'm done and let you keep a 3+ IV Ditto in return!

Fury Sense

Basically the tldr is that this method currently gives you a 3% chance of getting a shiny (137 different IDs or so available) rather than 0.02% (nothing special) or 0.17% (Masuda Method). It'll get easier as more people join the list.
Sounds great, but I fear someone keeping my egg.

Unfortunately, the shiny won't have my Trainer ID...

Does anyone have a Ditto with perfect IVs in Special Defense and two or more others except for Attack that I could borrow for a day or two? I'll give it back when I'm done and let you keep a 3+ IV Ditto in return!
I have a Japanese one with Def, Sp.A, and Sp.D. I also have an American one with Sp.A, Sp.D, and Spe.

Boogiepop

Man, they need an ability to color the markings everyone uses for IVs or something. I'm breeding TR mareep, but now 31 speed has made its way into the pool and I have no way of marking the difference, even though I want to! (I also frustratingly ended up with my first literally perfect 6 31 IV pokemon here... and I need a zero instead, haha)!

Also, the breeding guy just creeped me out. I accidentally said I didn't want an egg, which apparently prompts him to say "I will take it and never give it back" and the prompt "you do really want it, don't you?"

Top Bottom